Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Yikes!! Is this True about Dermarolling??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
So I have been reading more and more (trying to get through that MEGA HUGE dermarolling thread)

and came across this in there.

****I have to tell her how many units i want (by the moment only 2: the 0,5mm and the 1,5mm) I have read somewhere that going deeper could cause some breaking capilares and I am not willing to take that risk. But maybe the super big one is great for te body! ***

is this true? i also read on that thread that longer needles above 1.5mm, can also cause nerve paralysis.

If this is true, my quest for a dermastamp continues. will only get the 1.5mm after reading that, if its true, that is.

Best Wishes

Storke
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Storke,

I would really suggest that you read the articles in the CIT/Dermarolling Articles thread. Those share the perspectives of EXPERTS who do this day in and out for their profession. I can tell you are on a quest for knowledge, so why not read the basics directly from the pros and get the BEST source of info?

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29860

Reading those articles will 1) educate you on how needling REALLY works, and 2) why you do (or do not) need certain length needles.

As far as your questions:

- Breaking blood vessels is to be expected when rolling, and you NEED to have blood released in order to stimulate the wound healing cascade.

- Pros used to use needles as long as 3.0mm, but are finding that 1.0mm and 1.5mm needles can accomplish the same results. But I have not read about any nerve damage when rollers in any of the above lengths are in used in the proper manner.

And if you take the time to check out the thread above, you will see that my 3rd post even shares a study with results by needle length. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Will definitely check out those links, and do some MORE reading.

Best Wishes

Storke
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany

I am knee deep in the reading of those dermarolling links! Thanks very much for posting them.

The first link u posted (where you said was your fav article) no longer works, for some reason.

the other links you posted do work okay.

I particularly liked this article that you posted for me to read. It talks specifically about needle length and that anything longer than a 1.5mm can increase the risk or nerve damage or paralysis. Truly helps make up my mind to purchase a 1.5mm dermastamp, but so far the only one that I can find on the net, is that divine beauty dermastamp one.

Warm Regards,

STorke
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Storke,

I should probably keep my nose out seeing as I haven't braved rolling so far. You may have posted somewhere but what draws you to the stamp rather than the roller? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Stork wrote:
Hi Bethany

I am knee deep in the reading of those dermarolling links! Thanks very much for posting them.

The first link u posted (where you said was your fav article) no longer works, for some reason.

the other links you posted do work okay.

I particularly liked this article that you posted for me to read. It talks specifically about needle length and that anything longer than a 1.5mm can increase the risk or nerve damage or paralysis. Truly helps make up my mind to purchase a 1.5mm dermastamp, but so far the only one that I can find on the net, is that divine beauty dermastamp one.

Warm Regards,

STorke

try this one:

http://www.dermaconcepts.com/documents/0000/0103/Articles_-_Environ_-_Micro_Needling.pdf

I copied and paste the title line into Google and was floored to find that my summary of rolling links and overview has been posted on a gazillion forums, lol. Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Stork wrote:

Keep in mind that they were most likely comparing it to the 3.0mm that was the predecessor...the difference between the 1.5mm stamp and the 1.8mm stamp is negligable.

But buy whatever YOU feel most comfortable with!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:57 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Storke,

I should probably keep my nose out seeing as I haven't braved rolling so far. You may have posted somewhere but what draws you to the stamp rather than the roller? Smile

She's just treating acne scars.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:04 am      Reply with quote
The main reason I decided not to use the dermaroller, is that after alot of research into, it seems there is a risk of getting 'trackmarks' left from the dermaroller.

whereas from a dermastamp, seems much less likely to occur. as u r stamping, straight up and down motion, rather than a rolling and lifting motion which u use on a dermaroller.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |