Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Severe knee and leg cramps from birth control pills
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ellet
5% products discount

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have severe leg and knee pain from taking the pill. i just noticed this because i was on my pill free break. i am so silly for not noticing this before. during this week i had NO pain whatsoever. another time was during my whole pregnancy. and of course i wasn't taking any pill then.

i just started gynera pill. before that i was taking yasmin. there are both from the same company. and gynera after 5 days is already giving my lots of pains.

did this happen to u? what did u do?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
Is this a continuing issue with you and BC pills? My oldest was on the pill about 8-9 years ago and had severe leg pain that turned out to be blood clots 1 in her calf and another in her thigh almost to the groin.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Oh boy!

dark moon, did she go to the doctor? what happened? did she have to stop using it?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
ellet wrote:
Oh boy!

dark moon, did she go to the doctor? what happened? did she have to stop using it?

She landed in the hospital for over a week on Heparin then bed rest at home and coumadin for over a year. She can never take any type of hormonal birth control at all!
I am not trying to frighten anyone but clots are a possible side effect and leg pain is what made her go to the ER!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like you should get it checked out. It could be quite serious.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:04 am      Reply with quote
gimidalight wrote:
Sounds like you should get it checked out. It could be quite serious.

My thoughts exactly, much better safe than sorry on something possibly serious as this can be.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:45 am      Reply with quote
ellet - you really need to get this checked out asap. As mentioned it could be blood clots.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
ellet - you really need to get this checked out asap. As mentioned it could be blood clots.

GG, I am really hoping that ellet already went to get it checked out! I know my daughter had ultrasound on her legs and that showed the clots. From there they admitted her immediately and started treatment.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I was on Loestrin and got back Charley horses in my legs. Sometimes both at the same time. I heard it was something about Potassium, so I ate bananas to compensate. I went off that one anyway, but that could be a cause, although I thought Yasmin was not supposed to affect your potassium levels. Good luck and feel better!

Renee

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:38 am      Reply with quote
rcascone wrote:
although I thought Yasmin was not supposed to affect your potassium levels.

Actually Yasmin and Yaz are know to effect potassium levels, although not in everyone of course. I used it with out problems. Yasmin recommends that your dr check your potassium levels after a few months of use.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:34 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Is this a continuing issue with you and BC pills? My oldest was on the pill about 8-9 years ago and had severe leg pain that turned out to be blood clots 1 in her calf and another in her thigh almost to the groin.

The same kind of thing happened to me. I thought I had severe cramps for a whole fortnight, but it turned out to be deep vein thrombosis in my left calf. This can sometimes be a side-effect of using BC pills, especially in combination with sitting still for prolonged periods.

Please definitely get it checked out, just in case.
tmeyer66
5% products discount

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to add to DarkMoon's post - regarding blood clots.

Five years ago, I had been having severe cramps in the back of my left calf, near my knee. I didn't pay attention to that pain. Then, at work, when walking to a conference room, I suddenly could not breath, and began wheezing. I could not catch my breath. A co-worker helped me to the conference room, where she called an ambulance.

I had a blood clot, that had broken loose from the back of my left knee, and went to my lungs. I spent 16 days in the hospital on Heparin and then transition to Coumadin. It was determined that the hormones in the birth control pill caused my blood clot (I was 38 at the time). I still take Coumadin to this day, due to other hormonal issues I have, and to ensure that I do not have another pulmonary embolism.

Please, go to the doctor. Get it checked out.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
tmeyer66,

That's really so scary, Thank God you came out ok! Luckily for my daughter the clots stayed in her legs, but it was a huge concern hence the hospital stay and bed rest at home! She was only 20 at the time so the possibility of clots as a side effect don't discriminate due to age.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |