Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Getting a Facelift Next Thurs. NERVOUS!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I haven't posted much since last summer when I got a series of peels and filler....everyone was so supportive, so now I'm getting a face lift next week. YIKES....it's really a transformational step so I thought I'd check in with you guys here.

The surgeon I'm seeing only does faces and necks. I've talked to him twice at length about how I don't want to look done, I don't want the skin on bone look around my eyes, I want my eyes to look like MY eyes, etc...I told him it's like salt you can always add more but you can't take it out.

So I'm getting upper eye bleph (conservative) with upper eye lift, mid face lift, neck lipo with platysmaplasty, and Artefill under my eyes and around the chin area, and botox on forehead.

I'm nervous because, I live by myself and run a biz by myself, there's just no way I could have trained someone to do my daily stuff, so do you think I will be able to do some work the first couple of days? I need to process stuff from my computer and then the friend that's helping me can take care of it.

Also I'm nervous because I have CFS problems and taking low dose hydrocortisone and my CFS doctor told me I would feel like I did a really hard work out for a few weeks from the anesthesia.

Finally I'm nervous because it's just nerve wracking to undergo something like this. Nervous but excited if that makes sense.

And the filler/peels I did last year really were 100% worth it and made such a difference in my confidence etc. But I'll be 60 in Sept. so it's time. My younger friend is calling it "preventative" which cracks me up!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
How exciting!

I have Fibro (with CFS as my primary symptom) and had an extensive septum repair done almost 3 years ago. The surgery was 4+ hours, and not to scare you, but I functioned at a MUCH lower level for the next 9-12 months. But hopefully you will be under anesthesia for far less time.

You should be able to do a few things the first few days, but honestly not very much. I actually was completely out of commission for the first seven days after my surgery and had to have someone stay with me 24/7. Just be sure you don't over do it, because it will slow your healing.

The one thing I would say about your approach with your surgeon is to make sure that "conservative" is not TOO conservative. My mom said basically the same things to her doctor, and at the end of the day you couldn't even tell that she had a facelift...it was TOO conservative.

So be conservative, but get your money's worth!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
oh! wishing you all the best Smile hope you come back and give us updates!

I need some help with sagging, but feel I am not yet in need of surgery, so I am going to make do for now with some of the newer, volumizing fillers and possibly chin & neck Vaser lipo...

This is exciting Smile

Hats off to you!

BF
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
How exciting!

I have Fibro (with CFS as my primary symptom) and had an extensive septum repair done almost 3 years ago. The surgery was 4+ hours, and not to scare you, but I functioned at a MUCH lower level for the next 9-12 months. But hopefully you will be under anesthesia for far less time.

You should be able to do a few things the first few days, but honestly not very much. I actually was completely out of commission for the first seven days after my surgery and had to have someone stay with me 24/7. Just be sure you don't over do it, because it will slow your healing.

The one thing I would say about your approach with your surgeon is to make sure that "conservative" is not TOO conservative. My mom said basically the same things to her doctor, and at the end of the day you couldn't even tell that she had a facelift...it was TOO conservative.

So be conservative, but get your money's worth!

That's right!

I also had a mini-lift last year and to me it seems that I had nothing done today when I look myself at the mirror. Maybe doctors don't want to pull too much to give us a fake look. My marionette lines came back with a vengeance, I actually did not have any before the mini. How did this happen??? Sad

Secretly, hopefully, you've seen many, many pictures of this doctor's work. If you haven't that would be a red flag! Just my two cents.

Good luck and keep us posted, please!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:18 am      Reply with quote
All the best with it - how exciting - I'm green with envy!

Like Bethany said, I wouldn't count on being able to do too much after the surgery. You'll probably feel like you've been run over by a truck - and rest is going to be the best thing for you.

Looking forward to hearing how it all goes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Secretly,
It's good to hear from you again! I think this sounds like an exciting prospect for you. I remember reading all about your peels and getting ready for your son's upcoming wedding. Hope all went well with that.

I'll look forward to hearing about your post-op
and healing experiences! Take care and best wishes for a successful "lift!"

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I am so excited for you. Good luck on everything and please take lots of pictures, before, after and during!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I had a face lift 2 years ago and was very disappointed as there really was no difference. A big waste of money.

As far as working right after.......in my case I wasn't able nor did I want to do anything but sleep. It's quite a jolt to the system and besides, rest is very necessary for the healing process. It was a good week before I was up and about. I thank God for having a husband who was absolutely wonderful thru my ordeal. I would have never gone thru this if he wasn't there for me.

Hope everything you wish for comes true for you in regards to results with all that you are having done.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the input and good wishes. Bethany, your reply has scared me a little.....I will most def follow your advice, my eyes will be done with sedation/local and then I'll get general for neck and face. So about 2 hours on each.

After I had the peels/filler I didn't feel worse and they were a little brutal. But I didn't look great at my son's wedding because my skin was so fresh and still raw/red/shiny.

It looks so much better now but I still have acne scars which PS said would be much improved and then he'll fix what he can with the Artefill. I'm thrilled to pieces that he can do Artefill under my eyes!! My PS told me women would kill for my cheekbones, I have good bones from Polish heritage, but really horrible under eyes from same bone structure. I will EMPHASIZE to him I don't want him to be too conservative. I've seen his pics and here's his site:

http://www.drhilinski.com/Face_Lift_01.html

In November I started an alkalizing diet for my CFS, human growth hormone, and low dose hydrocortisone, B shots, and many new supplements. I lost 10 pounds so very happy w/wieght now, feeling almost normal re: CFS, but I still have those days where I realize I need to slow down. I'm taking a supplement with MSM, glucosamine, chondriton, and hyluronic acid for joints/pain, and D-Ribose, L-Glutamine, L-Carnitine for muscle pain. All my pain probs increased w/increased activity. Walk/yoga/weight training.

I'm working on being a spokesperson for CFS. I've written one book on fatigue and working now on a "HOW TO RECOVER" book with my CFS doctor. With my new look I'll be posting videos on my blog and on YouTube to get the ball rolling. This is a hideously disabling illness with nearly ZERO awareness in the community and also terribly wrong/bad/injurious tx by most doctors who don't really get it at all.

Kims I remember you too and everyone else, I haven't been on forums because I have computer vision syndrome from too much work, and my eyes are in so much pain much of the time after working I just want to close my eyes!!!

Can someone tell me how to post pics and I'll post a couple befores. Thanks again everyone this is such a friendly group.

Frodo and Margarett, I would be so bummed if I go through this and no result....!!! There are so many risks I guess that's another reason I'm nervous.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
I also have CFS and have had two operations since being diagnosed. After the first one I was scared to move incase all my stiches fell out, so didn't walk around much consequently it took me nearly a year to recover from the anesthetic. After the second one I had learned my lesson and made sure I got up and walked around every hour or so, increased it as I got better and within a week I noticed a big difference. Obviously don't overdo it, but I think as long as your not doing anything strenuous it will help you recover quicker.
Best of luck!
bordnfl2
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to give you best wishes. My sis had a facelift last year which was a full facelift, eyes, chin implant, etc. Like you, she did not want to look different or pulled, just refreshed.

She had a very easy recovery which surprised me. Most of her stitches were internal, under the skin, etc. I did not see her but saw pictures and the bruising was minimal and basically around her eyes.

Anyway, I know you have special circumstances with the CFS. By the way, I was diagnosed in 1991 with Fibro after having been sick since 88. I was sick for 12 years and they told me I had Epstein Barr too. In 2000 I had a remission for some reason and have been okay since. Getting out of the mortgage industry must have agreed with me Wink Good luck with the results and recovery.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:06 am      Reply with quote
i feel/believe that you will have a very successful facelift experience...but being realistic about recovery time doesn't mean you are not having a positive mental attitude.... if you prepare yourself for the reality of the post-op..that way your total experience will be even better still.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Bermie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add my best wishes with it all!

I have Fibro too, Mad and I would love a facelift, Wink if only I could afford it!

I do think you will need lots of rest, try not to do too much, but I am sure your body will guide you, just listen to it.

I am due to have a hysterectomy in 3 and a half weeks Sad so am not looking forward to that, at least you will have something good to look forward to at the end of it all, try to think of the positives and be kind to yourself.

big hugs to you..xx
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone. I agree that moving helps with post extertional malaise which by and large for people with CFS is lactic acidosis, and moving around helps clear it from the body. My CFS is what my doctor calls "stable" in that everything I'm doing makes me feel pretty well most of the time. I am afraid of stressors to my body though, because it's so unpredictable.

I feel really confident in this surgeon, but not too confident in the person who will help me the first couple of days. I tried to talk her through saving an attachment and opening it in another program and after an hour on the phone I finally told her, "I'm simply astonished at the degree of your computer disability."

I think I will have to suck it up and do any sort of processing, but she can put things together after that.

When I talked to my PS about not looking done I asked him, "do people come in and ask for that look or is it bad surgery?" he said both, that when someone comes in and says they want 30 years off their face it's impossible but that women do asked to get stretched as much as possible and also it's lack of ability on the drs. part. He told me 10 days of down time, so the actual physical recovery isn't much worse than the peels I went through.

I tried to take some before pics and was pretty bummed at how bad I look in them. So I'll wait to post befores and afters at the same time. Gosh aging is really frightening especially when you find yourself looking like your mom who you had huge issues with!!!!

Sorry Bermie to hear you have to have surgery, I hope you sail through with flying colors.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Someone recently suggested that it was a good idea to "embrace aging." I didn't respond but told myself that aging and I were never going to have a kissy-huggy kind of relationship.

I know what you mean about looking like your mother, except mine has had so much PS that I'm pretty sure I will never look like her. Best of luck with your procedures. I am looking forward to seeing your gorgeous afters!
secretly
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
Someone recently suggested that it was a good idea to "embrace aging." I didn't respond but told myself that aging and I were never going to have a kissy-huggy kind of relationship.

Laughing that is so funny! I'll probably have a "cold and distant" relationship with aging, just like I had with my mom coincidentally!!!!

I have a friend who thinks aging gracefully means throwing in the towel and not caring anymore. I think it's more taking care of your body, eating well, being a better person than you were, and doing a few tweaks here and there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
As far as people looking "done" is concerned - I think allot of the time it's due to having multiple procedures and not knowing when enough is enough. This is the problem of many of the celebrities who have the money to pay for multiple surgeries and surgeons who are too eager to take it - instead of doing their job properly.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, secretly. Just wanted to wish you great results with your procedures! (I prod my jowls on a daily basis -- like poking a sore tooth -- and wonder how long I can continue to fool myself that they're not that bad yet.)

Anyway, just wanted to second the suggestions to move around frequently during your recovery. I'll add "stay well hydrated". I only had a measly upper/lower bleph done two years ago under twilight anesthetic. Even the smallest amount of sedation knocks me out and, aside from the times I was icing my eyes, I was asleep for almost three days. This may sound like too much information, but after moving very little for that length of time and not taking in much liquid, I realized I had a frightening case of constipation. Shock Believe me, you do not want to strain if you've got stitches in your face (or elsewhere). I felt like an idiot! (Apologies if I've grossed anyone out, but thought it worth mentioning.)

You're going to look beautiful -- just rest, drink and move. I'm so looking forward to seeing your pictures.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Also, avoid salt (starting NOW!!) because it will increase your fluid retention. You may have drains in place at first, but once those are gone, you could turn into a puff head. Shock

Now if only I could follow that advice myself...I eat a low salt diet, but when I drink a Diet Coke there are bags under my eyes the next morning that could be checked at an airport! Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'd also advise taking Arnica supplements - they prevent swelling and bruising.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I'd also advise taking Arnica supplements - they prevent swelling and bruising.

Topical Arnica Gel is also good...I used this brand after my nose surgery to get rid of bruising, and now keep it around for first aid uses as well.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/189-2184484-2824157?asin=B0011DKN3Y&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=|B0011DKN3Y&CPNG=health%20beauty&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

5% products discount

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
You sound like you know what you want and need...but do not have it all in place yet. Please do not think you will be able to work for the next several days after your surgery. If it were a knee or hand that would be different. But the face tends to swell and has it's own set of issues that the rest of the body (well, the feet also) has. You still have time to find someone else for your computer work or just spend a lot more time with the person you already have. Your peace of mind and ability to rest after the surgery is imparitive to your healing and better out come of the experience. Every time you are "knocked out" for surgery it takes a toll on your entire system. And already having underlying conditions (even if they are semi-undercontrol at present) could make your recovery prolonged. Do not think you are going to be able to cook and clean and work for the first few days...and actually I am surprised your PS has not given you a long list of do's and dont's for pre and post surgery. You are going to be beautiful and surprised after you have healed...but do not think this is going to be even close to the recovery after a major peel or laser treatment that just crusts and peels and make you red for a few weeks. No comparison! Best wishes and get your plan in order so you can welcome the change and not worry about anything for the first 2-4 days. Smile
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Excited for you and hope that you have a easy recovery. I have never had a face lift but it seems like you will not be able to do much of anything first few days. Hope you have someone staying with you first week or so in case of an emergency! I hate aging and instead of embracing it I am going to fight it as much as I can! Best of luck and let us know how you are doing.
Aimee3
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add my best wishes to a successful operation and beautiful new you! When I had my eyes done, I found they were extremely sensitive to light, and would have excessive tears like crazy for 2 weeks if not more. I had to wear sunglasses in my house! However, with a face lift at the same time, I am not sure you will even be able to wear any glasses, so be sure to ask your doctor about this if you normally wear prescription glasses and/or if you eyes become sensitive to light.

Will you be staying overnight with a nurse the first night? In my neck of the woods, the doctors require a nurse to be with you the first 24 hours.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Ok you're right I don't think I will be able to do much of anything. I'm just going to rely on the person whose going to stay with me. I do have the Arnica, going to start taking it tomorrow and I have the gel too for afterward.

I only have to look at the "old" me for 2 more days!!!! Have to be at the clinic at 7:30 am and the surgery starts at 8 so they will whisk me in there which is just fine. No time to get flustered and worried.

I do have terrible problems with my eyes. Dry eyes and I have computer vision syndrome which is like carpal tunnel of the eyes. It's ridiculously painful and at times disabling. I need this time away from the computer to try and heal from that too a little.

Thanks for all the good wishes. I will take some before pics to post with the afters, does anyone know how to put images into posts?

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |