Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany & Frodo:

Thanks for the sunscreen recommendation.

I used the wonder bar last night & this morning, left it on for about 10 min, and used horse oil as moisturizer. So far so good, nothing to report.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Bethany & Frodo:

Thanks for the sunscreen recommendation.

I used the wonder bar last night & this morning, left it on for about 10 min, and used horse oil as moisturizer. So far so good, nothing to report.

In this case, nothing may be a good thing! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I use it on my face, neck, chest, and the back of one hand. (I changed my test from LPB vs. WB to WB vs. Nothing on the backs of my hands)

Good to know. I will start extending it to my neck/chest, as well!
spence
5% products discount

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Like seeing the updates from wonderbar. From what I've viewed of the forums, they seem rather honest in reviews. Not mean, just honest.

But I do like that the vendor came to explain. Changes view in my book.

Want to see how more see their melasma change.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:58 am      Reply with quote
When I use it, I don't feel a film on my face at all. My goal is to no longer use moisturizers daily. I've been over moisturizing for so long and have had enough of putting way too product on. I just want to wash my face, use sunscreen, and go. Smile So here's hoping the WB can help that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:40 am      Reply with quote
My morning update after using the wonderbar. I left it on for maybe 10 minutes (I lost track of time). Anyway, I did feel the film again after rinsing and until my skin dried. This time I decided to wait and not apply anything. After about 10-15 minutes my skin "balanced out" and I did not feel dry anymore! I have only applied my sunscreen and my skin feels great!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Just an FYI on using the WB...

I dampened a dermalogica facial brush and then rubbed it once across the top of the WB, instead of wetting the entire bar. I then rubbed the brush in a circular motion on my face, and got a TON of WB foam that spread easily across my face. It certainly seemed like a much more efficient way to use the bar.

Also, I have only used the bar twice, and already have a tiny zit in a place where I have never had a zit before. Embarassed This may be an interesting ride!

It is an interesting ride for sure. I have used it 4 times and I have never seen my face so red in my life except when I got a really bad sunburn. I am leaving it on for 3 minutes max. I have a feeling that I am going to go thru some major uglies. I am going to try your idea with the brush. I was wetting my face and using a dry right hand and swirling the end of the bar around my face in hopes of not using so much.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys,
Please be careful about using the exfoliating brush...the bar is an exfoliate, so in the beginning, it can be too much for your skin. After you are totally adjusted and through with the initial detox and healing period/crisis, then the bar would be perfect for a once or twice a month extra-little something to remove the continuously healing skin. I find even after 14 months of using the bar, that about that often I get a really thin, invisible layer of dead skin that I can feel, but not see. I take a baby washcloth and gently buff it off. Very nice skin underneath. Just want you to be careful in the beginning, I know it seems like the brush would be perfect, it's just too much too early. What you are doing can cause extreme irritation.....

and what do you know, here I am again sticking my nose in your conversation, but I see the comments and can't help myself!!
maria51va
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Your comments are informative, not pushy & very helpful!
I'm on day 3 of using my bar-no healing crisis-just lovely smooth skin-even my husband noticed tonight-now-do I share it with him, or hoard it???

5% products discount

Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
you can share it with him. Men seem to get the best results using it just like we do, or using it as an AFTERshave and leaving it on....but for what it's worth, I did have a male client who used it as a shaving foam and got quite a bit of irritation. This is in keeping with the idea that you can exfoliate too much, but I've only heard it once, so I don't know for sure. It could have just been the healing crisis...either way, he went on to really like the product. It helps a lot with razor burn and ingrown hairs....
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Have been following this thread with interest following dismal results from LPB. Can anyone explain WHY this should help with pigmentation/melasma. I just cant decide whether to go for this or give Nia24 a go next.

cheers

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
wonderbar wrote:
Hi guys,
Please be careful about using the exfoliating brush...the bar is an exfoliate, so in the beginning, it can be too much for your skin. After you are totally adjusted and through with the initial detox and healing period/crisis, then the bar would be perfect for a once or twice a month extra-little something to remove the continuously healing skin. I find even after 14 months of using the bar, that about that often I get a really thin, invisible layer of dead skin that I can feel, but not see. I take a baby washcloth and gently buff it off. Very nice skin underneath. Just want you to be careful in the beginning, I know it seems like the brush would be perfect, it's just too much too early. What you are doing can cause extreme irritation.....

and what do you know, here I am again sticking my nose in your conversation, but I see the comments and can't help myself!!

Good to know...my Dermalogica brush is soooo soft that I never viewed it as an exfoliator. Embarassed Thanks for the feedback!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Quick update from me on Day 4...

- My one new tiny zit is a bit less inflamed
- No new zits
- My nose and chin are slick like buttered toast when I wake up, which is not the norm for me. I have seen this in the past when I was using a product that overly dried my skin, so it will be interesting to see if this levels out over time.
- No redness or irritation at all
- I am no longer looking like an ashy corpse (or maybe I got used to it?)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

- No new zits
- My nose and chin are slick like buttered toast when I wake up, which is not the norm for me. I have seen this in the past when I was using a product that overly dried my skin, so it will be interesting to see if this levels out over time.

All sounds hopefully good so far. I was going to ask if you still looked like you walked off the set of "Night Of The Living Dead" or not, but I doubt you would get used to that? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
bethany wrote:

- No new zits

All sounds hopefully good so far. I was going to ask if you still looked like you walked off the set of "Night Of The Living Dead" or not, but I doubt you would get used to that? Smile

It seems weird that it would do it the first time, and not on an ongoing basis. But I really don't see that effect anymore. (and it was VERY obvious the first time, lol)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
That is odd Bethany, but let's just hope it was a one time only occurrence! Shock

5% products discount

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
the wonderbarusa website is going down for 24 hours, along with my email! so I guess you could say I have a little time on my hands...in the spirit of full disclosure, speaking as a wonderbar user and not a rep, I too had that pale look when I first started and I thought it was my sunscreen, so I switched. It was definitely the bar, and I remember thinking that it lasted a while...my color was off, but then one day it was just over and my skin looked normal again, but just more even-toned than before. I was an obagi user before the bar, so looking back, maybe that had something to do with it? Obagi made me very reddish pink, so maybe in comparison? Anyway, I'm enjoying reading your experiences because I was there once. Now my color is good, so it passed and I think maybe it was a part of the healing crisis....I have never heard anyone mention it since, so I have not asked the manufacturer about it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
wonderbar wrote:
the wonderbarusa website is going down for 24 hours, along with my email! so I guess you could say I have a little time on my hands...in the spirit of full disclosure, speaking as a wonderbar user and not a rep, I too had that pale look when I first started and I thought it was my sunscreen, so I switched. It was definitely the bar, and I remember thinking that it lasted a while...my color was off, but then one day it was just over and my skin looked normal again, but just more even-toned than before. I was an obagi user before the bar, so looking back, maybe that had something to do with it? Obagi made me very reddish pink, so maybe in comparison? Anyway, I'm enjoying reading your experiences because I was there once. Now my color is good, so it passed and I think maybe it was a part of the healing crisis....I have never heard anyone mention it since, so I have not asked the manufacturer about it.

I had started using the Vivite Vibrance about a week before I started the Wonderbar, and that definitely makes me pink. So I'm wondering if the WB just gave me a jumpstart on reducing the pink (since I am not using the VV at the moment).

But I'm glad to know that I am not the only one that experienced it! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
wonderbar wrote:
the wonderbarusa website is going down for 24 hours, along with my email!

FYI...the site is going down because they are bringing up a new one (from a WB Facebook post):

ATTENTION: WONDERBARUSA WEBSITE AND EMAIL WILL BE DOWN FROM 9:00 PM SATURDAY, APRIL 10TH THRU 9:00 PM SUNDAY, APRIL 11TH! IF YOU'RE GOING TO ORDER THIS WEEKEND, DO IT NOW! ONE NEW WEBSITE COMING UP!

I looked through the past Facebook posts, and they have offered some great discounts in the past. So it might be worth becoming a fan if anyone is interested in purchasing.

Editing to add: I wonder what timezone those times reflect? I work with people in 3 different times every day, so they are rarely talking about MY timezone, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I've used it six times now. The little pimples I had pop out after the first use are mostly gone, but I'm now going through an itching phase. Also, my skin is looking dry. Every time I use it, I get more of a tightening feeling. I keep thinking my face and neck couldn't possibly feel tighter than they do, but they have with every additional use. I have some areas that are looking kind of ruddy - mainly on my cheeks by my nose. I have a couple of red patches there, too.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Skippie, the catalyst may not be agreeing with the wonderbar? Just a thought.

I am doing fine with mine. So far I don't notice much. Today I didn't feel the sticky that I have the last few times I used it and I didn't feel the need to use a washcloth to remove it. I am just dry/tight feeling for about 5 minutes after rinsing and then that feeling goes away.
wonderbar
5% products discount

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:53 am      Reply with quote
The dryness is absolutely normal and you should not be concerned...this is the healing taking place. You can expect your dry "patches" to turn a brownish color over the next couple of weeks and then come off...usually this happens in the most damaged areas of the skin. The dryness passes and your skin will balance out eventually.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I've used it six times now. The little pimples I had pop out after the first use are mostly gone, but I'm now going through an itching phase. Also, my skin is looking dry. Every time I use it, I get more of a tightening feeling. I keep thinking my face and neck couldn't possibly feel tighter than they do, but they have with every additional use. I have some areas that are looking kind of ruddy - mainly on my cheeks by my nose. I have a couple of red patches there, too.

Skippie, I noticed today that my skin is looking very similar to what you described...dry under my eyes, and redder in other areas. No itching, and I have a couple more very tiny zits. But I do have some VERY red neck lines at the moment, which makes my ultra white neck look like a candy cane. Confused My sister dropped by, and even asked what I did to my neck. It's funny that it is ONLY in the neck rings...maybe I didn't rinse well enough?

I know I'm not having any product reactions, because I am not using anything else at the moment...no moisturizer, no sunscreen (fortunately I stay inside all day). So any change is 100% attributed to the WB.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:59 am      Reply with quote
wonderbar wrote:
The dryness is absolutely normal and you should not be concerned...this is the healing taking place. You can expect your dry "patches" to turn a brownish color over the next couple of weeks and then come off...usually this happens in the most damaged areas of the skin. The dryness passes and your skin will balance out eventually.

Good to know! Unfortunately I have client trips for the next 2 weeks, and it sounds like I may be at the height of my healing crisis then. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:59 am      Reply with quote
wonderbar wrote:

Will everyone eventually develop this type of reaction? And, if a person doesn't have this reaction does it mean they don't have any damage?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |