Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
Thank you Immacolata. I agree cps can improve pigmentation, but it didn't change the depths of my scars.

I tried fraxel restore laser, it didn't help and it's expensive.

Here are some before and after pictures of scars and acne scars from a dermaroll that might be of interest to you.

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product/10013/roller-before-and-after/index.vm

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've burned out on 2nd generation cps likely due to overuse and have decided to switch to the milder ghk-cu.
newflowers

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
For the long time user of Sb Cps - have you tried the Trireduction? What do you think?

I have been using copper peptides for more than a few years and am very happy with the results. Turning 50 has made me a bit more focused on upping my skin care game,so I am "upping my dosage" so to speak. Maybe next year, I'll move on to Super Cop. I started with CP Serum in 2009, moved on to Super CP Serum in 2011, and though everything looks good, I do want to move forward a bit as this perimemopause is not particularly fun in any way, and my skin (whole body) is getting drier.

At any rate, if you've used the Trireduction, I'd really like to hear from you, especially if you are a woman of a certain age who understands these bizarro changes.

Thanks so much!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
newflowers, if you've been using serums, you'll like the Trireduction for your drier skin. The serums have no lipids (oils) in them and Skin Biology usually tells their clients to top serums w/ an oil because of that. But the Trireduction already has some lipids in it and with it being a cream, it is much better for dry skin. It has about the same strength as the Super CP serum, so you can switch over very easily! Thanks for chiming in. Smile (And, I AM a woman who can understand the peri-meno stuff - going through it myself Rolling Eyes )

Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe -

Thanks so much. I'd started out using emu then switched to camellia then to argan, so I've always used an oil for moisturizing, and probably still will.

Let's hear it for "The Change." Smile
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
How long have you been using CPs newflowers and what have they done for you?

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe -

I've been using copper peptides for just over four years now. With the exception of a few (seven to be exact) fine lines around my eyes that have developed over the last year, I have no wrinkles. I used to have three across my forehead, but those went away in the first year of using CP Serum. Now I maintain diligently. My skin is clear, evenly toned, smooth, and looks tremendous. My skin has gotten dryer over the last couple of years, but I attribute that to age and its consequences.

I also use the Folligen Spray. I perm my hair and can really see the increased rate of growth. I still don't relax more frequently, but that just means I have more new growth that needs to be straightened when I do. The individual hairs are stronger/thicker which is a good thing since I do relax my hair.

The products take time to work, so those who use for a couple months and cry foul haven't used the cp long enough. When I first started, things did get a little worse before they got better - darker spots got darker, pimples on my chin and cheek, and I did get a little creepy under the eyes, but between two to four weeks all of that started to go away, and the the other improvements began.

There is no overnight with CP which is not like products that "reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles" by plumping them up; CP really does make the lines and wrinkles go away over time. Well, it has for me.

About a year ago, I noticed that I was starting to get old lady hands, so I began using the serum on my hands - at that point I was using Super CP Serum. I can say that the crinkly skin on the knuckles across my hands have smoothed out tremendously, the skin on the back of my hand is completely smooth, and the pinch test does not tell my age any longer.

More recently, I decided to test the claim of reduces/eliminates stretch marks and tightening skin after losing 50 pounds. I started with the lotion which is okay, but after six months, the improvement was noticeable but minimal - well, not as much as I wanted. At that point, I started using the Super CP Serum on my breasts, tummy, buns, and upper arms followed by argan oil. So now my experiment is getting really expensive, but it is working better and faster than with the lotion. Specifically, the stretch marks are not as wide, the skin is smoother, and the color is more even after about eight/nine months. Part of using the Triduction is to continue this as I work up to the Super Cop.

A super beneficial side-effect to using the serum on my face is my eyelashes are longer and my eyebrows thicker, especially on the tips where they had always been sparse. Literally, my eyelashes touch the lens of my glasses which is pretty damn cool as far as I'm concerned.

I have to say that in my experience, the copper peptides work exactly as advertised on the website. I am a happy customer. I am a little concerned about using the Trireduction Cream because I've not used retinol before, but not enough to not try it. We'll see how it goes because I'm not a fan of sunscreen - I can feel it on my face, uck.
newflowers

Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
P.S. I do want to add that just as the copper peptides have made my lashes and brow grow thicker and faster and longer, so too does it make those annoying chin hairs grow longer, thicker, and faster. Sometimes, I feel like those hairs are five feet long, so I pluck the chin hairs weekly. I get my brows threaded once a month.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've taken a week off from the CP serum and my skin is better. While I don't plan to continue using 2nd gen CPs beyond this last container of product, I'm not worried about permanent damage. I've read a lot about the uglies since realizing that that was probably what I had (I attributed to the changes in my pore size to having gone off the bcp last year; I figured it was just hormonal). My feelings are quite mixed. On the one hand, I think there is a lot of validity to people's complaints about the 2nd generation products. They seem to do a mixture of things, and are somewhat experimental. I've continued using them due to the overwhelming improvements in my eye area and overall facial firmness, but have gotten larger pores, which is upsetting.

I read some of the recent posts on this thread about whether CPs remove scars. I think they do, but very slowly and subtley. I have a chicken pox scar that is less concave than it used to be, and some acne scars on my cheeks that are less noticeable. This is after 2 and a a half years of use.

The 2nd gen CP is a strange product that wasn't properly studied, so I'll be switching to ghk. Hopefully that will work as well or better.
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Two years and a half is a long time. Even without cp, scars will improve somewhat in two years.
newflowers

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Gretchen,

My experience using CP is different than yours even in the change of pore size - mine got smaller, especially on my cheeks, but I don't see the concept of experimental. Mostly I'm really happy that Cps work well for my skin which often used to exhibit an allergic reaction to pretty much everything. And the CPs are compatible with the other products I use in the anti-aging line from MUAC.

Maybe it's just an issue of some products working for some but not for others.

I did receive my Trireduction and have been using it for the last four days. Being so used to the serums, this is a little different as this product is a thicker cream. I'm reserving judgement for now, but I think I prefer the serum; maybe that's just familiarity; however, if Trireduction works then I'll stick with it for a year before maybe moving up to the Super Cop, but it's way too soon to decide.

I can highly recommend MUAC Vital K Fluid to go with the CP for eyes. BUT my skin has always been on the drier side, and Vital K is a lipid fluid.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I just visited the Skin Bio forums the other day. I hadn't been there in quite a few months. I read a post dated less than six months ago by Dr. Pickart. It stated you can use Retin A with GHK at the same time. I guess they are reversing their opinion on this now. I was told by the Skin Bio staff not to use GHK at the same time of day as Retin A. It's very hard to get a straight answer over there. What about Vitamin C? Is this ok to use with GHK as well? I thought the opinion on this one was the CPs will diminish the effectiveness of the Vitamin C. Anybody have any info they could share on this? Thanks.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Is there a reason why you couldn't ask on their forums?

ETA - didn't mean to sound mean, hope it doesn't sound that way.

I say that because I've seen very detailed answers on such things there. It may be that they've discovered something new about GHK and Retin A that they didn't know when you were there last.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using cp's for more than two years. Right now i use skin signals cream on my face. I feel it has made my skin tighter and younger.

For the past many months I've been using cp's on my body. What I did was get a sample bottle of super cp serum with my SB order. I put that bottle into a pump dispenser of CeRave moisturizer. I shook the bottle and now have my own dyi cp body lotion that i like way better than what SB sells.

The result? I notice that my arms are looking younger... I am excited about that. I think cp's really work..they just take a lot of time.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
Is there a reason why you couldn't ask on their forums?

I thought I would ask here first. There are a lot of experienced users on this board. Smile In the past, when I have asked questions on the SB forums, I have gotten a few vague and sometimes contradictory answers.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:

The result? I notice that my arms are looking younger... I am excited about that. I think cp's really work..they just take a lot of time.

That's great news. Did you have crepey skin on your arms? I have been doing a test with trireduction on one arm for a year. I am using it with SB mild acids as well. I only see a slight difference between the SB arm and the untreated arm after a year. I am debating on whether to continue. But, as you said it does take a while to see results.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
I've been using cp's for more than two years. Right now i use skin signals cream on my face. I feel it has made my skin tighter and younger.

I like the SS Cream as well. I alternate it with the Super GHK. I only use it 2-3 times a week. Can you tell me how many days a week you use the SS Cream? Maybe I should trust in it and use it more frequently. I wish Dr. Pickart had studies to prove the effectiveness of 2nd Generation CPs. I like hearing the personal testimonials of success but, I really would like to see some studies. This is why I lean towards using the Super GHK.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
newflowers - great testament to using CPs (and congrats on your weight loss!!)

Have you tried using a dermaroller for product penetration to help with the firming?

packratmack - I've read that CPs can be used with Retin A quite some time ago. I probably got that off the Skin Bio forum searching back through older posts, too. I do believe the advice was changed at one point, but I don't know when. They still say to use an acid (like a AHA or BHA) on opposite ends of the day from the GHK, though.
Quote:

I just visited the Skin Bio forums the other day. I hadn't been there in quite a few months. I read a post dated less than six months ago by Dr. Pickart. It stated you can use Retin A with GHK at the same time. I guess they are reversing their opinion on this now. I was told by the Skin Bio staff not to use GHK at the same time of day as Retin A. It's very hard to get a straight answer over there. What about Vitamin C? Is this ok to use with GHK as well? I thought the opinion on this one was the CPs will diminish the effectiveness of the Vitamin C. Anybody have any info they could share on this? Thanks.

hotdocgirl - what a good idea you had on the CeraVe lotion! That's got to smell better than the ones SB sells - LOL. Glad to hear you're getting good results from it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:00 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

packratmack - I've read that CPs can be used with Retin A quite some time ago. I probably got that off the Skin Bio forum searching back through older posts, too. I do believe the advice was changed at one point, but I don't know when. They still say to use an acid (like a AHA or BHA) on opposite ends of the day from the GHK, though.

Hi foxe, Thanks for answering. I was hoping you would stop by. Smile I know 2nd generation CPs can be used with Retin A, but I'm still not sure about GHK. I phoned SB and asked this question and was told not to use Retin A with the GHK. This was about a year ago. I have also asked this question on the forum and was told by SB that the GHK was too delicate to use with Retin A. I guess, I will never know for sure

Has there been a consensus on whether vitamin C can be used with 2nd generation CPs or GHK? I'd like to hear your opinion on that one too. Thanks.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Here are the answers to a few questions asked of me..
I take the weekends off from using cp's on my face. I find it works best when you give your face a rest.

my arms are the only thing that started showing age on my body. I sort of blew it not thinking that they could age..as i was concentrating on my face, chest, and hands. I just now think they are looking much better. I'll continue with cp's and most likely do some peels on them too.

Let me add.. I've been using cp's on my legs and knees too. You know..the wrinkles above the knees..and i think my overall legs are looking younger too.

to add.. i also use it on my feet. lol.. because I saw an older woman's feet one day..and it was shocking.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:00 am      Reply with quote
The hyperpigmentation that I had on my chest and also some spots on my hands have faded dramatically in the past couple of months. I can't attribute it entirely to peptides, as I've been taking mega doses of Vitamin C and MSM for a while, but I believe that switching to Skin Signals cream was a wise choice for me!

My chest and breasts are the areas that have improved the most - no age spots on the girls but they were somewhat "shriveled" looking, like the skin had just given up. Now the skin is firmer and doesn't have that stretched look. Very happy about this as my poor boobs lost much of their awesomeness (size) when I lost 30 lbs.

If you're a "person of a "certain age" then using copper peptides is a very smart choice. It really does take patience though - if you go in expecting miracles in two weeks, you're going to be very disappointed. But if you persevere and make CPs a part of your healthy regime, in six months you're going to be a very happy (and younger-looking!) camper.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
foxe wrote:

Hi foxe, Thanks for answering. I was hoping you would stop by. Smile I know 2nd generation CPs can be used with Retin A, but I'm still not sure about GHK. I phoned SB and asked this question and was told not to use Retin A with the GHK. This was about a year ago. I have also asked this question on the forum and was told by SB that the GHK was too delicate to use with Retin A. I guess, I will never know for sure

Has there been a consensus on whether vitamin C can be used with 2nd generation CPs or GHK? I'd like to hear your opinion on that one too.

Thanks.

I guess it depends on how soon you use them together - as in> layering the Retin A over the GHK or vice-versa. I may be wrong here - and it might be better to go by SB's advice on this than mine. I would think if you used these far enough apart that it shouldn't matter. I always thought the low pH of AHAs and BHAs (and, possibly - Vit C serums) was part of the reason for GHK's fragility and breakdown. Retonic Acid does not have a low pH and its pH is usually at the nuetral mark of 7 or 8. But, it's probably better to be safe on this and take SB's advice.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've used it since last July and theres absolutely NO remodeling. My scars look the same, if not worse than before.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:

Has there been a consensus on whether vitamin C can be used with 2nd generation CPs or GHK? I'd like to hear your opinion on that one too. Thanks.

Dr P has said on his forum that they've had clients use the two together and have had good results. I guess that's a safe way to say "go ahead" and use them together without worry.

Second gen CPs were thought to cause problems for the Vit C serums, but Vit C was suppose to cause problems for GHK - probably because of its low pH and GHK's fragility.

I think we spend enough on these things to not want to mess up their efficacy, so it still might be better to not use them at the same time of day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
Here are the answers to a few questions asked of me..
I take the weekends off from using cp's on my face. I find it works best when you give your face a rest.

my arms are the only thing that started showing age on my body. I sort of blew it not thinking that they could age..as i was concentrating on my face, chest, and hands. I just now think they are looking much better. I'll continue with cp's and most likely do some peels on them too.

Let me add.. I've been using cp's on my legs and knees too. You know..the wrinkles above the knees..and i think my overall legs are looking younger too.

to add.. i also use it on my feet. lol.. because I saw an older woman's feet one day..and it was shocking.

LOL - When I first started using Skin Bio's foot cream on my feet, I couldn't believe the stuff that sloughed off! Yuck! Maybe you saw my feet that day! Laughing

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |