Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Circle Lenses
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pleiades
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:22 am      Reply with quote

I had never seen these before (that I was aware of, anyway). I don't mind *natural* colors, nor do I mind contacts which are intentionally *costumed*. These just kind of peak my creep barometer.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Woa, I have to agree, that just seems too weird for me! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:48 am      Reply with quote
ohhh these are really common in Asia and they've been around for many years now. Asians like to have that wide eye look so they wear circle lenses to make their irises look bigger. lol. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Wow! I have never heard of this before!

And I must admit, I rather like it!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:53 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
ohhh these are really common in Asia and they've been around for many years now. Asians like to have that wide eye look so they wear circle lenses to make their irises look bigger. lol. Very Happy

I remember when there were patterned ones like deep blue with a crescent moon and stars, butterflies, flowers ect. ect. I thought they were strange too, but that's just me. Smile LOL

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Why did you have to post this?!

Now I am planning on buying a pair. Sick-I know!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
ammoniasmith wrote:
Why did you have to post this?!

Now I am planning on buying a pair. Sick-I know!

LOL Whatever makes you happy! Let us know how they look! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Can you even get these in the U.S? And do they offer vision correction?
ammoniasmith
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
Apparently, with my brief investigation, you cannot buy these types of contacts here in the US. They must be ordered from an overseas company. Most have diopter vision correction but rarely offer toric correction for astigmatism.

Part of my annoyance with wanting these is that I spent a lot of money on LASIK to correct my vision and my vanity is wanting to try contacts for cosmetic reasons. HAHA!! I am so silly!
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:36 am      Reply with quote
I have pale blue eyes and wear brown contact lenses quite alot. I've tried these type of contacts on before as they have some nice looking colours, but I don't like the big iris look on me at all. It looks fake. May look okay on someone else though.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
I have pale blue eyes and wear brown contact lenses quite alot. I've tried these type of contacts on before as they have some nice looking colours, but I don't like the big iris look on me at all. It looks fake. May look okay on someone else though.

You are so reverse of a lot of people I have seen here in the States, all the brown eyed want blue or green Smile
I know of some people who have purchased colored contacts at beauty supply stores and the like but couldn't stand wearing them because your eye doctor prescribes to your eye size and shape. How do these account for that? hmm

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:17 am      Reply with quote
DM, I was wondering the same. I once bought some red lenses for Halloween and I was miserable with them! I have worn gas perm contact lenses since I was 15 years old, so I am quite used to having something in my eyes, but this was intolerable.

Oh, and count me as one who has zero desire for blue eyes -- I have olive skin/dark hair. I would love to try something really dramatic, deep purple or brown. (Something that would totally embarrass my daughter!)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
DM, I was wondering the same. I once bought some red lenses for Halloween and I was miserable with them! I have worn gas perm contact lenses since I was 15 years old, so I am quite used to having something in my eyes, but this was intolerable.

Oh, and count me as one who has zero desire for blue eyes -- I have olive skin/dark hair. I would love to try something really dramatic, deep purple or brown. (Something that would totally embarrass my daughter!)

LOL I bought some blue and green ect. for my youngest (and a few of her friends) when they were teens and they couldn't stand having them in for more than a few minutes, they all wore contacts daily for vision correction!

My eyes are so dark brown as to look almost black so of course I would love green or blue! We always seem to wish for what we don't have. Smile My days of embarrassing my kids are pretty well past (maybe) the youngest will be 21 on the 6th of this month.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Those remind me of Johnny Depp's eyes in Alice in Wonderland.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:47 am      Reply with quote
christinab77 wrote:
Those remind me of Johnny Depp's eyes in Alice in Wonderland.

LOL Or Marilyn Manson's red contact, but Johnny Depp is much hotter! Smile

5% products discount

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Very true!!! I wouldn't have a problem gazing into Johnny's eyes, no matter what color! lol!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:55 am      Reply with quote
christinab77 wrote:
Very true!!! I wouldn't have a problem gazing into Johnny's eyes, no matter what color! lol!

LOL I feel the same and so do both my daughters, I guess he appeals to all ages! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
christinab77 wrote:

LOL I feel the same and so do both my daughters, I guess he appeals to all ages! Smile

Johnny Depp...oh yeah...;-}
ammoniasmith
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Okay, thanks to this post, I bought a few big eye, circle contact lenses.

I bought them from this website and I got a few $10 lens specials: http://circlelens.net/

I bought 2 black circle ones and 1 violet contact lenses.

Anyways, I stuck with the conservative sizes of 14mm diameter and it worked out well. The colored portion of the contact lenses extends just past my iris by just a tiny bit making it appear slightly larger. I haven't gotten any of the insanely huge lenses that are 15mm or bigger which they do have. I think those are the ones that border on being "creepy".
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
oh by the way i own 3 of them all in dark brown..i m an asian..my iris is normal size,,,but since my eyes are quite big,sometimes i feel the iris looks a bit small for that...so i bought 1 then 2 and then 3 of them,,,they look amazing on me,,as soon as i wear them,,,i swear,my face starts looknig better than it is Smile so i love them,,,,waiting to go to my country pakistan and get 2 more pairs Smile
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I actually thought the bigger eyes looked more appealing... huh!

Im like Mishey, I too have pale blue eyes and prefer brown contacts.

I have blond hair and fair skin - so blue eyes are natural - but brown makes my eyes pop. Probably the same for brunettes who have blue eyes.
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:11 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:

That's true.
My Asian friends wear them all the time. But i think there might be some problems after long term wearing..
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:23 am      Reply with quote
saisai wrote:
faeriedust wrote:

That's true.
My Asian friends wear them all the time. But i think there might be some problems after long term wearing..

What kinda problems? I heard that the color of the lense is dyed or something and long term wear will leak chemicals into the eyes or something? Not sure if it's true or not. But it seems to only apply to those circles lenses and not color contacts though so I'm confused Confused
ammoniasmith
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I really doubt that these lenses are more problematic than the colored contacts sold in the U.S. I think the issue is that people may not get eye exams as they are sold without a prescription which is required in the U.S.

Some people think that these lenses are larger and block more oxygen but I have worn U.S. made contacts and they are pretty much the same size.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm - very interesting. The contacts I have are tinted very pale blue just enough so I can find them if they fall out and not enough to change anything. I tried the colored ones and they were just so fakey looking that I decided no way for me. I never tried brown though...
Does it look like your true eye color Mishey?

Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |