Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Obagi - what to you use on 'off'days?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I have decided to have a few days off Obagi over easter, to minimize redness when I'm going away. But what do you girls use in the meantime?
Just Clear? + eyecream, and sunscreen of course.
My face is still a bit dry even though it has improved a lot, but I need to use something. I'm afraid the Clear will still make my face red as it stings when I put it on.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi Blueeyes,
On "off" days, I would still use Vit C serum, sunscreen and make up during the day. In the evening, I used Clear. My skin has never really required a moisturizer, so I didn't use one on the off days either.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:12 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Blueeyes,
On "off" days, I would still use Vit C serum, sunscreen and make up during the day. In the evening, I used Clear. My skin has never really required a moisturizer, so I didn't use one on the off days either.

I'm SO glad you replied Smile
My skin is still really dry in the areas around the mouth and eyes. I have just used clear, eye cream and sunscreen for a couple of days and it's as bad as getting on Obagi. My eyes are running, the whole face itches, and my wrinkles are horrible.. I'm going on a trip tomorrow so I pray that it will improve. I'm tempted to try some "burn cream" that I have. what do you think about that? Is it a bad thing since you shouldn't use any moisturizer while Obagi?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I heard you can use diaper rash cream ( with zinc oxide) if it's absolutely neccessary.

As far as I understood, using moisturizer will not cancell the effects , it will just slow down the process.
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:47 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
I heard you can use diaper rash cream ( with zinc oxide) if it's absolutely neccessary.

As far as I understood, using moisturizer will not cancell the effects , it will just slow down the process.

Yes, it's sort of like a rush cream, actually the face is not so bad but the wrinkles around my eyes make me look a hundred years old, and it seems like the more I put on the worse it gets.... man, I really don't know what to do, wear shades inside aswell I suppose Cool
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Blueeyes,
I did get really red and raw at one point during the whole Obagi routine -- right around my mouth -- and I did use Aquaphor from time to time.

I know your wrinkles look worse now -- especially around the eyes, but they will get better. You can use any type of eye cream that you'd like.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
why so many people use obagi? Is it great?
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
Had almost 7 days off Obagi while being in the mountains, and now my skin looks great!
I'm have started on the routine again, since I only have a few weeks left to go, but I'm really debating whether to start using the Exfoderm again, since it makes me so red.

Any suggestions? Is it ok to use it maybe just a few times a week, or is it stupid of me since I'm so close to finishing the 18 weeks?

Still have more eye wrinkles than ever before but I hope in time they'll disappear again.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Blueeyes,
Sometimes we need time off from Obagi so we can really see what a difference it makes! I'm so glad that your skin is looking so good!

The Exfoderm will continue to help with the texture of your skin, but if you're more comfortable using it every other day, I think you'll be fine.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks kims,

I think I'll do that. My skin is already starting to peel again after a few days of tret. so I think I'll just take it slow for a week or two and then see..

Also, after a few days off Obagi(maybe 5 days) my skin wasn't dry at all, I used a sunscreen off course but the skin produced moisture enough on its own and there was no need for additional facial creams, really happy about that
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:25 am      Reply with quote
blueeyes wrote:

Also, after a few days off Obagi(maybe 5 days) my skin wasn't dry at all, I used a sunscreen off course but the skin produced moisture enough on its own and there was no need for additional facial creams, really happy about that

And, this is the entire purpose of Nu Derm. To take your skin back to a healthy state where you don't need to use a moisturizer very often. Congratulations, blueeyes, it sounds like you had Great results!! Very Happy
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Thanks rileygirl,

I still feel that I should go fully through the whole 18 weeks though.. sort of cheating now I feel since I'm skipping days more often.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
blueeyes wrote:
Thanks rileygirl,

I still feel that I should go fully through the whole 18 weeks though.. sort of cheating now I feel since I'm skipping days more often.

How close are you to the 18 weeks, blueeyes?
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
blueeyes wrote:
Thanks rileygirl,

How close are you to the 18 weeks, blueeyes?

I'm two weeks off, so I guess it's not that bad, but also my derm told me to use 2,5-3 tubes of tret. and I have used only 2
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:57 am      Reply with quote
You should be fine, blueeyes. 2 is plenty of the tret to use in 18 weeks! Finish your 2 weeks and then go on maintenance so you can enjoy your skin!!
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:15 am      Reply with quote
3 tubes? seriously? I'm at week 13 and still have about 3 applications from the first tretinoin tube.

Should I be putting more??
I just ordered 3 tubes from ADC

I also just started using CPs at night 1 hour before blender/retina
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:23 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
You should be fine, blueeyes. 2 is plenty of the tret to use in 18 weeks! Finish your 2 weeks and then go on maintenance so you can enjoy your skin!!

Thanks sweety, yes, I know I'm stressing a bit about the 3 tubes, and I'm very happy about my skin now.
Also, I wondered, what does the Vit c from Obagi do? Does it dry your skin as well? I haven't used it but since so many say they use it while on maintenance I'm considering it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:46 am      Reply with quote
blueeyes wrote:

Thanks sweety, yes, I know I'm stressing a bit about the 3 tubes, and I'm very happy about my skin now.
Also, I wondered, what does the Vit c from Obagi do? Does it dry your skin as well? I haven't used it but since so many say they use it while on maintenance I'm considering it.

The C can provide you with added sun protection, and help in collagen production (after long term use). I used it because it helped with fading my pigmentation. I tried the Obagi C but that was drying to me. I use Skinceuticals C, E, Ferulic, which I love and I swear helped in the process of fading pigmentation!

I am go glad you are happy with your skin!! Very Happy
blueeyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Well, all my sunspots are gone and my skin feels firmer, so yes I'm really happy!
Maybe I don't need to think about Vit C then..

I think I'll just continue with the tret/Clear/exf on maintenance and then see how I feel in a while.
Thanks again! Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, Blueeyes, you're just about finished! Good for you and it also sounds like you're happy with your results. Now, on to maintenance... Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Wow, Blueeyes, you're just about finished! Good for you and it also sounds like you're happy with your results. Now, on to maintenance... Smile

Thanks kims!
Yes, I'm on my last week (well, I must admit that the last two weeks I have almost been on maintenance because of a trip to Paris)
But yes I'm really happy with the results! there is not any signs of the Melasma spots I had and I hope the lines around my eyes will continue to fade while on maintenance.

The only thing I wonder about is whether it's necessary to use the Exfoderm several times a week? I really don't like the way it makes my skin so raw, and I'm unsure about what it really does for me.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations, blueeyes! It sounds like your skin looks great! I am so happy for you. (IMHO you don't need to use the Exfoderm. It is an AHA, so it helps speed the exfoliation, but it makes almost everyone red!)
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
I havee to agree with what Rileygirl said about the use of Exfoderm on maintenance. I hardly used it at all and am only using it now since I'm doing six weeks of Round 2.

Maintenance for me consisted of using Vit C, Clear, and Blender/Retin a.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl and kims

Thanks both of you!
Yes, I am very happy. The only thing, as I said, is that I still have more wrinkles than before Obagi, but I guess that just takes a bit of time.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:20 am      Reply with quote
blueeyes wrote:
Rileygirl and kims

Thanks both of you!
Yes, I am very happy. The only thing, as I said, is that I still have more wrinkles than before Obagi, but I guess that just takes a bit of time.

Blueeyes,
Where are the wrinkles that you speak of? Just curious. Thanks!

Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |