Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
MyBestFriend wrote:
I see there are a lot of skeptics here. That's okay. Nothing wrong with being a smart consumer and wanting to check things out. But, I'm very happy that I ordered my first Wonderbar because even before that little bar was all used up, my skin had improved so much that I knew I was onto something good. There are a lot of good reviews of the product and I think they are all from honest, sincere people who are happy they bought the Wonderbar. I know I never want to be without a Wonderbar by my sink. I've used it twice a day since Feb. 18, 2010 and my skin hasn't looked this good in many years.

Welcome to EDS!

Do you happen to have any before and after pics that you can share with us?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I looked over the testimonial page at the link below, and it was a tad concerning to see comments like "fairer skin" after 3 MINUTES. Now how is that even possible? (though I personally couldn't see any changes in that pic)

http://sbrise.blogspot.com/2008/05/testimonials-see-thewonderbar-impact.html

I forgot to look and see if there was a money back guarantee...at this price point and with such FAST results, there should be if it really delivers. I'll have to go back and check.

Editing to add:

I couldn't find any money back guarantee.

I did look at the Wonderbar USA site, and the testimonial page was a little more realistic. The site also addressed the "Healing Crisis" which means that things could get worse before they get better. (despite the improvement in 3 mins)

http://wonderbarusa.com/testimonials/

All in all, I think the realistic claims (under than the lightening claims) mirror those of the 302 Face & Body Bar (which I LOVE) so at least some of them are achievable.

I can't remember how much the 302 F&BB was (for a big size)...Riley, do you remember?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Wonderbar, for answering the question about ingredients! It is very much appreciated. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
P.S. FWIW, we did have someone who posted very short but very positive comments on the Wonderbar on the FlexEffect forum. The person hasn't posted much in total, but did at least join the forum 10 months ago.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:31 am      Reply with quote
No, I don't have any before and after pics to share. Sorry! Although my skin IS in much better condition now, I did go through the "healing crisis". My melasma got very, very dry. I've never had such dry skin as I did when I was going through the healing crisis. But after the crisis was over, my skin got very soft and at least 50% lighter in the areas where I have melasma. So, it's still there, just lighter. But, I didn't expect miracles in the first month. I know I'll have to use it for a long time to erase all this hyperpigmentation.
MyBestFriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:03 am      Reply with quote
You leave it on your skin for 3 to 5 minutes, allowing it to dry on your skin. Then you rinse it off. Maybe when they say it "works in 3 minutes", they're referring to the amount of time it's left on the skin. But, you use it twice a day and during the first week or two of use most people experience the "healing crisis" when the Wonderbar is pulling toxins from deep in their skin. Those toxins come to the surface, but then they come off. I'm thinking that since I've had melasma for 20 years, I've got layers of hyperpigmented dead skin cells that have all got to come to the surface before they are eventually sloughed off. So, slowly, layer by layer, those hyperpigmented skin cells will come off the longer I use the Wonderbar. But, already my melasma has lightened by at least 50%. Even my 20 year old son noticed the difference, so I know it's not just wishful thinking on my part.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:14 am      Reply with quote
If that's the case then once all those darkened layers have come to the surface and sloughed off it would seem you could stop using the bar without any reversion, yet that is not the impression I have from earlier posts?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:19 am      Reply with quote
You're probably right! I'm very hopeful that all my melasma will come off and that will be the end of this nightmare. But, what I'm thinking is that since the Wonderbar is returning my skin to such a healthy condition, I'll want to keep using it to keep it there.
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
I just came onto the forum to see if others here were talking about this product or not. I checked 2 months ago but didn't find any posts. Today I found this one.

I purchased and began using this product about 4 weeks ago. I am actually quite pleased with the results. I had a "minor" healing crisis (a couple of blemishes surface, dry patches, etc..) but nothing major. Today my skin is soft, calm and happy. I also have melasma and can say it is much much lighter than it ever has been. I'm coming off winter so already have the winter-fade so I can't be sure how much is from the Wonderbar if any. But, it is lighter now vs. before starting with it. I would be remiss not to mention that I also started using Osmosis Catalyst around the same time which also claims to help with melasma along with other issues. So maybe the Catalyst is the reason for happy, lighter skin? I did a lot of searching about the bar before deciding to purchase it and found many many positive testimonials which is what sold me on at least giving it a try. Not sure if I'll continue with it long-term or not but I did just order another small bar.

Just wanted to share my personal experience for what it's worth.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I think I want to try this... already have tons of cleansers in my cabinet but this sounds totally different.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I tried to order the Wonder Bar so many times during last few days but always cancelled at the last step. Mother's day is coming.....I think I'll order it soon......I keep on telling myself that the whole family can benefit from it.....

I've been using Lemon Peel Bioferment 2x/day for about 1 week and changed to 1x/day for about 2 weeks. Like lots of memebers I saw big improvement at first and then stopped. Hopefully this "magic bar" can help me more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
White Wolf and MACrisis, if you try this, Please report back with your results!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I can't remember how much the 302 F&BB was (for a big size)...Riley, do you remember?

I am sorry. I missed this completely!! I think the 302 bar was about $20 if I am remembering correctly.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
It looks like the Wonderbar has made its presence known in the skincare blogger world...there are a ton of posts on this press page:

http://wonderbarusa.com/press/

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I think about this wonder bar too much and had a nightmare last night.

In my dream, wonder bar cleared all my skin issues - melasma, eye bags, NL fold, wrinkles.... I had flawless skin.....But overnight I developed lots of different shape dark, dark moles on my face. Some of them were patches and some of them felt like jello. I could remove them by rubbing / picking them....... Very scary.

Can anybody analyse dreams? Is it a sign as go ahead order the bar or a no, no?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:50 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I think about this wonder bar too much and had a nightmare last night.

In my dream, wonder bar cleared all my skin issues - melasma, eye bags, NL fold, wrinkles.... I had flawless skin.....But overnight I developed lots of different shape dark, dark moles on my face. Some of them were patches and some of them felt like jello. I could remove them by rubbing / picking them....... Very scary.

Can anybody analyse dreams? Is it a sign as go ahead order the bar or a no, no?

Hmmm...maybe you were dreaming about the healing crisis by removing the dark moles? Confused

Here is a video review that Tiffany from Wonderbar found and sent me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivxmWNZRQQs

They mention some trial size 5 gram bars, but I didn't see them on the website anymore.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for correcting the gender issue Bethany and trying to see if she will continue to post.

MACrisis,
Not analysing your dream, I doubt the bar is harmful from looking at the ingredients, but I am also not convinced at this point it really justifies the exorbitant price?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I just found this blog on the WonderbarUSA site...I think it pushed me over the edge and I am going to order the small bar, sigh.

http://wonderbarusa.com/blog/

I will do a half-face trial of the Lemon Peel Bioferment vs. the Wonderbar, and will take before and after pics on each side.

Editing to add: It says on the blog that you should not use the Wonderbar in combination with mineral makeup. Shock

I do not wear MMU very often (since I work at home) and the one I use (Raesin Images) does not have bismuth in it, so I'm going for it anyway. Unfortunately, Tiffany mentioned hanging with Paula Begoun in the same blog article, which is a huge black mark in my book. Rolling Eyes But I'm going to try and overlook it, and buy the bar anyway.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Looking forward to your review Bethany, Thanks for doing a half face trial this should be very interesting. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Is that what you got, Bethany? From my calculations, that's only enough to last two weeks, which may or may not be enough time to see results!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
Is that what you got, Bethany? From my calculations, that's only enough to last two weeks, which may or may not be enough time to see results!

Nope...I got the 25 gram bar because I figured I would need longer to do a trial.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
In another forum, it was suggested that people buy 2 trial size bars at $10 each. That way, you'll at least get past the healing crisis and see if it's worth buying the bigger bar.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
MyBestFriend wrote:
In another forum, it was suggested that people buy 2 trial size bars at $10 each. That way, you'll at least get past the healing crisis and see if it's worth buying the bigger bar.

What did you buy?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
So I've been doing a little research to figure out what possibly causes the lightening effect of the Wonderbar, and it looks like it is the clay.

Fuller's Earth Clay (sold by Mountain Rose Herbs) is well known for lightening. The Moor Clay (like in the Wonderbar) is derived from peat and is very high in nutrients.

This link has a description of a number of clay masks...they said that the Moor clay has been their top seller for 4 years in a row. Shock

Quote:
8 oz. SpaFetish Moor Mud Mask
$56.00

Moor Mud (BALNEO-Peat) is one the most potent natural healing substances on Earth and is one of the world’s most prized ancient medicines. Moor Mud is jet balck in color. It has been used for centuries to balance, detoxify, and tone the body. A real gift or Nature, analysis of Moor Mud shows that it contains over 1000 organic botanicals, trace minerals and elements, enzymes, natural anti-biotics, humic & fulvic acids, vitamins and phyto-hormones. These rich resources are contained in a simple molecular form that is easy for human tissue to absorb. This is the absolute best product that we offer in our product line. It’s sales have been #1 for four consecutive years – hands down!!

http://spafetishboutique.com/facialmasks.html

And here is a Moor bar called "Moorasoap" which sounds very similar to the Wonderbar. They advertise that they have 7 times more Moor than other products, plus they outline a large number of benefits. Worth a read...

http://www.moorasoap.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:

A quick search indicated that there are at least three miracle bars - Mior, Eumora, and Amoorea -- in the clay+algae family.
Update: These products seem to be coming out of Malaysia, sold primarily via MLM. The companies appear to be in competition -- the kind of competition that includes a lot of cross-claims and threats of legal action.

Hmmm...I did not see this MLM mention until now. As a professional product marketer, I am personally NOT a proponent of MLM for a number of reasons. Hopefully they don't offer that sales scenario here in the US.

FYI...Marta at Truth in Aging doesn't appear to have reviewed this yet. She wouldn't like the talc in it though.

Ok...enough sleuthing for now. I'm just going to wait until I get it! Very Happy

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |