Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ellaelise
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:53 am      Reply with quote
foxe- My skin concerns are REMARKABLY similar to yours- some redness from use of retinoids, some acne scars I'd like to see smooothed out, the beginnings of N/L lines and forehead lines, a blemish I've had for years that won't go away as well as a little sag in the jowl area due to weight loss. Can you recommend some SPECIFIC products to buy? The ones that worked for you? Thank you!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi ellaelise

I would recommend starting out with CP serum. That's the one I started with and will go back to it or the Super CP serum quite often. They're very good basic CPs and they're great for beginners because you can dilute them easily.

I started with CP Serum and worked up to the Super CP Serum before trying other CPs. I'm back to the Super CP serum at the moment. It's inexpensive and it works great for me.

I also like the Night Eyes products for my eyes. They're creams and the eyes could use something creamier than a serum.

But - since you're new - go slowly with these. They are strong.

I'd also recommend adding needling with the CPs for your acne scars - that can really smooth things out.

Tell me about the blemish you've had for years that won't go away. Have you had a derm look at it?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Two users posted on skin biology's forum saying after using Cps and acid for over a year, their scars didn't improve at all, and the posts were deleted today. Go figure....
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:24 am      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
Two users posted on skin biology's forum saying after using Cps and acid for over a year, their scars didn't improve at all, and the posts were deleted today. Go figure....

Maybe it was someone that posted over and over and over and over and over? Someone like you, perhaps?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
^ HAHA! I LOVE THIS THREAD! Smile

I wonder if someone can give me some advice... I've been using ghk for 15 months, and all's well. My pores are a little smaller, and small flecks of hyperpigmentation have been fading/evening out. A light peel will probably correct the remainder. I alternate with Vitamin C & Tretinoin, & do ocm massage. My drooping eye hood seems to have smartened up, but my nasolabials and 11's may be coming in a bit more. I haven't done much needling, especially not on my nasolabials (it really hurt there!), but maybe I should get on that. I also haven't used frownies/tape much at all there, which would probably help. Too damn lazy, I suppose and bad working/frowning habits & sleeping on my face!

My bottle's almost done. Any thoughts on whether I should I stay with the ghk or move on to another cp product? It seems like I could really use some extra tightening.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
newusernew
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Could someone tell me how to post pictures? I took a screenshot of the deleted messages on skin bio forum. I'd like to post deleted threads oonce I find them so everybody gets to know the truth.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:

My bottle's almost done. Any thoughts on whether I should I stay with the ghk or move on to another cp product? It seems like I could really use some extra tightening.

Since it's working so well for you, I would stick with the GHK. Why fix it if it ain't broke? LOL

I haven't had any problems using Skin Signals, but some people have reported uglies using the 2nd generation CP's. So as long as the GHK is showing good results, I'd stick with it.

I've added a retinol cream in the evenings to my routine, and when my SS runs out I might go to GHK, see what happens! Smile

newusernew wrote:
Could someone tell me how to post pictures? I took a screenshot of the deleted messages on skin bio forum. I'd like to post deleted threads oonce I find them so everybody gets to know the truth.

I'm sure everyone is anxiously awaiting the results of your crusade. We really have no idea how you feel about Skin Bio. It's not like there are posts upon posts about it...oh, wait...

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Skin bio forum admin diligently delete all the posts with negative comments. I've seen so many threads deleted. If someone tell me a way to post pics, I'll collect the screenshots of deleted posts so people know the truth behind cps.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
ummmm.. it might behoove you to pick up a new hobby.

Thanks, Imm, that was my feeling as well, to stick with the ghk. I just haven't taken the time to read through everything here and wasn't sure whether progression to another level of product was what was done or not.

Yes, I said behoove!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
Skin bio forum admin diligently delete all the posts with negative comments. I've seen so many threads deleted. If someone tell me a way to post pics, I'll collect the screenshots of deleted posts so people know the truth behind cps.

Amazing that with all these posts, you are there to take a screenshot just in time, before they are deleted... Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:

Thanks, Imm, that was my feeling as well, to stick with the ghk. I just haven't taken the time to read through everything here and wasn't sure whether progression to another level of product was what was done or not.

Yes, I said behoove!

LOL! I loves me some $5 words!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Nobody like to monitor a forum like this, but since I used to be on skin bio forum so often and I noticed negative comments got deleted all the time, I just think it's unfair that new users get biased reviews of the products and don't get misled into buying the things that wouldn't work for them.

Immacolata, do you think you're the only person who'e allowed to post the same comments over and over and over again? That you have mild depressed scars and cps didn't help them at all, but you don't mind as the scars are too mild they don't bother you? That cps are good products even if they have no results on the mildest acne scars?
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:50 am      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:

Yes, I said behoove!

I agree - stick with the GHK. I started stronger - with CP serum at first (diluted) then Skin Signals Cream. Now, I use GHK and Skin Signals Cream only.

I seem to have better results with 1st generation so I think I am going to stick with GHK. I love using it after a light dermarolling session.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:45 am      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
Nobody like to monitor a forum like this, but since I used to be on skin bio forum so often and I noticed negative comments got deleted all the time, I just think it's unfair that new users get biased reviews of the products and don't get misled into buying the things that wouldn't work for them.

Immacolata, do you think you're the only person who'e allowed to post the same comments over and over and over again? That you have mild depressed scars and cps didn't help them at all, but you don't mind as the scars are too mild they don't bother you? That cps are good products even if they have no results on the mildest acne scars?

I don't have mild depressed scars. I had one very small scar but it's gone now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I think it is pretty much a given that products work for SOME, but not ALL people. This forum is a good place to exchange information on what has worked FOR AN INDIVIDUAL. It is a generous gesture.

I am so grateful to posters who report on their individual experiences; it is counter productive to be angry if a recommended product has proved to be ineffective for oneself, in spite of recommendations by others.

Just look around anytime you are out in public: human beings are hugely variable and it would be impossible for any one product to be universally effective.

Hostility towards members who endorse a product that is ineffective for you lowers the tone of the forum and will make other members less likely to share information and opinions.

Just my opinion.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:06 am      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
I think it is pretty much a given that products work for SOME, but not ALL people. This forum is a good place to exchange information on what has worked FOR AN INDIVIDUAL. It is a generous gesture.

I am so grateful to posters who report on their individual experiences; it is counter productive to be angry if a recommended product has proved to be ineffective for oneself, in spite of recommendations by others.

Just look around anytime you are out in public: human beings are hugely variable and it would be impossible for any one product to be universally effective.

Hostility towards members who endorse a product that is ineffective for you lowers the tone of the forum and will make other members less likely to share information and opinions.

Just my opinion.

Well said! Thank you!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Agreed. Why do you think skin bio forum keeps deleting posts with negative comments then?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
newusernew wrote:
Agreed. Why do you think skin bio forum keeps deleting posts with negative comments then?

Immacolata wrote:

Maybe it was someone that posted over and over and over and over and over? Someone like you, perhaps?

You're welcome! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks erg! I appreciate the reassurance. I will continue with the ghk, and probably make attempts at being more serious with the needling of my 11's, and taping too.
My skin has improved to the point where there's really no reason I shouldn't strive for ultimate perfection now.. Smile
I'll let y'all know how I do!

* and yes, well said, mismis

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my. Where's the ignore button when you need it. Some people don't know when to say when. Throw in the towel... give up the ghost... let it go...Give it a rest.

Okay - Cp's-LOVE GHK!!!! I've used them all.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:01 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sister Sweets and Foxe,

I've been doing a lot of research on this site for many years about Copper Peptides.

I used Skin Bio's CP Serum for a year, then after taking a break, ordered SuperCop and diluted it (not really understanding the strength of these products). I used this with Retin A every night very sparingly and diluted, and then essentially forgot about it until I got the uglies with I attributed to stress... until I figured out what was happening.

It was horrible - I had a very waxy, leathery, saggy texture to my skin and thought I completely destroyed it. I immediately stopped everything and used emu oil and after a week my skin has recovered. My skin texture is back to normal and the crepe on my neck and eyelids are VERY much improved - my skin has obviously thickened there. But then an old acne scar has seemed to surface near my NL fold.

So now I believe in the strength in these products. I will definitely keep using the stronger products on my eyelids and my neck, but need to be more delicate with my face.

After much consideration, I have purchased Skin Signals and Lacsal for use on my face, but haven't opened it yet and am wondering if that sounds like a good choice? Also, what to do about the acne scar. I haven't found the time where I can needle and heal - but maybe I could use a dry brush or exfoliate some other way in the meantime? What worked for you?

Thanks so much for any advice you can give me!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi zorrilla - nice to hear from you. Glad to hear you got through the 'uglies' too. That's reassuring.

About that old acne scar - I personally think using some form of needling and CPs is a quick way to improve on them. But, you can try other methods if that doesn't appeal to you. I think something like the LacSal and spot treat with the Super Cop over it every day would speed up the change you would like to see in the scar. It will go through many changes and will most likely take a l-o-n-g time, so be patient with it.

If you've ordered the Skin Signals, you can use that all over (and on your eyes, too) and still use the Super Cop for spot treating the scar. I would only use the Super Cop for spot treating. As you found out from the temporary changes to your facial skin, it was a strong CP. Go slow with the Skin Signals all over when you first try it since your skin won't have adjusted to that just yet. After a few weeks, you should be able to go full strength.

Report back and let us know how things go - K? I'm really glad your skin didn't stay with the bad texture like you described.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe - thanks so much for getting back to me!

The acne scar might have been there before, but it became really pronounced with the sagging and I noticed the shadow for the first time.

I purchased single needles a while back and haven't used them yet, so I think I might try them out on a tiny area and start with that. I'm just going to be as careful as possible from now on, as that really messed with my head. I would have stopped using them if I didn't see such an improvement with the crepe! My eyelids and neck look amazing. That was a strange/dangerous experiment, but at least I found out how it works for me.

Thank you for your advice Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
zorilla - very interesting name.

I have never worked scars but I have used all levels of CP's. For your general use - I believe in ghk. I am oily and should use ghk serum but I love LOVE!!! the cream. It's a phenomenal product.
For your area of scarring I assume the best protocal would be alternating something like ghk with a super cop and use of rolling with a dermaroller and some sort of glycolic acid product. I don't think it has to be skin biology but I am fine about their stuff. Copper peptides are serious business and what a bonus to make them work for you.

5% products discount

Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Is anyone using the Two Time Tightener? How do you work it into your routine? Have a great day!
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |