Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ezduzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
mom2eloise I would like to see your pics....I would like to order the wonderbar but the price is holding me back and the bar size. Hope it keeps working well for you.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Mom2eloise - So how exactly has your chest reacted? I also have terrible sun damage on my chest and I never use any cosmetic products on it because I just break out in hives.

I have no intention of using the Wonderbar on my face as I've just had a laser treatment and don't want to stop using my usual products. But I might be willing to give it a go on my chest area.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Josee,

You state two things as scientific "fact":
1) "The epidermis renews itself all the time. In fact, there is a complete renewal of the epidermis several times per year. So there are no "toxins" that somehow have been in the epidermis for decades that the body needs to get rid of. "

My response: I agree with you on the fact that toxins cannot stay in the skin for decades. What I don't agree with is your interpretation of this claim. My understanding of this claim is that they don't mean the toxins have been stored there for years, they mean that toxins have been trapped under the skin for many years, but not the SAME toxins. A steady accumulation of toxins that are there due to our continual use of products that are bad for our skin. In other words, many years of trapped toxins that we are repeatedly putting into our skin, and so our skin is never free of toxins. This is also supported by the fact that some people (my friend) who have taken great care of their skin, never broke out when using the bar. So, I find this Wonderbar claim 100% accurate.
and
2)"Breakouts occur because there is a clogged hair follicle that becomes colonized by bacteria.
I challenge anyone to find me a current dermatology textbook that says that pimples occur because toxins are being "flushed out" "

My response: You stated yourself that "Clay in general, will form a paste with our natural oils and thus then (for e.g. when we use a mask) the oil with gunk, dead cells and TOXINS WILL COME OUT. This is why clay has been used for centuries as a skin cosmetic." Regardless of what you described, I use the product every day and I watched toxins come out with my own eyes and i have to tell you, it felt really good to know my face was getting so decongested. To try and explain it away as the irritants in the bar causing one to breakout doesn't really hold any water. If that were true, the breakouts and irritation would never stop and my children would become irritated, and they haven't. I put the product on them every chance I get. They have never used products with chemicals and they probably don't have toxins that need to come out. Also, when I did use a moisturizer with spf for three days against the recommendation of the company, I broke out after weeks of never having so much as a pimple. Could it be because of the chemicals added to the moisturizer in the form of an spf? I totally buy it. I find this Wonderbar claim also 100% accurate too.

So that leaves us with your interpretation of the herxheimer reaction and how it compares to the reaction our skin goes through when we use a wonderer. I find that the two have remarkable similarities on everything from toxins coming out at a faster rate than normal to any disorder or disease you have getting worse before it gets better. I believe that clay is "detoxifying" and I'm sure many people agree with me. I also believe that the ingredients of the Wonderbar can get into your bloodstream. The good news is, it's not toxic like so many other topicals.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on the breaking out and what causes it in the case of the wonderer. You are talking about what causes a pimple to form on its own. Isn't Wonderbar talking about the toxins and dirt being pulled out by the clay.

Then we have the part where you describe what causes the dryness. You are referring to dryness of the type that people have seen in the past. Isn't this a new ingredient that has never been available in this country? They say that the microalgae heals your skin, so you feel dry initially. Once your skin has healed, you will feel balanced and no longer be dry. Why do people keep saying that the most damaged parts of their skin get the driest when using the Wonderbar? Sounds like the skin that needs to be healed gets the driest. When I get a wound or a scrape, it itches and gets dry as it heals. No one, with the exception of the creator of the algae ingredient, can speak with any credibility on its abilities, unless, of course, one is experiencing them first hand.

I wanted to know why products can be incompatible too, so, I ordered a bar and read the instructional letter. Are there any products out there that can clog your pores? Those would be incompatible for very obvious reasons. Do you think that putting a strong exfoliator on your skin when you are already are using one would be a good idea? So maybe acids or retinols would be incompatible? That's not too much of a stretch. Could it be true that some products have high toxicity levels and that the bar reacts to those toxins by trying to pull them out of your skin? I say it's possible, logical and totally credible and I use the product every day.

I did what I wanted to do, which was stick up for a product that I really love and think works very well. In reading this thread, I didn't feel like some of you were playing fair at all.

* Moderated
MyBestFriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 1:41 am      Reply with quote
If you're a fan of Wonderbar on Facebook, you can see pictures that show how Wonderbar works to clear up eczema in just 6 days. I can't explain HOW it works, but the proof is in the pictures.
TheBaroness
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Against my better judgment and even after reading Josee's very helpful information, I went ahead and got the tiny bar of it to try as a mask for a specific area of my cheek that will just not clear up. I'm so sick of this mess of bumps and the products I'm applying have dried it out, so when I put makeup on that area, it's flaky and bumpy. Ugly as sin too.

I have no hope for this working, but for some reason I broke down and got it anyway. Confused
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 4:22 am      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
Hmmmm.... where I heard this before? In case you didn't know I don't work for EDS, I apparently work for Procyte and have multiple IDs on the EDS forum Laughing

I have a horrible suspicion that you are, in fact, my husband - here to find out exactly how much I'm spending on useless skincare, treatments and gadgets!!! damn you!!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 4:57 am      Reply with quote
As you all know, I like the WB. BUT I'm very turned off by posters who join just to rhapsodize about one product.

I really think the WB needs to be put to the Keliu test. Laughing Laughing So, I'm going to offer my last bar to Keliu - if you want it, Keliu, just send me a PM.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
As you all know, I like the WB. BUT I'm very turned off by posters who join just to rhapsodize about one product.

I really think the WB needs to be put to the Keliu test. Laughing Laughing So, I'm going to offer my last bar to Keliu - if you want it, Keliu, just send me a PM.

Really Skippie!!! I'm going to take you up on that, I'll be PMing you shortly. But take note everyone, I will only be using this on my chest - and I promise to do the whole six week thing and use no other products with it - except some Emu Oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Josee wrote:
Hmmmm.... where I heard this before? In case you didn't know I don't work for EDS, I apparently work for Procyte and have multiple IDs on the EDS forum Laughing

I have a horrible suspicion that you are, in fact, my husband - here to find out exactly how much I'm spending on useless skincare, treatments and gadgets!!! damn you!!! Laughing

OMG, Keliu! I have so missed your sense of humor. You always brighten my day by your wit! Laughing
MyBestFriend
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 5:48 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Skippie wrote:

Really Skippie!!! I'm going to take you up on that, I'll be PMing you shortly. But take note everyone, I will only be using this on my chest - and I promise to do the whole six week thing and use no other products with it - except some Emu Oil.

Keliu, just an observation....the skin on my chest is much more sensitive than my face and reacts much more from the WB than anything I experienced on my face, so be forewarned. My advice would be to not exceed 5 minutes before rinsing at least in the beginning until you know how your skin will react. Please don't flame me, I just don't want you to have a really bad reaction from overuse, that's all.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 6:11 am      Reply with quote
MyBestFriend wrote:
Keliu, just an observation....the skin on my chest is much more sensitive than my face and reacts much more from the WB than anything I experienced on my face, so be forewarned. My advice would be to not exceed 5 minutes before rinsing at least in the beginning until you know how your skin will react. Please don't flame me, I just don't want you to have a really bad reaction from overuse, that's all.

Me too! That's why I said before that I can't put any cosmetic products on my chest - I get hives. I'll tread carefully, and only apply it for 3 mins. I'll be interested to see what happens. Why in heck would I flame you? Shock All advice will be gratefully taken on board.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I'm very turned off by posters who join just to rhapsodize about one product.

I agree. I tend not to trust any "rave" over a product any longer, even from long-time posters, as most of the things I have tried that have been raves don't do anything for my skin. I "try" to sit back and wait to see how the product works for several people before spending my money. I never trust new posters who come on this board raving about only 1 particular product, especially those who get extremely defensive about any questions brought up pertaining to that product. I think Josee brings up good points, and I am all for becoming more informed about products and the science behind them. However, that doesn't mean that I won't try and/or use a product just because the science is not there. The one thing I have learned on this board is that nothing works for everyone.
mom2eloise
5% products discount

Tue May 25, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Mom2eloise - So how exactly has your chest reacted? I also have terrible sun damage on my chest and I never use any cosmetic products on it because I just break out in hives.

My chest area had a definite pinkish/red look to it after about a week of using it but that has gone away. I think a good way to describe the difference I'm seeing in my face/chest area is that my skin has a "finer pores" look to it.

Also, in retrospect, I think I forgot to wash off the WB and slept in it one night so that softball sized area that got red and itchy may very well have been from my sleeping on that side with my head and neck scrunched, giving that area a skin to skin or WB to WB contact resulting in the red area.

I used the magnifying mirror yesterday and I see less blackheads on my chin, alongside the nose/cheek crease area and finally am seeing some difference in the clogged pores/blackheads in that little dent above my upper lip. Nothing has ever had an effect there before!

I do have some dryness and a bit of itchy feeling on my chin, corners of mouth and around the nose, a little flaking, nothing major that would turn me off this product yet.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I understand that they recommend using it for 6 weeks for your skin to be fully balanced, but I sure didn't see anything that said I would be irreparably harmed if I didn't complete the full 6 weeks! Shock

I only used the WB for 4 weeks, but I have noticed that since then everything I put on my eyelids burns. I have never had sensitive skin before, and I honestly would have no clue if this was caused by the WB, but it is strange that this has started happening to me, especially since I do not react to anything. Confused
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 25, 2010 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

I understand that they recommend using it for 6 weeks for your skin to be fully balanced, but I sure didn't see anything that said I would be irreparably harmed if I didn't complete the full 6 weeks! Shock

I only used the WB for 4 weeks, but I have noticed that since then everything I put on my eyelids burns. I have never had sensitive skin before, and I honestly would have no clue if this was caused by the WB, but it is strange that this has started happening to me, especially since I do not react to anything. Confused

Wow...I wonder if this also caused your skin flaking under your jawline? (I'm not buying the other reason)

I would be very selective about what what you use on your eyelids, and consider using some cortisone if you have to for a short time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 27, 2010 7:27 am      Reply with quote
MyBestFriend, I know what you mean, I love this bar. I can care less about what's in it or the science behind it. All I know is that it works and works wonderfully with my skin. I'm even seeing a slight reduction in some undereye wrinkles too.

5% products discount

Thu May 27, 2010 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I was using the Wonderbar and having good results, then my CP's came in, and I went on vacation. Of course this interrupted my routine. For the next week and a half I hardly used WB, and I added CP products. My pores started becoming more noticeable and the texture of my skin was not as good. I am now using the WB, CP's, acids, and Retin-A. I try to rotate them and use the CP's product several hours after the WB, since I want to avoid reactions. My pores look much better and the Wonderbar seems to be continuing the detox process on a few areas of my face. I have found that I do have problems if I wear my make-up immediately after using the Wonderbar. I have decided to wait an hour after use, before putting on makeup. If I have a time crunch, I wait and use the WB in the evening. The rotating combination is working pretty good for me right now.
Sunshinetreasure
5% products discount

Thu May 27, 2010 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I just lied. Shock Shock Shock

Minutes after my last Post, I rinsed off the Wonderbar, and immediately used my CP's.
I will let you know if my face explodes. LOL.
Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Sunshinetreasure - what kind of makeup do you use that you'll notice reactions with the WB?

Also - are you over the 6 wk mark with the WB (and therefore, the healing crisis, too?) I would think it'd be OK to reintroduce actives at that point. It's probably a good idea to wait a bit between applications, though. Keep us informed on that one.

I am in the 3rd week of use myself and I have stopped most of my actives: No Retin A, No Vit C serum, and an occasional use of CPs(to spot treat some blemishes that have popped up so they'll heal faster) I am noticing that my blemishes are healing way faster than normal. Smile I do use a few of my gadgets regularly - the Dermawave and Safetox. I've basically set aside the AALS for now. Plan on using that again around the 6 wk mark.

I did try to use my CPs a few times, but it seemed like it settled down the redness I was experiencing so much of in the beginning way too much. I didn't want to slow down the healing process or extend it, so I've put those actives aside.

Besides, it might be good to take a break anyway - and see if they work better later. Tiffany said that her Vit C seemed to sink in a lot better after the 6 wk mark due to less congestion.

5% products discount

Fri May 28, 2010 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
Using the CPs immediately after the Wonderbar did not cause any problems, but you are right, it may slow down the healing crisis. I just hit the 6-week mark for the WB. I was really good, and followed the instructions for the first 3-4 weeks. For the next week and a half, I often skipped using the WB, and added other products. (When new products arrive in the mail I have an ADD attack.)

I am now trying to use the WB twice a day. I tend to leave it on for a lot longer than 5 minutes, to help speed up the process. My chin and eye area are dry and pealing. I had a similar, but much stronger reaction when I first started using the WB. Even through the dryness my pores look smaller.

I have not had problems with make-up since I started back full force on the WB. It is too soon to tell, but I am hoping that my face has adjusted. I am using Avene tinted sun block, which is too dark, so I mix it with NCN firming liquid minerals. This gives me a light coverage. I am also using DermaBlend cover cream on the red spots that I got form trying the OCM method. Then I use the Dermablend powder to set it.

I am going to guess that the Dermablend powder was the problem, because you have to buff the powder. I vaguely remember Tiffany saying not to use products that you have to buff in. (Is buff the right word? Makes me feel like a car.)

So far of my EDS skincare adventure has been, two-steps forward then one-step back.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 2:20 am      Reply with quote
For eczema I found I had a "exzema like" condition on my elbows.
They were always very red, dry and rough feeling (and I tried at least 20 different things over the years some worked ok,some not).

I tried Badescu healing cream and I know the ingredients that are acive are balsam peru and sulfur.

And when I stopped using this item on vacation (forgot it at home..), me skin startedto bevery dry.

I was also reading Balsam peru is good for inflamation...
I'm tryingto find some placeto get that oil asmaybe mixing it into jojoba sounds good.

I also tried a toner from MB (I had like 25 samples this year Embarassed from 4 orders and asking for extras...)

One thing I tried was they have a toner for acne to use on your body.
It seemed to work well, as I was getting some minor blemishes in the chest area and they are gone now.

They have a face version, and if I were to get this item Ilikd that one betterfor the body.

But I have somuch skin stuff I really do not wantto buy any more toners now.

I think that any toner with AHA or salicilic and antibacterial stuff is probably just as good though.

I'll try and use up my Clinique acne solutions toner instead....
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 5:35 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper - I have a bunch of MB products. I really like their stuff. I haven't been using much of it lately (used it last year, though). I have used the Healing Cream on a few areas - mostly the neck, for the dryness. It did a great job for that. I also have the Drying Cream for blemishes and it's working better now than it did last year while I was using 302.

As far as the toners with BHA or other acids in them - I thought we needed to stay away from those using the WB? Wasn't that something that would bring on too much of the healing crisis (dryness/peeling)?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 5:38 am      Reply with quote
sunshinetreasure - I wouldn't think you would have a problem w/ the powder over all the other makeup you apply. I would think the other liquid stuff would buffer your skin enuf. Hmm hmm

Interesting that you're seeing an increase in the 'HC' with an increase in the time the WB is left on your skin - esp after 6 wks. Does this mean you weren't done w/ the HC yet?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Ottawa Shopper - I have a bunch of MB products. I really like their stuff. I haven't been using much of it lately (used it last year, though). I have used the Healing Cream on a few areas - mostly the neck, for the dryness. It did a great job for that. I also have the Drying Cream for blemishes and it's working better now than it did last year while I was using 302.

As far as the toners with BHA or other acids in them - I thought we needed to stay away from those using the WB? Wasn't that something that would bring on too much of the healing crisis (dryness/peeling)?

I use some of the MB- motstly their blemish stuff (buffering lotion is great,but it is super drying so follow the instructions)
Actually used that 2x a day for 3 days and really burned and dried out myskin Embarassed
Now I am going to follow the actual intructions (ido for everything else though.

I actually use quite a few different brands like for eye creams, "spot treatment" for daytime (still trying to find one I like).

I think I'm too swayed by the good specials at one drugstore near me (they have a beauty boutique w decleor,high end stuff and a point system where you get around 50% off what you spend back in points).

Trying not to buy anymore "stupid useless items,like perfumes or something Laughing

But I figure if I buy cosmetics and get all the money back in points and then use that for actual items I need and house stuff,food..then it doesnot count as buying cosmetics!

My best deals last year were spent !120 on clinique and got $130 back in points

Bought $250 of perfumes (why?/ just cuz...) and got$300 of points back.

Right now for the next month or two just buying food and nothing else!
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Not the Wonderbar here but the Eumora...

The eczema on my hands has gone bonkers after ten days use... very, very bad in some parts and curing in others, parts that were bad are nearly okay and parts that had nothing have flared up Mad Interesting, I'll continue.

Face: Not noticing much except slightly dry and crinkly around eyes and one small pimple. The dryer area is around my left eye which is the eye with more sun damage. Forgot to wash it off two nights ago, so I slept with it on, no problem.

The only thing apart from the soap, that can have made my eczema go crazy is stress with the new puppy! Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |