Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Luckylouie – sorry to hear about your results w/ CPs. 2 months is not a really long time to use them (they are very slow performers for most people), and I wonder if anything else is contributing to your results.
Do you have very sensitive skin? If so, you probably are using too much CPs and can see some uglies from that. The Skin Signals serum is pretty strong and using that w/ the Day Cover *might:* be too much. OR - could it be something like menopause hitting? That can cause some dramatic changes in our skin. Or maybe your skin is sensitive to the Salicylic acid in the LacSal. You *could* try the new Lactic Power 10 instead – that was developed for those who have sensitivities to Salicylic acid.
Quote:
I first noticed some slackness around the jowels, and then three days ago I noticed what looked almost like indentations, as opposed to wrinkles, on my cheeks, and my pores looking larger.

This does sound like uglies – I had experienced something like this too. Just ease up on the CPs for a while, then reintroduce them s-l-o-w-l-y. The ‘indentations’ can be from looseness and that can be from the skin not being use to the strength of the CPs. are large pores something you’ve commented on having before using CPs?

Day Cover and Copper Sun are not very strong sunscreens. With you living in Australia – you might need something stronger than these. They’re meant mainly as remodeling agents w/ a little sun protection built into them. They do work for a lot of people as sunscreens, though. I like to use them UNDER a stronger SS for more protection. My MMU is my main SS for my face.
Quote:
I think the main problem with copper peptides is they can remove the damaged collagen faster than the body can make new collagen if used too aggressively.

This is very true. Dr. Pickart always says that the body can only remodel skin at a certain speed (ie: slow)

I hope you continue to give the CPs a chance. Just go slower and see how it goes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:11 am      Reply with quote
sue09 wrote:
http://s934.photobucket.com/albums/ad190/Sue09_01/Skincare/?action=view&current=100_1457-1.jpg

Foxe, I hope this link works. You can see the deep n/l lines and lots of fine lines and sagging. I would be grateful of anyones suggestions.

Thanks

Hi sue - sorry I haven't responded to this sooner - been pretty busy lately. Your skin looks pretty good to me actually. Some N/Ls and a little sag, but not many fine lines. Exercises are suppose to help w/ those dreaded N/Ls (I haven't ventured to those, yet). CPs did lift my N/Ls a bit when I first started using them, but it was not a big lift. It was more of a firming and that helped w/ smoothing out the N/Ls some. They're also pretty good at changing the texture of the skin - making it a bit smoother. And that can help w/ fine lines.

I see that you recieved your order. How is it going?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:13 am      Reply with quote
zhoushuhappy wrote:
P&R for Breasts, Nipples, and Décolletage; Strong, good on sensitive skin; also works well on the neck area; a cream。。。ANY ONE WHO USED IT? IS IT USEFUL FOR UP AND FIRMNING BREASTS?

There are several people that have reported good results w/ firming of the breasts w/ the BND Cream. It might depend on how much firming you need, but it's a really nice skin remodeling agent anyway and can help w/ the sun damage so many of us get on the chest.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Bermie wrote:
I've also decided to drop back my copper peptides to a couple of times a week. I have had no major 'uglies'. I just don't know? My skin looks abit dull. I look abit dark around the eyes especially, which was never really a problem for me!

I can't say they have really done much. I have been using them about 5 weeks, I know this isn't really long enough but I am abit wary to continue as I don't want my skin to get any worse!!

I had 3 IPL treatments just before I started the CP's and was extremely happy with the results. I'm just not sure about bringing damage to the surface!! I just paid lots to have that removed!

anyway at the moment I am lessening CP's to see what happens.

Which CP are you using and what other products do you use (cleansers, exfoliants, moisturizers).
How often were you using the CP?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Foxe, I suppose the main thing for me is that dreaded n/l! My face is just not symetrical as one is so much deeper than the other.
I have started with my GHK and P&R and so far so good. I do find the emu oil a bit oily, but maybe using a bit too much so will try cutting back.
Where is the best place to add exfol cream into my routine, please. I use retin a at night after a cleanse and then cleanse and cp's in morning.

Thanks for all the help you have given me. I appreciate it.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
sue09 wrote:
Hi Foxe, I suppose the main thing for me is that dreaded n/l! My face is just not symetrical as one is so much deeper than the other.
I have started with my GHK and P&R and so far so good. I do find the emu oil a bit oily, but maybe using a bit too much so will try cutting back.
Where is the best place to add exfol cream into my routine, please. I use retin a at night after a cleanse and then cleanse and cp's in morning.

Thanks for all the help you have given me. I appreciate it.

I have oily skin and find I only need about 1 drop of emu (if I use it). I'd use it at night when I did use it. But, if I did it like that it would've been after using Retin A first, waiting about 45 minutes and then applying the CPs/emu.

If you want to use both the Retin A and exfol, why not try them every other night - alternating them?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Sue - Not Foxe but I'm a CP user and have experience with almost all types and methods. You can use Exfol or LacSal in the morning right after you cleanse - wait 20 minutes or so and then put on your CP's. I often do this. Or you can use CP's after your retin A (I would allow to sink in for maybe 10 minutes or so) or you can use CP's before your retin A. The retin A will "push in" your CP's. You may want to do this after your skin adjusts to using them.

Also you can alternate exfol one night; Retin A the next.

I think your skin looks very pretty. CP's can tighten the NL area with diligent use.

My first thought as I looked at your picture is that facial exercises will really help lift up this area. They have been a Godsend for my face in general. I highly recommend.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Foxe and Sister Sweets. You have both given me some good advice and I think I am now working things out. I have been using retin a every night for about 10 weeks now, amd would like to keep that up as I have noticed a definate difference in my skin tone and have had some compliments from unexpected sources.

I have been reading up on facial exercises and do them occasionally, but am not good at disciplining myself to do them every day. I must give myself a good talking to. Time is sometimes so short though.

I will keep you up to date on progress.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I received the first CP product. I was torn whether to start with the Super GHK or the Night Eyes Premier. I decided to start with the Night Eyes Premier based on this link ...
http://www.skinbiology.ca/main.php?p=537 It said that the Night Eyes Premier was "very mild"; whereas the Super GHK or regular Night Eyes was "mild".

I'm only using it on my eyelid - due to my bleph surgery scars. I'm using it once a day at night ... and only a small amount.

I must admit I am a little nervous about the CPs, but like what they have said about their success in dealing with scars. I certainly couldn't use the mederma, so would like to try this.

CPs seem to be a love them or hate them ... or be terrified of them ... type of product. I'm taking a leap of faith here ... and a very cautious introduction into them to see how they go. My plan is to switch up to the Super GHK once I'm finished with the Premier Night Eyes. Considering how small an amount I'm using of the Premier Eyes, that may take forever !!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
So far, so good !! My skin does feel a little tight a little while after using the Night Eyes Premier, but the skin looks fine. I don't have any of the itchiness or inflammation that I got with the Mederma.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Time2BMe - don't be scared off by what I'm about to say, but I started out with the Super GHK cream on my lids. I actually think THAT's gentler than the Night Eyes Premier (the GHK is a gentler product being a 1st generation CP versus the 2nd gens that the Night Eyes are).

But, if you're doing OK so far w/ the 2nd gen Night Eyes, continue with that.

You shouldn't get any inflammation w/ the CPs - they're anti-inflammatory in nature.

BTW - I got a chuckle out of this
Quote:
CPs seem to be a love them or hate them ... or be terrified of them ... type of product.
The hate 'em/terrified part gets reiterated in posts all over on EDS (by the same few ppl). You never see as many of the love 'em posts - those 'lovers' tend to stay quiet.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
You can use CP's before your retin A. The retin A will "push in" your CP's.

I didn't realize this... I've been using CP serum for 4 months now and Retin A for 2 months. It took me about 3 months to realize that my skin doesn't like emu oil (yes, I guess I'm a slow learner, but I thought I was just adjusting to the CP's), but once I stopped using it, my skin has cleared up well. Over the past month my skin has improved noticeably and I seem to have adjusted well to both of these products. I'm currently alternating them at night, but maybe I'll give the above a try and see how it goes. I don't want to push it and have a negative reaction, but I want to get the greatest benefit out of the products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Time2BMe - don't be scared off by what I'm about to say, but I started out with the Super GHK cream on my lids. I actually think THAT's gentler than the Night Eyes Premier (the GHK is a gentler product being a 1st generation CP versus the 2nd gens that the Night Eyes are).

But, if you're doing OK so far w/ the 2nd gen Night Eyes, continue with that.

You shouldn't get any inflammation w/ the CPs - they're anti-inflammatory in nature.

BTW - I got a chuckle out of this
Quote:
CPs seem to be a love them or hate them ... or be terrified of them ... type of product.
The hate 'em/terrified part gets reiterated in posts all over on EDS (by the same few ppl). You never see as many of the love 'em posts - those 'lovers' tend to stay quiet.

Hi Foxe !!!

Perfect timing for your reply !! I just got the Super GHK cream in the mail today. I'll try that one tonight. I was going to ask you about the Night Eyes anyway. While I seem to be doing fine with it, my skin does feel quite tight about 1/2 and hour after using it. Would this be the CPs working? I'll try the Super GHK cream tonight and see if there is any difference.

I was noticing a pattern with the CP posts, so I decided to give it a shot, but be respectful of starting it slowly. It isn't in my nature to do that !!! Anyone who has looked at the KH thread will see that first hand. I'm terrible when I like something, I buy the line. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
This brand seems strange for me, but i have seen good news from others in EDS. So i want a enruiry for the breast product: P&R for Breasts, Nipples, and Décolletage, is it really work on the firming and up?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme - Go for the CP's and KH. Love them both and view them differently. I've blended the lines previously and just started doing it again. VK2 is my dream glow product. CP's are the baseline antiaging, firming compound. VK2 is a boost and so lovely in effect - more immediate than what you will see from CP's.
CP's are the workhorse and KH fills in all the other areas I need to keep myself happy Smile.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sister Sweets & Foxe.

Foxe, I switched to using the Super GHK Cream on my eyes after your suggestion. It does feel more gentle than the Night Eyes Premier. After I finish with the Super GHK Cream, I'll 'graduate' to the Night Eyes Premier. My eyes don't feel as tight with the Super GHK, but my skin feels really soothed. I've also noticed a significant difference in the redness on my eye lids. I thought it was just hopeful thinking at first, but it isn't. My eyelids are definitely improving since I started using the CP's

Sis, I'm so glad you said that you have successfully combined CPs with KH. I really love the KH line and have noticed a difference with CP, so I think it will be a great combination.

Which CP products do you use?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Time 2BME - I use Skin Signals or Super CP on my face everyday. Night eyes at night. I also use Daycover. On some days I will use P&R classic - good basic stuff. I usually use TTT - when I remember. It's getting less and less that I do. I also dermaroll or use some "etching" technique then apply supercop or supercop 2X as spot treating such as NL lines. But really the facial exercises are helping these immensely. I'm amazed by that.
I use tri=red on my hands and chest and started using it on my body after doing an acid peel. I also have bdy lotion and foot lotion.

KH I use on mornings and may on an evening also before I need to look especially good. That product line is amazing. I see they have a new one out. I'm not a big fan of Hyaluronic acid but I may have to try it out with the VK - supposed to be killer.
Do you use KH eyecrea? It's the bomb and I've tried lots of high end choices and nothing compares.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:27 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
zhoushuhappy wrote:
P&R for Breasts, Nipples, and Décolletage; Strong, good on sensitive skin; also works well on the neck area; a cream。。。ANY ONE WHO USED IT? IS IT USEFUL FOR UP AND FIRMNING BREASTS?

There are several people that have reported good results w/ firming of the breasts w/ the BND Cream. It might depend on how much firming you need, but it's a really nice skin remodeling agent anyway and can help w/ the sun damage so many of us get on the chest.

Thanks very much! It is in my wishlist, and i will buy it hope it will work on me, i want it firm, because my breast is D-E cup and after nurse baby, they are down.
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:13 am      Reply with quote
I have been doing what Sister Sweets recommended and using my CP BEFORE my Retin A (I started off every 3rd day with the CP's out of fear Laughing ) Now I use it every other night and when I dermaroll. My skin looks fabulous. I'm 60 I have a picture on the http://www.facebook.com/SkinCenterMedicalSpa My name is Roseanna. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:46 am      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
I have been doing what Sister Sweets recommended and using my CP BEFORE my Retin A (I started off every 3rd day with the CP's out of fear Laughing ) Now I use it every other night and when I dermaroll. My skin looks fabulous. I'm 60 I have a picture on the http://www.facebook.com/SkinCenterMedicalSpa My name is Roseanna. Smile

Your skin is gorgeous Very Happy. Are you only using the RA and CP's?
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:58 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Time 2BME - I use Skin Signals or Super CP on my face everyday. Night eyes at night. I also use Daycover. On some days I will use P&R classic - good basic stuff. I usually use TTT - when I remember. It's getting less and less that I do. I also dermaroll or use some "etching" technique then apply supercop or supercop 2X as spot treating such as NL lines. But really the facial exercises are helping these immensely. I'm amazed by that.
I use tri=red on my hands and chest and started using it on my body after doing an acid peel. I also have bdy lotion and foot lotion.

KH I use on mornings and may on an evening also before I need to look especially good. That product line is amazing. I see they have a new one out. I'm not a big fan of Hyaluronic acid but I may have to try it out with the VK - supposed to be killer.
Do you use KH eyecrea? It's the bomb and I've tried lots of high end choices and nothing compares.

Hi Sis !
Thanks for your recommendations. I'm going to work them in slowly, but I'd like to incorporate more CPs into the regime. I had looked at the Skin Signals .. I think that will be my next purchase !! I have the TTT and really like it; I prefer it to the PSF DMAE.

I do use the KH eye cream. It is, by far, the best eye cream I've ever tried. I can't get over how well it soaks into my skin. It is the first eye cream that has ever done that and the only one I can use during the day.

Does anyone know how CPs work with skin that flushes easily. I was told that I may have a mild case of Rosacea, but I'm not sure that I do. I've started using the Revaleskin Intense Serum and will see if it improves the flushing. It doesn't happen all the time - only around hormone times (mid month and before my period starts). Do you guys know whether CPs have helped with that. I don't have the rough skin or breakouts commonly associated with rosacea. My skin is fair and I've always flushed/blushed easily. the older I get the worse it is getting, but I am pretty convinced it is hormone related, rather than rosacea.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Riley girl I hate to say it cause it's a whole new thread (and controversol) Retin A, ESTERIOL Rolling Eyes Wink cream, and cp, folowed by moisturizer. But that CP and Dermaroll with my Retin A is the bomb!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
Riley girl I hate to say it cause it's a whole new thread (and controversol) Retin A, ESTERIOL Rolling Eyes Wink cream, and cp, folowed by moisturizer. But that CP and Dermaroll with my Retin A is the bomb!!

LOL. OK. I remembered the Estriol after I asked. Do you apply the CP/RA before or after your dermaroll?
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Cp 1st RA, dermaroll, spread wet hands over face when dry esteriol and moisturize.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
CPs are definitely helping my eyes !! My DH noticed that the discoloration on my eyelids has improved dramatically. The inflamation around the incision has also improved.

Even though my eyes are sensitive, the Super GHK doesn't irritate them at all.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |