Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

lip stains?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering if any of you ladies have come across a good lip stain?
I'm looking for one that can be worn everyday, with minimal reapplication (I'll be spending my time running around in the hospital), and one that doesn't require the most baby soft lips (I tried one before, can't remember the brand, but my lips weren't 100% exfoliated and the stain just seemed to stick to every flake :S)

thanks!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I own several different brands and I wipe my lips first with a moist wash cloth. The most important thing I find is a nice gloss over the stain to keep my lips nice and moist, the color lasts me most of the day and just a quick dab of gloss a couple of times a day. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Lip stains and stayon lipsticks dry out your lips, so you need to keep putting on lip gloss, or lip balm throughout the day. If I don't my lip get really bad.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:40 am      Reply with quote
gimidalight wrote:
Lip stains and stayon lipsticks dry out your lips, so you need to keep putting on lip gloss, or lip balm throughout the day. If I don't my lip get really bad.

I agree on the "everlasting lipsticks" but have never had my lipstains dry my lips, I just like the look of some gloss over them. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I think any stain will accentuate dryness.

I have tried many different stains and currently I'm really liking one by Cover Girl. Its super easy to apply and they have a nice color selection.

You may also want to consider Smashbox O Gloss. It kind of like a mood lip gloss.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:47 am      Reply with quote
A couple years back I started chronicling a lot of different lip stains in this thread, and plenty of people weighed in -- perhaps there's some useful info for you there!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks ginnielizz! I've just ordered the Avon Tintmarker in the Berry shade since it was only $7!

Looks like the Vincent Longo was the most highly recommended in that thread last time around, so I'll have to make a trip to Sephora and pick one up! Are you still using the VL?
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale has just released a range of lip stains with a gloss that goes over it, its great, not drying and really stays on. Unfortunately there are only 3 colors available at this stage
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:08 am      Reply with quote
HannaLee, Sephora actually no longer carries Vincent Longo. (Major bummer, I know!) But if you sign up on VL's website, they sometimes send free shipping codes or discount coupons via email. Good luck and let me know how it works out!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:16 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
HannaLee, Sephora actually no longer carries Vincent Longo. (Major bummer, I know!) But if you sign up on VL's website, they sometimes send free shipping codes or discount coupons via email. Good luck and let me know how it works out!

That is a bummer, I have about 3 VL lip stains and love them, all I purchased from Sephora. Thanks ginnielizz now I know where to check when I need replacements! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Other vendors (Ulta?) may still carry them. I hate how Sephora gets rid of my fave lines! Fekkai is gone from there now too. Sad

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:43 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Other vendors (Ulta?) may still carry them. I hate how Sephora gets rid of my fave lines! Fekkai is gone from there now too. Sad

Oh I agree, I have purchased from them for years and in the last couple of years tons of my favorite brands have disappeared from their site? I find I order much less from them recently! Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:52 am      Reply with quote
boooo! Does the VL site ship to Canada??
*off to check now!!*

I was looking into the Benetint as it seems to be a cult fave, but it seems odd to me...I'm not a huge fan of the rose scent, and it looks like nail polish in its applicator...how that'd be a good lip applicator is beyond me Rolling Eyes
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Sephora still has Stainiac by The Balm which I have used and like, you might want to take a peek? Smile

Stainiac
The perfect pop of color for your cheeks and lips, Stainiac hint of tint is perfect for all skin tones. Simply dab a touch onto your cheeks for a sheer wash of color or layer for added intensity. And the best part? Stainiac is formulated to give you more time before the stain sets, so it won't streak.
Size: 0.3 oz

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P104014&categoryId=C8360&shouldPaginate=true

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I've tried it and didn't love it, mostly because of the texture and non-long-lastingness (heh, new word there). VL stains were far less noticeable in texture and far more durable -- but what I like about Stainiac is that the colors aren't quite as dark.

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:29 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
I've tried it and didn't love it, mostly because of the texture and non-long-lastingness (heh, new word there). VL stains were far less noticeable in texture and far more durable -- but what I like about Stainiac is that the colors aren't quite as dark.

I agree the VL are much more vibrant, I like the Stainiac for daytime casual color. I am a total lip stain junkie, I prefer them to lipstick any time! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:34 am      Reply with quote
I know! Seriously, DM, you should check all the suggestions in that other thread too. I got lots of great info there from other members!

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:41 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
I know! Seriously, DM, you should check all the suggestions in that other thread too. I got lots of great info there from other members!

I have read part of it but not the whole thread, I will have to go and check it out thoroughly. Smile Oh Boy, I need more lip stains like a hole in the head, but..... Bad Grin LOL

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
wow, i saw this thread an was taken back to when i used to mes about with my mums lipstick at 10 yrs old,, lol 16 years ago.

she had some lipsticks and all you had to do was tap your lips/fingers/hands etc with them and you would have the colour on you untill the following day.. especially the reds.

hmm i think i might take a look in to thins, id love a nice pinky lip stain, so all i have to do is apply a lip balm or some thing.. by the way mama cocos (vanilla mint my fave) have such lovely lip balms, very rich and they smell very nice, very edible smell, i got mine from ebay ages ago and still have them

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Lise Watier just came out with some. They look like markers, but are long wearing and come in a variety of shades.

(just got these a few weeks ago at my Shoppers Drug Mart). Very Happy
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier has some nice stains. They come in a pot. A drawback as I don't like stained fingers so use a brush. Nice colours and texture, not dry. Lasting power isn't the best but I think that the not drying out my lips is more important.
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I love the application of the VL stains, but unfortunately never could find a color that looked good on me. They were all too bright or garish against my very fair skin, probably because I have very pale lips as well. The two that I use frequently are CoverGirl and Pixi's Lip Blush. Both of these are the marker style which is just okay in my opinion, but the colors are very natural. Staying power is pretty good also. I'm still always on the search for something longer lasting though.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Now I am intrigued by the VL, but very hard to track down online (even the website was down; I saw a cached version!). It would be great to see them in person because the colors look so different on the few websites that do sell the VL.

P.S. Once had a thing for a VL lip gel named Terra. Of course, it was discontinued after I bought it once. Really sad.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Here is a link with 5 pages of lip stains and reviews, a nice read to see some of what is out there. Smile

http://www.totalbeauty.com/reviews/makeup/lip_stain

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:45 am      Reply with quote
This is such a great resource, DM! I am going to have to read them all thoroughly someday when I have more time! Laughing

System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |