Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mom2eloise
5% products discount

Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm surprised that some people have used up their hotel sized bar so quickly. I found that by wetting my face, neck and chest and then just swipe the bar across forehead, cheeks, chin, neck and chest there's enough product to massage around the other areas. I've been using it since 5/8 and still have half a bar left.

I'm still getting some redness, peeling at the crease under my chin and have to be careful to not use at the base of my neck or I get red and itchy, then dry and crinkly. This has happened over and over again so I don't think that area can handle it. On the other hand, my face is looking good, less breakouts than I've had in years and that's saying a lot because I get hormonal, cystic spots, especially around the chin and just under the chin. Surprisingly, I have had some milia spots near my undereye area come out. Never expected that!

Not sure about the sun spots fading yet. I scar so easily from breaking out and I did have some bad cysts so those areas will take months to fade. I must say though that even when I've picked and left crater type spots, those have filled in much quicker than in the past.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Well, it's been a month now and I just don't know. I keep trying not to make a call one way or another until it's gotten past 6 weeks. So far all I've got is dry skin and breakouts (at least the breakouts are not too bad, they don't come to a head and tend to go away pretty fast). And I've got one little blackhead come up on my cheek that seems reluctant to go away, and I very rarely get blackheads at all. I really don't see any improvement whatsoever yet. At least the dryness seems to be getting a bit better. I started using a microfiber cloth to help with the flakies.
I'm debating on whether or not to reorder. I'll be surprised if I get 6 weeks out of the bar. I was just rubbing the bar on my face, and then using my fingertips to rub it into a lather, in an attempt to make it last longer. Well, it caused the bar to break a couple of times, so I have one good sized chunk and a few slivers. I started just lathering it up in my hands and then spreading on, and I like that way better.
By the way, nothing to report on the weird bumps on the side of my hip, I got lazy and stopped applying the WB there after about a week. It didn't seem to be doing anything at all anyway, not even drying it out, though I was putting the WB on there and not washing it off until the next application.
I initially thought that it made one of my NL lines vanish, but maybe it was just dry skin filling up the wrinkle, because it's visible again and just as noticeable as before.
I'm tempted to start using my mineral makeup again, as I'm really not happy with the cream foundation I started using when I began the WB. We'll see... Rolling Eyes
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the wonderbar for about 4 weeks now...I will have to say it does firm and has improved the brown spots.I have had several breakouts, but my skin is starting to show improvement. My neck was starting to sag some and I do see quit a bit of firming in that area. I do not like the price. When I received the tiny bar, I felt cheated. It did not look that small on their website. However, since I do not use any other products besides moisturizer & sunscreen, I guess it works out.
TheBaroness
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:44 am      Reply with quote
It's been one month and seven days and I still have a decent-sized amount of WB left.

I'm unsure if it's done anything for me, though. My skin tends to breakout, go through an OK spell, and then breakout again. I do have blackheads which have gotten neither worse nor better, and do not have melasma or discolorations.

My regimen has been the WB, leave on for 3-5 min. and rinse, then follow up with 302 Acne Serum or 302 Clarity. Jennifer from 302 thinks it's OK for me to use the bar with the 302 products.

I've had some flattening of bumps on my cheeks, but I don't know if that's the 302 or not. I'm thinking it might be. On the other hand, it's the middle of the month and I have a nice jaw breakout going (not cystic, but pustular). I've been using the Clarity and Fresh's Umbrian Clay bar on that area to dry it out.

All in all, I like WB as my cleanser. It's easier to rinse than gel cleansers and seems less drying. I will probably buy another $40 bar. I just can't stomach $100 for the big one.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I had bought a bar of Moor Mud soap for $7.95 at this site: http://www.torfspa.com/products.html

You can buy the soap in three versions - light, medium or strong (exfoliating). I bought the strong version. The bar is a big 2.5 oz. I've had the bar for awhile but haven't gotten around to using it. I had to go out of town so I decided to take this bar instead of the WB to see if I liked it and I DID!!! It doesn't give me the smooth look that the WB does but I don't feel as if I have a film on my face either. I've also been using the moor mud mask from this site once or twice a week and really like it too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I had bought a bar of Moor Mud soap for $7.95 at this site: http://www.torfspa.com/products.html

You can buy the soap in three versions - light, medium or strong (exfoliating). I bought the strong version. The bar is a big 2.5 oz. I've had the bar for awhile but haven't gotten around to using it. I had to go out of town so I decided to take this bar instead of the WB to see if I liked it and I DID!!! It doesn't give me the smooth look that the WB does but I don't feel as if I have a film on my face either. I've also been using the moor mud mask from this site once or twice a week and really like it too.

Thanks for sharing that skippie. I may look into that bar for an alternative since it's so much less expensive.

I do really like the Wonderbar, though. It is slowly eliminating all of my blackheads and clogged pores I developed while using 302 last year (and I'm sure some that were laying around a little longer Wink )

I'm on wk 9 of using the bar and my skin is still purging. I have not had any new blemishes recently, but I do have some red marks from blackheads I've tried to extract before their time. My bad - I really need to let the bar work by itself as it is doing a good job. I just had a lot of clogged pores for it to deal with. Smile

My chest is also doing amazingly well, considering we're in the midst of a hot summer here (which it has never liked). The bumpyness is gone and the splotchiness has toned down too. A little color came back as it has seen some sun for a little too long. The color actually looks tan instead of red and irritated like it normally does, though. And I'm so happy with the smoothness - it hasn't felt this smooth in decades!

I still might get that bar skippie mentions to try it out. It is certainly much more affordable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Even if you don't want to give up the WB completely, foxe, you could alternate with the cheaper bar so the WB would last a lot longer. I got eight weeks out of my first bar and I'll get more than that with my second since I've taken time out from using it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Even if you don't want to give up the WB completely, foxe, you could alternate with the cheaper bar so the WB would last a lot longer. I got eight weeks out of my first bar and I'll get more than that with my second since I've taken time out from using it.

That's exactly what was on my mind! I did go ahead and place an order and got the mask, two of the bars (med and strong), and something else I can't remember the name of right now. What really looks good is the tube of the moor mud - that one I need to look into more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
My chest is also doing amazingly well, considering we're in the midst of a hot summer here (which it has never liked). The bumpyness is gone and the splotchiness has toned down too. A little color came back as it has seen some sun for a little too long. The color actually looks tan instead of red and irritated like it normally does, though. And I'm so happy with the smoothness - it hasn't felt this smooth in decades!

Ditto to all of the above!! However, I'm also crediting my HF treatments to the improvement as well.

I'm only on Week 4 and my Wonderbar is disappearing fast. I don't feel I've been heavy handed with it though - I just use it as I would any bar of soap. And, I've only been using it once a day on my chest.

Although I've had no problems at all with the bar, I don't know that I'd purchase it (this one was kindly donated by Skippie). It looks very similar to my NCN Rhassoul Facial Bar so when I finish the WB I might use that in the same way.

As far as I can see, the main issue people have with the Wonderbar is the price. It's certainly much more expensive than other bars of this type - and the fact that it's manufactured in Malaysia makes you wonder (no pun intended)!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:32 am      Reply with quote
After having used the HF wand almost two weeks, I'm beginning to agree with you, Keliu. The WB made a huge difference in my sun damage, but the HF has taken it up a notch. I really think I could be happy using the HF and the moor mud bar and drop the expensive WB. It's early days yet, but I think the HF might be helping some with smoothing out my wrinkles, which the WB never did.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
After having used the HF wand almost two weeks, I'm beginning to agree with you, Keliu. The WB made a huge difference in my sun damage, but the HF has taken it up a notch. I really think I could be happy using the HF and the moor mud bar and drop the expensive WB. It's early days yet, but I think the HF might be helping some with smoothing out my wrinkles, which the WB never did.

Did you just buy the HF Skippie? Also did you purchase the professional model that Keliu has? I am wanting one sooo much, just need to wait after some major non-skin related expenditures. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone....

Curious...what's the HF wand? Not that I can afford a gadget right now due to an upcoming Disney trip but there is always Christmas. Smile

I haven't posted here in awhile, still using the WB. The two dark spots I have are much better, one is nearly all gone. Been using Obagi Nu Derm clear (a lifesaver) and always make sure to use strong SPF now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm liking the tepezcohuite soap I bought very much -I can't quite explain it but it even seems to leave a nice clean smell in the bathroom. Yet I'm still continuing with the Eumora bar but only once a day, still getting the odd pimple but no dry skin now.

I'm also curious in knowing what the HF wand is.
TIA Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
It's a High Frequency Wand, also know as a Violet Ray or D'Arsonval Wand - the DermaWand is a nonprofessional version.

See this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=38630

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:21 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Skippie wrote:

Did you just buy the HF Skippie? Also did you purchase the professional model that Keliu has? I am wanting one sooo much, just need to wait after some major non-skin related expenditures. Rolling Eyes

I've had the HF for about two months, DM. I bought the same model as Keliu after she kept saying how much she liked it. After I bought it, I wondered why, because I liked what I was using and didn't think the HF was going to do anything for me. I almost returned it but put it off long enough that time ran out. Then, I thought about selling it on ebay. When Keliu mentioned that it was her desert island gadget, I decided that it was time I tried it myself. And I'm so glad I did and so thankful that Keliu kept talking about it. Thanks Keliu!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:26 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Skippie wrote:

That's exactly what was on my mind! I did go ahead and place an order and got the mask, two of the bars (med and strong), and something else I can't remember the name of right now. What really looks good is the tube of the moor mud - that one I need to look into more.

I wanted to mention, foxe, that the mud mask stains my washcloths. Also, I add a little water to the top of it if it looks like it's drying out, because it's supposed to be kept moist. I actually put my washcloth over my face to keep the mud moist when I'm doing the mask.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:

I wanted to mention, foxe, that the mud mask stains my washcloths. Also, I add a little water to the top of it if it looks like it's drying out, because it's supposed to be kept moist. I actually put my washcloth over my face to keep the mud moist when I'm doing the mask.

What is the actual name of the mask you bought? I recieved my order yesterday and used the mask and the med soap. Thanks for the tip on the washcloths. I actually used papertowels to remove the mask since it looked so dark and I didn't want that to go into my septic system.

I don't recall reading that the mask had to be kept moist. I wonder if you are using the same one I have.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I use the Torf Hévíz Face & Body Mask. Here's where I got the idea that it should be kept moist:

http://www.moornatural.com/

Quote:
Best moor mud is one in its natural form, with pH 4.5 or lower which signifies appropriate maturity and bacterial stability. It should never be dried. Dried moor mud looses its water absorption ability and has to be pulverized into a fine dust to mix it with water. Moor dust does not have all of the properties of fresh moor mud and can create problems with cleaning skin pores after application. Torf Moor Mud is in a 100% natural form, never dried or pasteurized and without additives. Although drying makes it easier to ship or store, it also dramatically reduces Moor's thermal properties as was shown in tests in Germany. No thermal or chemical processing leaves maximum properties beneficial to health treatments.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Skippie,

Keliu has had me lemming for it as well! I just have no choice to wait until finances allow Sad It is great to hear you are loving it as well! Smile

Skippie wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Skippie wrote:

I've had the HF for about two months, DM. I bought the same model as Keliu after she kept saying how much she liked it. After I bought it, I wondered why, because I liked what I was using and didn't think the HF was going to do anything for me. I almost returned it but put it off long enough that time ran out. Then, I thought about selling it on ebay. When Keliu mentioned that it was her desert island gadget, I decided that it was time I tried it myself. And I'm so glad I did and so thankful that Keliu kept talking about it. Thanks Keliu!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I use the Torf Hévíz Face & Body Mask. Here's where I got the idea that it should be kept moist:

Quote:
Best moor mud is one in its natural form, with pH 4.5 or lower which signifies appropriate maturity and bacterial stability. It should never be dried. Dried moor mud looses its water absorption ability and has to be pulverized into a fine dust to mix it with water. Moor dust does not have all of the properties of fresh moor mud and can create problems with cleaning skin pores after application. Torf Moor Mud is in a 100% natural form, never dried or pasteurized and without additives. Although drying makes it easier to ship or store, it also dramatically reduces Moor's thermal properties as was shown in tests in Germany. No thermal or chemical processing leaves maximum properties beneficial to health treatments.

I use a clay from De la Terre skin care where you mix the clay powder with water and it is recommended to keep it wet, as well. Something about the herbs needing to stay moist to stay active.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:17 am      Reply with quote
That's a different mask than the one I purchased. I bought the Moor Mud Mask and its instructions do not include any comments about keeping it moist. It did go on rather 'dry' and felt like it had some particles in it to use for exfoliation. Instructions do mention rubbing it in towards the end for exfoliation.

I've used it only once and did notice a difference in some healing red marks - a positive one. It's only suppose to be used 2 or 3X/wk, so nothing else to report yet.

I tried the medium bar of soap and it does not feel anything like the Wonderbar. It's a nice cleanser, though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:20 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Skippie wrote:

Quote:

I use a clay from De la Terre skin care where you mix the clay powder with water and it is recommended to keep it wet, as well. Something about the herbs needing to stay moist to stay active.

I have a clay powder that also has to be kept wet. It worked best to keep it under some form of occlusion, like a wrap or a large bandaid. Too much work for that one, so it doesn't get brought out much.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Well, Keliu, I now wish I had never asked about what HF stands for!!! Mad
Now I have to save up to buy one! Mad
Thanks for the link, haven't read it all, only half, the half I've read has convinced me it may be a real help for my eczema, if it also helps in antiaging, WOW!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Well, Keliu, I now wish I had never asked about what HF stands for!!! Mad
Now I have to save up to buy one! Mad
Thanks for the link, haven't read it all, only half, the half I've read has convinced me it may be a real help for my eczema, if it also helps in antiaging, WOW!

I know I don't have eczema but it has so many positive uses I WANT ONE TOO. LOL I will have to save up for it also! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
foxe wrote:
Skippie wrote:

Just wondering,

can you put your mask in a ziplock bag?
That would stop it from drying it no?

I've been doing that with my badescu masks as if I do not use them up quckly they seem to dry out.

Since doing that,
putting the jar in a ziplock bag..no dry mask issues Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |