Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I'm sorry, Frodo. I hear you though. I feel like I look 10 years older, as well. Here's hoping we all look better Very soon.


Ditto...I look like I have a ton of wrinkles that were not there before. Sad

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Posts: 1283
Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I'm sorry, Frodo. I hear you though. I feel like I look 10 years older, as well. Here's hoping we all look better Very soon.


bethany wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
I'm sorry, Frodo. I hear you though. I feel like I look 10 years older, as well. Here's hoping we all look better Very soon.


Ditto...I look like I have a ton of wrinkles that were not there before. Sad


I'm turning 64 in May (singing the tune "when I'm 64") and do not like looking way beyond that. With both of you having the same issues right now with the wrinkles and sagging really is giving me second thoughts about continuing. I'm sick of products that can't do what they do without going thru the uglies. I just know when my HB gets home the first thing he says is "WTH are you doing to your face".

_________________
The best way to locate your cat is to open a can of food.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:


I'm turning 64 in May (singing the tune "when I'm 64") and do not like looking way beyond that. With both of you having the same issues right now with the wrinkles and sagging really is giving me second thoughts about continuing. I'm sick of products that can't do what they do without going thru the uglies. I just know when my HB gets home the first thing he says is "WTH are you doing to your face".


Oh boy. That's not a good thing to hear! I would like to keep going on this to see if it gets better, and actually does what it says it will do. However, I am only willing to stay off my "actives" for 1 month. After that, they are coming back in, as I need that collagen production going! Laughing
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Posts: 594
Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
HHmmm, my skin looks okay, actually even better today and now I'm worried. Although I will admit to using copper peptides a few times and DDF Restoring Night Serum. Also been using Fresh Creme Ancienne when my skin feels very dry. Not sure what will happen next now.

_________________
ReAura/Tria Face & Eye, Baby Quasar MD Plus, Derminator (age 4Cool
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Posts: 1139
Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Day 14 for me - The only place I'm having any reaction now is the back of my neck which is still very red. But I am very careful about not leaving it on longer than 5 minutes.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Day 14 for me - The only place I'm having any reaction now is the back of my neck which is still very red. But I am very careful about not leaving it on longer than 5 minutes.


Do you mean the skin on your face isn't dry or having any reaction?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Posts: 1139
Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Skippie wrote:
Day 14 for me - The only place I'm having any reaction now is the back of my neck which is still very red. But I am very careful about not leaving it on longer than 5 minutes.


Do you mean the skin on your face isn't dry or having any reaction?


Riley - I mean the last couple of days, my face has returned to normal, unlike the first week when it was dry and/or red in spots.
simpleMD
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Posts: 138
Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Shock
I am not using this EVER!!!
...anyone heard or tried Tepezchuite( spelling?) bar ?? I started the same day some of you started using it and my skin is looking better and better every day ...the skin under my eyes was starting to show deeper lines and dark circles they seem lighter to me asnd skin is glowing ACNE CLEARED UP ... and I got that only for few bucks at a local mexican store its amazing am buying the salve/cream they sell and started putting it on under the eye area ...combination has changed the look under the eyes in 1 week....I am amazed....didnt mean to hijack the thread though....if anyone else has used it before I would like to hear from them.....
I hope these uglies subside soon for all of you...

_________________
Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:47 am      Reply with quote
simpleMD

Interesting I wonder if there is any information online? hmm. Smile

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
Star Model
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Posts: 212
Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
simpleMD wrote:
Shock
I am not using this EVER!!!
...anyone heard or tried Tepezchuite( spelling?) bar ?? I started the same day some of you started using it and my skin is looking better and better every day ...the skin under my eyes was starting to show deeper lines and dark circles they seem lighter to me asnd skin is glowing ACNE CLEARED UP ... and I got that only for few bucks at a local mexican store its amazing am buying the salve/cream they sell and started putting it on under the eye area ...combination has changed the look under the eyes in 1 week....I am amazed....didnt mean to hijack the thread though....if anyone else has used it before I would like to hear from them.....
I hope these uglies subside soon for all of you...


Hi SimpleMD, I have read about this bar. I think I am going to try. Thanks for the thumbs up! Very Happy

After using WB for a couple of weeks, there are a few things that I don't really like. #1 is the price??? I still can't justify it.

2nd - the action of the bar is not from the clay or seaweed, it is from the first 2 chemical ingredients in the bar - Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Coco-Sulfate.

While I have not had nearly as bad of a healing crisis as many, I am not getting off unscathed. A few breakouts on my non-breakout prone skin. Shock The reason for the recommendation to NOT use any other exfoliants with this product are that those 2 chemicals which cause the purging action (breakouts) are very strong.

I really like the idea of an all natural product and have found WB to be wicked harsh. It also contains polyglucuronic acid (I think this is what makes the skin feel soft) which is similar in nature to hyaluronic acid which is an ingredient I choose NOT to use on my face. It is damaging in the long run. Also the talc & paraffin are other reasons for me not to use.

So I will probably "deep 6 my little $46 hotel size bar" and try Tepezchuite. At least it is more natural & for a fraction of the cost of WB & 4X the size, it may be gentler on the skin & most definitely the pocket-book!
MyBestFriend
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 02 Apr 2010
Posts: 60
Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I found the following:


The Tepezchuite, in particular, is called “Skin Tree” and was used for skin renewal since before the Spanish conquest. The Mayan civilization highly regarded Mimosa bark due to its regenerative qualities on living tissue. Mimosa pudica has anthelminthic, antibacterial, antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, anti-pyretic, anti-tussive, bactericidal, sedative, relaxing, contraceptive, diuretic, emetic, expectorant, and tonic properties.

Now, I'd like to know if I can buy it in the U.S.
MyBestFriend
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 02 Apr 2010
Posts: 60
Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not allowed to post a web site, so I'll try this instead. I found a web site where this soap can be ordered.

wwwDOTtepezcohuiteDOTcoDOTuk/Tepezcohuite-soap.htm
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Great post, StarModel. I have to agree that this bar is harsh. I would like to keep going just to see if I come to the other side of the "healing crisis", or if any of us come out on the other side!

Has your skin been excessively dry with this bar, or just the breakouts that you don't normally get?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Oct 2007
Posts: 4120
Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Star Model wrote:

2nd - the action of the bar is not from the clay or seaweed, it is from the first 2 chemical ingredients in the bar - Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Coco-Sulfate.




What Science Says About Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

In its final report on the safety of sodium lauryl sulfate, the Journal of the American College of Toxicology notes that this ingredient has a "degenerative effect on the cell membranes because of its protein denaturing properties." What's more, the journal adds, "high levels of skin penetration may occur at even low use concentration."

Interestingly, sodium lauryl sulfate "is used around the world in clinical studies as a skin irritant," notes the journal. The publication expressed additional concerns:

Carcinogenic nitrosamines can form in the manufacturing of sodium lauryl sulfate or by its inter-reaction with other nitrogen-bearing ingredients within a formulation utilizing this ingredient.

Other studies have indicated that sodium lauryl sulfate enters and maintains residual levels in the heart, liver, lungs and brain from skin contact. This poses the question whether it could be a serious potential health threat from its use in shampoos, cleansers, and toothpastes.

Still other research has indicated sodium lauryl sulfate may be damaging to the immune system, especially within the skin. Skin layers may separate and inflame due to its protein denaturing properties.

Although sodium lauryl sulfate is not carcinogenic in experimental studies, it has been shown that it causes severe epidermal changes in the area it is applied, indicating a need for tumor-enhancing assays.

Additional studies have found that sodium lauryl sulfate is heavily deposited on the skin surface and in the hair follicles. Damage to the hair follicle could result from such deposition.

http://www.healthy-communications.com/sodium_lauryl_sulfat%20steinman.htm

Considering 'Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate' is also an anionic surfactant, the dangers are probably quite similar.
http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/Ltoxiccosmetics.htm#6

You guys are stripping all the goodness from your epidermal skin barrier... Shock (Hopefully that's *all* it's doing.)


I've tried hard to keep my 2 cents out of this thread, but seeing what's going on with some, my conscience got the best of me. Anyway it's just MHO and thoughts.

Good luck to all!

_________________
♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
simpleMD
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Posts: 138
Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
okay found the store online with cheapest prices than the local store..I have the salve greenish /purple ointment type thing soap and bark powder ....loving the skin I am in Razz ...
here are the sites I found two where u can order....prices on first one are cheaper than the one at the bottom...products are same...

http://store.healingifts.com/podeteo.html

https://herbsofmexico.com/store/

_________________
Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
simpleMD
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Posts: 138
Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
and why I started using these things because mexican owner lady said you need to try these two items on her recommendation and come back in a week with flawless skin like hers... Laughing
Am happy I listened to her ...google tepezchuite it will give many sites with information cant seem to find the one where a guy said it healed his deep skin ulcers...still looking....

_________________
Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Posts: 1283
Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Star Model wrote:

2nd - the action of the bar is not from the clay or seaweed, it is from the first 2 chemical ingredients in the bar - Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Coco-Sulfate.




What Science Says About Sodium Lauryl Sulfate

In its final report on the safety of sodium lauryl sulfate, the Journal of the American College of Toxicology notes that this ingredient has a "degenerative effect on the cell membranes because of its protein denaturing properties." What's more, the journal adds, "high levels of skin penetration may occur at even low use concentration."

Interestingly, sodium lauryl sulfate "is used around the world in clinical studies as a skin irritant," notes the journal. The publication expressed additional concerns:

Carcinogenic nitrosamines can form in the manufacturing of sodium lauryl sulfate or by its inter-reaction with other nitrogen-bearing ingredients within a formulation utilizing this ingredient.

Other studies have indicated that sodium lauryl sulfate enters and maintains residual levels in the heart, liver, lungs and brain from skin contact. This poses the question whether it could be a serious potential health threat from its use in shampoos, cleansers, and toothpastes.

Still other research has indicated sodium lauryl sulfate may be damaging to the immune system, especially within the skin. Skin layers may separate and inflame due to its protein denaturing properties.

Although sodium lauryl sulfate is not carcinogenic in experimental studies, it has been shown that it causes severe epidermal changes in the area it is applied, indicating a need for tumor-enhancing assays.

Additional studies have found that sodium lauryl sulfate is heavily deposited on the skin surface and in the hair follicles. Damage to the hair follicle could result from such deposition.

http://www.healthy-communications.com/sodium_lauryl_sulfat%20steinman.htm

Considering 'Sodium Cocoyl Sarcosinate' is also an anionic surfactant, the dangers are probably quite similar.
http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/Ltoxiccosmetics.htm#6

You guys are stripping all the goodness from your epidermal skin barrier... Shock (Hopefully that's *all* it's doing.)


I've tried hard to keep my 2 cents out of this thread, but seeing what's going on with some, my conscience got the best of me. Anyway it's just MHO and thoughts.

Good luck to all!


Kassy, I would like to take this moment to thank you for all your postings, especially those that include what I call your expertise in the field of ingredients and what they do. I didn't do my WB routine last night or this morning and after reading this post I have decided to stop completely. Maybe my age has to be figured into what is happening with me, I don't know, it's just a guess. I just don't need anymore of this. My facial skin has never taken to a lot of exfoliation as well as vitamin C. I guess at some point in time I need to famialize myself with Ebay and get rid of my 3 other bars as well as my handbag collection (you have no idea). Shock

_________________
The best way to locate your cat is to open a can of food.
simpleMD
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Posts: 138
Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.healthylifestylefactors.com/tepescohuitepurchase.htm

This site has some information about these products too...

_________________
Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
simpleMD
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Posts: 138
Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Therapeutic effectiveness of a Mimosa tenuiflora cortex extract in venous leg ulceration treatment

Erika Rivera-Arce, Marco Antonio Chávez-Soto, Armando Herrera-Arellano, Silvia Arzate, Juan Agüero, Iris Angélica Feria-Romero, Angélica Cruz-Guzmán and Xavier Lozoya
aLaboratory of Research and Development of Phytomedicines, National Medical Center Siglo XXI, Mexican Institute of Social Security (IMSS), Mexico City, Mexico
bSouth Biomedical Research Center, IMSS, Xochitepec, Morelos, Mexico
cGeneral Regional Hospital No. 1 (HGR No. 1), IMSS, Cuernavaca, Morelos, Mexico
dPh.D. Program in Biological Sciences, Autonomous Metropolitan University (UAM), Mexico City, Mexico
Received 17 April 2006; revised 23 August 2006; accepted 30 August 2006. Available online 9 September 2006.

Abstract

The cortex of Mimosa tenuiflora is a popular remedy utilized in Mexico for the treatment of skin lesions. Modern studies support the existence in this cortex of compounds with cicatrizing properties. In the present study the therapeutic effectiveness of an extract elaborated with this bark in the treatment of venous leg ulceration disease was explored. A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial was conducted with ambulatory patients distributed into two groups, one receiving a hydrogel containing 5% of a crude extract standardized in its tannin concentration (1.8%), while the control group was administered the same hydrogel but without addition of the extract. In both aseptic washings were performed initially followed by topical application of the corresponding hydrogel and dressing. Follow-up lasted 13 weeks and ulcer healing was determined through measurement of the lesion area by digital-photographic parameters. Therapeutic effectiveness occurred in all patients of the extract group; after the 8th treatment week, ulcer size was reduced by 92% as mean value in this group, whereas therapeutic effectiveness was observed only in one patient of the control group (?2, p = 0.0001). No side effects were observed in any patient in either group.

Keywords: Mimosa tenuiflora; Venous leg ulceration disease; Phytomedicine; Complementary and alternative medicine

_________________
Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
simpleMD
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Sep 2008
Posts: 138
Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.mouthstick.net/tipsbits/tepezc~1.htm

_________________
Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
Star Model
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Posts: 212
Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Great post, StarModel. I have to agree that this bar is harsh. I would like to keep going just to see if I come to the other side of the "healing crisis", or if any of us come out on the other side!

Has your skin been excessively dry with this bar, or just the breakouts that you don't normally get?


No Rileygirl, I did NOT have excessive dryness, redness or the wrinkly-look. But I was using only once a day for 5 min (avoiding my eyes) then following with my CPs & Emu Oil. That is what saved my skin.

Ironically, the only 2 ingredients in WB that I would consider using on my face are the "clay & algae". But neither one of them were actually doing much of anything other than *flower-up* the culprits.

I know my own skin & know the difference between purging & actual breakouts from irritants. My red flag went up & I analyzed the bar further & the reaction began to make sense.

What still doesn't make sense to me is the price? Shock
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 13 Feb 2003
Posts: 1077
Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I was really close to trying this, but after reading up on it I have NO desire to!!

My skin looks pretty damn good right now, do not want to mess it up!!

Also, if I have to give up the products I love mut to use a bar cleanser, no thanks!!

Smile
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Apr 2009
Posts: 496
Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Good find on the Tepezcohuite. For that price, I'll give it a try, especially since the ingredients seem at worst benign.

Star, the price is what people will pay. If I were selling a product of this nature, I'd be foolish to ask for any less than I can get, and the higher the price, the more "exclusive" the product seems! I can think of a few "high-end" products that no one would buy if they were on the drugstore shelf in a blister pack selling for $3.99.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Star Model wrote:
No Rileygirl, I did NOT have excessive dryness, redness or the wrinkly-look. But I was using only once a day for 5 min (avoiding my eyes) then following with my CPs & Emu Oil. That is what saved my skin.


Thanks, StarModel. That is very interesting that you did not have any other reaction.

I do agree with you on the price, yet all of us paid it! Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Aug 2009
Posts: 10206
Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
LOL Not me Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Sorry couldn't resist but I am glad I waited! I have to say I don't care about all the fancy packaging in the world or the ridiculous prices, I want good quality ingredients and decent results. I learned late I admit not to buy into all the hype (most of the time) especially at absurd prices for what you get. Smile

_________________
I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DARKSIDE OF THE MOON....
System
Automatic Message
Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



BDB Best Sellers Kit (5 items) Pevonia Spa Clinica Pro Micro-Retinol Essential Moisturizer (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz)