Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dry skin on bottom of feet
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Snowie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

My mum has been battling the excessive dry skin on the bottom of her feet. They are so dry to the point that they crack and produce open lesions that are really painful. She's tried using a course bur (not sure if that's the correct term) to dry and scrub the dry skin off her feet. In addition, she uses some kind of butter cream to moisturize her feet, and during the night, she would bag her feet after applying the moisturizer as well. Does anyone have any advice or tips on what my mum could do or use to help with this condition?

Thanks Smile
Snowie
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:44 am      Reply with quote
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G62I12/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00018TMY6&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1BXCSNT6KDXNB328D0GB

I have something like this tool that I use to get the dry skin off of my feet. You have to be very careful with it as it has blades similar to a razor but it works great to get rid of that stubborn dry skin that builds up on the bottom or your feet.

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
nanrfull

Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Snowie,

Sometimes my feet are so dry they hurt. In the summertime when I didn't wear socks I would get huge cracks on the soles of my feet. My PCP advised that I take a B-12 and Vitamin D -3 supplement. In addition to the vitamins I soak my feet in Epsom salts, I use something like an emery board for feet to remove the rough dry skin, then blot my feet until they are damp dry, moisten with Amalactin, a humectant, and follow that with 'Bag Balm', a vaseline like product that farmers use on cow's udders and mothers use for severe diaper rash and follow with socks. It eases they symptoms but I have yet to find a cure. I did notice my feet hurt less when I started being more consistent with the vitamins. I also use a generic anti fungal cream occasionally. Best of luck.
Snowie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
SkinDeep38 wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G62I12/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00018TMY6&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1BXCSNT6KDXNB328D0GB

I have something like this tool that I use to get the dry skin off of my feet. You have to be very careful with it as it has blades similar to a razor but it works great to get rid of that stubborn dry skin that builds up on the bottom or your feet.

Hi SkinDeep38,

Thank-you for this info... is this the same item as the one they use when you go for a pedicure at the spa?

Snowie Smile
Snowie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
nanrfull wrote:
Dear Snowie,

Sometimes my feet are so dry they hurt. In the summertime when I didn't wear socks I would get huge cracks on the soles of my feet. My PCP advised that I take a B-12 and Vitamin D -3 supplement. In addition to the vitamins I soak my feet in Epsom salts, I use something like an emery board for feet to remove the rough dry skin, then blot my feet until they are damp dry, moisten with Amalactin, a humectant, and follow that with 'Bag Balm', a vaseline like product that farmers use on cow's udders and mothers use for severe diaper rash and follow with socks. It eases they symptoms but I have yet to find a cure. I did notice my feet hurt less when I started being more consistent with the vitamins. I also use a generic anti fungal cream occasionally. Best of luck.

Hi nanrfull,
Wow, that's quite the regimen you have. I never even thought about taking vitamins for dry skin. It totally makes sense but what do those particular vitamins do for you? better healing? How long did it take before your feet start to get better? And how are they now?
Thanks Smile
Snowie
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:06 am      Reply with quote
I have read that soaking your feet in a solution of Apple Cider Vinegar and Water is wonderful for getting rid of dry skin - but I have never tried it myself. Perhaps if you do a Google search you can find some information on it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Snowie,

Yes, this is just like the tool they use when you go in for a pedicure... I just loved what it did so I purchased one for myself!! Just remember to soak your feet before you use it.. I would imagine it would have directions with it as well. HTH

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
Snowie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thank-you so much SkinDeep38 & Keliu for the tips. I'm sure that my mum will try at least one, if not all of these suggestions.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |