Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Thin skin and wrinkles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Di
5% products discount

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I'm 56 and have skin that is a little sensitive and in the last month or two I have been developing deeper lines at the corner of my mouth, chin area. I have been using 10% lactic acid for a year now and I use it about every 10 to 14 days and only leave it on for about a minute and a half, then rinse. Could that be making my skin thin out and cause these lines? I also have been using copper peptides for 2 years now. I have mostly been using regular cp serum diluted, but in the last 6 or 8 months I have been using the new Skin Signals diluted off and on. I have had these type of lines on one side of my mouth, chin area for years but now they are on the other side too and getting deeper and deeper. I don't like this at all, I looked in the mirror this morning and the line was really deep. Is my skin getting too thin or what? Help! Shock
Dee28
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Di,

Do you use a broad spectrum sunblock every day? Especially after peels the skin is very sensitive and needs max protection.

Also you could try a tretinoin or vit c product product to stimulate collagen.

Hope this helps,

Dee
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Di wrote:
Hi,
I have mostly been using regular cp serum diluted, but in the last 6 or 8 months I have been using the new Skin Signals diluted off and on. I have had these type of lines on one side of my mouth, chin area for years but now they are on the other side too and getting deeper and deeper.

Do you think this could be the CP "uglies" people talk about?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm thinking the same thing.
rileygirl wrote:
Di wrote:
Hi,
I have mostly been using regular cp serum diluted, but in the last 6 or 8 months I have been using the new Skin Signals diluted off and on. I have had these type of lines on one side of my mouth, chin area for years but now they are on the other side too and getting deeper and deeper.

Di
5% products discount

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Dee28 wrote:
Hi Di,

Do you use a broad spectrum sunblock every day? Especially after peels the skin is very sensitive and needs max protection.

Also you could try a tretinoin or vit c product product to stimulate collagen.

Hope this helps,

Dee

Hi, Yes, I do wear a sunscreen everyday. I use a Zinc and titanium one spf 30. I could try a vitamin c product I have never used one. Do you know of a good one that isn't too expensive? I'm kind of sensitve to tretinon, it gave me red spots that have taken forever to go away. They finally went away after about 6 months of using Cp serum, emu oil and 10% lactic acid.

I might be able to try the tretinon in the area of the wrinkles, I'm not as sensitive there.

Is using a 10% lactic acid considered a peel or just an exfoliant when it's only left on for a minute and a half? I'm new to all this.

Thank you,
Di Smile
Di
5% products discount

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:43 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Di wrote:
Hi,

Hi,
I don't know it could be the uglies, but it sure took a long time to happen if it is. Maybe I should cut back for while, and use something else.

Thank you Smile
Di
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering if you have been using the CPs for two years why are you still dilluting them? Using them full strength helps to thicken skin, as long as your skin is used to them.
sofiya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
I hope we have good products to use for skin,Women loves to be beauty
Di
5% products discount

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:29 am      Reply with quote
alexes wrote:
I am wondering if you have been using the CPs for two years why are you still dilluting them? Using them full strength helps to thicken skin, as long as your skin is used to them.

Hi,
You know maybe your right. I have always diluted them, I guess I was afraid of getting the uglies. I just got Protect and Restore high retinol and started using that. I like it so far. I wont be diluting that maybe it will make a difference.

Thank you Smile
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I think the Lactic acid cause thin of skin.
naelivia
5% products discount

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:49 am      Reply with quote
Lactic acid is fine for the skin (in appropriate amounts) and is recommended by doctors. I second vitamin C - to stimulate collagen production you should take high doses daily, up to 8000mg (1000mg tablet every hour, 2000mg every 2 hours if you're feeling lazy Very Happy )
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Vit C is a good idea - but increase your doses slowly! Take it from me, you do not want to be in the bathroom all day!! Also, have you tried Vit A? Really helps my skin.
Di
5% products discount

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:16 am      Reply with quote
naelivia wrote:
Lactic acid is fine for the skin (in appropriate amounts) and is recommended by doctors. I second vitamin C - to stimulate collagen production you should take high doses daily, up to 8000mg (1000mg tablet every hour, 2000mg every 2 hours if you're feeling lazy Very Happy )

Thank you naelivia. That's a lot of Vitamin C. I take 1000mgs now. I guess I need more. I'll try that. I'm a also thinking about using Green Cream Hight Retinol Level 3 again. I cant take Retin A it gives me red spots that don't go away.

Thank you
Di
5% products discount

Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
alexes wrote:
Vit C is a good idea - but increase your doses slowly! Take it from me, you do not want to be in the bathroom all day!! Also, have you tried Vit A? Really helps my skin.

Hi Alexes. Could you tell me what kind of Vitamin A and how much you take that has helped you. I really appreciate the help from everyone.

Thank you. Very Happy
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Di
Hi! I use the gel caps Vit A taken from fish oil. It is relatively inexpensive - in Canada about nine bucks for 250 caps. That would be about seven for you if you are in the states. They really helped my skin - the lines around my eyes are all but gone and my skin is glowy! I take three a day, but I do not take a multi vitamin. Most multi vitamins seem to have the equivalent of one capsule. I got mine at the local pharmacy, the store name brand.
Di
5% products discount

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:48 am      Reply with quote
That's great! Thank you alexes. I'm glad it has helped your skin. I'll definitely give that a try.

Thank so much! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |