Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
My under eyes and cheek bone areas are very dry and wrinkly in the morning. A little bit red on forehead and melasma areas. No itching, peeling or break out. I described my condition to Tiffany and she said definitely I'm having healing crisis. She said I can use a very basic eye cream or A&D ointment.

I don't know if it's the slightly red tone on my face or WB is working, my skin DOES look clearer and finer. Or maybe it's my 50ish eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have to keep telling myself this could be as much as a six-week process and I'm only finishing the first week. I think it could get much worse before it's over.
Sunshinetreasure
5% products discount

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered my Wonderbar yesterday. You guys are scaring me a little bit. I may need to hide out for 6 weeks while trying this product.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
My under eyes and cheek bone areas are very dry and wrinkly in the morning. No itching, peeling or break out. I described my condition to Tiffany and she said definitely I'm having healing crisis. She said I can use a very basic eye cream or A&D ointment.

I am having the exact same thing with a few more patches of sandpaper feeling skin. No redness for me though, and I really want to stay that my broken caps are looking Less red. That could be due to the dryness/lack of moisture in the area, though.

Skippie, I hope this doesn't last for 6 weeks!

Sunshinetreasure, just put a bland moisturizer on if it gets too bad. My sunscreen actually "acts" like a moisturizer for me and at least I don't feel the dryness when I have that on! Good luck on the bar, and please come and report what is happening with your skin!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Sunshinetreasure wrote:
I ordered my Wonderbar yesterday. You guys are scaring me a little bit. I may need to hide out for 6 weeks while trying this product.

It looks like I have about a month to wait and see what all the results are! I want to know if it's worth going through or not. Smile

Riley are you using a combination of sunscreens still or just a new one you decided on? You may have already posted which you decided on but I think I managed to miss it! Rolling Eyes
TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Riley are you using a combination of sunscreens still or just a new one you decided on? You may have already posted which you decided on but I think I managed to miss it! Rolling Eyes
TIA

I am using my new Fallene SPF40, but I put the Colorescience Orb powder on top.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
MACrisis wrote:
My under eyes and cheek bone areas are very dry and wrinkly in the morning. No itching, peeling or break out. I described my condition to Tiffany and she said definitely I'm having healing crisis. She said I can use a very basic eye cream or A&D ointment.

I am having the exact same thing with a few more patches of sandpaper feeling skin. No redness for me though, and I really want to stay that my broken caps are looking Less red. That could be due to the dryness/lack of moisture in the area, though.

Sunshinetreasure, just put a bland moisturizer on if it gets too bad. My sunscreen actually "acts" like a moisturizer for me and at least I don't feel the dryness when I have that on! Good luck on the bar, and please come and report what is happening with your skin!

Yesterday my face was red and today it feels like sandpaper all over. 2 hours ago I couldn't stand it another minute so I put some SkinCeuticals Epidermal Repair cream on. Gosh, yesterday was a week and I have had the sand paper skin 3 times. It's not uncomfortable just a bit annoying. I don't have a problem going 6 weeks. I am noticing my skin tone is a wee bit better. I have some brown spots along my hairline near my forehead that are getting very red and are larger than when I started. I sure hope they turn into scabs and fall off. I have a very large hole right above my right eyebrow. Started out as a blackhead probably 20 years ago that I could get out. For the past few years I couldn't get anything out. I was very curious as to how deep it was so I stuck an upholstery needle (cleaned) to see how deep it was. About 1/4 inch deep and 1/8 inch wide. It looks like it is getting smaller in width since starting WB.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

TIA

I am using my new Fallene SPF40, but I put the Colorescience Orb powder on top.

Thanks Riley, I appreciate the information, I will make a note this time so I don't forget! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
This is really fascinating to read all the different happenings during this "healing crisis". I am most curious about the redness, as well as the brown patches. I don't have either of those, but I would be very interested in hearing the "why" the skin would be red and/or brown during the crisis. Wonderbar?

Frodo, the sandpapper feel really is annoying, isn't it? It is so weird to feel my skin and have that scratchy feeling in spots!
wonderbar
5% products discount

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, the sandpaper feeling if it's invisible and if you have already been through the healing phase, is just dead skin that is ready to come off. If you are not irritated or broken out, this would be the time to take a baby washcloth and do a little extra exfoliating when you take the bar off...in the shower or bath or whatever. The dry patches are your skin healing. You are still in the healing crisis- usually they are red. You can sort of compare it to a skinned knee. Think of what happens next and there you have the healing phase of the crisis....skin gets tight and itchy, then starts to feel dry, krinkly, wrinkly, maybe even like the beginning of a rough patch. Next, it turns brown and then when it's ready, it comes off. Healed skin underneath. For this reason, you don't want to exfoliate too soon or use retinol based products or aha's....it disturbs the process.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo, that's good to hear and you gave me an idea! If the WB can close pores and a hole, I'm going to do an experiment with an old ear piercing. Hey, ya never know! I'll be happy if it closes a wee bit.

Tonight my face looks red again and I can see some brown patches that are small, also had the sandpaper feel. I actually look forward to using the WB now despite looking not so great.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'm reporting in from DisneyWorld...where I am currently sporting 4 new zits. Mad Shock Mad

I did not bring my WB with me since I was *supposed* to only be gone one night, but I am trapped here for a 2nd night now. I avoided the MMU and just wore sunscreen, zit coverup, and eye makeup, and will do the same tomorrow. But I will REALLY be glad when this healing crisis is OVER!!!

But shockingly, I am actually looking forward to going home and using the WB so that I can hurry this crisis along. Very Happy Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Wonderbar for a week now (first full day of use on April 8 ). I'm using it twice a day with moisturizer and sunscreen only. I leave it on for about five minutes in the morning and anywhere from ten minutes to an hour in the evening. During the first three days, my skin felt dry (until I put on moisturizer), a little itchy (for a few hours), and very tight (for about five or six hours) after use. When the soap dries, it feels like a tight mask on my face and it's that same tight mask feeling that lasts once I rinse off the product. After about three days, the itchiness, dryness, and tightness was reduced about 50 percent. I tried once to go without moisturizer in the evening to let my skin self-adjust but after about 40 minutes the dryness and tightness was still so uncomfortable that I had to use a cream. I don't put the soap under my eyes or on my eyelids but I guess it contacts my eyes when I wash it off because during the last couple of days I've been experiencing a lot of dry eye.

Two small blemishes popped up the day before I started using the Wonderbar. Using the Wonderbar didn't make them worse and didn't seem to make them heal any faster. They went away in about four days. Two days after I started using the Wonderbar one large, painful pimple appeared as well as a few hard, tiny under-the-skin bumps. This large pimple has hung around for the past five days and shows no signs of diminishing, although now it's no longer painful. I haven't had any other breakouts, though.

I tried using my Clarisonic with the product. Normally I use the Clarisonic about five days a week. The first time I tried to use it with the bar my face felt really raw so I decided to skip a day with the Clarisonic. The next time I used it my face felt okay, but I still think I'll use the Clarisonic only twice a week for now.

My skin does feel softer (I noticed the slight film some of you had mentioned when rinsing off the soap) and seems a bit smoother. My pores also feel cleaner and clearer--my skin feels like it can really breathe, like it's been vacuum sucked. However, I haven't yet noticed any change in the few blackheads and whiteheads that I have. And I haven't noticed a change in skin tone. I decided not to use the Lemon Peel Bioferment on a couple of specific dark spots after all so if there's an improvement I'll know what to attribute it to.

So, that's where things stand for me going into the second week. I'm just thankful to not have experienced any really bad breakouts so far.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:29 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
MACrisis wrote:

I hope not either, Riley, but I was reading on that other forum how some people were still experiencing it after four weeks. It's sort of strange to me that I can never predict what's going to happen from day to day. There's always something different going on. I'm beginning to peel at the corners of my mouth today but the rest of my face looks pretty good.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
I worried about the healing crisis but at the same time I want more to happen!!! Is this just me??

To make it happen more/faster, last night I left WB on for 1 hour (I was planning to leave it on over night but too chicken to do it.) and put Jason Natural, Aloe Vera, Pure Beauty Oil all over my face. I had the sand paper feeling around my cheeks when I massage in the oil but I don’t think it’s from WB. It did not feel like the top layer of my skin wants to come off. It felt like you have a very minor scratch and tiny, tiny scabs are forming. This morning my face did not look as dry as before but more pinkish. I left WB on for 45 min, and when I massage in the oil, I had little white things came off my forehead. Around noon time same thing happened to my cheeks (I was rubbing my face to check.). And I found few bumps on my forehead plus one in between my nose and upper lip, looks like a milia. And my face looked drier and more pinkish. Day 8.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I'm reporting in from DisneyWorld...where I am currently sporting 4 new zits. Mad Shock Mad

I did not bring my WB with me since I was *supposed* to only be gone one night, but I am trapped here for a 2nd night now. I avoided the MMU and just wore sunscreen, zit coverup, and eye makeup, and will do the same tomorrow. But I will REALLY be glad when this healing crisis is OVER!!!

But shockingly, I am actually looking forward to going home and using the WB so that I can hurry this crisis along. Very Happy Very Happy

I came home tonight, and lathered up with the WB (after first washing to get off all the sunscreen). My face does feel cleaner after using it, and the dryness afterwards has definitely declined.

I have to agree with Renata, who mentioned that the WB really doesn't seem to make blemishes go away any faster (darn it). The first one that popped up for me is STILL there a week+ later. Confused

FYI...I am only using my Nia24 moisturizer, and a combo of Melashade and Nia24 sunscreen. I have not yet added in my regular actives (A and C), nor the Lemon Peel Bioferment.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany,
The Wonderbar will take you through the healing phase and if you are using compatible products, you'll move through it- you can still get dry and breakout, but it will pass. If you are using products that don't go well, you can get stuck with breakouts that don't stop. SO, you have to stay totally plain for the first six weeks, IF you want the results you have read about. Not only does the Wonderbar help with acne, but it shortens the lifespan of acne if you do happen to get it...but if you are using the Nia24 moistuizer and sunscreen, you are likely to continue breaking out. It has retinol and Hyaluronic Acid. I know you want to experiment and all of that, but after watching this happen to a lot of people, we do warn that this combination does not work well. Please correct me if I'm wrong about the Nia24- I only looked it up online to see the ingredients and you could very well be using something different than what I saw. The Melashade sounds great.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Wonderbar, I know I read on your blog somewhere but I cannot find it now. What moisturizers do the manufacturer recommend with the bar (I am pretty sure 1 was Moisture Surge by Clinique)?
wonderbar
5% products discount

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
there are several plain moisturizers out there, but here are a few that people have had success with:
cetaphil in a tub
clinique moisture surge- lotion or gel
clinique dramatically different
CeraVe
Kiehl's Ultra Facial
Complex 15
Different oils- Argan Oil, Avocado oil and Olio Lusso (which is SO expensive, but hear it's great)
Personally, the avocado oil broke me out, as did any aveeno products.
Sunshinetreasure
5% products discount

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Will La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 Melt-In Sunscreen Milk work with the Wonderbar?

Ingredients

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 15%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 5%, Oxybenzone 6%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Silica, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Poly C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, PEG-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Caprylyl Methicone, Trisiloxane, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Acrylates/Dimethicone Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylparaben, Inulin Lauryl Carbamate, Chlorphenesin, Triethanolamine, Ethylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin
wonderbar
5% products discount

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
No clue! You really just have to try it. the straight up physical sunblocks are great! vanicream, blue lizard, i think skinceuticals has one that just came out.
This is a product you have to "get to know"...use it consistently, introduce products one at a time. You'll be able to tell if there is a bad reaction after you have adjusted to the bar. I've had to learn as I go and I'm still learning every day. Your questions here on this forum have been great for me! I've learned everything I know from using it myself and from talking to people daily about their experiences, what works, what does not, and just asking the manufacturer. So, if you decide to try it, please let me know, so I can add it to the list of products that have worked well for people.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
wonderbar wrote:
Bethany,
The Wonderbar will take you through the healing phase and if you are using compatible products, you'll move through it- you can still get dry and breakout, but it will pass. If you are using products that don't go well, you can get stuck with breakouts that don't stop. SO, you have to stay totally plain for the first six weeks, IF you want the results you have read about. Not only does the Wonderbar help with acne, but it shortens the lifespan of acne if you do happen to get it...but if you are using the Nia24 moistuizer and sunscreen, you are likely to continue breaking out. It has retinol and Hyaluronic Acid. I know you want to experiment and all of that, but after watching this happen to a lot of people, we do warn that this combination does not work well. Please correct me if I'm wrong about the Nia24- I only looked it up online to see the ingredients and you could very well be using something different than what I saw. The Melashade sounds great.

Can you tell me WHY certain ingredients may not be compatible with the WB? The WB ingredients list is pretty short, and I don't understand why things are not compatible with the actives of 1) algae and 2) clay.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I got my Wonderbar in the mail today. I lathered it up and left it on for about a half hour. My face feels a little tight but otherwise it is fine. How many times did you use it before the healing phase kicked in?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Sunshinetreasure wrote:
I got my Wonderbar in the mail today. I lathered it up and left it on for about a half hour. My face feels a little tight but otherwise it is fine. How many times did you use it before the healing phase kicked in?

Mine kicked in within a couple of days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Sunshinetreasure wrote:

I guess I am in a healing crisis. I just have dry, sandpapery patches of skin - nothing else (no red spots, no brown spots, etc). I started getting dry after a few days of use.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |