Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
lynnk - you and I are on the same schedule. I just completed week 5 as well.

My last two weeks have not seen clearer skin. I thought my skin looked awesome week 3 though. I just finished my period, and I wonder if that is why I had breakouts these last 10-14 days. It would make sense. Once my period stopped, the breakouts started clearing up. Other than that, I mainly experienced dryness or redness the first 2 wks.

My neck has not changed much these last few weeks. I feel I can add my actives back to this area for anti-aging purposes. It does feel pretty smooth at least and lost that loose/aged look after the 3rd week.

My chest has shown great strides in improvements, considering it had been diagnosed with Pokiloderma of Civatte. It also went through the roughest healing crisis and looked the worst out of the 3 areas. The skin is feeling so smooth and looks so much better. It also doesn't react to the heat or sun like it use to.

I will reorder this bar.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Day 9 here - no real dryness or anything uncomfortable to report. My cheeks are still full of the red bumps that appeared a couple of months ago and still haven't gone away. I believe they're congested pores. I also had a very large red pimple appear overnight on my cheek.

It's about the middle of the month, so maybe it's a hormonal fluctuation, or the supposed "healing crisis".

I'm thinking if the derm I see in July offers Accutane, I'm just going to go for it and throw all of these supposed skin remedies out the window.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately I was unable to send a message to Wonderbar, something might be wrong with their website. Will keep trying though...
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:26 am      Reply with quote
I spoke to Wonderbar and they were good help in helping my patches. I still love this bar and want to take it with my on vacation, it'll be easier than having to pack lots of stuff up. Today my brown patches are lightening up and my husband also reminded me last night that I am a "slow healer". Every time I get a bruise or cut, it just takes me longer to heal. I've been tested with certain health disorders but all have come back fine, just naturally a slow healer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, trying out the Eumora, not the Wonderbar here... Reason, the Eumora has almost identical ingredients (doesn't specify any patent pending algae, just says "Algae Extract") and I live in Europe, so the Eumora is the one on sale here. I actually contacted Wonderbar and realised I could have bought it with no problem, but I had already purchased the other.
Anyhow, three weeks and two days of use, twice a day:
Face: The dryness around the eyes has more or less gone, it seems to come and go, now the dryness has appeared around my chin area. One pimple every week in odd places (side of nose near the eye, beside my mouth,... gone in a day). Good thing is my sun spots, dark, are lightening quite a bit.
Hands: The eczema seems to have improved quite a bit on my left hand, the skin is dry but the eczema bouts have stopped. On the right hand there are parts that have improved, less red, not itchy, but a couple fingers have flared up and split open in the last two days. Generally all less flaming red though.
That's my update.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, ATester. I ran out of the WB and panicked big time. After three days without it, I could tell a difference on my skin so I had to go ahead and reorder it. Thankfully, it arrived within two days. The back of my neck continues to improve and I'm so happy about that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Thanks for the update, ATester. I ran out of the WB and panicked big time. After three days without it, I could tell a difference on my skin so I had to go ahead and reorder it. Thankfully, it arrived within two days. The back of my neck continues to improve and I'm so happy about that.

That's not good to hear about not using it, skippie. Crying or Very sad I was hoping to go down to 1X/day after getting thru the healing period.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
After three days without it, I could tell a difference on my skin so I had to go ahead and reorder it.

What difference did you notice in your skin from not using the bar, Skippie?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:05 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Skippie wrote:
After three days without it, I could tell a difference on my skin so I had to go ahead and reorder it.

What difference did you notice in your skin from not using the bar, Skippie?

Large pores for one thing. Also the WB gives my skin a clarity and smoothness that I don't get from my other products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:09 am      Reply with quote
Me too Skippie, that's why I can't do without this bar now despite some setbacks.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:

Skippie, my Wonderbar arrived today! Thank you so much - but why are you sending one to me and leaving yourself short? Anyway, I really do appreciate it and am looking forward to trying it out.

I'm only going to use it on my chest because I have just had my face lasered and don't want to mess that up. I never use any products on my chest, except some Macadamia Oil, because the skin there is exceptionally sensitive (and very sun damaged). Using the High Frequency Wand had improved some of the sun damage (the solar keratosis) so it will be interesting to see what the Wonderbar does.

Thanks again Skippie!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:46 am      Reply with quote
It's early yet, but I figured I'd go ahead and give a quick 1 week update. My face was going through an out-of-the-norm dry phase prior to using the Wonderbar (must've been the Roc retinol cream), and it's still dry now. Not uncomfortably so, no flakies or anything like that. I was still getting some oily skin before, but none anymore. I was touching up with powder 2-3 times daily, but now I just use a little bit in the morning to set my makeup. The texture of my skin is still kinda crappy. That happens whenever I use retinol products, and never seems to get better, even after months of use. So hopefully that will improve after a few more weeks of the Wonderbar.
Speaking of makeup, I did stop using my Aromaleigh MMU and switched to a creme foundation, L'Oreal Age Perfect. It's probably a good switch for now anyway; w/the drier skin and not great texture, the minerals weren't looking so hot on me lately anyway. The L'Oreal one is creamy and hydrating, which feels like what my skin needs right now, and it's also doing a better job of covering up my melasma. I also stopped using the Roc retinol cream.
In an attempt to try and avoid any uncomfortably dry peely skin, I'm loading up on moisturizers. At night, after washing off the WB, I put a little bit of jojoba oil on while my face is still wet. After that's sunk in a bit, I put some Weleda skin food on. In the mornings, I also use a bit of jojoba, followed by Burnout Ocean Tested SS.
I have started getting some pimples coming up. As others have noted, they seem to go away pretty quickly w/out really coming to a head, which is great. I'm spot treating with a sulfur based product by Clearasil. It's tinted, so goes well under makeup.
No improvement to report in any area yet, but I didn't expect any so early on anyway. We'll see what the next few weeks will bring!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Skippie, my Wonderbar arrived today! Thank you so much - but why are you sending one to me and leaving yourself short?

Lots of reasons, but mainly just because . . .

I hope it'll help with your sun damage, Keliu. I'm looking forward to your updates.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Week 1: I really don't have much to report!!! This in itself is something of a miracle - because as I've stated before, I'm unable to use products on my chest because my skin is so sensitive there. I don't even use soap or shower gel. All I use is some moisturising oil and sunscreen in the am.

The first three days I left the product on for three minutes. As there has been no reaction, I am now leaving it on for five minutes, then washing it off in the shower. Afterwards, I apply a little Macadamia Oil.

I have had no reaction to the product at all - no redness, no itching, no breakouts. In fact, my skin is feeling quite smooth. My chest skin was covered in Solar Keratosis - previous to trialling the Wonderbar I've was using some Solaraze Gel and using my high frequency device to treat them. All the rough raised bumps have now gone. I'm hoping that the Wonderbar will continue to improve this new smoothness of the skin.

So, so far, so good. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:33 am      Reply with quote
That's amazing that you are having no reaction Kelilu, I hope that continues, and you get some great results at the same time! Smile Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Smile Keep us all posted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I hope you have good results, Keliu. I think I really messed my skin up with the Wonderbar to be honest with you. I have a feeling the WB really compromised my skin barrier. I have had sensitive skin with those patchy sandpaper areas since I quit using the bar. I have never had sensitive skin in my life before, but I do now. I hope I did not permanently damage my skin by using it.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I hope you have good results, Keliu. I think I really messed my skin up with the Wonderbar to be honest with you. I have a feeling the WB really compromised my skin barrier. I have had sensitive skin with those patchy sandpaper areas since I quit using the bar. I have never had sensitive skin in my life before, but I do now. I hope I did not permanently damage my skin by using it.

I sure hope that all returns to normal for you Riley! That is so strange and kind of scary as you don't tend to react to much of anything negatively!?! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I sure hope that all returns to normal for you Riley! That is so strange and kind of scary as you don't tend to react to much of anything negatively!?! Shock

I know. I have never had sensitive skin my life before. Hoping it will return to normal, as well.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad I read these boards! No way am I going to try it.

I was curious to try it when it first came out, do not want to risk it.

I know others have good results, but my skin is pretty good right now, do not want to mess it up. Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
lipglossdoll wrote:
I'm glad I read these boards! No way am I going to try it.

I was curious to try it when it first came out, do not want to risk it.

I know others have good results, but my skin is pretty good right now, do not want to mess it up. Smile

I hear you on that, I took a wait and see approach on this.

I am very happy for those that are having such great results, but after reading the not good experiences of others I am glad I didn't jump to try it! I have normal and non-reactive skin but I won't risk it either. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Under my eyes STILL does not look like it did before using the WB, and it has been close to 2 months since I stopped.

I may use it on just my pigmented spots since I have it, but I'll have to think carefully about that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Under my eyes STILL does not look like it did before using the WB, and it has been close to 2 months since I stopped.

I may use it on just my pigmented spots since I have it, but I'll have to think carefully about that.

I am sorry to hear that Bethany. Maybe there is an ingredient or a combo of ingredients in the bar that we are more sensitive to than others?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

I am sorry to hear that Bethany. Maybe there is an ingredient or a combo of ingredients in the bar that we are more sensitive to than others?

Ditto Bethany!

It sure seems that something is not agreeing with either of your skin?!?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

Ditto Bethany!

It sure seems that something is not agreeing with either of your skin?!?

The bar seems to have fabulous results for some, and crappy for others. Unfortunately, Riley and I got the crappy straws on this draw!

But I'm really not sure why, other than that I think it is just too drying and stripping for some people. And once your skin barrier is compromised, it can take a long time to heal. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu - I have such a sensitive chest and it has reacted really well to the bar. More so than the 302 products and others I've used in the past.

It was really bumpy and had redness from sun damage. It reacted very badly in the beginning though - so different than your reaction. But - I really like how things are turning around. This is the smoothest it has ever felt. It still gets red from the shower and heat. And the heat from the sun also gets it red. I believe it is still improving, so I will continue.

I am on my 2nd bar right now. It's been 6 wks since I started the first bar. (It only lasted that long). I did use it on 3 areas, so 6 wks is pretty good I think.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |