Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Whitewolf.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:06 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I've been only using the bar but today just some mild moisturizer on the dry patches. I rather be make-up free right now. However, I did wear makeup on Saturday because it was my birthday, so we went shopping and out to eat. I've always had problems with occasional acne flare ups though, so looks like the WB is just bringing things up that have been deep down. I'm sure it'll be fine in a few days. Smile

Oh, haven't noticed if any age spots have lightened, will look later on.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:08 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Whitewolf, are you using just the bar or are you using your normal products along with it?

I actually am seeing a lightening of my age spot on my left cheek (nothing on my right cheek so far). I had to double check this morning, but it is almost gone. Shock

WOW Something working for you Riley! Will miracles never cease? LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:23 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Shocking, I know. Laughing

I don't want to get too happy about this just yet, as the LPB worked great on me and lightened my age spots considerably in 1 week and then nothing further, so more time is needed by me to see what the bar is or isn't going to do.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:28 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Shocking, I know. Laughing

I don't want to get too happy about this just yet, as the LPB worked great on me and lightened my age spots considerably in 1 week and then nothing further, so more time is needed by me to see what the bar is or isn't going to do.

True, I am still waiting before taking the plunge, I want to see how it does after a bit more time passes for you all! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks DarkMoon. Smile Rileygirl, glad it's working. The LPB didn't do much for me so I'm glad I am trying the WB now.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:23 am      Reply with quote
wonderbar wrote:
http://wonderbarusa.com/2010/04/12/hey-wonderbar-dont-let-the-talc-hit-you-in-the-bootie-on-its-way-out/

Quote:
YIPPEE! A response many of you will be pleased with!! The manufacturer of the Wonderbar has removed the talc from our list of ingredients. The talc is gone. No more talc. A.D.I.O.S., TALC! The reason for this? Not because they were seriously concerned with the high-grade talc they were using (most of the hype over talc is, in fact, regarding powders that can be inhaled or applied to various body (booty ) parts), but because YOU did not want it in there…and they happily obliged. I can understand why you didn’t want it in there, and now we can all breathe easier. No pun intended there, but it worked out that way, didn’t it?

SO, beginning in a couple of months, the bars will be sent out talc-free. And while we are on the topic of ingredients….in a RELATED story:

Paraffin. Lots of questions on this as well. This is their response….”with regard to Paraffin, only a small percentage of the base is pre-mixed with our very high-grade paraffin (not the kerosene type), plus, our patented base neutralizes it anyway.”

SO, looks like we are nearing “almost perfect-product” status. Now if we can just get people to quit trying to eat it, we’ll be in great shape.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting the information Bethany, I am following every one's progress anxiously before I dip into my bank account on this! I appreciate every one's input very much. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Frodo wrote:
MACrisis wrote:
Can somebody please tell me a good drug store physical sunscreen?

THanks.

This will be my next purchase regarding SS.

http://www.neutrogena.com/econsumer/ntg/productdetail.browse?segment=women&catId=3&subCatId=9&productId=329&target=/products/sun/ultra-sheer-dry-touch-sunblock-spf-55-&-70.jsp

I use that for my body, Frodo and I really like it. You cannot tell you have anything on. Unfortunately it is not a physical s/s or I would use it on my face, too!

Rileygirl, I just purchased this and it says to apply liberally on face and body 20-30 minutes before sun exposure. Are you saying it's just for the body only?

Edited to correct spelling.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:

Rileygirl, I just purchased this and it says to apply liberally on face and body 20-30 minutes before sun exposure. Are you saying it's just for the body only?

No, Frodo. It is for all over, face included. I personally only use it for my body. Sorry about the confusion!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Frodo wrote:

No, Frodo. It is for all over, face included. I personally only use it for my body. Sorry about the confusion!

The confusion was mine. I just re-read your post and I obviously had a "duh" moment. I think I am going to love this stuff as right after I applied it I didn't feel like there was anything on my face. Kudos for this SS for sure.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
wonderbar wrote:
http://wonderbarusa.com/2010/04/12/hey-wonderbar-dont-let-the-talc-hit-you-in-the-bootie-on-its-way-out/

Quote:
YIPPEE! A response many of you will be pleased with!! The manufacturer of the Wonderbar has removed the talc from our list of ingredients. The talc is gone. No more talc. A.D.I.O.S., TALC! The reason for this? Not because they were seriously concerned with the high-grade talc they were using (most of the hype over talc is, in fact, regarding powders that can be inhaled or applied to various body (booty ) parts), but because YOU did not want it in there…and they happily obliged. I can understand why you didn’t want it in there, and now we can all breathe easier. No pun intended there, but it worked out that way, didn’t it?

SO, beginning in a couple of months, the bars will be sent out talc-free. And while we are on the topic of ingredients….in a RELATED story:

Paraffin. Lots of questions on this as well. This is their response….”with regard to Paraffin, only a small percentage of the base is pre-mixed with our very high-grade paraffin (not the kerosene type), plus, our patented base neutralizes it anyway.”

SO, looks like we are nearing “almost perfect-product” status. Now if we can just get people to quit trying to eat it, we’ll be in great shape.

Tiffany, that is great news on the talc, and the manufacturer appears to be very helpful which is always a plus.

Now before I starting eating this, can you please share what C17789 is?

Ingredients of the WonderBar:
Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Starch, 1-Octadecanol, Paraffin, C17789, Talcum, Heilmoor Clay, Water, Glycerin, Chlorey'nahre (CLO), Polyglucuronic Acid, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Chamonilla Matricaria (Chamomile) Extract

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I had to stop using the WB on my neck for the time being...I have client meetings Wed-Fri, and Exec. Mgt from my company will be traveling with me. If they saw my candycane neck, they might have 2nd thoughts the next time I ask that they visit a client with me! Embarassed

On a positive note, I pulled out the dreaded magnifying mirror, and the evil blackheads on my nose are diminishing. Very Happy I can't really comment on the pigmentation though, because my cheeks are redder and that masks any real improvement. The corners of my nose are still peeling, but I no longer not feel any excessive dryness after rinsing off the product.

I did add my Nia24 Intensive Recovery Complex and eye cream back in last night (but don't tell Tiffany Wink ).

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I have been using WB once a day for 5 mins. only along with my CPs/Emu/Hydroxys & Retin-A. Always keeping my Hydroxys (daily) & Retin-A (2X/wk) away from WB.

So far so good for me! There is a definite purifying going on deep in my pores.

A few more weeks will tell a little more. But so far I am happy! Very Happy
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:50 am      Reply with quote
My undereye/upper cheek area is looking pretty bad today. I'm having much worse uglies than I ever did with the CPs.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:02 am      Reply with quote
There sure is a variety of reports.
Skippie - how long are you leaving this on? And what is your skin type?

I'm following this with interest - not that I expect a one-thing-does-all product but as a possible add-in. Expensive little bugger though. Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:00 am      Reply with quote
My highlight of 2010 occurred earlier today....

I was able to express a clogged pore on my nose that has been driving me NUTS for about 6 months. Shock Gee I'm not sure how I'm going to top that! Very Happy

I will say that my pores are definitely looking much cleaner, and I did not wake up to an oil slick on my nose this morning like when I first started using the bar.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Is anyone using the bar on other areas besides face and neck? My pigmentation issues are far worse on my chest and arms. Anyone using it there? Thanks!

5% products discount

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany:
On C17789 (Paraffin) It's all minute compounds in the base something like less than 0.1 %. It's all premixed but the patent allows it's Neutralization. Individually it does not help the efficacy of the bar, but is needed to form the base. We have 0.01% there whereasother well known natural products will have at least 2% to 5% of it.Another way of putting it is the that whole chemical content on the ingredients list must be read as a whole formulation. The thing is it's individual percentages (%) are really small and insignificant and produces no efficacy, but only for hardening.

Skippie: Under and around the eyes is much more delicate, as you know, so the healing crisis can be a bit rough there, but it passes with consistency.... Same happened to me and I even did it on my eyelids, so I could put myself through it and really tell people what to expect. My neck too! Well, it took exactly 15 days to get through it all. That's without using any other products besides my moisturizer and using twice daily.
wonderbar
5% products discount

Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Kims,
Works very well on chest and arms. Also, if you have those bumps (keratosis) on the backs of your arms, it's great for that! Mine were gone in three days.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
wonderbar wrote:
Kims,
Works very well on chest and arms. Also, if you have those bumps (keratosis) on the backs of your arms, it's great for that! Mine were gone in three days.

Thanks, Wonderbar for getting back to me so quickly. I've been following this thread with interest, and think the wb may be worth a try.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
My face looks better today, pimples subsiding, last night and today my skin feels so soft. However, my complexion looks a bit ruddy and my broken capillaries look worse. Not sure why...almost like they're coming up more from the surface? Confused

Anyway, I'm really going to stick this one out. I have tried so many cleansers before and love to look in the mirror and see the blackheads going bye-bye. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Tiffany. I can actually see the patches turning brown as you said they would. I also have some on my forehead.

Sis, I'm very fair skinned and have somewhat sensitive skin. I'm not leaving the soap on longer than 5 minutes, but I am using it twice a day.

kims, I'm using it on my hands too. I noticed yesterday that my hands and up to just past my wrists are lighter in color than my arms. I'm attributing this to use of the wonderbar, because I've never noticed it before. It looks like I've been wearing gloves out in the sun and have left my arms uncovered. The opposite is actually true. I've been wearing long sleeves and have left my hands uncovered.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I started to use WB since last Thursday night. 2x/day, For the 1st 3 use, I put horse oil night & day after WB, and put sunscreen in the morning. But decided not to use horse oil since Saturday morning.

Following an EDS member’s suggestion, wet the face/neck and rub the bar on face/neck and then massage for about 30 seconds. Last, rub hands against each other. I leave it on for 10~20 min depends on what I’m doing. Surprisingly, without a moisturizer, I only feel dry/tight for the 1st 5~10 min and then feel ok. But when I look myself in the mirror my under eye areas and cheeks looked dry and showed some lines.

No improvement, no uglies….nothing. Why?? Is it because my skin is healthy? I doubt it. I have melasma, broken caps, wrinkles, ….., You name it, I have it. The only thing I don’t have is acne/blackhead. Is it because my skin is tough? Maybe, I do have rubber tough skin. Hopefully, when the uglies come, it won’t be too ugly.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the WB since April 8th, twice a day, face, neck and hands. I have been varying the time from 3 minutes to 20. Most often I don't use moisturizer but I do SS if I am going out. Today I am extremely dry and my wrinkles look awful. Staying away from a mirror. I am going to keep going, just glad I don't need to go anywhere important. I did have something happen today that blew me away. I thought I had a splinter on my hand because that's what it looked like until I squeezed it. IT WAS A BLACK HEAD!!!! Unbelievable, never had one on my hand(s) in my life that I remember.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |