Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Cellcosmet Eye Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:12 pm      Reply with quote
As I have said in my other Cellcosmet reviews, I wanted to try this line so badly I PURCHASED a Cellcosmet trial kit here in Japan. I paid 4,000 yen (about CA$32) and got a pot of Ultra Vital, pot of Eye Cream and 1 vial of the Elasto-Collagen.

For my review of the Eye Cream (which will probably give Mabsy a heart attack), I have also pasted in my "first impression" and "one-week update" from my original thread "Cellcosmet excitement!! yipee!!" (http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3367)

FIRST IMPRESSION:
Eye cream: seems to melt into the skin, but again with the scent....

ONE WEEK UPDATE:
Eye cream: I think I will get a good month out of the trial pot. It is a light cream that "melts" when touched (I quickly spread the cream between my ring fingers before patting on) Does not feel heavy at all but not sure how I would like it in summer. My face perspires a lot and I have always been adverse to creams. Re effects, even though I have been operating on about 4-5 hrs sleep a night the last week my eyes are not as puffy in the morning as I would have thought. Lack of sleep is the only time I get puffy eyes, so this week has been a good test. Too early to judge it on wrinkles yet.

FINAL DECISION:
I used this for 2 weeks, but I stopped when my skin broke out (presumedly) from the Ultra Vital. In addition to the forehead and nose problems, I developed a similar problem around the outer corner of my eyes. The only thing I can think of was that it came from this cream.

My seemingly personal problem with this product aside, these are what I saw as positives and negatives:

Postives: sunk into skin quickly without residue; seemed to keep skin supple

Negatives: could not get past that perfume; price

Yes, I had success with less morning puffiness and yes, a lot of people say it is good for dark circles, but I just don't think it could justify the price tag. I think there are a lot of other eye products out there that can do just as well that cost a fraction of the price.

It has taken 2 weeks and a couple of microdermabrasion treatments to get my eye area back to "normal". At the moment, I have just gone back to using the camilia oil and dermabutter on the eye area (when I apply these to the face, I rub together in my hand to "spread" it out and then gently pat on my face, so at the end just also gently pat over my eye area), but I have some new eye products in the EDS order I did a few days ago: Decleor firming eye gel and also the MD Formulations Vit-A (to try and help with Milia).

I am also now toying with JB Okusil and eyelid ampules. I also have the Babor sensational eyes on my "must try" list.. and the Molton Brown Eye Rescue Ultra-cool.

I have been through four different eye creams, including Cellcosmet, in one year (also tried Thalgo eye cream - WAY to fragranced, Suzanne Somers duo - YUK, and La Mer - nice, but it could well have been a milia contributor as I had never noticed them before I used La Mer!) and I still have not found anything better than what I have returned to now.

Yes, I am an eye cream junkie, always in search of the elusive miracle elixer that will soften lines, keep the area smooth, NOT give me milia and if by chance it happens to lift they eye lids a bit that is a huge bonus.
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim - very nice review. I have been using Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream for about a month now. It's not heavy, easy to spread around the eyes, however, (like you) the smell is too strong for me. I dont have wrinkles, most of my problems are from lack of sleep, so dark circles and puffiness. After a month use of this eye cream, I do notice less puffiness in the morning. But, like you, I am not sure if this benefit justifies its price. I tried Babor sensational eyes fluid few months back. I really like the fluid, non-oil feel, but it's not cheap either, the bottle only lasted about 5 weeks. Recently I read so much about JB line, Okusil oil. Please let us know how you like it if you get to try it in the future. I am still in search for my fave eye product. Think
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Yesterday, I was given 2 sample tubes of Origins "No Puffery Cooling mask for puffy eyes" (I had just purchased 2 bottles of their "Peace of Mind On-the-spot relief" for hubby and me - which is WONDERFUL stuff)

The lady gave them to me because I spend long, long hours in front of a PC and she said it is good for tired eyes.

I am going to try it as a nightly 10min treatment this week and will update. (apparently, it can also be used "sparingly" and left on all day). It is only an under-eye treatment though.
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
Yesterday, I was given 2 sample tubes of Origins "No Puffery Cooling mask for puffy eyes" (I had just purchased 2 bottles of their "Peace of Mind On-the-spot relief" for hubby and me - which is WONDERFUL stuff)

The lady gave them to me because I spend long, long hours in front of a PC and she said it is good for tired eyes.

I am going to try it as a nightly 10min treatment this week and will update. (apparently, it can also be used "sparingly" and left on all day). It is only an under-eye treatment though.

tiger_tim - cant wait to hear the results. I am in great need of finding something that can help my puffie.
Mogwai
5% products discount

Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Cellcosmet for about a month too, and I have to say I love it. It works great on the fine lines under and around my eyes. I like the scent too. I had slight puffiness in the morning before, now that's totally gone. Dark circles weren't really an issue for me.

I do wish I knew of something that would work as well, but cost less.
Mabsy

Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Oh dear! I'm sorry you didn't like this Tiger_Tim - glad that you found that our by using a sample rather than a full size though! Smile

This is still my fave eye cream (and I love the scent but I'm not sensitive to fragrances in products, although even I have my limits! Smile and I love the texture and the effects that it gives. I can live with the fact that it won't agree with everyone though Laughing

Have you tried the Babor Sensational Eyes cream? Very nice, quite light, and not as fragranced.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:36 am      Reply with quote
I think I asked the EDS ladies for a sample with my last order. I cannot remember what samples I requested, but I know I did ask for a few Babor ones.
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
This is one of the eye creams on my short list for purchase and I love to see these reviews. I do have a couple of questions. First on the fragrance. Can you give me an idea what sort of fragrance problems it seems to have. Is is perfumey and just an unpleasant scent that you notice while wearing it? Or is it so strong it irritates the eyes or makes them water from just the scent alone and/or from some sort of strongly scented ingredients that run into the eyes themselves and cause irritation? I ask this because a perfumey scent might not bother me, but I do have sensitive eyes when eye creams with strong ingredients are around my eyes or run into them and make them red, watery, and burn.

My other question is on where around your eyes you can use this product. Those that are just for the orbital bone area are no good to me since my deepest lines are right under my eyes and where I need a cream the most. I also need to be able to put it in the inner corners of my eyes to at least attempt to help with the dark areas there.

I hope all that makes sense. I am on an eye cream mission and the options seem endless sometimes.
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
marella wrote:
This is one of the eye creams on my short list for purchase and I love to see these reviews. I do have a couple of questions. First on the fragrance. Can you give me an idea what sort of fragrance problems it seems to have. Is is perfumey and just an unpleasant scent that you notice while wearing it? Or is it so strong it irritates the eyes or makes them water from just the scent alone and/or from some sort of strongly scented ingredients that run into the eyes themselves and cause irritation? I ask this because a perfumey scent might not bother me, but I do have sensitive eyes when eye creams with strong ingredients are around my eyes or run into them and make them red, watery, and burn.

My other question is on where around your eyes you can use this product. Those that are just for the orbital bone area are no good to me since my deepest lines are right under my eyes and where I need a cream the most. I also need to be able to put it in the inner corners of my eyes to at least attempt to help with the dark areas there.

I hope all that makes sense. I am on an eye cream mission and the options seem endless sometimes.

It's just strong perfumey scent, no watery eyes or anything. This eye cream is very smooth and light but not too light.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Yep, no watery eyes or anything just too strong a perfume smell (not a natural kind of smell) for me. The texture did seem nice though.
jcw
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:35 am      Reply with quote
I have nearly forgotten how strong the perfume scent is of this eye cream until I've had a break from it for a few days. Don't get me wrong though as it is a very pleasant smell that doesn't linger once applied. It is in a cream formula but is surprisingly light. I only use it on the bottom part of my eyes and have not had any breakouts. I'm really lemming this and will be my next purchase. Many thanks to the EDS staff for sending me a sample Smile
marella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Happygirl

Thanks for the reply. Glad to know about the fragrance. It doesn't sound like something that would bother me. I am hoping for a sample with my order and am keeping my fingers crossed.
kpka
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
I got my cellcosmet eye cream a week ago and so far I am very happy with it. I have been using shiseido beneficiance for more than 5 years and was looking for something new. Shiseido is a an excellent rich eye cream but I was not happy about few line under my eyes Shock When I ordered cellcosmet eye cream I was a little worried in the beginning because some reviewers said that it was not enough moisturizing hmm . So far even at the end of the day when I touch my eyes I can still feel the thin layer of moisture on my eyes. I love this cream and do not regret at all for spending such a big sum of money for an eye cream. I need such a tiny amount of cream and it feels very moisture rich. As far as those few lines under my eyes...well they are still there but less visible and that is only after a week Smile
The scent was only noticible at the beginnig because it was new, but now I don't even notice it. It is absolutely not irritating to my eyes.
I actually founf Murad essential C more irritating. I was crying after each application Crying or Very sad . Also I found Murad to be too dry for me.
Thank you all for all your wonderful reviews of cellcosmet eye cream. I it!!!!
DeeDee99
5% products discount

Sun Jan 02, 2005 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the thorough review of the cellcosmet. Tiger_Tim!
I noticed you mentioned the Babor sensational eyes is on your "must try" list. I'm not sure if the product I have tried from Babor is called sensational eyes, but I recently had a facial at a spa that uses the Babor products and as part of the facial, there was a special eye treatment applied from the Babor line -- it was basically three small vials that contained different oils/serums that were applied throughout the facial to my eyes, and they felt sooooo moisturized and soft afterwards. I know the price for the three vials was $39.99 Canadian.
Sorry I can't be more precise about what the product was called, but it was very nice.
If I go back to the spa for a facial, I'll post the name for you.

Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi DeeDee,

That's not Sensational Eyes you're describing (it's a cream) but it sounds wonderful nonetheless! So you know if the vials were specifically for the eye area or if they were applied to the whole face? TIA Smile
DeeDee99
5% products discount

Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Mabsy -- it was specifically for the eyes. The way the esthetician described it was as a hyrdrating treatment for the eye area and that it would aid in the efficacy of my other eye products. I have to say, my fine lines did look a lot softer post-facial.
I'll be returning to that spa hopefully within the next couple of weeks, and as soon as I get the proper product name, I'll let you know. I tried to find it online, but couldn't.
By the way, I've read some of your posts in other threads -- you sure know your skin care -- you put me to shame! And when I read your age, I was so jealous -- you're going to look fabulous well into your 90s getting such an early start on taking great care of your skin!
Cheers!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:

tiger_tim - have you got to try the Origins "No Puffery Cooling mask for puffy eyes"? how do you like it?
Mabsy

Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:14 am      Reply with quote
DeeDee99 wrote:
Hi, Mabsy -- it was specifically for the eyes. The way the esthetician described it was as a hyrdrating treatment for the eye area and that it would aid in the efficacy of my other eye products. I have to say, my fine lines did look a lot softer post-facial.
I'll be returning to that spa hopefully within the next couple of weeks, and as soon as I get the proper product name, I'll let you know. I tried to find it online, but couldn't.
By the way, I've read some of your posts in other threads -- you sure know your skin care -- you put me to shame! And when I read your age, I was so jealous -- you're going to look fabulous well into your 90s getting such an early start on taking great care of your skin!
Cheers!

Hi DeeDee,

If you do find out what it was could you please let us all know? Sounds very nice! Also, if you do go back there and are (or will be) in the market for an eye cream then see if you can get yourself a sample of the Essential Eyes cream. I'd love to know what you think of it.

I really enjoy everything to do with skincare (and perfume!) and living in Australia this is a good thing seeing as the sun here is rather harsh. I learned fairly early on (although still probably not early enough - when I moved here from Poland I didn't have a freckle on my body, after a few years of tanning sans sun-block I have heaps of them on my back! Brick wall ) that sunblock is the best preventative thing you can do for your skin. Anything else is the cherry on top Smile
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Happygirl!

Hanging my head in shame I have to say that I only have tried it a few times when I used a mask and also just before I got off the plane from a long-haul flight.

I am going to get out my tubes and put them on the cabinet where I can see them and do the test. Actually, I might try a bit right now before bed and sleep with it on to see how I end up in the morning!

Off to mask-up!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:36 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |