Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Riley and Bethany - what moisturiser were you using when you were trialling the bar? Maybe your trouble stems not from the bar itself, but from lack of a suitable moisturiser afterwards.

When I recently had my face lasered, I applied Emu Oil under the protective grease layer - and I think that is why my skin healed so quickly.

I'm still applying my oils on my chest skin after the Wonderbar treatment. I think Tiffany said oils were ok to use.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Under my eyes STILL does not look like it did before using the WB, and it has been close to 2 months since I stopped.

bethany - your under eye area seems really sensitive. Hasn't that reacted like that to other products too?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I am on my 2nd bar right now. It's been 6 wks since I started the first bar. (It only lasted that long). I did use it on 3 areas, so 6 wks is pretty good I think.

What size bar did you get...the $40 one?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
foxe wrote:
I am on my 2nd bar right now. It's been 6 wks since I started the first bar. (It only lasted that long). I did use it on 3 areas, so 6 wks is pretty good I think.

yup - the hotel size/$40 one. 6 wks exactly. I used it all over my face, neck and chest. Really lathered it up too. I also put extra on my upper arms and hands.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
bethany wrote:

Under my eyes STILL does not look like it did before using the WB, and it has been close to 2 months since I stopped.

bethany - your under eye area seems really sensitive. Hasn't that reacted like that to other products too?

Yep...with CPs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Riley and Bethany - what moisturiser were you using when you were trialling the bar? Maybe your trouble stems not from the bar itself, but from lack of a suitable moisturiser afterwards.

When I recently had my face lasered, I applied Emu Oil under the protective grease layer - and I think that is why my skin healed so quickly.

I'm still applying my oils on my chest skin after the Wonderbar treatment. I think Tiffany said oils were ok to use.

I used Nia24 at the beginning, and switched to the ELS oil the majority of the time. But both of those help repair the skin barrier. So beats me what the issue is!

I think Riley's situation is far more interesting...nothing typically impacts her skin!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Riley and Bethany - what moisturiser were you using when you were trialling the bar?

I used the plain Curel. I stayed with the WB's recommendation on plain moisturizer and a physical sunscreen.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
bethany wrote:
foxe wrote:

yup - the hotel size/$40 one. 6 wks exactly. I used it all over my face, neck and chest. Really lathered it up too. I also put extra on my upper arms and hands.

That's actually quite a long time for that size bar and all those areas!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I was just thinking about this again. Not sure if I brought this up earlier in the thread, but I may have. It seems to me those that are most happy with the WB are the ones who kept using the products they were already using and just added the WB in to their routine? Someone correct me if I am wrong?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I was just thinking about this again. Not sure if I brought this up earlier in the thread, but I may have. It seems to me those that are most happy with the WB are the ones who kept using the products they were already using and just added the WB in to their routine? Someone correct me if I am wrong?

Which is contrary to the instructions, correct?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Not Riley but as I recall absolutely correct Bethany. (and although I didn't try it I followed the thread very closely) hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:24 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Yes, it is contrary to instructions, but I am wondering if by continuing using the products their skin already "liked" that the bar some how enhanced their results and/or protected their skin barrier?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:28 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Not true here - I stopped using all products except for a couple of gadgets. No Retin A, CPs, BHAs and MMU. My skin looked so good for a couple of weeks that I really didn't need any makeup. And it had been raining or cloudy so much around here that I didn't need Sunscreen.

Lately, though, I've been having a bad time w/ breakouts/red marks. Something's also going on w/ my period and I'm thinking that might be the cause of it - not the bar. My cycle has lasted over 2 wks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

Not true here - I stopped using all products except for a couple of gadgets. No Retin A, CPs, BHAs and MMU.

Sorry about that, foxe. I thought I remembered you saying you were using the CP's as you were using the WB. Well, that blows that theory I guess! It will probably remain a mystery for me. Anyway, good luck to everyone else. I really hope you all get great results.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I think Star Model was the one who said she used CPs during her trial run. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I think Star Model was the one who said she used CPs during her trial run. HTH

I think you are correct on that Foxe, now that you mentioned it I recall that was her plan. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
If any of you want to order the Wonderbar they are having free shipping until the end of the month. I think you have to spend $100, but not positive on that.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
If any of you want to order the Wonderbar they are having free shipping until the end of the month. I think you have to spend $100, but not positive on that.

After your experience I would be very scared to try it after all you never react to anything and I have that same type of skin! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

It should always be "free shipping". My goodness, I can't imagine one bar costing much more that 89 cents.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

It should always be "free shipping". My goodness, I can't imagine one bar costing much more that 89 cents.

Very true Frodo, that is such a good point! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
My son suffers from black/white heads on his face for about 3 years. I was planning let him use Tepezcohuite soap, but he did not like it because tepezohuite soap barely foams up. Instead, he uses WB. After 3 days of use, 2x/day, he told me this morning that his face cleared up a lot and asked me why I did not tell him about this product earlier.

I guess he's happy so far!!!

Mr. MAC Jr. was not happy about a week after using WB. We’re traveling in Europe with friends and he had about 7 huge pimples on his face (healing crisis I guess), 3 were on top of his nose. I asked him to keep on using WB and by the end of our trip (10 days) his face was at least 50% better.
Last Friday, one of my sis-in-law asked me why don’t I buy Fainlise Anti-Bacterial Soothing Lotion for my son (Somebody recommended for my daughter about 5 years ago. I totally forgot about it but both of my niece and nephew are still using it and have very clear skin.)? I bought one for my son the same day and he uses it at night after WB. Today I had lunch with my son and could not keep my eyes off his face. His face is 80% better, so clear and clean, 1st time in 3 years.

WB & Fainlise did it!!! Yes, Fainlise Anti-Bacterial Soothing Lotion really helped.

http://www.stylefeeder.com/i/lx7zdkw2/Molasses-Anti-Bacterial-Soothing-Lotion

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
Trying out the Eumora, not the Wonderbar.
Update: Can't remember if I've used the bar five or six weeks Embarassed . anyhow it has just finished, used it on face, neck and hands (for my eczema).
Results.-
Face: Smaller pores, sun spots fading, the crinkly eye skin has gone and it looks quite okay, I like this product for the face, use it twice a day, leave on for five minutes and wash off. Right now I have another pimple on the inner corner of my right eye where it joins with the nose... weird. But generally the whole skin of my face looks clearer, smaller pores, less sun spots.
Hands: I've used it twice a day and it looked good, but this past week the eczema has flared up like mad! So not liking it for eczema, I've just started using a Tepezcohuite soap today to see if it may help plus a strong cortisone pomade to stop the eczema flaring up... It is really ridiculous the way this eczema seems to flare up and I have hands that look like I have a leprosy!
That is my update on the Eumora, not very sure if I should try out the Wonderbar,... but knowing myself I'll probably order to see if it is any different although the ingredients seem the same.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Well I went ahead and ordered the full size WB and took advantaged of the free shipping. I still have the small size left which I'll safely store away for vacation. I've been only using the WB sparingly these days because I still have two dark spots that I'm focusing on. I recently started treating the spots with Obagi Nu-Derm Clear and oh my goodness, what a miracle this product is. So they're slowly going away but at a quicker rate now. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the WB for 3 weeks now. So far all I've really noticed is really dry, slightly flaky skin. It's been especially bad around the corners of my mouth, the crease between my lower lip and chin, sides of nose, and the upper portion of my neck (I'm not using it on my whole neck, maybe only about 2 inches down from the jawline). To combat the dryness, I've been using my Clarisonic before rinsing off the WB, maybe once every day or every other day (when I remember). Also using jojoba oil liberally, sometimes Aquaphor on the really bad spots when I'm home.
The side of the mouth flakies haven't seemed as bad the last couple of days, so hopefully the dryness will start getting better soon. I really can't tell any difference in my skin just yet. Spots aren't any lighter, pores don't seem any smaller (though I didn't really have any pore issues to begin with), no real change in tone or texture that I can tell.
But I'm only halfway to 6 weeks, so I'll keep on with it until it's gone at least, and then decide if it's worth it to keep using.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:13 am      Reply with quote
Just completed Week 2 - still nothing to report. No breakouts, no irritation. I haven't noticed any fading of my freckles and sunspots either. Note: I'm only using this once a day.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |