Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:04 am      Reply with quote
RG... I get so tired of the debate..don't you? I've been using a foundation that has a 30 sunscreen in it..it is patricia wexlers from the body shop..a tinted foundation. It is not the best..I bought it on sale and won't purchase again. Not enough pigment coverage for me. But, I also have her 30 percent uv protection brightening moisturizer I use when I don't wear the foundation..and i like that product. As a rule..I like a 30 sunscreen. fyi..it was a post on the SB forum in which someone said Dr. Pickart says that the zinc interferes with the effectiveness of the cp's. I need to research through that site and figure it out. I'm almost going to cave and just buy his sunscreen and see how it works..since it has cp's in it..that might be good. I also read a post on SB from a girl who said using just the sunscreen has improved her age spots on her chest amazingly..that the other cp products failed her..and her last ditch attempt was using the sunscreen and that is what has worked. So? you know. it is trial and error. I've even seen posts by Pickart that say about the same thing..that in many cases less is more ..the myrid of products they offer. I rely a lot on the SB posts to figure out what to use. One woman's before and after pics of using skin signals cream and TT is what made me try that combo. I've got to say..it really has worked for me.... I look like I've had a neck lift. I'm on my second bottle of ss cream..and just started using TT a month ago. I hope this helps.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, hotdocgirl. You are always helpful to me when trying to figure out the CP stuff! Very Happy I am using the Devita sunscreen now, which is high in zinc and I use the GHK serum. I'll have to try to research more on zinc/CP, as well. I don't seem to have any pore issues, but I would like to make sure the GHK is not being rendered useless by the Devita! May be time to try a new sunscreen!
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:35 am      Reply with quote
when I nose around over there and find the post..I'll send it to you. If I were you..I'd just write the SB team or Dr. Pickart and ask directly..they will answer.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all.

With regards to using a zinc based mineral SS on top of an AM application of CPs - Dr Pickart has said two things about that:

1) That *some* women have reported an increase in pore size when using the 2 together

2) "The problem with zinc oxide is that skin acids can cause the zinc oxide to release zinc ions. These can interfere with the actions of the copper ions."

I have used both together for quite some time and can report that I have NOT noticed an increase in pore size and also have not seen a decrease in the good effects of CPs on my skin.

I will only occasionally use a ZnO SS on top of a morning app of CPs, though, and that is in the summer and usually on a weekend.

For daily use, I use a powder Mineral Makeup with a SPF of 20 (Jane Iredale). That over my CPs (esp the Day Cover w/ TiO2 in it) gives me really good protection for everyday sun protection. For more intense sun, I will always use a ZnO on top of CPs, and then top THAT w/ the MMU. I will reapply CPs at night for more anti-oxidant applications and to tone down any sun exposure that was too much for that day. Never a burn the next morning from this treatment. And great looking skin to boot!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
I also read a post on SB from a girl who said using just the sunscreen has improved her age spots on her chest amazingly..that the other cp products failed her..and her last ditch attempt was using the sunscreen and that is what has worked. So? you know. it is trial and error.

I have seen a huge improvement on my decollette by using only the Copper Sun product (and I had no success using other CPs there). I had some pretty bad sun damage from a condition called Pokiloderma of Civatte and my skin did not like being even exposed to the sun without reacting to it by turning beat red (not sunburned, just red) and having a bumpy texture - like raised hair follicles. It also had a constant ruddiness to it - somewhat like the picture of a women's chest on this link (not me, but a similiar look to mine)
After using the Copper Sun daily for quite a while, my skin no longer reacts to the sun like it use to and the bumpy texture has disappeared. The ruddiness is much lighter as well.

Quote:
One woman's before and after pics of using skin signals cream and TT is what made me try that combo. I've got to say..it really has worked for me.... I look like I've had a neck lift. I'm on my second bottle of ss cream..and just started using TT a month ago. I hope this helps.

Wow! Great to hear. Thanks for sharing that. Using CPs on my neck really refined the texture of it making it a lot less crepy looking AND getting rid of a couple of the horizontal lines.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:46 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Hi all.
For daily use, I use a powder Mineral Makeup with a SPF of 20 (Jane Iredale). That over my CPs (esp the Day Cover w/ TiO2 in it) gives me really good protection for everyday sun protection. For more intense sun, I will always use a ZnO on top of CPs, and then top THAT w/ the MMU. I will reapply CPs at night for more anti-oxidant applications and to tone down any sun exposure that was too much for that day. Never a burn the next morning from this treatment. And great looking skin to boot!

I get a sunburn every time I use the Day Cover + MMU SPF 15 for protection. This is simply not enough for me. If I apply CPs in the morning, I use either Clarins Sunscreen SPF 45 or Karin Herzog Day Cream SPF 10 on a rainy day, both with Titanium Dioxide.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
foxe wrote:
Hi all.

I get a sunburn every time I use the Day Cover + MMU SPF 15 for protection. This is simply not enough for me. If I apply CPs in the morning, I use either Clarins Sunscreen SPF 45 or Karin Herzog Day Cream SPF 10 on a rainy day, both with Titanium Dioxide.

My approach won't work for everyone, unfortunately, so a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! Glad you found something that works for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
hotdocgirl wrote:
I also read a post on SB from a girl who said using just the sunscreen has improved her age spots on her chest amazingly..that the other cp products failed her..and her last ditch attempt was using the sunscreen and that is what has worked. So? you know. it is trial and error.

I have seen a huge improvement on my decollette by using only the Copper Sun product (and I had no success using other CPs there). I had some pretty bad sun damage from a condition called Pokiloderma of Civatte and my skin did not like being even exposed to the sun without reacting to it by turning beat red (not sunburned, just red) and having a bumpy texture - like raised hair follicles. It also had a constant ruddiness to it - somewhat like the picture of a women's chest on this link (not me, but a similiar look to mine)
After using the Copper Sun daily for quite a while, my skin no longer reacts to the sun like it use to and the bumpy texture has disappeared. The ruddiness is much lighter as well.

Quote:
One woman's before and after pics of using skin signals cream and TT is what made me try that combo. I've got to say..it really has worked for me.... I look like I've had a neck lift. I'm on my second bottle of ss cream..and just started using TT a month ago. I hope this helps.

Wow! Great to hear. Thanks for sharing that. Using CPs on my neck really refined the texture of it making it a lot less crepy looking AND getting rid of a couple of the horizontal lines.

Thanks ladies - these are two good testimonials -foxe for Copper sun on her neck and botdoc for the SS cream and TTT (All products I ) I don't know why but something about the SS cream speaks to me I love the GHK cream and SS serum so this just makes sense as a wonderful maintenance/gentle remodelling type product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Must admit I love this thread!!

I have been continuing mine use of CP's at night. I use Premier Eyes, and Trid on my chest, neck and on my face ( a very fine layer on face) I really love how my skin feels when I use this, can't quite explain it? Feels firming and sort of pumped! as if its having a workout..lol. I don't like the smell or the colour, but I will put up with that for the results.

I have been complimented on my skin 4 times now in the past 4 weeks which is great. There is definitely something going on. I am about to run out shortly and am thinking what to do. Do I stay on what I'm currently using? or move on. Thinking of trying the new Skin Signals cream or going for the SS serum?? any suggestions? I am also going to try the TT as that sounds good for me.

I use Lacsal in the morning (don't like the smell of this either...lol!)
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Bermie2-

If those are working for you..I don't know about switching out. you have to decide. But, I would for sure try the TT. And if you are in the mood to try it..I'd do the skin signals cream. Use it once a day..and stay with your tri-reduction the other end of the day since it seems to be working for you. That is my unofficial opinion! lol. What I always try to do.is order $50 worth so I can get a sample of something I want to try. I have wondered myself about the tri-reuduction cream for my arms. Let's order new stuff together and report back! We all need each other as we find our way. lol.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
Bermie2-

If those are working for you..I don't know about switching out. you have to decide. But, I would for sure try the TT. And if you are in the mood to try it..I'd do the skin signals cream. Use it once a day..and stay with your tri-reduction the other end of the day since it seems to be working for you. That is my unofficial opinion! lol. What I always try to do.is order $50 worth so I can get a sample of something I want to try. I have wondered myself about the tri-reuduction cream for my arms. Let's order new stuff together and report back! We all need each other as we find our way. lol.

Right now Bermie - I'd say if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. I agree with hotdoc's suggestion - keeping with Trired, add in SSCream and use TTT. All GREAT products - different results but working well together. Awesome.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Thank you dear ladies, for the heads-up.

Larger pores are the last thing my face needs. Between risking that and risking sobotaging the CPs, I guess I will try not to combine these two things.

I have read (here and elsewhere) that CP's render topical C useless.

By coincidence, my recent pore minimizing find was from the same place I have gotten my CPs: NCN. It's her Firming Liquid Minerals with DMAE. Very surprised (happily) at what it did to my nose and surroundings, and then further surprised to read that it contained no talc.

I have never been sure that CPs were doing anything for me, but will continue to use them, with some frequency in the evening, and leave other things for the day to be used under ZO sunscreen. (like Derma E alpha lipoic, C ester, and DMAE cream, since that too is incompatible with CPs. I hope that is a workable combination)

Does anyone know if ZO adversely affects other peptides like matrixyl? That would be a problem for me!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question for those using any and all CP's, I have mine that I ordered, but am just about to start (was out of commission for a few months and just managed basics).
Here goes, after catching up on this thread I noticed some are seeing added growth of lashes, anyone getting increased "peach fuzz" or those lovely chin or mustache hairs? Just concerned about ending up with a hairy face, which I don't have any major issues with now?
Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi DM,
No extra peach fuzz/hair growth for me. Been using since December.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Hi DM,
No extra peach fuzz/hair growth for me. Been using since December.

Thanks erg,

Good to hear, wish me luck will be starting my GHK serum in the am. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Is it strictly folligen that helps lash-growth, or have other forms of CP been known to do it as well?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
DM, I have noticed extra peach fuzz, especially above the upper lip. I am not positive that is from the CP's, as it could just be hormonal? I also have noticed, as mentioned previously, that my eyelashes have grown.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DM, I have noticed extra peach fuzz, especially above the upper lip. I am not positive that is from the CP's, as it could just be hormonal? I also have noticed, as mentioned previously, that my eyelashes have grown.

Thanks, Riley.....I guess I will be a guinea pig on this and report back. Being far past menopause, I know I am not sprouting any new hormonal fuzz! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I have a question for those using any and all CP's, I have mine that I ordered, but am just about to start (was out of commission for a few months and just managed basics).
Here goes, after catching up on this thread I noticed some are seeing added growth of lashes, anyone getting increased "peach fuzz" or those lovely chin or mustache hairs? Just concerned about ending up with a hairy face, which I don't have any major issues with now?
Thanks

DM ~ I have a little more peach fuzz on bottom sides of cheeks now but I had some there to begin with. Nothing terribly noticable. Hasn't caused any hair growth on upper lip though.

I don't think cp's will cause peach fuzz if you don't have any to begin with.
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so jealous of those having success with the neck ..fingers crossed I'll eventually see improvement.I'm sure mine seems a bit worse right now since starting 3 weeks ago.
I am about to do a big order from Skin Biology though and will definitely be grabbing the TTT to add to my SS cream and then hopefully I'll get the same results. I have finally got my face looking good and under control now- no more issues and the Lacsal wasn't the problem. I love it now! I think it was the days i was applying Vit c serum was making my skin too blotchy and yellowy in patches. All good now.
Could someone tell me how long I should be on the SS cream before I upgrade to something stronger or do I even bother? I am going to order a few months supply of stuff and just wondered if i should get one more bottle of SS cream and then something different after that like maybe the SS serum since it's stronger..
I'm mainly interested in tightening and lifting. I think the person at Skin bio I spoke to said I could move up to Trireduction cream but that seems to be less geared to tightening than the SS or do I have that wrong? I just want what will be best for my neck/jowls and eyelids
Any advice would be appreciated. I'm happy to stick to what I'm doing if it's best to wait a while and adjust Smile

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Pollyanna, just giving my opinion here, but 1 bottle of SS should last many months. You use such a small amount of the products that actually All the bottles should last many, many months!
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Pollyanna, just giving my opinion here, but 1 bottle of SS should last many months. You use such a small amount of the products that actually All the bottles should last many, many months!

yeah I do know that Smile I just wanted to stock up for the next 3-4 months while I had the money because ordering overseas the shipping costs a lot more.. Maybe I should just order one more SS then to use after the one I have now which is almost half done I think. How long exactly should a bottle of SS cream last? When I called Skin bio they told me a bottle should last 3-4 weeks. That's a bit crap if their saying that??
I think I'm also basing it on the body cream which you go through a lot faster! One bottle of that would only last me a month and I don't feel I'm putting too much on or anything.. :/

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Polly - I expect ssCream will last at least 2 months or longer. You could after a time rotate Trireduction with ssCream. One in the morning, one at night. A lot of people have had luck with trired on hands and on the chest area as well.

I know what you mean about wanting to be conscientious (cost effective) about putting an order together. For one of your samples you may want to choose the folligen cream - this seems to help with thicker eyelashes when placed at the lash line. It's definitely on my next order.

I can't say I've noticed more hair on my face and I've used CP's for a long while but I've never had a lot of body hair so that may be why.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've gone through the body lotion very quickly also and probably won't reorder it. I like it but it's an expensive option. I think I'll just use a copper serum of some sort and rub that on and use a regular lotion over it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Pollyanna wrote:
How long exactly should a bottle of SS cream last? When I called Skin bio they told me a bottle should last 3-4 weeks.

Wow. That doesn't seem right, does it? I mean, if 1 bottle of SS cream is being used in 3-4 weeks, then we are supposed to use a heck of a lot more than their recommended "thin layer" on the face!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |