Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Glycolic acid and Copper peptides??? Help for a newbie!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
momtofive
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I just found this website, and love it. Stayed up way past my bedtime a few times soaking up info! Smile But I am a bit confused on two things. I would like to try the Glycolic acid peel, but am overwhelmed with the sheer volume of website that sell it. Can someone point me to a website they use (that has budget friendly prices)and what strength I should get for virgin skin? Also I looked on the skin biology (I think that is what is was called) and looked for copper peptides. I have droopy upper eyelids that need tightening, and honestly was lost when looking for which product to buy, and if I can only get one for now which would be the best? One last question, sorry!, should I do the peel before the CP treatment?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hello and Welcome,

I would suggest that you ask on this thread, someone with a lot of experience with CP's especially Skinbiology will answer, just may have to wait until one is on board! Smile

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=37752&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=150

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
momtofive, for the glycolic peels you can try makeup artists choice or platinum skin care. Many people get their peels there. The both offer a range of strengths and also offer sample sizes for you to try them out and see how your skin responds.

The CP's can be put on after a peel to help in the healing process for the peel. Definitely check out the link DM posted for the CP thread!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah Riley,
Always there to answer and help, she's a real doll! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you both!! I'm a little nervous about the CO now, since some people ended up for more sagging and my eyelids are saggy enough. Are there any alternatives to CP, such as a super strong firming cream?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
momtofive wrote:
Thank you both!! I'm a little nervous about the CO now, since some people ended up for more sagging and my eyelids are saggy enough. Are there any alternatives to CP, such as a super strong firming cream?

I think a lot of us are looking for that product! I tried the new Aveeno (vitality I think?). Anyway supposed to help with elastin and product results in 4 weeks. Nothing for me, unfortunately! I am still looking. There are temporary things that work. the PSF Cranberry product definitely tightens that area, but it is temporary. PerfectComplexion's Ha Soy lift works, as well, but I think that is temporary also - not positive on that one. It is all trial and error, unfortunately!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Yeah Riley,

Thank you, DM. That is very sweet of you to say!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Yeah Riley,

Thank you, DM. That is very sweet of you to say!

Just telling the truth Ms. Riley! Smile

Boy are you right about the eye firming, that seems to be my eternal search! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

Boy are you right about the eye firming, that seems to be my eternal search! Rolling Eyes

It is for me, as well. That and the dreaded lip lines. The search continues!
momtofive
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much! Even if it is temporary, I would be thrilled Smile I rarely get carded anymore, the cashier just looks at my face as they scan the alcohol, and okays the purchase without id'ing me, it really stings!! lol But when I do get carded I'm on cloud nine and hubby really doesn't get it Wink
sofiya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
please let us know the truth. Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:53 am      Reply with quote
momtofive wrote:
Thank you so much! Even if it is temporary, I would be thrilled Smile I rarely get carded anymore, the cashier just looks at my face as they scan the alcohol, and okays the purchase without id'ing me, it really stings!! lol But when I do get carded I'm on cloud nine and hubby really doesn't get it Wink

Well, men just don't get it, do they? Laughing

Let us know what you try and if it works for you!
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:16 am      Reply with quote
momtofive wrote:
I just found this website, and love it. Stayed up way past my bedtime a few times soaking up info! Smile But I am a bit confused on two things. I would like to try the Glycolic acid peel, but am overwhelmed with the sheer volume of website that sell it. Can someone point me to a website they use (that has budget friendly prices)and what strength I should get for virgin skin? Also I looked on the skin biology (I think that is what is was called) and looked for copper peptides. I have droopy upper eyelids that need tightening, and honestly was lost when looking for which product to buy, and if I can only get one for now which would be the best? One last question, sorry!, should I do the peel before the CP treatment?

Hi Momtofive Smile ,

I can help you out a little with your eyes. Start off with Super GHK, either Serum or Cream or CP Night Eyes Premier. CP's are very strong remodeling agents that need to be respected by going *slow*.

The eyes are particularly fragile with the skin being thinner than the rest of the face. Going too strong with CPs will be counterproductive. The process is slow but the results are real. You are actually remodeling the skin as opposed to just "temporary fixes".

Two Timing Tightener Serum (DMAE) is ideal to use on top of your CPs for a wonderful lift and tightening effect. In time, CPs will tightening your skin to the point you no longer need the TTT.

The link that DM posted is very informative and worth reading to help better understand the process.

Hope that Helps!
momtofive
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you ladies! I ordered the peel, and will order the other items next week (darn waiting for payday! lol). I shall update with the results of the peel/CP/crannyberry, and also will go out of my way to buy booze to see if I get carded more often and post those results as well lol!!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
momtofive wrote:
Thank you ladies! I ordered the peel, and will order the other items next week (darn waiting for payday! lol). I shall update with the results of the peel/CP/crannyberry, and also will go out of my way to buy booze to see if I get carded more often and post those results as well lol!!!

Good luck, momtofive! Keep us posted. Don't buy too much booze as that will defeat your anti-aging efforts! Laughing
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yea, wishin' ya luck momtofive. FYI - I got carded after using the CPs for 4 months! They thought I was younger than 35 (49 at the time)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Yea, wishin' ya luck momtofive. FYI - I got carded after using the CPs for 4 months! They thought I was younger than 35 (49 at the time)

I'm waiting for that moment!!! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:

You and me, both! Laughing
momtofive
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
momtofive wrote:

Good luck, momtofive! Keep us posted. Don't buy too much booze as that will defeat your anti-aging efforts! Laughing

Not to mention bad for the waistline!! lol I do cook with wine a lot for marinades and such.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
momtofive wrote:

Not to mention bad for the waistline!! lol

That, too! Laughing
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:29 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
kims wrote:

Me three. May I?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:02 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
kims wrote:

Me three. May I?

But of course! The more the merrier! Very Happy
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:06 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
summer2004 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
kims wrote:

Me three. May I?

But of course! The more the merrier! Very Happy

Well then Me Four! Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I got my peel today, and it is actually lactic acid rather than gylcolic acid? Not sure how I made that much of a blunder. But I have it, so tried it this morning. I applied with but no frosting anywhere, so did another round. It burned like **** but no frosting. It was suggested to leave on for 3 to 5 minutes, but I did a little longer since there was no frosting and the burning even took some time. The strength listed is 50%. I also applied it to my breast for stretch marks and right hip area. NO Burning, or anything there, so that may be a wash. I have a TCA peel coming any day, and I will try that on the stretch marks to teach them who's boss lol.Right now my face is lathered up with lotion, but is already feeling tight, so I have hope Smile

Another question, can I mix acids? Such a 1 part lactic to 1 part TCA to make a peel stronger than the former but weaker than the latter?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:21 am      Reply with quote
momtofive wrote:
I got my peel today, and it is actually lactic acid rather than gylcolic acid? Not sure how I made that much of a blunder. But I have it, so tried it this morning. I applied with but no frosting anywhere, so did another round. It burned like **** but no frosting. It was suggested to leave on for 3 to 5 minutes, but I did a little longer since there was no frosting and the burning even took some time. The strength listed is 50%. I also applied it to my breast for stretch marks and right hip area. NO Burning, or anything there, so that may be a wash. I have a TCA peel coming any day, and I will try that on the stretch marks to teach them who's boss lol.Right now my face is lathered up with lotion, but is already feeling tight, so I have hope Smile

Another question, can I mix acids? Such a 1 part lactic to 1 part TCA to make a peel stronger than the former but weaker than the latter?

You will never have frosting with Lactic acid or glycolic acid. Only TCA frosts the skin. Did you do 2 layers of 50% LA on your face? I have a feeling you will probably have a few raw spots from that, so you may want to get yourself some Aquaphor or Neosporin, and use a Zinc based product if that happens.

As far as mixing, I am sure it can be done. You will probably need to read up on that. There is a Jessner's peel which is a combo peel, but I can't remember what the combo is! Keep us posted on how your skin is after the LA peel!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |