Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
taligator wrote:
I was thinking of this kit:

Facial Regeneration Test Kit

1 CP Serum (1 oz)
1 LacSal Serum (1 oz)
1 Exfol Cream (.25 oz)
1 P&R Classic Cream (.25 oz)
1 P&R High Retinol Cream (.25 oz)
1 P&R Day Cover Cream (.25 oz)
1 Emu Oil-S (.25 oz)

It gives me a variety of products and then add on the cleanser.

that kit looks nice. Two diff exfoliators to try, one a serum and one a cream. The P&R Day cover is a good basic sunscreen for every day use (you'd need more for a full day in the sun, though, as it doesn't have a LOT of sun protection). I wouldn't use the P&R High Retinol on acne prone skin, though. It's meant for drier skin. The P&R Classic would be a good body lotion IMO. At least, that's what I use it for. LOL Emu Oil is OK - but never would sink into my skin. It might work better for you, though. At least it never caused any breakouts on me. All-in-all, it's offering a lot of different choices. I still go by my simpler suggestion, but this kit is nice as well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

that kit looks nice. Two diff exfoliators to try, one a serum and one a cream. The P&R Day cover is a good basic sunscreen for every day use (you'd need more for a full day in the sun, though, as it doesn't have a LOT of sun protection). I wouldn't use the P&R High Retinol on acne prone skin, though. It's meant for drier skin. The P&R Classic would be a good body lotion IMO. At least, that's what I use it for. LOL Emu Oil is OK - but never would sink into my skin. It might work better for you, though. At least it never caused any breakouts on me. All-in-all, it's offering a lot of different choices. I still go by my simpler suggestion, but this kit is nice as well.

My skin is more dry than acne prone. Dryness is my #1 priority in the coming months.

The problem with deciding to try a new line of products is deciding what to buy ..

I may go with individual products now. I like your simple approach. I'm not a fussy person and don't want to spend a lot of time with these products.
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I think what I'm going to do is this:

Dr. Loren Pickart's Face and Body Cleanser
Lactic Power 10
CP Serum
Sample of: TriReduction Cream

Smile
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:16 am      Reply with quote
taligator wrote:

Lactic Power 10
CP Serum

Smile

Looks good. Just remember to introduce the CP Serum gradually. And take pics and report back for us - K?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:05 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
taligator wrote:

Lactic Power 10
CP Serum

Smile

Looks good. Just remember to introduce the CP Serum gradually. And take pics and report back for us - K?

I will do that. I should share my before Herzog and now photos because it's a dramatic difference (to me) even though there are still issues.

I'm excited to try something new. I've stuck with the Herzog a long time and like I said, I'm still very happy with it but I want a little bit more.

Thanks again!
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Wow. I got my products today. I was a bit shocked at how quickly they arrived. I didn't realize they were based about 10 miles from me. *laugh*

Time to read up on how to use them now.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:25 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the new GHK VIP cream? I ve ordered it but wondered if anyone has used it yet?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:43 am      Reply with quote
After reading the directions for the products I'm going to take the Herzog approach. They say to wash morning/evening and use serum in the AM and exfoliator in the evening. My skin doesn't generally do well with so much washing. I'll do what Herzog suggests and wash/product at night and then splash in the morning and apply anything if needed.

I tried the Lac10 last night with the wash and I could FEEL it on my skin. I didn't notice any redness but I could feel something going on there. I woke up with a small whitehead on my chin. I'll try the serum tonight and alternate with the Lac10 for a bit.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
Has anyone tried the new GHK VIP cream? I ve ordered it but wondered if anyone has used it yet?

I've tried it. It's thick and very creamy. AND - it's a purple color! Shock Quite unusual for compared to their other creams.

It is nice, goes on my oily skin very well and sinks in on me without causing any problems for me.

The container for it is actually the nicest one I've seen come from Skin Biology. They usually have plain white basic ones, but this one is packaged quite elegantly in a gold container and wrapped in a gold drawstring bag. I, personally, don't care for creams in open containers like SB uses for their creams, though. I believe it introduces too many bad things and can cause early demise to the product. Because of this, I will split the creams into smaller containers for short term use.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
taligator wrote:
After reading the directions for the products I'm going to take the Herzog approach. They say to wash morning/evening and use serum in the AM and exfoliator in the evening. My skin doesn't generally do well with so much washing. I'll do what Herzog suggests and wash/product at night and then splash in the morning and apply anything if needed.

I tried the Lac10 last night with the wash and I could FEEL it on my skin. I didn't notice any redness but I could feel something going on there. I woke up with a small whitehead on my chin. I'll try the serum tonight and alternate with the Lac10 for a bit.

With my oily skin - I can never miss a washing! I wonder if that blemish that popped up was from some purging from the Lac10? I do remember some transient feeling when I first used it, too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe, thank you for, that , it sounds lovely.I have only ever used Ghk serum/cream and was wondering whether to up the ante as it were but this sounds like it might cover that so I took the plunge!

I never thought of the containers,at all or about any contamination that may occur. Embarassed I think I may transfer too. Thanks Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I think my next purchase will be the GHK cream. I want to start rolling soon and intend to use GHK as part of that regimen.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:28 am      Reply with quote
I use the serum on day 5 after a 1mm heavy roll.
I think its working Ive had no bad reactions and it seems to fit with Dr Setterfields recs from his book.( If I remember right!)

And my skin is looking not too bad! forehead wrinkles definitely less over 3yrs of rolling!
Too much NL folds tho, want them gone Rolling Eyes

Never happy Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I believe that N/L folds are harder because they're not actually wrinkles, but a result of lax muscles and loss of volume. So CP serum/rolling might not help as much there as would microcurrent, facial exercise or filler.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I think you are right! I am just not as diligent with exercises or microcurrent as I should be! Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I've been using my CPs about a week now. I use the wash at night with Lac10 on top. The smell is odd on it, comforting, but odd. In the morning, I splash the face (if I'm not showering) or use a cetaphil cleanser on it in the shower. I use the CP serum on top of it.

I've had NO adverse reactions at all. I find that most of my face is baby butt smooth by this point except my chin but that is always rougher/drier than everything else. It is greatly improved though.

I feel like my skin looks better. It's hard to say when you want something to work well. I love how it looks though and I find that I'm not fussing with it as much as I was with the Herzog, which I still love.

Overall, I'm very happy and will keep on going. I'll put up some pictures soon.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
taligator wrote:
I've been using my CPs about a week now. I use the wash at night with Lac10 on top. The smell is odd on it, comforting, but odd. In the morning, I splash the face (if I'm not showering) or use a cetaphil cleanser on it in the shower. I use the CP serum on top of it.

I've had NO adverse reactions at all. I find that most of my face is baby butt smooth by this point except my chin but that is always rougher/drier than everything else. It is greatly improved though.

I feel like my skin looks better. It's hard to say when you want something to work well. I love how it looks though and I find that I'm not fussing with it as much as I was with the Herzog, which I still love.

Overall, I'm very happy and will keep on going. I'll put up some pictures soon.

That's awesome to hear. Pretty early for results, but nice to hear just the same.

Good that you're not seeing any 'uglies'. are you diluting the CP Serum?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

That's awesome to hear. Pretty early for results, but nice to hear just the same.

Good that you're not seeing any 'uglies'. are you diluting the CP Serum?

I'm not diluting. I just use it once a day very sparingly.

I'm just dealing with dry skin at this point. I'm needing to get a moisturizer that works well with it.
Yubs
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
tailgator wrote:
The smell is odd on it, comforting, but odd.

That's funny. I think the same thing. I don't use CP's daily right now, but when I am using them and I smell that smell it's like an old friend.

Like foxe, glad to hear your getting some early results. When I first started using I noticed some pretty early improvement, too...some brightening and clarification particularly. But eventually I did get the uglies. And I worked through them. Several time so far. Very Happy So if that happens to you, don't despair.

I find a nice emulsion of emu oil and hyaluronic acid (mixed in the palm of my hand) works well as a moisturizer. Don't know if that's suitable for your skin type but throwing it out there to consider. Easy, clean, and relatively cheap.

Also, I just started using the OSEA line. It's a little pricey but they have very nice clean products. I highly recommend them, if the price is right for you.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Have you ever tried CeraVe? The PM moisturizer has ceramides, niacinamide, and hyluronic acid in it (nice ingredients). The AM one has the same ing plus a SS. Just started using this brand (have their SSs and body moisturizer, too) and I'm really liking it. I'll use the PM one for daytime since I use a different SS and would rather have my SS separate.

Otherwise, SB recommends using an oil like Emu Oil, which can help push the serums in better. Serums that they offer have no lipids in them, so they do need an oil or such for drier skin. You might want to try that Tri-Reduction sample you have to see if you like that. It's a bit stronger, but is a cream, so it might work real well for your dry skin. I'd recommend waiting a week or so to let your skin get use the the CP Serum first, though. The Tri Red might bring on those uglies for you!

5% products discount

Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
okay, this is interesting. I got results from single needling and Copper Peptides.

I finally got the nerve to needle my acne scars and ONE line of my crow's feet. I thought I could practice on this one, as it was a static wrinkle that was a result of sun damage which didn't crinkle when I smiled.

The line is GONE and two of the acne scars have blended in and the pitted one is much shallower.

I know I could post on the dermaroller thread (I read it ALL Rolling Eyes ) but I thought here would be good as the scars showed up during a case of the uglies from CPs and I've already discussed it here.

I don't think it's microinflammation either, as it already been about 6 weeks, unless microinflammation could last that long?

So I'm going to keep doing this. I like that spot treating this way is virtually undetectable to my coworkers. It's actually a lot more discreet than I thought - the line got a bit bruised, and I looked a bit tired, but nobody noticed.
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:22 am      Reply with quote
I just wanted to post an update. I am finding my skin has normalized a bit. It is still a little dry but a little bit of face oil fixes that up. I'm in my typical face routine mode which means not being hyper-vigilant about my skin. I use the products when I wash and sometimes go a day without (my skin being so dry allows this). I've had a few little breakouts but nothing weird and it was cycle time so not unusual. I'm happy. I think my skin looks better overall. I will continue using the products and move forward, I'm hopeful I'll see some lessening of my darkened skin.
havana8

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
zorilla wrote:
okay, this is interesting. I got results from single needling and Copper Peptides.

I finally got the nerve to needle my acne scars and ONE line of my crow's feet. I thought I could practice on this one, as it was a static wrinkle that was a result of sun damage which didn't crinkle when I smiled.

The line is GONE and two of the acne scars have blended in and the pitted one is much shallower.

I know I could post on the dermaroller thread (I read it ALL Rolling Eyes ) but I thought here would be good as the scars showed up during a case of the uglies from CPs and I've already discussed it here.

I don't think it's microinflammation either, as it already been about 6 weeks, unless microinflammation could last that long?

So I'm going to keep doing this. I like that spot treating this way is virtually undetectable to my coworkers. It's actually a lot more discreet than I thought - the line got a bit bruised, and I looked a bit tired, but nobody noticed.

That's interesting, zorilla. How many times did you needle the line of your crow's feet and have you been applying CPs every day?
zorilla
5% products discount

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Havana, I had some tattoo needles I purchased from Owndoc a few years ago with the intention of needling that line and the small parentheses around my mouth. They just sat there for several years as I didn't have the nerve to do it until recently.

I've done a few .05 rolls recently and then decided to go for it with the single needles. I needled it a few times with the .05 roller, applying GHK afterwards, and then only once with the single needle, but I did a pretty thorough job, all up the line and at the sides. I applied Supercop twice after needling, but then went to GHK cream, which I feel much safer with, as I has some problems with uglies previously with Supercop.

It did cause bleeding and bruising, but it was a small area, so it just looked like I was tired when I went to work a few days later.

So yeah, it's basically gone. The area around it is very slightly crosshatched from sun damage, and it's blended into it. The shallow acne scars are not visible any more. I could see shadows before and it really bothered me, but there are no shadows now.

So, I'm obviously going to keep doing this.
zorilla
5% products discount

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
oh yes, GHK cream every night, skipping some nights to use Retin A.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |