Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata wrote:
The hyperpigmentation that I had on my chest and also some spots on my hands have faded dramatically in the past couple of months. I can't attribute it entirely to peptides, as I've been taking mega doses of Vitamin C and MSM for a while, but I believe that switching to Skin Signals cream was a wise choice for me!

My chest and breasts are the areas that have improved the most - no age spots on the girls but they were somewhat "shriveled" looking, like the skin had just given up. Now the skin is firmer and doesn't have that stretched look. Very happy about this as my poor boobs lost much of their awesomeness (size) when I lost 30 lbs.

If you're a "person of a "certain age" then using copper peptides is a very smart choice. It really does take patience though - if you go in expecting miracles in two weeks, you're going to be very disappointed. But if you persevere and make CPs a part of your healthy regime, in six months you're going to be a very happy (and younger-looking!) camper.

Depending on the condition of the skin and how people respond individually, it could take a short or a fairly long time to see results. Patience is key.

I want to hear how you lost your weight, but I'll PM you on that one!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Foxey.. you crack me up. Actually I have an older friend who is lovely..she takes such good care of herself..she even got a face lift. We were tailgating in the unforgiving daylight before a football game when her sandaled feet jumped out at me.

I couldn't help but notice her poor feet in her hip cool shoes. They were shocking and didn't match her from the ankles up! lol Since then.. I've been cp-ing my feet and putting cerave on my tootsies religiously. haha.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl - I actually have some pretty nasty feet that can easily get outta control if I don't use something on them on a daily basis. I was diagnosed with plantar hyperkeratosis (extremely dry feet) and will use CPs, Carmol 40(a Rx urea cream) and a pumice stone on them. They are now impressively smooth (or so a friend would say after he tried to tickle them one day), but it is a daily chore.

Gotta make sure they look good in sandles Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
cps did nothing for my depressed acne scars, fine lines in 8 months. It did nothing other than making my face itch.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
For anyone interested in newusers's posts, please refer to page 68 for correspondence there. CPs (as well as every product out there) don't work for everyone. But newuser just wants to be an annoyance on this subject and doesn't have good enough manners to back out on this one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
hotdocgirl - I actually have some pretty nasty feet that can easily get outta control if I don't use something on them on a daily basis. I was diagnosed with plantar hyperkeratosis (extremely dry feet) and will use CPs, Carmol 40(a Rx urea cream) and a pumice stone on them. They are now impressively smooth (or so a friend would say after he tried to tickle them one day), but it is a daily chore.

Gotta make sure they look good in sandles Rolling Eyes

foxe..i have not tried it..but read on another thread that apple cider vinegar is great at smoothing dried cracked feet. soak..and scrub. In fact.. I've been toying with the idea of putting on ACV soaked white socks with baggies over them...let them soak for a while..then exfoliate. can't hurt. it is cheap and worth a try.
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I personally contacted quite a few posters on skin bio forum and they all said cps did little or nothing to their scars. Many posters posted on skin bio forum saying cps didn't help with their scars.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
I personally contacted quite a few posters on skin bio forum and they all said cps did little or nothing to their scars. Many posters posted on skin bio forum saying cps didn't help with their scars.

I don't know about scars or acne marks.. I know that it has made my overall skin look much better. I know we all have our own challenges.

Cp's do take time to work and in our cosmetic society we all want visible improvements in weeks. With cp's it just won't happen. And I'm sure with scar removal it would be a time consuming commitment. I wish you luck. Maybe a laser treatment would bring you quicker results.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:18 am      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:

Oh - do tell me who you contacted.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
It's personal.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, please stop. Just stop. I have tried to deal with you in a kind manner, but you are just being impossible. This goes way beyond not liking a product. I do not want to call you names, but what you are doing does not put you in a flattering light, AT ALL. It puts into question the truth of everything you have said.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Believe me I feel exactly the same about you and foxe.
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Alexya wrote:
That was a good tip foxe! I use the GHK and find it gives me all I need in a CP. I do have some CP serum and Skin signals serum, but just prefer GHK. I use the cream around my eyes and the serum elsewhere. Some people simply cannot use the stronger products. I do use the Super Cop on a very limited basis for scars but am careful not to get it near my under eyes or lids.
What works best for me is to alternate RA and CP nights. I do love the CP "glow" though.

The glow is one of the main things I will miss about CPs. Sad I have had to quit the 2nd generation products altogether and probably will not be using GHK any time in the near future, at least not until some of the damage subsides.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:

The glow is one of the main things I will miss about CPs. Sad I have had to quit the 2nd generation products altogether and probably will not be using GHK any time in the near future, at least not until some of the damage subsides.

Sorry to hear about that Gretchen. I remember a post by you saying that CPs really made an improvement in your skin. I am phasing out second generation CPs as well. I really only trust the GHK.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:45 am      Reply with quote
LOL does anyone else check this thread just for the laughs?

For what it's worth, I'm still using cp's (ghk) and have a hunch they're what is keeping my eyehoods from drooping like my mom's did, and from keeping any sagging at bay.
My pores & any hyper-pigmentation are steadily evening out but I'm not sure whether to attribute this to tretinoin & vitamin c. Probably the whole combo.

I may give cp's a rest for a bit, just to see whether they amp up in effectiveness after a break, like hydroquinone does.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
lindsay123
5% products discount

Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm wanting to start cp's to help try and fix uneven skin tone, lines, and some scars and indents i got from treating my forehead acne with a retinoid. Most of the scarring is relatively shallow but noticeable. There are also two or three bigger scars that feel like there are missing collagen / tissue under the skin (if that makes sense). They were areas where i had the worst breakouts. I've tried to do as much reading as possible with the time i have and i think i'm prepared to give the cp's a go.

Just a few questions:

Even though i'm using them for scars, i should still start with the GHK and use it, what, twice a week, diluted 4/4 to begin with?

If i use a zinc oxide and titanium dioxide sunscreen during the day does this mean i need to use the cp's at night, and the bha acid in the morning (so they're 12 hrs apart)?

Is it likely i will eventually have to move from just a 2% bha to something stronger / needling?

I'm in the UK - does this mean i can't get a hold of samples without ordering direct from Skinbio in the US?

Thanks!
Lindsay
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Even though i'm using them for scars, i should still start with the GHK and use it, what, twice a week, diluted 4/4 to begin with?

I wouldn't dilute it. I don't think the serum is terribly strong. Maybe for the first few times you use it, but I started with P&R and it didn't phase me.
Quote:
If i use a zinc oxide and titanium dioxide sunscreen during the day does this mean i need to use the cp's at night, and the bha acid in the morning (so they're 12 hrs apart)?

I know that zinc oxide is not recommended for use at the same time as copper peptides. Titanium Oxide is used in P&R Day Cover so I think that's fine to use. The acids, I think you're supposed to wait 30 minutes but don't quote me on this. Foxe would know better than me.
Quote:
Is it likely i will eventually have to move from just a 2% bha to something stronger / needling?

I'm no expert, but for scars, from what I've seen and read, you would probably do well to add derma needling, if you can stand it. (I don't think I could, although I am going to try eventually!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:02 am      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
if I had success with cp, I'd be willing to share. It doesn't have to be foxes though, any clear before and after pics for indented acne scars would be good.

There are several regular posters on the skinBio forum who have noted great success with removal and decreasing of scars with CPs: Two that come to mind are Stoney and Maxx. They have both chronicled extensive accounts of how they did it. Stoney has posted pictures.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I find that the combo of dermarolling, GHK & LED is a good match which made my skin FIRM and put sagging skin at bay!
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:31 am      Reply with quote
A Lightstim is at the top of my wish list!

5% products discount

Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info Smile

I contacted the EU distributor for Skin Bio but they don't have access to the smaller sample packs so i just ordered the small GHK serum from here (EDS).

I already have my emu oil. I also have the Paula's Choice 2% bha lotion - should that be a fine acid to use? I'll maybe message Foxe about the 30 minute rule - it makes it pretty clear to wait 12 hours on the instructions but i've read quite a few other users say they just wait the 30 minutes..., it's a bit unclear Confused I guess it would be good to be able to do both in evening and then just gently cleanse / sunscreen in the morning.

I've spent what feels like a few days reading about dermarolling on here and other forums and it seems like for many it's been the key to improvements so i am tempted. Would it be wise to wait and see what happens with the cp / acid combo rather than jumping into rolling? I think the scars i have (which are quite shallow), would look a lot better if some of the hyper-pigmentation calmed down and also with a little skin tightening / evening up (bad retinoid experience). So even if the combo didn't take a sledgehammer to scars..., if it helped with the latter i'd be over the moon (initially!).

summer2004 wrote:
I find that the combo of dermarolling, GHK & LED is a good match which made my skin FIRM and put sagging skin at bay!

If you don't mind me asking, have you been using the roller for product penetration (0.5) or have you been using the longer ones? If things seem okay with the cps after a month or so i'm tempted to get a 0.5 to see what effect it would have before getting anymore serious.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I have not yet used a derma roller. I'm going to try LED first. I'm a big fat baby when it comes to pain. I used to do 20% TCA peels at home and would tear up every time! LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Oops - could have sworn you asked me about dermarolling, but I see you asked another poster.

5% products discount

Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, just about to finish up the GHK cream. First CP product I tried. Using it mainly around my eyes with good results, but should I move on to a CP upgrade? Thanks!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
alkery - I've used all levels of CPs and I'm sticking with GHK serum or the cream.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |