Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tria Clarifying System Blue Light
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bonnie
5% products discount

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

Looks like Tria (the people who do the at home laser hair removal) has released a blue light called their Clarifying System. They claim to be the only "Professional Strength Blue Light Avilable" and an "FDA cleared" system. Not sure if I'm able to post their website (mods please remove if this is not acceptable), but here it is: www.triabeauty.com

I know the members of this forum have a lot of experience with light therapy, so I was wondering if you all have looked into this one at all? How does it compare to other systems like Lightstim, Baby Quasar, Verilux Clearwave, etc?

One bad thing about this system is that it relies on "Treatment Cartridges" sort of similar to Zeno. So, the device will only last a certain amount of time until you'll need to purchase another cartridge. I don't understand how that is even applicable with a light system, but... ::shrug::

Any opinions are welcome! I'm finding my skin getting worse and worse as I get older, so I am considering a light therapy system.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Bonnie

I don't the device is available anywhere for at least another 26 days - if you look at the Tria web site - it is counting down to when the device is released for sale. No price listed yet.

I have joined the Tria mailing list if I get any further information I will let you know.

My partner suffers with breakout and although we have a blue light source that works - the treatment time is 15 mins - Tria say their treatment works in two x 2 mins sessions once a day.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Price just confirmed $395.00.

Available from QVC.

Details at:

http://www.triabeauty.com/info/the-tria-skin-clarifying-system-tria-acne-treatment-system.htm

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi there,

For a device that is effective on acne, I would highly recommend getting a professional grade high frequency device. These are similar to DermaWands, except their frequency is higher. They are discussed on this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18205&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=200

I used to get quite a few cystic pimples on my cheeks & chin, which I had a hard time treating because my skin was also very dry. However, since I've gotten this device, my skin has done a complete turnaround-- the texture is much more refined, and I'm not getting breakouts anymore. The occasional pimple is very easily resolved in about 1-2 days.

If you've had a facial at a spa, this device is the same as the "zapper tool" that the aesthetician uses to clear the skin at the end.

Also, the high frequency device can come with your choice of either an argon electrode or a neon electrode. The neon electrode glows orange-red when it is used & supposedly better for anti-aging. The argon electrode glows blue & is supposed to be better for acne. However, I have the neon & it seems to work just fine on my *former* acne.

Hope this helps!

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Bonnie wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Looks like Tria (the people who do the at home laser hair removal) has released a blue light called their Clarifying System. They claim to be the only "Professional Strength Blue Light Avilable" and an "FDA cleared" system. Not sure if I'm able to post their website (mods please remove if this is not acceptable), but here it is: www.triabeauty.com

I know the members of this forum have a lot of experience with light therapy, so I was wondering if you all have looked into this one at all? How does it compare to other systems like Lightstim, Baby Quasar, Verilux Clearwave, etc?

One bad thing about this system is that it relies on "Treatment Cartridges" sort of similar to Zeno. So, the device will only last a certain amount of time until you'll need to purchase another cartridge. I don't understand how that is even applicable with a light system, but... ::shrug::

Any opinions are welcome! I'm finding my skin getting worse and worse as I get older, so I am considering a light therapy system.

I am put off by the cartridges - I have asked Tria Customer Support what the cartridges do - but they just said they need replacing every 300 minutes - which is about every 8 weeks.

I have decided to buy my partner the Omnilux Clear-U - which is the blue led version of the New-U - a friend of mine runs a clinic and they have the full size Omnilux blue device and this machine really does work - the Clear-U has the same medical grade LEDS and you don't need to buy a replacement cartridge every 8 weeks.

Will report back on the Clear-U when he gets it.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 15, 2010 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I was just looking at this system on line. I'm not fond of the idea of having the buy replacement cartridges or buy the 'kit'. However the treatment time is much less for this device.

The Tria is 5 minutes daily for entire face vs 5 or more minutes per area for other LED's. This makes it tempting.

It emits 415mn of blue light. But if I remember correctly it should be at least 450nm to be effective? Does anyone know for sure on the blue light?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 15, 2010 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I was just looking at this system on line. I'm not fond of the idea of having the buy replacement cartridges or buy the 'kit'. However the treatment time is much less for this device.

The Tria is 5 minutes daily for entire face vs 5 or more minutes per area for other LED's. This makes it tempting.

It emits 415mn of blue light. But if I remember correctly it should be at least 450nm to be effective? Does anyone know for sure on the blue light?

GirlieGirl, from what I can remember from all the paper work with one of my products which we use to treat breakouts - the wavelength should be withing 405 to 420 nm.

HTH

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 15, 2010 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks PQ. I maybe thinking of red or amber.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 16, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
If anyone is interested, the airing on QVC will be Thurs, May 20, 7:00 AM EST.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |