Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Just getting into the DIY and looking for website rec's.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mrslid
5% products discount

Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I'm just getting into the DIY game and very excited. I'm looking for different websites for research and to buy ingredients from. So far I have found:
*Skinactives (I've already had a bad experience here though)
*Lotioncrafter
*Bulkactives
What other good ones are out there. I'm in Canada so they would have to ship there. I'm looking for good base creams too for dry skin. I like the look of the canvas cream on SAS but I would prefer not to order there.
Thanks!!
bluugrass
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
If you've not yet checked this post, do so...
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=32529

Welcome to the forum! Very Happy
I'm new to DIY myself, and I've just within the past month received my first shipment of actives and bottles. I don't know who ships to canada, so hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in. Anyone?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
bluugrass wrote:
If you've not yet checked this post, do so...
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=32529

Welcome to the forum! Very Happy
I'm new to DIY myself, and I've just within the past month received my first shipment of actives and bottles. I don't know who ships to canada, so hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in. Anyone?

Hi and Welcome, Smile

Aside from Alley's A list at the bottom of the recipe index are a listing of many suppliers. I know one in Canada is Cranberry Lane.

http://www.cranberrylane.com

recipe index:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902

HTH

5% products discount

Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Thank you guys soooo much!!! I did so many different searches and always came up with so many threads that didn't have what I was looking for and I never did find that one. Wonderful!!!!
NoraJaye2

Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I thought I'd piggyback on the op's post rather than creating a new and similar one.

I too just found this forum and am so excited -I've been fighting this aging skin fight on my own and spending too much money on stuff without enough active ingredients to do the trip.

Thanks to y'all I just ordered everything I need to make the C serum with ferulic acid and it's far less than a single jar of cream. THANKS!

I also ordered some Copper Peptides, some pomegranate extracts and green tea extract just because. So here's my question:

Is there a post or a site or anything anywhere that will help me understand what should be mixed with what?

If something is water soluble, does that mean I shouldn't mix it with an oil? Are the jojoba and vitamin E oils from Whole Foods good enough? What does the vodka or witchhazel do? Where can I find those little blue bottles? Should I keep all my solutions refridgerated once made or just the C?

So really, I'm looking for mixology basics.

(If it makes any difference, I am in my forties, have a very thin face and super dry skin, just bought a derma roller, and have two 60s aunts I'm going to supply with my brew)

Thank you!
bluugrass
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
NoraJaye, I got several blue and amber glass bottles with droppers at specialtybottle.com. I was happy with their prices and selection. It took about a week (I'm in southern Illinois) for delivery. Your other questions will be better answered by someone else...I'd like to see a Mixing Basics 101 as well Laughing
snowymtn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
I recently bought oils from New Directions Aromatics and am thrilled with the.

I make a mixture of baobab, sea buckthorn, meadowfoam and black current oils (all antiaging and antiinflammatory) which is really soothing for the occasional times that my face feels dry.

I've never purchased from anyone else, but I do recommend them for oils.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Not mixology 101 by any means!

Reading several different recipes here and some of the listed sites can help a lot to get an idea how things are put together.

Most of your ingredients are soluable in one of the following.
Alcohol
Water
Oil

When you are mixing those together you will find that your recipe is given in phases, mix oil soluble in oil, water soluble in water ect.

Then the different phases are mixed together usually with an emulsifier that keeps say oil and water phases from separating.

The correct ph for the active needs to be considered.

What if any thickener, stabilizers, preservative you need.

One source of free recipes and information I recommend is:

http://www.makingcosmetics.com

many of the sites in the index list also have recipes and help with formulating.

My best advice other than what is listed above start slow and simple or it can be quite overwhelming and frustrating. Smile

Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |