Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Please introduce me to Rachel Weisz's surgeon
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:57 am      Reply with quote
or Nigella Lawson's Very Happy

http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/celebs/photos/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=23756336&page=2
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Madonna's pictures usually look a little weird. But on these slides, she looks like she had some nice fillers (semi-puffy cheeks) and a mini-lift. Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:44 am      Reply with quote
essq2w3e4r wrote:
Madonna's pictures usually look a little weird. But on these slides, she looks like she had some nice fillers (semi-puffy cheeks) and a mini-lift. Question

Yeah, on these slides Madonna looks the worse, it doesn't look like she ages naturally like Sharon Stone or Michelle Pfeiffer.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I doubt either of those two are aging completely naturally either.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Oh wow, I can't believe Johnny Depp is 46! Some of those celebrities really do look their age in my opinion, but have just aged gracefully.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Rachel Weisz is gorgeous. I met her last year when she was in London for a Streetcar Named Desire. She really does look 25, her skin is amazing. Very radiant, she is also a very nice woman to speak to.

Apparently, she uses Murad skincare and applys lots of sunscreen.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Pictures might be photoshopped, so you wouldn't know, how they look like in reality. I saw my hero Davie Bowie on concert, and he pretty much looked like his age. The same goes for gorgeous Helen Mirren.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I think they all look the age they're at. Its the hair folks. Shoulder length hair is youthful. Always the hair and a full face of makeup will make you look good. Oh yes and good looks help too.
bellableu
5% products discount

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I love both Helen Mirren and Susan Sarandon ... they both look absolutely FANTASTIC and wholly natural. These are two very confident & beautiful women.

I always find these lists (well, the captions for them anyway) rather disturbing - why is it so shocking that someone who is 40 looks 'young'? I'm 40 - this is what we look like. We have a few lines around the eyes, maybe on the forehead and such, but not smoking helps, and avoiding lots of sun damage helps. The comments the rags attach to the pics just rehash the silly idea that 40 is OLD. Oy.

41 y.o., fair, dry, sensitive, mild to moderate rosacea (inflammatory *and* flushing). Minimalist approach to skincare is working for me. Interested in gentle anti-aging treatments (acupressure, massage, exercise, LED) Smile
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that Rachel Weisz looks very young but that is because she is young. She just turned 40 and it also helps that she has a very pretty face. I am not a movie star nor do I have a ton of money to spend on procedures but when I was 40 most people thought I was in my late 20's. It has lots to do with the genes. Movie stars start having all kinds of procedures very early on and those who do not, look very much their age.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
bellableu wrote:

I always find these lists (well, the captions for them anyway) rather disturbing - why is it so shocking that someone who is 40 looks 'young'?

From a Hollywood perspective, once a woman passes the age of 35, she has traditionally had one foot in the grave, professionally speaking. Much has been written on this topic, noting the number of women who are cast as mothers of men their own age, and the increasing invisibility of women as they get older.

Seems as though this may be the first time in history that women haven't completely vanished from the public eye when they've hit middle age, perhaps because of the availability of various youth-stretching treatments. Madonna is over 50 and she's not stuck playing grandma roles in family movies. There are plenty of women celebs in their 40s and 50s, perhaps not as well known, but also not relegated to the character roles.

So women are making progress, although the flip side is that too much depends on how we look. But I guess that's why we're all here.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
My guess is that they are using sunscreen? Maybe not all of us will look that good, but at least we tried and remembered to live our life fully.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |