Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a check in after 1.5 weeks...the bad news is that I was wearing pink in the Before, and orange in the current. I guess I'll need to be more consistent in the wardrobe arena going forward.

Also, all the little zits are on my nose or my foreheard, so you won't see those here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
wonderbar wrote:
there are several plain moisturizers out there, but here are a few that people have had success with:
cetaphil in a tub
clinique moisture surge- lotion or gel
clinique dramatically different
CeraVe
Kiehl's Ultra Facial
Complex 15
Different oils- Argan Oil, Avocado oil and Olio Lusso (which is SO expensive, but hear it's great) I guess so $135 for 30mlPersonally, the avocado oil broke me out, as did any aveeno products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Olio Lusso ingredients, Wow that's a high price for these oils alright!

Ingredients: 
Jasmine, sweet almond, apricot, jojoba, evening of primrose, rose hip seed, arnica, calendula, neroli, sunflower, and argan.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Ingredients: 
Jasmine, sweet almond, apricot, jojoba, evening of primrose, rose hip seed, arnica, calendula, neroli, sunflower, and argan.

I'll bet some forum members have every one of these ingredients. I have 6 of them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Can you tell me WHY certain ingredients may not be compatible with the WB? The WB ingredients list is pretty short, and I don't understand why things are not compatible with the actives of 1) algae and 2) clay.

2nd on this question, please. I am not really understanding this part of it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Ingredients: 

I'll bet some forum members have every one of these ingredients. I have 6 of them.

We should share I have all but Argan oil! Smile

5% products discount

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

Can you tell me WHY certain ingredients may not be compatible with the WB? The WB ingredients list is pretty short, and I don't understand why things are not compatible with the actives of 1) algae and 2) clay.

2nd on this question, please. I am not really understanding this part of it.

Third on this please, I haven't purchased yet but following closely to decide.

Maybe you could list the ingredients in you sister-in-laws MMU and that may give us a clue to what the incompatible ingredients could be.
Tia2010
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
This is a very interesting thread ! I hadn't heard of the wonderbar until now. ( I think I may have heard the name mentioned to me before ....but never looked into it )

I will be following all the wonderbar users here to see your results.

I'm doing Obagi right now so I have all the uglies and crisis I can handle Rolling Eyes but hey I love to find new things Very Happy

Looking forward to good things for you all Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Tia2010 wrote:

I'm doing Obagi right now so I have all the uglies and crisis I can handle Rolling Eyes but hey I love to find new things Very Happy

Looking forward to good things for you all Smile

LOL. I bet you do have it all going on right now with Obagi, Tia! Laughing
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:10 am      Reply with quote
My skin looks good today, not as dry or flaky. I have two old acne spots that seem to be better (brownish in color now). I am still using some anti-aging stuff, CP's and the new DDF Restoring Night Serum which seems gentle enough. Daytime I am using CeraVe but still searching for a moisturizing physical sunscreen.

5% products discount

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Since I didn’t make the product, I hate to speak in scientific terms, but I can tell you my thoughts on this after watching hundreds of people go through it. First, though, I want to quickly address someone’s question regarding the percentages of the algae and the clay in the bar. Here is the response to that from the manufacturer:
“We cannot disclose the % of the CLO (Chlorey’nahre) & MOOR. But we can tell her this much- we have 5 different algae's that make up the CLO. And we are continuing to improve it! The CLO is the main thing that makes the bar work. Not the MOOR. The MOOR is good, but what sets us apart from any other product in the market is our “CLO (Chlorey’nahre)”. It took extensive research to get to this level and we cannot reveal those exact percentages.”
Ok, so obviously, this is common practice among cosmetic companies to disclose what’s in the bar, but not disclose the “recipe”. The Chlorey’nahre penetrates the skin several layers down and has actual healing properties. At the same time, the base of the bar (which I will describe in further detail in a minute) aids to bring balance back to the skin and the moor detoxifies the skin. The algae in the chlorey’nahre has naturally occurring acids that result in cell turnover. This alone should tell you that adding in other acids like retin-a or AHAs would be too much. From what I can gather about mineral makeups (my sister-in-law was using bare escentuals), not all cause a problem with the Wonderbar, only some. Bismuth Oxychloride could be a problem, but I don’t know for sure. All I know is that the Wonderbar purges the skin by pulling out the toxins. It would appear that certain powders clog the pores, acting like little corks and holding in the toxins. This results in big infections right under the surface of the skin. I have seen COUNTLESS people begin to go through it and stop before it got too bad. My sister-in-law was thinking it was the Wonderbar’s effects and not telling me that she was using the mineral powders. We found out later and then I knew to start asking people. This was not prompted by the manufacturer. We were not warned. This was prompted by the experience with my sis-in-law and then the multiple “bad healing crises” that followed. I am in very close touch with my customer base (you know me Smile ) and so I ask a lot of questions and do a lot of follow-up and have basically gotten to know the product through using it and talking to hundreds of people about exactly how they are using it, what is working, what is not and their results- good and bad. I was told by someone in Los Angeles who goes to a very well known dermatologist there (so this makes it hearsay, but I will share in an effort to further explain my stance on some mineral powders) that since mineral powders are crushed and not manufactured, so they have very jagged edges that get lodged in the pores and are very damaging to our skin. She said that it clogs our pores and can cause acne. I don’t know if this is true, just passing it along. When you look at the reactions I have seen, it makes some sense.
Back to the ingredients list. This should help clarify some things for you as well…..the first line of ingredients in the bar (from the first ingredient all the way through to the talc) are put into the bar as one ingredient. It is the base that is patented and it is put in as a paste. SO, the paste first, THEN the Chlorey’nahre and Heilmoor clay. Someone mentioned that they did not understand how the talc and paraffin could be in such small amounts if they came before the algae and clay on the list…..it’s because they are all put in as one. They put that in the order of percentages present in the base. It’s confusing, but once you know why, then the order makes sense.
I hope I have helped answer all the questions. I hope this doesn’t prompt a million more questions! My twins are turning SIX today and I’m off to make a couple of cakes. I’ll check on you guys tomorrow. Thursday I’m going to NY to do product training at Henri Bendel, so if any of you live in NY, then you can buy the bar locally now. Very Happy
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Tiffany, congrats on the twins' bday and thanks for the info. It was very interesting to hear that the algae is the main driver in the WB's results, as opposed to the clay!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:47 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
bethany wrote:
I'm reporting in from DisneyWorld...where I am currently sporting 4 new zits. Mad Shock Mad

I did not bring my WB with me since I was *supposed* to only be gone one night, but I am trapped here for a 2nd night now. I avoided the MMU and just wore sunscreen, zit coverup, and eye makeup, and will do the same tomorrow. But I will REALLY be glad when this healing crisis is OVER!!!

But shockingly, I am actually looking forward to going home and using the WB so that I can hurry this crisis along. Very Happy Very Happy

I came home tonight, and lathered up with the WB (after first washing to get off all the sunscreen). My face does feel cleaner after using it, and the dryness afterwards has definitely declined.

I have to agree with Renata, who mentioned that the WB really doesn't seem to make blemishes go away any faster (darn it). The first one that popped up for me is STILL there a week+ later. Confused

FYI...I am only using my Nia24 moisturizer, and a combo of Melashade and Nia24 sunscreen. I have not yet added in my regular actives (A and C), nor the Lemon Peel Bioferment.

I used the WB twice yesterday, and no moisturizer last night. Today my skin feels a bit irritated and is a tad redder than usual.

I did examine all the mini-zits closely in my 10x magnifying mirror...they are definitely small (not big deep ones), and all but one are repeat offenders. Mad That means that I have had an outbreak in that identical spot at least once (if not more) in the past...hopefully this will eradicate them. Bad Grin But confirming they they ARE repeat offenders really makes me think (hope) that this is the healing crisis as opposed to the actives in the very limited amount of Nia24 that I have used thus far reacting with the WB.

On a negative note, I had started using the WB on my neck and chest, but stopped about a week when I got the candy cane neck stripes. Unfortunately, the moisture balance I had prior to using the bar has NOT returned, probably because I am not using any products there at all. I'll probably start back up on the WB on the chest area today, but add the neck back in a week later after client visits this upcoming week.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Today I decided to leave the WB on for 45 minutes and those two old ace spots seem even more flakier and brown, can't wait till they peel off and are gone. Smile Haven't had any more pimples either, pores look much "cleaner". All in all, I think the WB is wonders for my skin.

I have these surgical scars on my neck from having my thyroid removed years ago and they are looking better too since using this. Will have to take some photos.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Well, I went out and bought a plain moisturizer from the drugstore last night. I have applied it twice and it burns! I also used a scrub product this morning to try to get some of the sandpaper spots off my skin. I have 3 pimples, 2 above my upper lip and 1 on my chin. The 1 above my lip is already almost faded completely, but the other 2 are bigger and feel just under the skin. I never have breakouts, so this is strange for me (I guess I should say very rarely have breakouts, as I did when I used 302, as well).

Thanks for the explanation, Tiffany. I understand this better now. The concern from adding the different products is too much exfoliation. This bothers me a little, as I will not give up Retin A forever. Nothing in the bar can promote collagen production, and that is what us, uhmm older ladies need!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Thanks for the explanation, Tiffany. I understand this better now. The concern from adding the different products is too much exfoliation. This bothers me a little, as I will not give up Retin A forever. Nothing in the bar can promote collagen production, and that is what us, uhmm older ladies need!

I plan on sticking to the WB without my A and C topicals until my skin finishes purging (which means that I am putting off my dermaroll, sigh). But after that I am definitely adding my actives back in.

And I bet the scrub followed by the moisturizer did sting! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I plan on sticking to the WB without my A and C topicals until my skin finishes purging (which means that I am putting off my dermaroll, sigh). But after that I am definitely adding my actives back in.

Do you mean you are waiting until the breakouts clear?

Well the funny thing was before I even used the scrub, the plain moisturizer burned when I applied it to my skin. I bought Curel, BTW, which to me is about as plain as you can get! At any rate, it was great to get that sandpaper feel off of my skin and for my skin to feel smooth again!
Sunshinetreasure
5% products discount

Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I received my Wonderbar yesterday. I applied and allowed it to dry for about a half hour in the afternoon, then for five minutes several hours later. I then used it for a third time for about 15 minutes just before bedtime. I know -- I always get carried away.

I woke up with extremely dry wrinkled skin under my eye area, but the syringoma that I have tried everything remove seemed to be reduced in size and number. I am worried about the dryness and wrinkles, but I hope that they will disappear after the healing crisis is over. I definitely noticed that my skin looked cleared in some places. Other areas where I previously had acne have small bumps. My face is a bit tender, but I am willing to keep using the product if it will remove layers of acne and bad skin. I really do not look very good right now.
But so far so good, I expected this reaction.

When I rinse the clay off, I splash water on my face and the clay bubbles up. I have been taking the suds of clay and rubbing them on my back and chest area and leaving them on until I shower. I am hoping that this will allow me to reuse the clay without wasting any of the bar. This is a personal experiment; I will let you know how it works.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

Do you mean you are waiting until the breakouts clear?

Well the funny thing was before I even used the scrub, the plain moisturizer burned when I applied it to my skin. I bought Curel, BTW, which to me is about as plain as you can get! At any rate, it was great to get that sandpaper feel off of my skin and for my skin to feel smooth again!

Correct...after the breakouts clear up and stop completely, I will then add my regular actives back in. That way I should be able to tell if they are "incompatible."

My skin is pretty raw feeling today after using the WB twice yesterday, so I can relate. I am going back to using it once per day...pain really isn't on my list of acceptable side effects! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Wonderbar ( Tiffany)

I had a question...Does the wonderbar help reduce /eliminate facial redness ? I am on Obagi condition and enhance right now (day 17) My main concern was/is my redness ( I hate that my face is always red)I haven't been diagnosed with rosacea , but I have no idea if its a mild case or not...I am just always pinkish. Rolling Eyes Embarassed

Also after I'm done Obagi will it be safe to use the wonderbar as my maintenance (I don't want to stay on the hydroquinone after the 18 weeks are up)Can I go right from Obagi to wonderbar or is that just too much for a face to handle? Shock
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still interested in this product.

It would really help those of us on the fence if the users could say how far along they are with using the bar when they give reviews. (ie: Day 8 or Week 2)

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Correct...after the breakouts clear up and stop completely, I will then add my regular actives back in. That way I should be able to tell if they are "incompatible."

My skin is pretty raw feeling today after using the WB twice yesterday, so I can relate. I am going back to using it once per day...pain really isn't on my list of acceptable side effects! Very Happy

That is my plan, as well. I have been using twice a day, but I have been upping the amount of time I keep the WB on. I think I am going to go back to only keeping it on for 5 minutes at a time.

Wonderbar, just a quick question for you. Is there any benefit to leaving the WB on longer than the 5 minutes? Why would you leave it on overnight; would it less the time in the healing crisis?

(ETA: Foxe, that is a good point. I'll stick mine in my sig line, but I started the WB on 4/Cool
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I'm still interested in this product.

It would really help those of us on the fence if the users could say how far along they are with using the bar when they give reviews. (ie: Day 8 or Week 2)

TIA

Foxe, I added my start date to my signature too.

5% products discount

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Regarding the redness/rosacea. Yes, I had mild rosacea, as did my mom, and the Wonderbar has eliminated it. When I was on Obagi prior to starting with the Wonderbar, I had large pores, mild rosacea, oily tzone and thin skin. I was on the hunt for mattifying and pore reducing products- in addition to my Obagi regimen. It was just too much. I started the Wonderbar the day after I finished up the Obagi, so no problem going straight into it. Many Obagi users claim less of a healing crisis due to the use of the retin-a, which exfoliates your skin.
I found right away with Wonderbar that my pores were minimized, skin balanced and redness gone....not to mention my skin feels "thicker".
Rileygirl, I don't know that there is any extra benefit to leaving the product on. Some people just can't....I did from the beginning. I have noticed that sleeping in it can bring on the healing crisis fast and furious. Sleeping in it overnight long-term, once you are adjusted, can cause blackheads from leaving the product on and not exfoliating that skin off, which naturally occurs each time you rinse the product off.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I started on the 8th. The back of my neck is certainly getting the worst of the healing crisis, but I think that's a good thing because that is where I have heavy sun damage. I'm basically using the wonderbar for anti-aging purposes so whether I continue beyond this bar will depend on whether I'm seeing any anti-aging results (neck/lip lines mainly) - although maybe I'm asking too much in six weeks.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |