Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
lynnk wrote:
I'm going on vacation, and I'm freaking out because the pimples are Cystic Zits! I'm talking like 4 huge, painful cysts, and I have never had it that bad all at once. WB did not heal them over 2 days, so I busted out Clean & Clear's Acne Spot Treatment, which seemed to help since WB was not and I needed immediate treatment. I also got my doctor to prescribe me a topical antibiotic for my acne, something I had never done before. Any Acne treatments with Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide have AHA, and I read somewhere on the WB site that AHAs shouldn't be used with WB.

Hello,
From reading your description I'm very surprised any doctor prescribed you topical antibiotics since your case does not have an indication for topical antibiotics.

Also, most prescription benzoyl peroxide does not have any AHA. I don't know about OTC.

If you are describing your case accurately, you should definitely go to a dermatologist or even a regular GP to get adequate treatment for acne. While WB can help you clean your skin and even "purify" it, it will not treat the case of your acne, which is a combination of dysfunction of oil glands + colonization + others.

You need to be probably on PB + Retin-A. I am also very surprised the doctor did not suggest you treat the cysts with cortisone injection, which is usually standard for cysts.

Also... don't pop your zits!!! PLeeaaase Smile
You will end up scarring yourself and, because of the pressure you apply, you can actually expand the infection. I do know of a nurse who actually ended up with a systemic infection due to zit popping.

Remember that acne can scar your for life. Wonderbar is not a treatment for acne, so for now, just concentrate on getting your acne better, and then you can go back and try it, or you can even use it during your treatment probably Smile

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
lynnk

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Josee, Thanks for your advice. I guess what my doctor prescribed may be wrong, on the bottle it says Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Suspension. I think she probably didn't start me on Retin-A or anything else because I don't have acne problems like this regularly. I went 4 or 5 years with clear skin. And I had only had one acne cyst ever, before starting WB. As for AHAs in Benzoyl Peroxide products, I didn't look at any prescribed treatments, just over-the-counter labels with AHA warnings on them. Perhaps I'll ask for a prescription BP treatment! I do try to avoid popping my zits as much as possible, and have never had any scarring from zit popping so far. But I did definitely pop my zits while on vacation! I couldn't help it, they were just so scary :/

My doctor said to try out the antibiotic for a couple months before even calling her for anything else, so I am going to just continue the routine of WB and the antibiotic for another month and see if anything clears up.
lynnk

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Also, why is the WB site promoting that the WB helps with acne and has teenage sons using it to combat acne? Was I mislead?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
why wouldn't lynnk's case call for a topical antibiotic, josee? that's a first step kind of call for acne. It's been prescribed in some of my kids cases quite often and can work quite well for a short while.

Cortisone, IMO, is a definite no for cysts. It can leave a huge dent.

The WB does seem to be working for my acne (even though I seem to be seeing some purging at this point). You were not misled about that, lynnk. And, using clindamyacin on those small blemishes seems to help them, so give that a try instead of a BP lynn.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
why wouldn't lynnk's case call for a topical antibiotic, josee? that's a first step kind of call for acne. It's been prescribed in some of my kids cases quite often and can work quite well for a short while.

The WB does seem to be working for my acne (even though I seem to be seeing some purging at this point). You were not misled about that, lynnk. And, using clindamyacin on those small blemishes seems to help them, so give that a try instead of a BP lynn.

Already in the 2003 guidelines, topical antibiotic monotherapy for acne is not recommended anymore because it's not really effective, it leads to antibiotic resitance and can also help develop gram negative folliculitis.

So topical antibiotic monotherapy is never recommended and if a doctor ever prescribed that I would kindly suggest that he/she go and read the AAD guidelines for treatment of acne vulgaris. In fact the guidelines clearly state that antibiotics should not be used as monotherapy either in topical or oral form.

Currently (and it's been like this for some time), the foundation of treatment is a topical retinoid. If you don't respond to that, then the next step is topical retinoid + topical antimicrobial +- BP (which is bactericidal but is not associated with P. acne resistance). You can also consider retinoid + BP.

In the case of cystic acne, giving topical antibiotics is quite useless because the antibiotic will not reach the cysts. So in cystic acne, you prescribe oral antibiotics + retinoids + BP

People get depressed scars after cortisone because the cortisone was not properly diluted/applied and thus it dissolves the subcutaneous fat. But if properly applied...it should be OK. Usually doctors, depending on the type of lesion, and their own ability, will discuss it with the patient and even sometimes refer them to people who know how to do it well.

Finally, the pathogenesis of acne is due to:
1. Sebum production by the sebaceous gland;
2. P.acnes follicular colonization
3. Alteration in the keratinization process
4. Release of inflammatory mediators into the skin.

At best, the wonderbar will be able to get rid of some sebum (but it will not alter sebum production) and maybe help with inflammation. But that still leaves us with number 3 and number 4 which need to be treated, esp. in the case of moderate acne. Thus wonderbar is obviously not an appropriate treatment by any measure of acne and I'm sure that even Tiffany would agree with me on this. At best it be used as an adjuvant, but definitely not as a therapy.

I hope this helps! No more busting zits! Smile

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

Ya,
I actually have a small "dent' on one cheek because of that.
it is pretty small now because I use smoothing stuff for skin...
But oddly enough cortisone injections do not seem to work for me and I've tried a few times over the years.

they work a little, but I am wondering if ti is because I actually had to take cortisone medications for 6? months or so? and so now my body just thinks it is not a strong enough medication?

I also ended up with a couple of tiny scars from the needle one doctor uses...but that is only obvious to me now and looks like "larger pores" in one small area of skin.
(I usually use glycolic wash, salicilic stuff, kojic masks, sulfur stuff ect....)
Not all at the same time but maybe one product that has those things every day (like a mask 1x a week and a random spot treatment).

I think for me anyways the best thing to keep me from having a lot of blemishes (just randomly get 1 or 2 thesedays),
is to use some kind of clarifying toner over those areas and some kind of spot treatment that is good for inflamation and antibacterial.

I know to get rid of those annoying painful blemishes I took chance and tried Mario Badescu "Buffering lotion".
It is a good product, for me anyways as it has sulfur,zinc,alcohol and stuff for inflamation.

But you should follow the instructions as I few weeks ago, I tried applying the product 2x a day (supposed to be used 3 or 4x a week only), and ended up w some very dry painful patches of skin....not fun.
I somewhat "hate" the product though as it is quite drying and can sometimes sting the skin a bit.
Also, it gets used up too quickly and the soluton is kind of like liquidy water with the powder suspended in it and it is easy to spill or lose a lot of product.
But,still I am on my 6 or 7th? repurchase,and there is not too many "spot treatment" items I actually rebuy.

I also just got the Badescu blemish serum as I'm looking for a daytime spot treatment thing to use sometimes.
It sounded interesting because it says on their site it contains salicilic and thyme extract,
and I hear thyme is a good antibacterial.
What I do not like about the product is their site has no % listed?

I figured it was worth trying as there was not too many ingredients in the product.
The serum seems ok, does not burn my skin like the Origins one does (not rebuying origins..burns any skin type..yuck).

But I have not seen any "amazing" results with that. Seems like a just ok product. not sure I will rebuy that one.

I just got a sample travel size of Nucelle madelic marine 10% serum and that seems to work much better for me for daytime!
I have never heard of this brand before,but the website I was ordering some items from included that in my samples Smile
There was no nucelle info w the sample,so went online to look at the site again, and the product sounded very good for me.

It is also$50 for the 120ml size serum Smile
I just have a 15ml travel size,but that should last me a while.
I think that is going to be my next spot treatment for daytime!

Guess this post is much longer than expected Embarassed
Hopefully I gave a few somewhat helpful product suggestions.
I seem to have a short attention span when it comes to daytime spot treatments Rolling Eyes
---------------------------------

I actually do not use this spot treatment "buffering lotion" very often- maybe every 2 or 3 weeks at the moment as I do not need it too much right now.
-------

Specifically designed to treat deep, cystic blemishes. Sulfur based solution allows the lotion to be quickly absorbed into the skin, treating the source of the deeply rooted pimples. Excellent acne treatment containing Allantoin to calm and soothe inflammation and promote healing. Best when used before and after Drying Mask.

How to Use: After cleansing and toning, shake bottle well and apply lotion with fingertips to erupted areas of face or directly on the individual, cystic pimples. Use every other night.

Beauty Tip: Use the Buffering Lotion under Drying Mask and after Drying Mask for the fastest, acne clearing results.

Ingredients: Deionized Water,Isopropyl Alcohol,Sodium Sulfate, Zinc Oxide,Hydrolyzed Serum Protein, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein,Pyridoxine, Niacinamide, Panthenol,Propylene Glycol, Allantoin, Biotin

---------
I have never tried this lotion with the drying mask like they suggest here also, that just sounds way too drying for me...

Also,
for the Nucelle line apparently it was created by a derm and I'm not too sure where it is sold in Canada as I bought mine on a US website.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:13 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Skippie wrote:
Tiffany once PM'ed me that the severe dryness on my neck was brought on by the chlorey'nahre. I'm using a moor mud mask once or twice a week - which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE - and it gives me temporary pimples on my neck but no dryness. The pimples pop up immediately after the mask but then disappear by the next morning. The back of my neck with major sun damage is looking so unbelievably good. I never thought I'd find anything to help with that.

Skippie, are you using this mask instead of the wonderbar now, or are you still using the bar too?

Sorry Bethany - I'm just now seeing this. I use both. I'm using the mask twice a week. When I use it, I don't use the WB.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Sadly, I had to stop using the WB (for now). I've had 2 pesky brown patches that just will not go away. They are not coming up the surface like they should. Sad I'm a bit upset and been hiding at home. So for now I am using some Jan Marini stuff, including the BioClear lotion to get rid of these awful brown patches. Once my face is clear, I'll go back to the WB. I'm just baffled why they won't come up to the surface and be gone. I did read some women say it can take 13 days or more but this has been longer than that, so I give up on the WB.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:06 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Sadly, I had to stop using the WB (for now). I've had 2 pesky brown patches that just will not go away. They are not coming up the surface like they should.

Did you have these brown patches before you started the WB, or did you develop them since using the WB?
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:09 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Sadly, I had to stop using the WB (for now). I've had 2 pesky brown patches that just will not go away. They are not coming up the surface like they should. Sad I'm a bit upset and been hiding at home. So for now I am using some Jan Marini stuff, including the BioClear lotion to get rid of these awful brown patches. Once my face is clear, I'll go back to the WB. I'm just baffled why they won't come up to the surface and be gone. I did read some women say it can take 13 days or more but this has been longer than that, so I give up on the WB.

I don't think that WB has any ingredient to "lighten up" skin, but even if it did, I don't think that realistically you can expect any brown patches to go away in 13 days with any product (unless you do a medium depth peel or laser).

Depending on where the patch is (how deep it is, if it is only on the dermis or the epidermis)it can take really long for a patch to go away. For e.g. if you have cells on the basal layers that are producing too much pigment, then those cells will continue replicating so unless you use something to stop melanin production, you won't get rid of the path.

Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:32 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:

I would suggest a mask that helped me...but do not want to seem like I only reccomend Mario Badescu products.

I do use 4 items of that line all the time (not every day but weekly).

I usually use the sulfur mask they have,and that works well for me-exept it never gets rid if dark spots left after blemishes.
The sulfur mask works for blemishes quite quickly on me,but it is a pretty "boring" product to use.

In my last order I asked for a sample of the Whitening mask-and that is made with kojic acid
But the whitening mask after a few uses got rid of the darker spots I had on one cheek and now I use much less concealer.

EDS probably has some kind of thing with kojic acid I would think?
But I am guessing the mask I bought does not peel your skin much at once, as it has never even burned my skin.

I am actually looking for something to maybe use during the day to lighten spots faster.
I just received a sample of M2 lotion from EDs, and apparently Mandelic is supposed to be good for discoloration.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:34 am      Reply with quote
My son suffers from black/white heads on his face for about 3 years. I was planning let him use Tepezcohuite soap, but he did not like it because tepezohuite soap barely foams up. Instead, he uses WB. After 3 days of use, 2x/day, he told me this morning that his face cleared up a lot and asked me why I did not tell him about this product earlier.

I guess he's happy so far!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:

I don't think that WB has any ingredient to "lighten up" skin, but even if it did, I don't think that realistically you can expect any brown patches to go away in 13 days with any product (unless you do a medium depth peel or laser).

Depending on where the patch is (how deep it is, if it is only on the dermis or the epidermis)it can take really long for a patch to go away. For e.g. if you have cells on the basal layers that are producing too much pigment, then those cells will continue replicating so unless you use something to stop melanin production, you won't get rid of the path.

Were you supposed to test the Wonderbar?
or is that someone else that was trying to get the ph of the thing?

From what I understood of the wonderbar ads I thought the product has a mild acid to "peel" your skin and even it out?

I guess it is kind of hard to know if the company is so secretive of their formula.
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

Were you supposed to test the Wonderbar?
or is that someone else that was trying to get the ph of the thing?

From what I understood of the wonderbar ads I thought the product has a mild acid to "peel" your skin and even it out?

I guess it is kind of hard to know if the company is so secretive of their formula.

Yes that'd be me Very Happy

I did start the trial with the WB but only on my ear (I would not put it on my skin).

I took the samples for the pH testing but I have yet to go to the lab Sad

WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
The brown patches were caused by a reaction between the WB and some product I was using (because they were not there prior). Don't even know what product caused what but I stopped using everything for awhile.

Josee, that makes sense what you said. I got some Lemon Peel Bioferment and other stuff around and will looking into new "lightening products".

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
The brown patches were caused by a reaction between the WB and some product I was using (because they were not there prior). Don't even know what product caused what but I stopped using everything for awhile.

I asked that question because my thought was if you had changed sunscreen per WB's recommendations and really weren't getting adequate protection.
lynnk

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
My son suffers from black/white heads on his face for about 3 years. I was planning let him use Tepezcohuite soap, but he did not like it because tepezohuite soap barely foams up. Instead, he uses WB. After 3 days of use, 2x/day, he told me this morning that his face cleared up a lot and asked me why I did not tell him about this product earlier.

I guess he's happy so far!!!

Hey MACrisis, that's good for him! I experienced the same thing the first few days too. My skin cleared up and was healing faster. But I do believe there will be a Healing Crisis like I had btn the 2nd-4th week. It was kinda horrific, I don't wish it upon anyone else! I'm on my 5th week and JUST starting to clear up, but this may also be just my hormone cycle. Please let us know what happens if or when your son gets the Healing Crisis. It would really help me gauge what kind of reactions WB causes for acne probs. Thanks.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:53 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:

Josee, that makes sense what you said. I got some Lemon Peel Bioferment and other stuff around and will looking into new "lightening products".

I thought dark patches on the skin could be from damage from a product maybe?

Just because I damaged the skin on my arm (upper arm) and for me anyways.
I had a bad reaction to some bandaids,disinfectant and whatever they used when they take blood at the hospital.
Those things seemed to leave a dark very dry patch of skin on my arm...and absolutely nothing helped.

Well,nothing until I tried the Weleda burn gel-the only product that helped stop the constant burning sensation on the skin of my arm (which was very bad and would actually wake me up at night too).

Now after a few weeks of using the burn gel,my skin is just lightly red,but 100x better.

For irritated skin,I found Weleda burn gel works amazingly.
I bought that at EDS.
If you have very irritated skin, it is amazing for that.
I doubt it would do anything for "age spots" or whatever.
But for irritated skin it is amazing!

For any blackheads, if I ever get them a clay mask-even just the clay powder mixed with water and applied to the face, the clay absorbs all the oil and makes your pores look smaller for a bit too Smile

My main problem for skin on the face,
is that I get some small blemishes sometimes,
and they go away very quickly with the products I use...

But then I am usually left with a dark spot from the inflamation,and that takes a while (usually a month or so) to go away...

I'm really curious about the wonderbar,
I think just because the company is being so secretive of the ingredients Rolling Eyes

But I'll have to add,
for blemishes I used to like the Serious Skincare continuously clear line.

The mask is great (if you can use essential oils that is),
and their tea tree oil and benzyl peroxide treatment works well (but for day use bp bothers me when in it hot out,so have not used that in ages....)

But from Serious skincare,if it was still easy to buy around here I really liked their foaming cleanser and the moisturizers they make in Continously clear line...
and Shopping Channel has a 30 day return policy.

------------------
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa, you are right. Because I forgot to mention that I also had a lot of peeling with those two spots and even some bleeding! The WB assumed my skin was damaged and just caused a mess somehow. Sad So the skin got damaged and now it's brown (just like a scar/acne spot).

I'm unsure how to treat this...
I did buy some SkinActives Restoration Cream & First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream but that hasn't helped the discoloration. Last night I ordered a sample of PCA Skin pHaze 13 Pigment Gel and I still have a sample of Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear Lotion let. (P.S. I can't even cover the spots up with makeup, sigh)

Oh, I also wanted to add that with my ears, I'm certain the holes look better from using glycolic acid months back.

Basically, I think the WB is good for some things but bad for others... and I'm in a real pickle till it all fades away.

P.S. Edited to add that on top of this, I got samples of Valmont Cyto Complex II and I'm allergic. My eyes get watery, sneezing, etc. Talk about the luck, LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Ottawa, you are right. Because I forgot to mention that I also had a lot of peeling with those two spots and even some bleeding! The WB assumed my skin was damaged and just caused a mess somehow. Sad So the skin got damaged and now it's brown (just like a scar/acne spot).

I'm unsure how to treat this...
I did buy some SkinActives Restoration Cream & First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream but that hasn't helped the discoloration. Last night I ordered a sample of PCA Skin pHaze 13 Pigment Gel and I still have a sample of Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear Lotion let. (P.S. I can't even cover the spots up with makeup, sigh)

Oh, I also wanted to add that with my ears, I'm certain the holes look better from using glycolic acid months back.

Basically, I think the WB is good for some things but bad for others... and I'm in a real pickle till it all fades away.

P.S. Edited to add that on top of this, I got samples of Valmont Cyto Complex II and I'm allergic. My eyes get watery, sneezing, etc. Talk about the luck, LOL

Yeah,
thesedays I try and get samples of anything before buying.
I've bought too much stuff that is either useless, or unsuitable in the past.

But for my "burn" like problem what halped the most was Weleda burn gel.

But I also had 2 very bad cuts on two fingers (part of the skin got torn off 2 fingers) and I was at the hospital because I fainted,fell and scraped my hand and face very bad...

Anyways,
the hospital did nothing for my fingers (and later I found out was supposed to get Tetanus shot...and of course they "forgot" to give that to me Rolling Eyes

So, 2 weeks later my fingers were sort of getting better,but nothing I put on them (like polysporin,antibacterial spray ect..)nothing seemed to help much.

Then suddenly one day I wake up an dmy finger is very red and in extrme bad pain (wich was not normal for me at all).
I went to the hospital (first they said "maybe you broke your finger).
-I knew it was not broken as it was fine the past 2 weeks and just badly skinned.

Apparently I had some sort of infection and had to go to the hospital 3x a week for three weeks to get IV antibiotics.

I am better now though Smile

but was not told to put anything onmy fingers.
But I saw that EDS sells Weleda wound care, and it sounded so good I thought I did not have much to lose (or maybe lose $15?).

Anyway,
the Weleda Wound care really helped heal my skin and an odd thing about it is that it seemed to releive the nerve pain I was getting from badly skinning my fingers,

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/weleda-wound-care-p_11572.htm

also good for itchy red skin (I tried benadrl cream..did not help much, Burn Jel, polysporin)
can not use cortisone on that part of my skin cuz I had a surgery on my arm a few months ago and can not thin the skin in that area.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/weleda-burn-care-p_11574.htm
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link. I had a problem with a bad cut finger years ago too and also got infected but not like what happened with you, ouchies! I'm glad you are better. I'm going to buy that Weleda Wound Care especially since I am always burning myself while cooking and such, very accident prone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Thanks for the link. I had a problem with a bad cut finger years ago too and also got infected but not like what happened with you, ouchies! I'm glad you are better. I'm going to buy that Weleda Wound Care especially since I am always burning myself while cooking and such, very accident prone.

Ya,
I had a very bad luck accident about a month ago Sad
Out of nowhere I fainted while outside and fell on my face Sad
Very scary actually...
I totally scapped my chin and upper lip,kinda hurt my wrist a bit too it seems,and bruised my mouth.

The doctors have no idea why and I'm still having to do a ton of tests where they have found nothing.
The only thing they could think of was that it was a very hot day out.
But I always have a water bottle with me when I leave home,and always try and bring something to eat as I tend to snack a lot and buying stuff every day gets too expensive (and unhealthy depending).

But, for burns from what I read using something cream like can make your body retain more heat,so stuff that is a gel that helps the body get rid of the heat that can apparantly damage the skin...

I was reading this on the Burn Jel website.
I think Burn Jel can be bought at first aid stores? but no idea where in Canada (it is also a good product,and the Burn Jel website is very imformative on burns).

So maybe getting the Weleda burn care too might be good.

Another thing I like about the Weleda products is that they are natural.
You are not supposed to use stuff like Benadryl cream for a long time or over a large areaof skin as it can "poison" you somehow...
I was reading some people actually died from bad reactions to those creams with the ingredients of benadryl and some "freezing" creams.

Anyways,
I wasn't planning on posting on this thead again.
But I thought I'd try and add some hopefully useful info?
I find I have had to do too much research for skin issues I have had as the doctors around here are not that useful (for me anyways).
But then again I guess it is good to be too informed over not informed at all Laughing
lynnk

Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
So it's Week 5 with the WonderBar and here's my update:

My skin has cleared up. I'm happy that since using WB I haven't had to use a moisturizer as with dryness, my face feels very balanced now. I definitely feel "cleaner". I only got one new small zit this week, and the rest of them from prior weeks healed very fast and the coloring is almost back to normal. There are no longer any red patches on my face and the irritation I was experiencing around my nose and cheeks calmed down, although the bumps are still there. The one thing I'm still worried about is the acne cyst on my forehead that turned into a brown bump when it healed over while using WB. The bump hasn't subsided but it's not painful and easy to cover with makeup. I'm just waiting for it. I got rid of all acne products with Salicylic Acid and AHAs and bought a Benzoyl Peroxide wash that seems to be working well with WonderBar, and I'm still using the antibiotic and foundation. I don't know if I can credit this progress due to Wonderbar or just my hormone cycle so we'll continue to Week 6...
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I'm thinking of emailing WB today and asking about how come the brown patches won't come up to the surface like they say. Maybe they can provide some help because I can't even put concealer on them at all (frustrating...and I have to go out today shopping).
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:42 am      Reply with quote
I just found a post on skincarerx (last page) where someone else had the problem I am having. Where their melasma got darker instead of lighter. So they stopped daily use and cut back to just once or twice a week. So I'm not alone in having my spots get darker... Sad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |