Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:58 am      Reply with quote
good tip skippie. I have had to throw out some Mario Badescu masks that dried up on me. a ziplock would help there.

I happened to notice an additional instruction on the jar of my Moor Mud Mask(I need to use a magnifying glass to read the fine print!). It says to apply to a moist face. since it's so dry going on, that would help with the application. I happened to read that AFTER I applied the mask for the 2nd time. Misting my face with water seemed to help. And I really like how my face looked afterwards. Smile

Quote:
Just wondering,

can you put your mask in a ziplock bag?
That would stop it from drying it no?

I've been doing that with my badescu masks as if I do not use them up quckly they seem to dry out.

Since doing that,
putting the jar in a ziplock bag..no dry mask issues

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:11 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
good tip skippie. I have had to throw out some Mario Badescu masks that dried up on me. a ziplock would help there.

I happened to notice an additional instruction on the jar of my Moor Mud Mask(I need to use a magnifying glass to read the fine print!). It says to apply to a moist face. since it's so dry going on, that would help with the application. I happened to read that AFTER I applied the mask for the 2nd time. Misting my face with water seemed to help. And I really like how my face looked afterwards. Smile

Quote:
Just wondering,

can you put your mask in a ziplock bag?
That would stop it from drying it no?

I've been doing that with my badescu masks as if I do not use them up quckly they seem to dry out.

Since doing that,
putting the jar in a ziplock bag..no dry mask issues

I can't take credit for that tip, foxe. That was Ottawa Shopper's good tip.

Sorry I forgot to mention about applying to a moist face.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Well, after about 4 weeks, I decided that the WB was just not for me. The dry skin around my nose, mouth and jawline (though it had gotten a bit better), was just too itchy and uncomfortable all the time. Reminded me of my topical acne treatment days, which I'd be only too happy to forget about indefinitely! Laughing And speaking of acne, I kept getting little pimples popping up all the time, when my skin had been pretty clear for quite awhile. No visible improvement in tone or texture, no lightening of hyperpigmentation. I was initially planning on at least sticking it out for 6 weeks, but I only had a little bit of the bar left anyway, and as I'd mentioned, it had broken into pieces on me.
In the week or so that I've stopped using it, I've been breaking out even more. I'm hoping my skin will normalize soon. I'm treating it gently for now. Ah well, I gave it a shot!

ATester, I know what you mean about the fresh scent of the tepezcohuite soap. It really does make the whole bathroom smell nice! For now I've gone back to my normal cleanser by Alba though, because I got tired of the tepezcohuite being unable to remove my (non-waterproof) mascara. Though it did a great job of taking off the rest of my makeup.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Yes Nymue, the bathroon smells great with the tepezcohuite soap!! Much better to say fresh scent though! Very Happy It has a marvellous clean scent!

Still kicking myself for asking what HF standed for! Rolling Eyes

Sorry to hear you still have some pimples, the same here, although I've gone on using the European equivalent, Eumora, it has been more than six weeks and I still have pimples appearing! Can't quite understand why, though we're in summer here, and with the hot weather, sweat, etc, hands (with bacteria) brushing off the sweat it is quite normal; so I really can't give an oppinion.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
I found these, which I thought might be of interest:

The Moor Mud Soap at the link below near the bottom (they have 3 strengths of mud to choose from) and it is only $7.95:
http://www.torfspa.com/products.html

We had talked about Moor Mud Masks in the past, and I know Skippie bought a mask she liked (which I may try as well, but need to find the link!). I think there may be some merit to using the mud as a detox mask periodically. The wonderbar dried me out even though I only used it once a day, so that was obviously too much for me, so a mask may be the way for me to go.

But look at the link below...they claim pretty much the same results as the wonderbar, and they are only talking about using the mud (no algae. (their pricing isn't that great though...more reason to try the one that Skippie bought!)
http://www.moormask.com/

And note their usage instructions..I probably would have been WAY better off using my wonderbar as a periodic mask instead of a daily assault.
Quote:
For normal, undamaged skin, apply Moor Mask at 7-10 day intervals. For ALL other skin problems, use DAILY for 21 days then drop down to a maintenance routine of applications once every 3-7 days. You will need to experiment with this as everyone is different and therefore maintenance times will vary according to the individual. If your condition is severe you will probably need to use the mask every 3 days or so.
http://moormask.com/instructions.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:02 am      Reply with quote
The Torf Moor Mud Mask is available on Ebay.

Do you think all Moor Mud Masks (regardless of brand) would be of similar quality?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:49 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I found these, which I thought might be of interest:

The Moor Mud Soap at the link below near the bottom (they have 3 strengths of mud to choose from) and it is only $7.95:
http://www.torfspa.com/products.html

We had talked about Moor Mud Masks in the past, and I know Skippie bought a mask she liked (which I may try as well, but need to find the link!). I think there may be some merit to using the mud as a detox mask periodically. The wonderbar dried me out even though I only used it once a day, so that was obviously too much for me, so a mask may be the way for me to go.

But look at the link below...they claim pretty much the same results as the wonderbar, and they are only talking about using the mud (no algae. (their pricing isn't that great though...more reason to try the one that Skippie bought!)
http://www.moormask.com/

And note their usage instructions..I probably would have been WAY better off using my wonderbar as a periodic mask instead of a daily assault.
Quote:
For normal, undamaged skin, apply Moor Mask at 7-10 day intervals. For ALL other skin problems, use DAILY for 21 days then drop down to a maintenance routine of applications once every 3-7 days. You will need to experiment with this as everyone is different and therefore maintenance times will vary according to the individual. If your condition is severe you will probably need to use the mask every 3 days or so.
http://moormask.com/instructions.html

Bethany,

I bought and am using the strongest moor mud soap. I use it in the evenings and the WB in the mornings. When I finish up my WB, I won't purchase it again because I like the moor mud soap equally well and the price and size are great. I think foxe said she bought both the strongest and medium soaps. I don't know how she likes them compared to the WB.

Quote:
Do you think all Moor Mud Masks (regardless of brand) would be of similar quality?

If the moor mud is just that, Keliu, I don't think brand would matter at all.

Here's another site that I posted sometime ago with progression pictures. I would have ordered from this site, but I thought it would be too expensive to ship to the U.S.:

http://moormask.com/photos.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I'm really interested in these masks now. The Moor Mask one that's from the UK is actually a powder that has to be mixed with water, then applied to the skin and kept moist. After you wash it off you're not supposed to use any other products for four hours (or over night).

I think the Torf one is applied directly from the jar (correct me if I'm wrong) and doesn't need to be kept moist. At this point I'm leaning towards the UK Moor Mask.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
the instructions bethany posted for that moormask are very well written and very informative. I would buy from them just for that!

skippie - I started out using the medium moor soap and do like it, but I think I like the WB a bit better in some regards. The WB lathers up a lot more than the moor soap and I like the film it leaves on the skin. That makes it act like a mask and a treatment.

BUT, for the price - the moor soap is VERY nice. It will be a while before I reorder the WB since I have 2 moor soaps.

What I really like is their mask. My skin feels so soft afterwards and the congestion from last year is clearing up so well! The mask bethany posted looks even better. Let us know what the S&H is to the states, who ever orders it.

BTW- my purchase was from the Torfspa website. It's the mask from the UK that interests me now. Always lemming for something else. Brick wall

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
skippie - I started out using the medium moor soap and do like it, but I think I like the WB a bit better in some regards. The WB lathers up a lot more than the moor soap and I like the film it leaves on the skin. That makes it act like a mask and a treatment.

I actually find that the moor mud soap lathers much better than the WB, but maybe it's because I'm trying to conserve the WB when I use it. If you want to do a trade, foxe, let me know. I'll send you a WB soap in exchange for the strongest moor mud soap you bought.

For all the time I spent on that website, I didn't realize the UK mud mask was a powder.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:04 am      Reply with quote
10% off any Wonderbar order

Enter Promo Code: "Back to School"

offer expires midnight on 8/24/2010

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:07 am      Reply with quote
Bumping this up, I'm still using the WB. I had a mishap with it back in the spring and learned to be more careful with harsh peels, etc. It's still the only thing that seems to really keep my pores clean.

I can't attest to it's anti-aging properties but I'm very happy with how clean my skin feels. I try to use it day and night but on days I'm rushing, I alternate with another cleanser (La Vie Celeste Restorative Mother Of Pearl Exfoliating Cleanser).

All in all, this is a keeper in my beauty routine despite having a "hiccup" with it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all!!

Is anyone still using wonderbar? I have acne, oily skin, redness and pigmentation issues. I was wondering if this would help?

Thanks in Advance
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Not still using it, since I am just finishing with my 1st (of 2) Moor Soaps I purchased last summer.

I would recommend the Wonderbar for your needs though. I did like it, but thought it was too expensive.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still using it, it should help with your complexion. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a miracle worker but it does keep my pores clear (no more blackheads). I don't think it's done much for pigmentation but all in all I do love it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks I think I will give it a try!! Smile
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Free shipping coupon through Jan. 31: Jan11FreeShip

I still use the wonderbar - in fact, it is one of my HG products. Because of the expense, I only use it in the evenings. In the morning, I use the same cheaper moor mud bar that I think foxe is using. One wonderbar lasts me a really long time. I even leave it on overnight sometimes now.

I think it will help with your acne and oily skin and possibly the redness but it has done nothing to fade the few brown spots I have along my jaw line. The key, in my opinion, is not to give up when your skin is adjusting to the bar. You may very well have redness, soreness and peeling while your skin is adjusting but don't give up. Once you get past that adjustment period, your skin will look much better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:

I still use the wonderbar - in fact, it is one of my HG products. Because of the expense, I only use it in the evenings. In the morning, I use the same cheaper moor mud bar that I think foxe is using. One wonderbar lasts me a really long time. I even leave it on overnight sometimes now.

I think it will help with your acne and oily skin and possibly the redness but it has done nothing to fade the few brown spots I have along my jaw line. The key, in my opinion, is not to give up when your skin is adjusting to the bar. You may very well have redness, soreness and peeling while your skin is adjusting but don't give up. Once you get past that adjustment period, your skin will look much better.

Where you been?!!! Glad to have you back!!!

What exact improvements have you seen Skippie? And are you still using the Ageless Secret Gold?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:07 am      Reply with quote
The wonderbar made my skin worse. I used it for around 4 months. My sensitive acne prone rosacea skin looked horrible. If you call them to talk to them about it, they say you you are using it wrong. It was the only thing i was using except for makeup.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Skippie wrote:

Where you been?!!! Glad to have you back!!!

What exact improvements have you seen Skippie? And are you still using the Ageless Secret Gold?

Hi Keliu - thanks for the welcome back. I wish I could say I was doing something to make the world a better place but truthfully, I just needed some time away from the forum for my own peace of mind. LOL

I really believe the WB and the HF device that you introduced me to have made a difference in the sun damage on my neck, particularly the back of my neck. It's about 75% improved over where it was a year ago.

I am still using Ageless Secret. I'm on my second bottle of the Gold which I only use in the evenings and on my first bottle of the Original which I use in the mornings. I like it but I don't yet love it. My skin looks really good and I continue to see improvements in my neck lines but I've gone back to using Osmosis products because my skin responds really well to them. So, I'm not sure whether the improvements I'm seeing are due to those.

Have you made any discoveries while I've been away?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Have you made any discoveries while I've been away?

I can relate to needing some time off from this place - sometimes it can take over your life, and not always in a positive way!

The only new thing I'm doing is trying the Osmosis products: Vitamin C Powder, Replenish Serum and StemFactor. So far I like them (especially the C Powder) but don't know whether I'll keep on purchasing - the expense and having to order from the US will probably get to me in the end. Oh, and I'm also getting a series of Sculptra injections. Have only had one round, so nothing to report yet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the StemFactor too, Keliu, and really like it - even though I think it looks like egg whites and smells like Marshmallow Peeps. I'm surprised you aren't able to find the Osmosis products in Australia because I thought that was one of the countries where they are sold.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I've been using the StemFactor too, Keliu, and really like it - even though I think it looks like egg whites and smells like Marshmallow Peeps. I'm surprised you aren't able to find the Osmosis products in Australia because I thought that was one of the countries where they are sold.

I don't think Osmosis is sold here - it is sold under other labels but is about three times the price!

Apparently the new batch of StemFactor is thicker (haven't tried it yet) - and I actually love the smell!

5% products discount

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
fulloflove2 wrote:
The wonderbar made my skin worse. I used it for around 4 months. My sensitive acne prone rosacea skin looked horrible. If you call them to talk to them about it, they say you you are using it wrong. It was the only thing i was using except for makeup.

Hi,
Yes, sensitive, rosacea and acne prone skin is tough for sure! If you were breaking out at 4 months, then the product was just not for you, or the makeup you were using was making things worse. We see that a lot and advise against the use of makeup as much as possible while using the bar.
I know you wanted it to work, so if you really were wearing makeup daily, and you want to give it another shot without the makeup, let us know! We have many people with your skin type who are very happy with their results. We would love to see you be one of them!
loribar
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Forgive me for being lazy and not wanting to read all 27 pages of the thread...I'm sure this is addressed somewhere...but is anyone using copper peptides and the wonderbar simultaneously? Any problems with that??

I'm on day 4 of using the wonderbar and having no adverse reactions. Ironically, my skin is less dry and irritated than before I started. I am only using my correct eye cream and emu oil at night. Mornings, I'm using the correct, Jan Marinini sunscreen and Georgio Armani liquid makeup. So far so good!!

Just wondering what other anti aging products people have added back in with success...vit c, glycolics, growth factors, cp's, etc.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |