Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

New Beauty Magazine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone subscribe to New Beauty Magazine? Is it worth the price?
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I've purchased a couple of single issues which are expensive, about $10. There is only a bit of information that is useful, but I believe it's main objective is to highlight dermatologists, plastic surgeons, cosmetic dentists, etc., that are located within specific geographic regions. If you purchase the magazine in Chicago, you'll find profiles on midwest pratitioners; if you purchase it in Florida, you'll find Florida profiles. My assumption is that the practitioners pay to have their profiles published, but it looks more like editorial content than an outright ad.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
I subscribe. I love the magazine. They highlight different products for different issues every month, tell about new products/procedures, etc. It is the only magazine I subscribe to.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've picked it up for my area (Wash DC Metro).

It's about 20% info, 80% advertising.

Commands a high price for a magazine, IMO.

Now I just browse through it at the store.

BF
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I've picked it up for my area (Wash DC Metro).

Commands a high price for a magazine, IMO.

Now I just browse through it at the store.

BF

That's why I stopped buying all beauty/fashion magazines except for once in a blue moon! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I subscribe. I love the magazine. They highlight different products for different issues every month, tell about new products/procedures, etc. It is the only magazine I subscribe to.

I like it too, but haven't subscribed (yet).

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen this and thought about buying it but the $10.00 price tag is a little too much. I think I have only seen it in Shoppers Drug Mart and for $10.00 in a drugstore you can buy a lot of stuff (makeup, nail polish, etc. or two magazines)

What type of articles do they have? Is it similar to Allure? Or is more on procedures? For my area, if it was plastic surgeons, derms, etc. it most likely would be Toronto area (and I prefer NOT to drive that distance and want someone local and not so pricey.)
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

Agree, but so is almost every magazine out there!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Barefootgirl wrote:

Agree, but so is almost every magazine out there!

I agree and do like the magazine I just am too easily tempted! Smile LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I agree and do like the magazine I just am too easily tempted! Smile LOL

Oh, boy. I am the queen of easily tempted! That is why I limit myself to just one magazine for a subscription!
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have subscribed for a few years now. I really like it, but it does have quite a few ads that make you want to buy everything, lol! Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
I have subscribed for a few years now. I really like it, but it does have quite a few ads that make you want to buy everything, lol! Very Happy

That's my problem I am just too easily tempted to part with my money by the ads! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Now I just browse through it at the store. BF

This is what I plan to do. I find more substantive info on beauty products on the Internet. Also, because of the emphasis on doctor profiles, I expected the articles on their covergirls to be more honest. No such luck.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:59 am      Reply with quote
The website is always interesting to look at. It also has on-line versions of back copies you can read:

http://www.newbeauty.com/dailybeauty/Categories.aspx?cat=Face

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:44 am      Reply with quote
This is one of the mags I always flip thru in the store to see the latest in skincare. I've never bought an issue, mainly because of the focus on procedures. Allure mag is just more fun!!
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
The website is always interesting to look at. It also has on-line versions of back copies you can read:

http://www.newbeauty.com/dailybeauty/Categories.aspx?cat=Face

Thanks for the link. This gives me an idea of what could be in the magazine.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
clustersof3 wrote:
This is one of the mags I always flip thru in the store to see the latest in skincare. I've never bought an issue, mainly because of the focus on procedures. Allure mag is just more fun!!

I subscribed to Allure for years. I sent in my subscribtion request even before the first issue came out.

I still buy it once in a while, but I find the real "cutting edge" news in products is usually on a forum or someone's blog before it shows up (if ever)in Allure.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I decided to sign up for the test tube which comes with a 1 yr subscription to the magazine and is $9.95 for the first tube if you are new to test tube, thru the link below.

http://testtube.newbeauty.com/?promo=ttperk

I've gotten Allure in the past but dont find it great when it comes to info about skin care and procedures.
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Girlie - Just FYI in case you haven't been there, realself.com has a method for asking drs. about procedures.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I have been to realself.com. I have it book marked, its a good site.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
Yes, I have been to realself.com. I have it book marked, its a good site.

thanks for another great link. I bookmarked this one.

I am thinking of some minor "work" IPL, etc.
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn - If you're considering procedures, another site is makemeheal.com. Just FYI...
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Jax wrote:
Autumn - If you're considering procedures, another site is makemeheal.com. Just FYI...

Thanks Jax.

I am really thinking of laser or zapping my broken caps.

It is interesting on what can be done....
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I love the makemeheal forum, it is great for procedure questions. I used it alot when I was about to try out something new, like Fraxel.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sites like realself, makemeheal, and EDS (of course!), are what I was thinking of when I said I find better info on the Internet. I kind of expected New Beauty magazine to offer more hardcore info than it does and to be a better filter for the glut of info that's on line.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |