Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
stimpy wrote:
Wow foxe! Thank you so much for your advice.

Is single needling like the dermaroller? I have a dermaroller and I want to use it, but I'm waitng for my skin to clear up. It was doing fine until a couple of months ago.

How often did you needle? So you put SC2X on top after? After I needle and put on the CP should I apply emu oil as well?

Thank you!

Single needling is like the dermarolling, but can be more specific to acne scars and treat them more intensively. You can use the needle to target the bottom AND sides of a scar. This works to loosen up all areas to release the scar tissue and allow the CPs to get to all areas to work their magic. You have to needle each individual scar aggressively that is a deep one. Shallower ones (or rolling types) can be targeted with the roller. It's the deep ones the roller can't reach that need a single needle.

It's funny you mention needing to clear up to do another roll. I had that same problem last year when I tried a different skin care line.

My skin was in a constant state of irritation (breakouts, clogged pores, blackheads) that I could never even think about a roll during all of '09. I tried a couple times when I was fairly clear, but would see more breakouts from one or 2 errant blemishes.

It took forever, but I was finally able to roll again this year (got off that skincare line just past midway of last year and it took a looong time to clear up). I need to target some damaged spots (2 areas under my mouth) with the CPs and roller and it looks like I'm clear enough to do one now. I did do a roll a couple of months ago, but that was the first serious roll in ages.

If I'm single needling something like an acne scar, I will treat that like a 1.5mm roll and not do it more often than every 4-6 weeks. I use Super CP Serum before and spot treat w/ SC2X after. I don't use the emu oil unless the area looks really dry and won't put that on until the next day. I have found some serious peeling happen after a couple of these attempts, but it hasn't happened every time. Applying SC2X caused some pretty intense itching and tingling when applied after needling. You can really feel that one going in and doing its work! And this is after my skin had gotten use to it and never itched or tingled anymore. (Which would happen in the beginning from using SC2X - that's some strong stuff)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
stimpy - another thing to think about w/ single needles vs. rolling is that you can target some acne scars using the single needle while having breakouts. If you stay away from the blemishes, you can work on some scars w/ the needle and CPs. You can't do that with a roller. There's no way to avoid blemishes unless you only have one or two. Rolling Eyes

Look for single needles atwww.owndoc.com

She has some good advice about needling and rolling as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
stimpy - I just checked owndoc' sit and see she also sells a 1.5mm Dermastamp - that might be helpful for you too.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I cannot thank you enough for foxe for your advice! There is so much info out there that it's confusing.

It sounds like you got great results with CP and single needling and I can't wait to get started Smile

I just looked at the website you recommended and it's very informative. The prices aren't bad either. I can at least start with the single needle or the dermastamp and the clearer area's of my face that I have some scarring.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Wow. time2BMe That's an amazing testimony. And the tightening came from the use of SuperGHK, right? I've been using night eyes but when it's done I was planning on the SScream or maybe the Super GHK. I can tolerate most anything on my face but take it easy in the eye region.

Isn't it nice to know you will have CP's there for you when you are ready for that tightening.

Hi SuperSweets ! It is the Super GHK; here's the link:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/skinbiology-super-ghk-cop-p_10044.htm Foxe recommended that I start with that one for my eyes and work up to the Night Eyes Premier. It is REALLY gentle. It didn't irritate my eyes at all.

I'm really impressed with the CPs. I've started using it on my chest. It is the worst part of my body for wrinkles. I got sunburned once too often.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Time2Bme wrote:
At Foxe's recommendation, I was using the Super GHK cream. I had a strange issue and had to stop using it ... at least temporarily !!

I started using CPs because of bleph surgery. I wanted to use the CPs to speed up the healing and fading of my incision on my eye lid. I can tell you with absolute certainty that it tightened my eyelids. I could feel it working within an hour of using. It was also gentle on my sensitive eyes; I didn't experience any irritation. So ... why have I had to stop using it then ???

Crazily enough, it may have been working too well right now. My surgeon removed a lot of skin of my eye lids. It 'looks' like it may be okay now, but up until the last 3 days, my eye lid hasn't been closing as tightly as it should. I had the surgery 2 months ago, so I still have some swelling. Because the CPs were tightening the skin (as well as fading the scar and helping with the discoloration of my eyelids), I stopped using it. I need my skin on my eyelids to loosen a little bit, so my eyelid will close tightly. I can't use a product that is working to tighten my skin on my eyelid right now !!

I've been told that the skin will continue to loosen as the swelling decreases; I hope to continue with the CPS then.

Foxe & Sistersweets were a great help to me ... a big thank you to the two of you. I hope to continue with the products after my eye lids are back to whatever my new normal will be !!

This is great to hear. Hope your lids loosen up soon for you so you can try the CPs again. In fact, why not just use them a couple times per week for a while? That might be just enough so it's not TOO much for you, yet still gives you the healing aspects.

Foxe, that is a great idea. I should have thought of that myself !!! My eyelids have FINALLY loosened up enough that both my eyes are actually shutting completely !!! Hooray !!! I'll add a very thin amount once a week and see how that goes and work my way back up. It would be nice to be able to use them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:59 am      Reply with quote
sis - I went back to the Super GHK after working my way up to Night Eyes and didn't see any difference or additional improvement. since Night Eyes is cheaper than the GHK, I went back to that. Just thought I'd let ya know - might save you some $$. I do think the Skin Signals Cream is nice for the eyes (and all over), though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Ok! I took the plunge and just purchased the Skin Signals cream for my first foray into CPs!

Right now the plan is to use 2 times per week - applying emu oil first for the first month. Then work my way up to using it non-diluted.

Foxe, I am glad to hear that it is safe to use around the eyes as well.

I am excited... thanks to everyone. I'll report back! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Erg - that's great. I hope all goes well for you (I'm sure it will Wink )

Just make sure to separate the SSC from your Vit C serum by about 12 hours. You don't want them to interfer with each other. Even less than that is probably fine, like if you applied one at night and then washed your face in the morning and applied another one. I'm sure washing would remove any residue of what was put on in the evening.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
stimpy wrote:
So I guess the first question I have is will using CP aggravate cystic acne?

I did just purchase the LacSal serum, Super CP Serum, Super Cop and emu oil.

I guess I'm still fairly new to using CP's - I started using them on my face towards the end of July - but I wanted to pass along my experience with CP's and cystic acne. While the CP's didn't aggravate my cystic acne, it took me about a month to realize that the emu oil did. The CP's were evening out my skin tone and texture pretty well, but at the same time, I was still consistently getting cystic acne, mainly along my jaw line. As soon as I stopped using emu oil on top of the CP's, the acne cleared up and I haven't had a spot since. I've been using the regular CP serum and exfol, and just placed an order for super CP serum.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I have been using my cp's for a month now and am still unsure if I see anything happening on my face in general, but do have a slight tightening on my eyes!!!!
When I purchased my main order from SB, I ordered the Pemier Night eyes to use after I ran out of GHK. Unfortunately, they sent the Night eyes. I did email them but cannot get an answer. Would it be OK to go with the Night Eyes or is that too big a jump?

I have computer problems at the moment and can't get on here except when I use my friend's computer.........soooo frustrating!!
hoiyan0602

Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:29 am      Reply with quote
I have tired the Copper Peptide of Pure Skin Formulations, i think it is good, as it is not expensive and it gives amazing results, i feel my skin looks better after using it
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:39 am      Reply with quote
sue09 wrote:
Well, I have been using my cp's for a month now and am still unsure if I see anything happening on my face in general, but do have a slight tightening on my eyes!!!!
When I purchased my main order from SB, I ordered the Pemier Night eyes to use after I ran out of GHK. Unfortunately, they sent the Night eyes. I did email them but cannot get an answer. Would it be OK to go with the Night Eyes or is that too big a jump?

I have computer problems at the moment and can't get on here except when I use my friend's computer.........soooo frustrating!!

It would be OK to use the regular Night Eyes, but, in order to let your skin get use to the stronger formula, just go slower with this one. Use it only a few days a week at first or use less of the product.

If you have some GHK left over, you could even mix the two together for a while.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:56 am      Reply with quote
after all the rave about CP , I just purchased THE CP SERUM.
How do you use it?

I was thinking to use it at night time and followed with my night cream(BABOR). Do you dilute the CP or just apply it the way it is??

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Foxe. I could ask them to send a Premier Night eyes, but the shipping is very expensive for just one item. I think I have enough GHK for another two weeks.

I will wish you all a very Merry Christmas now as we are going away on Tuesday for the Christmas period. Thanks to everyone for all your help and will be back on here in the New Year.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:16 am      Reply with quote
misssalvina wrote:
after all the rave about CP , I just purchased THE CP SERUM.
How do you use it?

I was thinking to use it at night time and followed with my night cream(BABOR). Do you dilute the CP or just apply it the way it is??

Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Missalvina..

I'm on my 7th week of using the cp serum (new to me too) I am just now seeing results. I use it full strength at night after I cleanse my face with my clarsonic (which is exfoliating) I also have used a glycolic cream during the day and have done a few glycolic peels on my face to aid in the exfoliation aspect of the program.

During the first weeks..I thought my skin looked worse..in that hyperpigmentation seemed darker. I almost wanted to give up. Then this week...all of a sudden..my skin looks wonderful...and my face seems firmer. So stick with it. Just yesterday, I realized my neck is now looking firmer. However, I never ever got those "uglies" you read about. I've been tempted to use more or go stronger..but I think I'm going to just stick with what I've been doing and let the product work.
I do want to buy the body lotion and start using the copper peptides all over my body and will also buy the skin signals cream to use around my eyes.

(side note) I've been using the serum on my face, neck, chest and hands... all looking younger. Also..use a sunscreen. I'm also reading through this entire thread to get suggestions and tips...and I have also read through most of the Skin Biology website. There is so much information because of the array of products to perform different functions for different skin conditions ...it can be confusing.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:10 am      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl,
I am just starting CPs too. I use Skin Signals Cream diluted (emu oil first).

How often do you apply a week? Right now, I am doing only twice per week. I am so scared of going to fast... but I don't want to go so slow (or use so little) that I don't see results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
erg..

when I first got my cp serum I actually put it on twice a day..at night and in the morning. I did that for a few weeks because I wasn't feeling anything and thought.."hey" twice as much is twice as good." ..until I started reading about the "uglies." I was freaked out..thinking omg! I wrote Nanci at NCN where I bought the cp serum. She told me that she uses it twice a day and that the uglies are not very common...not to worry.
Still..I started to just use it just at night..every night. Then about a week and a half ago..I read a post from a long time cp user who says she uses cp's aggressively then stops for two days and sees great results.
So last week..I gave myself a 50% glycolic peel and used cp's for a few days after..then took two days off. And this week...I see the difference. So I plan to do another 50% peel Tuesday night and repeat the same process.
I also wrote Skin Biology and asked them if I should move in in product strength. They said that I could now start using my cp serum twice a day and also suggested if I wanted a new product to use skin signals cream or serum. There is a page on the SB website that shows the line-up of the products in order of strength. I found that so helpful. The skin signals cream is a bit stronger than cp serum..but the skin signals serum is stronger than super cp serum.
Also...look on the SB site in the chat forum under ??? I think "results"..and see the pictures of the 40+ woman who has been using skin signals cream...exfol and two time tightening for just a month! It has me wanting to buy that line up.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl - you might want to try CP's with a .5 dermaroller for better penetration - once a week makes a great difference. Hands too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I am planning on using the Super GHK on my eyes and face. Then I will progress to the CP serum. It took reading this whole thread to figure how I would start out. I have a few questions.

When I do start using the CP serum, how do I prevent it from migrating up into my eye area.

Is the skin signals cream the same strength as the cp serum?

I have normal skin with a few dry areas, is it ok to use the serums? I would rather do this because it would be easier to dilute them.

Thank you for any advice you can give me.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:33 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
hotdocgirl - you might want to try CP's with a .5 dermaroller for better penetration - once a week makes a great difference. Hands too.

S.S. I have a dermaroller..but I think I got the wrong size 1.5...it is too much. Where can I get the .5 for a good price..I want quality too though.

Thanks..
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

S.S. I have a dermaroller..but I think I got the wrong size 1.5...it is too much. Where can I get the .5 for a good price..I want quality too though.

Thanks..

www.owndoc.com has some rollers at a good price. Save the 1.5 for CIT rolling - every 6 wks or so.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi everyone, I am planning on using the Super GHK on my eyes and face. Then I will progress to the CP serum. It took reading this whole thread to figure how I would start out. I have a few questions.

When I do start using the CP serum, how do I prevent it from migrating up into my eye area.

Is the skin signals cream the same strength as the cp serum?

I have normal skin with a few dry areas, is it ok to use the serums? I would rather do this because it would be easier to dilute them.

Thank you for any advice you can give me.

To prevent migration, you could put some emu oil or similiar oil on where you don't want the CPs to penetrate too deeply. Putting emu on first will mitigate the CPs and make them milder. I just avoid the area myself (in the beginning) and then put the Night Eyes on that spot. That worked good enough for me.

The new Skin Signals Serum is a 'ramped-up' CP Serum. Kinda in-between CP Serum and Super CP Serum (Super CP serum actually has more CP in it than the Skin Signals Serum, it just doesn't have the elastin and collagen and they work on different things). The Skin Signals Cream, on the other hand, is milder since it uses GHK. But, it also includes a 2nd generation CP in it along w/ the elastin and collagen. It's a 'Best of Both Worlds' SRCP!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much foxe. Should I still go slow with the super GHK around my eyes even though it is mild? Also, are serums ok if you have normal skin with a few dry areas? They won't make your skin drier will they?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:25 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Thank you very much foxe. Should I still go slow with the super GHK around my eyes even though it is mild? Also, are serums ok if you have normal skin with a few dry areas? They won't make your skin drier will they?

I did not dilute the GHK when I started out using it, it is the mildest one. BUT, if you have very sensitive skin, you should consider it. You can go every other day for a week or so to start.

Serums are fine for normal/dry skin, but you'll want to top it with an oil like emu since they have NO lipids (oil) in them at all. Oils like emu are really good for that since they can push the CPs in further. Since you're just starting out, dilute the serum before adding the oil. The oil will intensify the CPs when put on top. You can also put oils on UNDER CPs to lessen their effect. This is another way to dilute them instead of using water.

I can't tell you if using the serums alone (with out an added lipid) will make them drier as I have always had extremely oily skin. I do know they've always knocked down dry, flakey areas for me, so maybe not?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |