Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Renata wrote:
Wow, I'm very surprised by Tiffany's latest blog post. I only had one brief interaction with her and she seemed very nice. I assume she's concerned that people will report bad results on a public forum, but chastising people like this is not the way to get anyone to try your product. Everyone here who's not using it as recommended has clearly stated that they're not following instructions and I'm sure they would indicate that when they reported their results. Any consumer with a brain would be able to take that fact into consideration when they make a decision whether or not to purchase the bar. Anyway, the tone of her blog post takes away some of my excitement about using this bar or dealing with the company.

Thanks, rileygirl. I am mainly concerned with treating my hyperpigmentation and melasma, but I also hope the bar will clean out my pores and get rid of a few blackheads and whiteheads that I have. I also get a breakout on my chin every three or four months. I think it's hormonal, and it would be a bonus if the bar could eliminate that--if I continue to use it.

Very well said, Renata. I completely agree every who is using this has been very forthcoming how they are using it.

I ordered the mini and should get mine today or tomorrow, but you are right my excitement has really diminished after reading that blog that Bethany posted.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I shelled out $40 bucks for a battery-sized bar too. I used it last night and this morning for three minutes on my face, neck and hands. For me, it leaves kind of a shiny look. I didn't have any issues with whiter skin, but I'm very fair-skinned anyway. I do have a couple of very little pimples that have popped up on my nose this morning.

Are you giving up the Catalyst and the other stuff you are using, Skippie for your trial or will you continue to use your other products with the bar?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:52 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Skippie wrote:
I shelled out $40 bucks for a battery-sized bar too. I used it last night and this morning for three minutes on my face, neck and hands. For me, it leaves kind of a shiny look. I didn't have any issues with whiter skin, but I'm very fair-skinned anyway. I do have a couple of very little pimples that have popped up on my nose this morning.

Are you giving up the Catalyst and the other stuff you are using, Skippie for your trial or will you continue to use your other products with the bar?

After finally finding a routine that I'm really liking, Riley, there's no way I'm giving it up for the wonderbar. Very Happy The wonderbar will just have to work - or not - in spite of it all.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:57 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I used it last night and this morning for three minutes on my face, neck and hands. For me, it leaves kind of a shiny look.

I would guess that's the polyglucuronic acid since it acts as a film-forming agent in cosmetic products. It forms a thin pliable film on the skin and results in a smooth feeling when touched. It may also be due to the petrolatum/vaseline wax (paraffin).

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I used mine last night and this morning, I like it so far. This morning I left it on longer, 5 minutes. My skin looks a bit brighter, feels softer and tighter at the same time. I *think* this will be good for me because I do tend to get acne and very bad clogged pores. I've been trying all sorts of cleansers to get rid of blackheads and such to no avail. So we'll see how this does...if anything, it'll be nice not to have breakouts anymore. Oh, I did notice that more pimples are popping up after using the Wonderbar, probably been hidden for ages underneath my skin.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I removed the post immediately when I saw the way it came across, it's not at all how it was meant and I'll pay closer attention next time. I only wanted to convey the message that to get your money's worth, it needs to be used correctly and consistently. I get too many emails from people who used it the full six weeks with incompatible products or incorrectly and are very disappointed and angry, only to do it again the right way and have things work out very well. I honestly want to prevent that from happening to as many people as I can and if that means warning them then I think I should. If they decide they don't want to give up their other products, that's OK too. I'm happy you are trying it and I hope it works out for all of you.
Again, I sincerely apologize that I offended some.
Tiffany
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:54 am      Reply with quote
What are people supposed to use for moisture since this claims to be for all skin types and some are finding it quite drying?

What is an appropriate sunscreen?

Finally why paraffin wax when there are much better natural cosmetic waxes albeit more expensive such as beeswax? I would think for the price of the bar you would use top notch ingredients not something as cheap as paraffin?

wonderbar wrote:
Hi all,
I removed the post immediately when I saw the way it came across, it's not at all how it was meant and I'll pay closer attention next time. I only wanted to convey the message that to get your money's worth, it needs to be used correctly and consistently. I get too many emails from people who used it the full six weeks with incompatible products or incorrectly and are very disappointed and angry, only to do it again the right way and have things work out very well. I honestly want to prevent that from happening to as many people as I can and if that means warning them then I think I should. If they decide they don't want to give up their other products, that's OK too. I'm happy you are trying it and I hope it works out for all of you.
Tiffany

5% products discount

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
A very plain moisturizer is recommended and a good physical sunblock. Examples: Cetaphil Cream, Vanicream 60 for sensitive skin. There are many out there. Most all of the questions on this forum are answered on the website, if you cannot find an answer, please feel free to email me.
I have sent your question regarding paraffin to the manufaturer and will do a blog post on that as soon as he replies.
Thanks,
Tiffany
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Lacy53 wrote:
Skippie wrote:
I used it last night and this morning for three minutes on my face, neck and hands. For me, it leaves kind of a shiny look.

I would guess that's the polyglucuronic acid since it acts as a film-forming agent in cosmetic products. It forms a thin pliable film on the skin and results in a smooth feeling when touched. It may also be due to the petrolatum/vaseline wax (paraffin).

Actually, it does feel as if there's a film on my skin. It worries me because I wonder if my skincare products are able to penetrate it.
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:11 am      Reply with quote
For what it is worth, I used WB this AM & plan on using Retin-A and CPs tonight.

I wholeheartedly agree with Tiffany on a good physical SS being better than a more harmful chemical one. I realize where she is coming from there.

Also agree that a simple moisturizer is good. Not too may ingredients. Too many fillers and unnecessary pore clogging & irritating ingredients in many products.

That is why I prefer a BHO like Emu Oil or Squalane. They are wonderful lipid moisturizers that don't clog the pores and absorb deeply into the skin.
Lacy53
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:42 am      Reply with quote
wonderbar wrote:
Hi,
A very plain moisturizer is recommended and a good physical sunblock. Examples: Cetaphil Cream, Vanicream 60 for sensitive skin. There are many out there.

Just so you are aware of the ingredients which seem to be fine to use with the WonderBar:

Cetaphil® Moisturizing Cream:

Water, Petrolatum, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol.

VanicreamTM Sunscreen SPF 60: titanium dioxide 7.5%, zinc oxide 7.5%

alumina, C12-15 alkyl benzoate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, cetearyl isononanoate, cetyl alcohol, isopropyl titanium triisostearate/triethoxycaprylylsilane crosspolymer, magnesium sulfate, methylpropanediol, PEG-12 dimethicone, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, phenyl trimethicone, polyethylene, polyhydroxystearic acid, purified water, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, stearyl dimethicone, tetrasodium EDTA, tocopheryl acetate, triethoxycaprylylsilane

Please be aware that the Cetaphil contains petrolatum and the sunscreen has 'cones (if you are concerned about such ingredients).

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
Can somebody please tell me a good drug store physical sunscreen?

THanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:

THanks.

I'm going to try this new one from Neutrogena:

Quote:
Neutrogena® Sensitive Skin 60+ SPF Sunblock Lotion with PureScreen™

Neutrogena® Sensitive Skin 60+ SPF Sunblock Lotion with PureScreen™ provides superior physical broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection. It goes on evenly, rubs in on skin, and feels ultra light. Plus, it's formulated with PureScreen™ technology for a unique blend of naturally-sourced physical sunscreens (titanium oxide and zinc oxide) to give you protection that's hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, oil-free and waterproof--great for sensitive skin!

#1 Dermatologist Recommended Suncare
Fragrance-free, oil-free
Waterproof, sweatproof
PABA-free, hypoallergenic
3.2 fl. oz. tube

http://www.neutrogena.com/econsumer/ntg/productdetail.browse?segment=women&catId=3&subCatId=9&productId=485&target=/products/sun/sensitive-skin-60-spf-sunblock-lotion.jsp

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
wonderbar wrote:
Hi all,
Tiffany

Tiffany, thanks very much for removing it, and the apology.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:

THanks.

This will be my next purchase regarding SS.

http://www.neutrogena.com/econsumer/ntg/productdetail.browse?segment=women&catId=3&subCatId=9&productId=329&target=/products/sun/ultra-sheer-dry-touch-sunblock-spf-55-&-70.jsp

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
MACrisis wrote:

THanks.

This will be my next purchase regarding SS.

http://www.neutrogena.com/econsumer/ntg/productdetail.browse?segment=women&catId=3&subCatId=9&productId=329&target=/products/sun/ultra-sheer-dry-touch-sunblock-spf-55-&-70.jsp

I use that for my body, Frodo and I really like it. You cannot tell you have anything on. Unfortunately it is not a physical s/s or I would use it on my face, too!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Just an FYI on using the WB...

I dampened a dermalogica facial brush and then rubbed it once across the top of the WB, instead of wetting the entire bar. I then rubbed the brush in a circular motion on my face, and got a TON of WB foam that spread easily across my face. It certainly seemed like a much more efficient way to use the bar.

Also, I have only used the bar twice, and already have a tiny zit in a place where I have never had a zit before. Embarassed This may be an interesting ride!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
This may be an interesting ride!

I read that as "This may be a bumpy ride!" Laughing Laughing Laughing

Great idea on using the brush. I find it helps to wet my face first because the bar glides over my skin so much better.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Just an FYI on using the WB...

I dampened a dermalogica facial brush and then rubbed it once across the top of the WB, instead of wetting the entire bar. I then rubbed the brush in a circular motion on my face, and got a TON of WB foam that spread easily across my face. It certainly seemed like a much more efficient way to use the bar.

Also, I have only used the bar twice, and already have a tiny zit in a place where I have never had a zit before. Embarassed This may be an interesting ride!

I sure hope it doesn't get too interesting, as in a lot of little zits popping up on you! Here's hoping! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I got my mini and used it tonight. I left it on for 5 minutes per the instruction sheet. When I rinsed, I almost felt like I couldn't get it to rinse all the way off, so I used a wet washcloth to wipe my face afterward. Upon drying my face, I felt a tacky feel for maybe a minute until my skin completely dried and then it was nice and soft. A short time after that I noticed a tight/dry feeling to my face. I thought it was so weird after leaving the product on for 5 minutes that is looked like I had a clear "film" on my skin!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, did not get back in time to edit my post. My one concern about using the Wonderbar is the recommendation for a daily moisturizer. I am from the "obagi" school where moisturizer should only be used when necessary and not daily. So, I am not quite sure what I will do about this. I think I will try it without a moisturizer and see what happens.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I got my mini and used it tonight. I left it on for 5 minutes per the instruction sheet. When I rinsed, I almost felt like I couldn't get it to rinse all the way off, so I used a wet washcloth to wipe my face afterward. Upon drying my face, I felt a tacky feel for maybe a minute until my skin completely dried and then it was nice and soft. A short time after that I noticed a tight/dry feeling to my face. I thought it was so weird after leaving the product on for 5 minutes that is looked like I had a clear "film" on my skin!

Must be the paraffin!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Sorry, did not get back in time to edit my post. My one concern about using the Wonderbar is the recommendation for a daily moisturizer. I am from the "obagi" school where moisturizer should only be used when necessary and not daily. So, I am not quite sure what I will do about this. I think I will try it without a moisturizer and see what happens.

The page I received with my bar said the Wonderbar is "a toner, cleanser,exfoliate, and ultimately, moisturizer - all of your skincare products in one!"

I got the idea (somewhere, lol) that you do not HAVE to use a moisturizer every day...it is more to counteract the dryness that you might encounter during the detox period and that should not use it more often than you really need.

But I am in the same camp as you...I believe most moisturizers overwet the skin barrier, and I don't use them everyday.

Editing to add: I also read somewhere that you can use the WB as a shampoo too. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

The page I received with my bar said the Wonderbar is "a toner, cleanser,exfoliate, and ultimately, moisturizer - all of your skincare products in one!"

I got the idea (somewhere, lol) that you do not HAVE to use a moisturizer every day...it is more to counteract the dryness that you might encounter during the detox period and that should not use it more often than you really need.

But I am in the same camp as you...I believe most moisturizers overwet the skin barrier, and I don't use them everyday.

Editing to add: I also read somewhere that you can use the WB as a shampoo too. Very Happy

Thanks, Bethany. That makes me feel better thinking that I don't "have" to use the moisturizer daily.

I was just going to ask if I could use this on my chest/arms, so I am guessing if one can use it for a shampoo, they could use it on their body, too?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I was just going to ask if I could use this on my chest/arms, so I am guessing if one can use it for a shampoo, they could use it on their body, too?

I use it on my face, neck, chest, and the back of one hand. (I changed my test from LPB vs. WB to WB vs. Nothing on the backs of my hands)

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |