Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Shaving peach fuzzy facial hair
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:45 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever done this, I would imagine it grows back thicker?
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:14 am      Reply with quote
No...it ABSOLUTELY will not grow back thicker or courser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:33 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
No...it ABSOLUTELY will not grow back thicker or courser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally agree MG, but I don't think you are passionate enough about the subject! Joking Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Have done this for years and never had it grow back darker or thicker.Someone started a thread so time back on this and had alot of input.
mrsMiss

Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Let's hear how everyone really feels about it! j/k. I agree, it will not grow back thicker. It's an old wives tale.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:

Totally agree MG, but I don't think you are passionate enough about the subject! Joking Smile

hehe DM...its a Mars in Scorpio thing! I feel like if you aren't real dramatic responding to this subject, they might not believe you!!!
Rolling Eyes

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Here Zelda...an old thread on this subject. Mind you, I don't personally recommend shaving for hair removal, but its a fantastic skincare practice.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19049&highlight=shave+face

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:

hehe DM...its a Mars in Scorpio thing! I feel like if you aren't real dramatic responding to this subject, they might not believe you!!!
Rolling Eyes

LMAO MG I know I just had to rib you a tiny bit!!!!!!!!!!! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
You could try threading - using sewing thread held taut in your hands to 'roll' across your face. Prevents the nicks.
gimidalight
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Would you not get stubble when it started to grow back? I know leg hair would be thicker, but mine are like sandpaper when they start to grow back. What about laser hair removal, or something more permenant?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:45 am      Reply with quote
gimidalight wrote:
Would you not get stubble when it started to grow back? I know leg hair would be thicker, but mine are like sandpaper when they start to grow back. What about laser hair removal, or something more permenant?

It's not thicker, it's because it's cut off and not the natural taper of a new hair like if it was waxed off down in the root. Most who are doing this are also doing so for the exfoliation. Check the thread mountaingirl linked too. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
I do a ton of facial waxings. It is very popular, it doesn't grow stuble and you don't have to do it as often. Very Happy

5% products discount

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I've been so inspired by this post and the previous shaving thread that I decided to try shaving this morning!

I've got a fair amount of blonde fuzz which I've always hated and it got worse after my son was born, but I've got very sensitive skin that is prone to eczema so couldn't use cream or wax.
I never really thought of shaving but the threads got me v excited about it so I took the plunge.

I used a new 3 blade razor that I use for legs and dry shaved very lightly. Well my face feels so smooth and clean, I can't believe that I haven't tried this before.

I was very careful to do it lightly and downwards and to moisturise afterwards, used Emulator oil. Guess what, no rash and no irritation....yay!

I'm hoping for no stubbly regrowth but I like the feel of it so much I'll prob try and do it daily.

Thanks so much to everyone who shared their experiences and gave me courage to try this! You all rock!! Very Happy
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Jules...I don't know your age, but I hope you are young because starting this practice early on will save your skin over the longhaul. I waited until my early 40's, but even still, now at 57, my skin looks pretty damn good. I woke up this morning with the peelies from overdoing my Retin A this week, and I just shaved that flakey skin right off. It left me smooth and silky. Its da bomb! Wink

Miss Tina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
So I should do this for someone in my late 20's!!!!

Dry shaving is the best if one is sensitive to creams or wax?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:04 am      Reply with quote
Dry shaving is great. I didn't start doing it "dry" until I posted that other thread and some ladies mentioned dry shaving. I definitely think you get more exfoliation that way...and yes, the earlier you start this practice, the better.

jules2202
5% products discount

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:10 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Jules...I don't know your age, but I hope you are young because starting this practice early on will save your skin over the longhaul. I waited until my early 40's, but even still, now at 57, my skin looks pretty damn good. I woke up this morning with the peelies from overdoing my Retin A this week, and I just shaved that flakey skin right off. It left me smooth and silky. Its da bomb! Wink

Oh I wish I was....just turned 40! But better late than never though. Luckily my skin is fairly wrinkle free and am hoping it will stay this way with some effort.

Thanks for sharing your experiences Mountain Girl...it was your pic that made me take the plunge! Your skin is amazing.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:30 am      Reply with quote
I really would not risk shaving the peach fuzzies on the face. I tried shaving the mustache area, and it does grow back thicker and longer. Now I have to plug it out. I don't want to have to do that on the rest of my face, too.
gossamerwings
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've read the entire shaving thread and have some comments:

1. My father and I have the same exact legs. We look alike below the hips. He has never shaved his legs, and I have shaved mine. I do not notice that my legs look fantasically younger than his, they look no more than they should look younger than his. I have never noticed that womens legs in general look more youthful than their male counterparts, in spite of the fact that most women daily "exfoliate" their legs with the use of a razor. So I'm not buying that this makes mens lower faces look better than womens.

2. Is it really proven that men do look better than women in aging? I've noticed quite the opposite in my small realm. Women tend to be more conscientious of their diets, and tend to eat healthier. I think they look more trim and well, younger.

3. I can say from personal experience that anyone who wishes to try this and decides to stop- you can easily turn back. On and off through my life I have given up shaving my legs for some duration because the hair on my body is very light and very fine.

4. When I did have hair on my legs (college), I was generally told by men that my legs were softer and more luxurious than the skin of my shaving female peers.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your thoughts Gossamerwings....but I don't think legs show the aging process as much as the face. I do know the skin on my legs looks waaaaaaay better than the skin on my arms. I started shaving my legs in my teens, but didn't start shaving my arms until my 40's. Sun exposure has probably played a part too, but definitely shaving has served my legs well. I don't agree that women age better than their male counterparts altho' they certainly tend to take better care of themselves Wink . I wish it was so, but unfortunately I haven't observed this. Every derm doc will tell you, that exfoliation is crucial in rejuvenating the skin. Personally, I think shaving it is the least abrasive, cheapest, most effective means of doing it! Very Happy
To each his own!

jules2202
5% products discount

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:41 am      Reply with quote
Just thought I'd give an update a few weeks on from my first shave.

My hair is growing back very slowly and really unnoticeable. I've got very light blonde hair so the regrowth is light. It doesn't seem any thicker, in fact it seems a lot lighter than before.

I only need to shave every 3 days to maintain a smooth face and my skin is looking great. It is much easier to apply creams and make up and the tone and texture of my skin is so much better as well.

I'm really happy that I tried this as I hated the moustache and sideburns I had!!! I couldn't use anything else due to my skin flaring up.

I can't speak for anyone with dark hair but I'd definitely recommend trying this if you want an effective way of removing hair and improving your skin tone.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:30 am      Reply with quote
I dry shave everywhere and I love it. Of course stubble results but you gotta keep doing it. So every couple of weeks a few swipes across the chin, cheeks and jaw and how easy and quick. No redness or irritation. Perfect.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |