Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Crepey eyelids - any nonsurgical methods to tighten? tks

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Please let me know if you've ever had a medium peel or any other type of procedure that helps with this - not time yet for a scalpel.

Thanks, BF
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Is it just the texture, or do you need a lift as well?

I was able to avoid a bleph by doing some basic eye exercises...now my eye liner no longer rubs off on my upper lid.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:29 am      Reply with quote
...very slight lift needed (hence my desire to avoid the knife) - just the skin is changing, getting that wrinkly crepey look.

This skin looks different from the rest of my face because I don't treat it the same (avoid many topicals or procedures here because, well, the skin above the eyes is very thin and sensitive and don't want topicals leaking down into my eyes)

Tks, BF
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:57 am      Reply with quote
You may want to read the copper peptide thread as foxe discusses improving her eyelids (with a similar problem as you state) and doing so successfully with Super GHK CP and then some CP's indicated for use around the eye tissues.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I've actually seen photos of great before and afters from laser procedures. They are pretty intense and costly but it beats nipping and tucking.

I've noticed this on myself in the past year. I have allergies so I rub my eyes quite a bit over the course of the day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
eyelift surgery is probably the easiest procedure to undergo...I should know I have done it all. if you just do the uppers you will be healed in a couple of weeks and the diference can be very dramatic and take 10 yrs off your face overnight.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
barefootgirl - I had been contemplating an upper bleph when I tried CPs on my lids. They improved enuf to call off that SX for a while. Smile

I had hooded eyelids from my youth (as seen in my kindergarten pic), but the texture of them had gotten worse and they also were drooping more - enuf that you couldn't see any shadow on the lower half of the lid(almost resting on the lashes). The skin would drag along with the sponge applicater when I applied shadow and when I pinched the skin it stayed in that position for several seconds.

All this improved after using CPs. I no longer had the skin drag along with the sponge, and I could see some of the lower lid again (the skin lifted/tightened up). The texture greatly improved. And it seemed to spring right back when I pinched it.

I did a lot of research on CPs before I started using them. I went a with a very gentle route to avoid 'uglies' that can happen whe the CPs are used too fast.

I started with the Super GHK (sample size), and then moved up to the Night Eyes Premier and then the Night Eyes. I never diluted these. I did see some 'uglies' when I moved up to the stronger CP, but that always went away when my skin adjusted to the strength. I would back off a little for a couple of days to get over the 'hump'.

mid 50's, fair skin, very oily, few fine lines (thanks to the oily skin & little tanning!), vertical lip lines, crows feet & 11's, fighting aging! Using Palancia HF, dermarollers, CPs, Retin A Micro, Safetox, AALS, Clairsonic
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Please let me know if you've ever had a medium peel or any other type of procedure that helps with this - not time yet for a scalpel.

Thanks, BF

Yes, I had a laser peel on the upper lids and it tightened them up and got rid of the crepey look. My PS (who performed the procedure) said the skin wasn't loose enough for a blepheroplasty (and I preferred the peel anyway).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:14 am      Reply with quote
tessera wrote:

Yes, I had a laser peel on the upper lids and it tightened them up and got rid of the crepey look. My PS (who performed the procedure) said the skin wasn't loose enough for a blepheroplasty (and I preferred the peel anyway).

do you know what type of laser peel it was?
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Wow, this is really good news - two things that work Smile

Yes! Please let us know what type of laser that was!

BF
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:04 am      Reply with quote
What about facial exercises/massage? There seem to be some people who have great success with both of those (me included).
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Wow, this is really good news - two things that work Smile

Yes! Please let us know what type of laser that was!

BF

BF - I'm not sure which two things you were referring to here (but am kinda sure one is laser)

IF you do go w/ a laser, the CPs would be the perfect companion to that. They really help skin heal after peels and lasers and with their own skin firming qualities, it would be a great pair. CPs are strong anti-inflammatories as well as remodeling agents.

mid 50's, fair skin, very oily, few fine lines (thanks to the oily skin & little tanning!), vertical lip lines, crows feet & 11's, fighting aging! Using Palancia HF, dermarollers, CPs, Retin A Micro, Safetox, AALS, Clairsonic
Autumn1995
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
barefootgirl - I had been contemplating an upper bleph when I tried CPs on my lids. They improved enuf to call off that SX for a while. Smile

I had hooded eyelids from my youth (as seen in my kindergarten pic), but the texture of them had gotten worse and they also were drooping more - enuf that you couldn't see any shadow on the lower half of the lid(almost resting on the lashes). The skin would drag along with the sponge applicater when I applied shadow and when I pinched the skin it stayed in that position for several seconds.

All this improved after using CPs. I no longer had the skin drag along with the sponge, and I could see some of the lower lid again (the skin lifted/tightened up). The texture greatly improved. And it seemed to spring right back when I pinched it.

I did a lot of research on CPs before I started using them. I went a with a very gentle route to avoid 'uglies' that can happen whe the CPs are used too fast.

I started with the Super GHK (sample size), and then moved up to the Night Eyes Premier and then the Night Eyes. I never diluted these. I did see some 'uglies' when I moved up to the stronger CP, but that always went away when my skin adjusted to the strength. I would back off a little for a couple of days to get over the 'hump'.

Foxe:

I wanted to thank you for all your posts on CPs.

I have been thinking about adding this to my routine for a while. I will continue to read up on this, but I do think it would be worth it to drop the C serum in my routine and add Skin Biology CP slooowly.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Donell Brightening Cream (1 oz) Pür Minerals Correcting Primer Redness Reducer - Green (30 ml / 1 floz) Bioelements All Things Pure Cleanser (103 ml / 3.5 floz)