Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Combining Philosophy (skin care) brand with Retin -A ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Tia2010
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all. I'm still doing the Obagi Condition and enhance kit (week 1) I plan to do the whole kit ( 16-18 weeks my derm said) but after that she told me I could just do maintenance . But she didn't say Obagi maintenance . She made it sound like I could go back to my regular skincare line and just maybe keep the retinol-A gel to add to it. And maybe a C serum.

My question: I have been using Philosophy skin care. The hope in a jar moisturizer and their peel pads and both contain lactic acid. Is that OK to use if I continue to use retinol-A while on maintenance? I really did like the hope in a jar moisterizer and peel pads. But I don't want to mess up my face by doing something wrong !

I hope I made some sense there Confused

I was expecting to just do the Obagi and then back to my old skin care ( with maybe keeping the retinol-A and adding a C serum) but from what I read it seems that alot of people still use Obagi for their maintenance. Do I have to stick with Obagi or would it be Okay to go back?

Also before I do another microdermabrasion ( not for a long while after Obagi is done) will I have to go off the retinol first so my skin is OK ?

I really never thought this much about skincare this in depth before ! Shock The things that change when you hit 40 ! Laughing
Thoughtful
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Retin A is an exfoliator so I wouldnt use your pads and retina on the same night.You have to be careful not to overexfoliate or your skin can become very sore and peel and inflamed,try alternating or retin a on the third night to see how your skin reacts.If you start off cautiously you can always build up retin a to every other night .

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Smile

I'm still doing the obagi for now but I'm trying to plan ahead.

So if I use lactic acid products ( like philosophy peels) one night and retin-A ( the 0.04 % micro gel) on off nights a couple times a week , then that should be OK , right?

I never knew skincare could be so confusing Confused I use to just cleanse , moisturize , and head out....now I'm trying to figure out what can be paired with what and how much can be done to counteract aging but keep your skin safe...wow , There is alot to this! Shock
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I try to use the Obagi .
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |