Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Skin Biology Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
truth
5% products discount

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! So happy to get good advice from people who actually understand! All my dermo wants to do is put me on accutane for the rest of my life. Not going to happen!

Looked into Protect and Restaore and it sounds genius! Thanks NCN. I'll definately give it a go. I hope it works (recently tried ACV method and even that made me break out. And it never stopped till I stopped ACV).

So this is what I'm thinking for my new regime:
AM: Exfol. Then decent eye cream (any recommendations? Currently with Your Best Face Correct.)
PM: 1st gen CP serum for chest. Protect and Restore for my face. I think squalene would be best for chronic acne like mine.

What do you all think? And thanks again! Giving me hope. Hard to look in the mirror some days and see lines AND cysts.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi Truth,
That looks like a good plan for starting out with CP's.
I think that's a good idea to start with the 1st gen CP serum for chest & probably for the neck too.
I love the P&R on my face but find I have more intense itching on my neck right now. I was thinking of getting the BND cream for chest and neck.

Foxe or Starmodel- do you think the BND cream would be a good choice?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:22 am      Reply with quote
The 1st gen CPs are great for sensitive areas and the neck and chest count for that. I also think they are good for the eyes, so for an eye cream - I'd recommend those.

I started with the Super GHK Cream for my eyes and had AWESOME results on firming up the skin and changing the texture (use to be 'crepey').

I tried some BND for my neck & chest and really liked it. I use Skin Signal now and that's working really good there too. I think the P & R is stronger than the BND, or it might be that the BND has other ingredients in it for the sensitive decollette area and that might be why it works so well there. The P & R is itching because your skin is not use to it yet. You might have to work your way up to something stronger like that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:25 am      Reply with quote
truth - I also think what you laid out for your routine should be fine. I just don't know alot about squalene (but do know that SB sells squalAne oil - different product)

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
Hi Truth,
That looks like a good plan for starting out with CP's.
I think that's a good idea to start with the 1st gen CP serum for chest & probably for the neck too.
I love the P&R on my face but find I have more intense itching on my neck right now. I was thinking of getting the BND cream for chest and neck.

Foxe or Starmodel- do you think the BND cream would be a good choice?

Yes Brierrose, BND is a good choice for your neck and chest. It was originally designed for nursing mothers.

You can also start with either the Body Lotion or to keep it simple you can use the same P&R Cream you use on your face. P&R is what I started with on my neck & chest way back.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Star Model wrote:
Yes Brierrose, BND is a good choice for your neck and chest. It was originally designed for nursing mothers.

You can also start with either the Body Lotion or to keep it simple you can use the same P&R Cream you use on your face. P&R is what I started with on my neck & chest way back.

I have been experiencing some irritation with P&R cream on my neck although on my face is fine. I wanted to make sure the BND cream was milder since my neck is more sensitive but I suppose I could also buffer with Emu oil before the P&R. I'd like to gradually work up to Skin Signals but so far I'm loving the P&R cream. I think I've finally learned to take things slower. Thanks Star Model.
bvine

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
If you are looking for a very good C-serum that doesn't cost a lot go to Ebay and search for Skin Beauty Solutions 25% Vitamin C Serum (L-Ascorbic Acid)

fairlady, I'm just wondering if you have used any of the Skin Beauty Solutions other products. I bought a 35% lactic acid and some emu oil from them. Does anyone know if the lactic acid is good quality or if there is a even such a thing of quality when it comes to lactic acid ie. is it all the same? I'm a bit nervous of using lactic acid at home. otherwise is the a better lactic acid solution i can buy to use at home?
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:57 am      Reply with quote
bvine wrote:
Quote:
If you are looking for a very good C-serum that doesn't cost a lot go to Ebay and search for Skin Beauty Solutions 25% Vitamin C Serum (L-Ascorbic Acid)

fairlady, I'm just wondering if you have used any of the Skin Beauty Solutions other products. I bought a 35% lactic acid and some emu oil from them. Does anyone know if the lactic acid is good quality or if there is a even such a thing of quality when it comes to lactic acid ie. is it all the same? I'm a bit nervous of using lactic acid at home. otherwise is the a better lactic acid solution i can buy to use at home?

Hi bvine,

You would have to check the pH of the peel to know how strong it is. The lower the pH, the stronger it will be & this will dictate how long you will leave it on your skin. Check their product info & directions.

Perhaps someone who has used their products would know?
Lilac19
5% products discount

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Can someone tell me what BND stands for.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Lilac - BND stands for Breast, Nipple and Decollette. Much easier to say BND - isn't it?

The BND was developed for nursing moms and then it was found it worked nicely on the sensitive decollette too.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Wow do I feel stupid. I never would have guessed it. Well that made my day. Thanks
truth
5% products discount

Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Ok, after much reading (thanks Foxe for putting some great info out there!) and researching on skin bio and other sites (believe you me, this is hard when you have runaway wifi like i do! LOL!) I've decided to go with some sample packs:

The P&R High Retinol and Exfol cream.
And, CP Serum and Exfol serum.

I can't decide if the Exfol would be better for me as a serum or a cream so...Also, my back and chest are scarred quite nicely (deeper than tattoos as one plastic surgeon told me), I figure the CP Serum might be good to try.

Couple questions though:
Do I need to use an oil to buffer the P&R (before applying or after)?
Do I need to use an oil for my back and chest with the CP serum?
I use Dove Unscented (Dove products are formulated to be pH neutral (around pH 7.0)). Cool?
Still in search of a nice day eye cream. Super GHK cream seems to be a good choice? Can I continue using my TNS night eye repair and MD Forte at night?

I must thank Fairlady, Foxe, NCN, and everyone else who's been kind enough to give me great advice. I'm so excited to try CPs. Again, I wanted to start months ago, but got scared off by some bad reviews. I feel like a kid the week before Christmas!!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:31 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Lilac - BND stands for Breast, Nipple and Decollette. Much easier to say BND - isn't it?
Shock Laughing Laughing Laughing

Interesting name anyway....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
truth wrote:
Ok, after much reading (thanks Foxe for putting some great info out there!) and researching on skin bio and other sites (believe you me, this is hard when you have runaway wifi like i do! LOL!) I've decided to go with some sample packs:

I can't decide if the Exfol would be better for me as a serum or a cream so...Also, my back and chest are scarred quite nicely (deeper than tattoos as one plastic surgeon told me), I figure the CP Serum might be good to try.

Couple questions though:
I use Dove Unscented (Dove products are formulated to be pH neutral (around pH 7.0)). Cool?
Still in search of a nice day eye cream. Super GHK cream seems to be a good choice? Can I continue using my TNS night eye repair and MD Forte at night?

I must thank Fairlady, Foxe, NCN, and everyone else who's been kind enough to give me great advice. I'm so excited to try CPs. Again, I wanted to start months ago, but got scared off by some bad reviews. I feel like a kid the week before Christmas!!

Why not get one of each of the Exfol if you're getting two combo packs. I had tried other brands before I tried the Exfol myself and I really like it. I got the serum first and now want to try the cream (it's got some nice ingredients in it)

If you are working on scars, (and are getting some P & R too) you might want to try the Super CP Serum for the scarred areas. Just a thought. You can start out on large areas with a diluted serum (dilute w/ H2O) and spot treat the scarred areas full strength. I'm thinkig this is for the back that you mentioned. It sounds like you might have dry skin which the P&R w/ Retinol is perfect for.

Using an oil under a cream is a good way to buffer it. You can also just use less of the product or go every other day for a week or two. Just until your skin is use to it.

An oil OVER the serums is good since they have no lipids in them and the oil helps them sink in better - esp if the oil is one like emu or squalane. You can also put an oil on first with serum (or a cream) to buffer your skin for a while.

The Dove sounds fine w/ a pH of around 7. I really like the Gentle Cleanse from SB. Didn't try it for a long time, but it's the one I'm sticking with now. You might want to try that one sometime.

I don't know much about the TNS or MD Forte products, and using them might be OK. But, if they have any acids in them (the MD might have glycolic acid - an AHA) then definitely use them at a different time of day from a GHK product. So - yes, you can use them at night. In fact - I would keep using them up, they're expensive little buggers!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
foxe wrote:
Shock Laughing Laughing Laughing

Interesting name anyway....

Isn't it though? I was so red just typing it out!! Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Bvine - sorry i have tried any of Beauty Solutions other products so I really can't say either way. The C-serum is a really nice product for a great price - maybe their other products are great too. Please let us know what you think after you give them a try.

truth - you are very welcome & I hope you find great results with your new skincare regimen. You have received a lot of terrific advice from everyone, now you will have to start out slowly and by trial & error find the combination that best suits your skincare needs. One recommendation for you on the Exfol: The cream is better for skin that is dry or normal to dry and the serum is better suited for skin that is oily, combination or prone to breakouts. HTH

foxe - Squalene was the same as Squalane - I misspelled the word. Thank you for pOinting out the obvious

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, all -
I recently went on an aggressive weight-loss program, and was concerned about my face and neck sagging. I also realized that being off copper peptides for the last year, I had lost my youthful "glow".

So, I pulled out my "Protect and Restore" and Exfol creams from Skin Biology. My results in just a few weeks have been great! My glow is coming back, and my skin clarity has improved. Someone at work recently commented that my 17 lb weight-loss was noticeable, but the lack of facial sagging surprised her! I think that is the greatest testimonial for how copper peptides have worked for me.

I noticed recently, that my hands are starting to look dry and wrinkly. I'll be checking in with Nancy at NCNProSkinCare for the appropriate CP products for that!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
truth wrote:

Couple questions though:

Hi truth - I still use MD Forte and TNS -I alternate these at night. My CP use is in the morning. It is a system that works.

Same as you, I was scared off of CP's by a few bad reviews and have learned in the meantime that will always be the case with every product.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:11 am      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
Hi, all -
I recently went on an aggressive weight-loss program, and was concerned about my face and neck sagging. I also realized that being off copper peptides for the last year, I had lost my youthful "glow".

So, I pulled out my "Protect and Restore" and Exfol creams from Skin Biology. My results in just a few weeks have been great! My glow is coming back, and my skin clarity has improved. Someone at work recently commented that my 17 lb weight-loss was noticeable, but the lack of facial sagging surprised her! I think that is the greatest testimonial for how copper peptides have worked for me.

I noticed recently, that my hands are starting to look dry and wrinkly. I'll be checking in with Nancy at NCNProSkinCare for the appropriate CP products for that!

Hi Nadine,
So good to hear you are doing well - both with the weight loss and the skin care. CONGRATS!!

So, you are back to CPs? I used them, religiously, for about 1-2 years when we were all on that other forum (under Debbie's guidance), and I can't really say that I saw great results. However, now that I am thinking about it - my skin has really deteriorated at some point after stopping with CPs. Perhaps there is a link there and perhaps I ought to give CPs another try.

My issues are - acne, scars, wrinkles, but most of all - sagging. What do you guys think - will CPs help with sagging.

Many thanks,
R.
P.S. Anybody knows what is the shelf-life of CPs if you keep them in the fridge? I have CP Serum, Super CP Serum and Exfol Serum. They still look and smell the same as when they were new, but I've had them for at least 2 years Shock .

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi, rubby! So good to hear from you! I also used CP serum/Exfol serum religiously for 1-2 years, under Debbie's recommendation with some good results. But you and I both know that CP results take time, it's not an overnight miracle.

I stopped using CPs and EVERYTHING else (not even MMU) for about 6 mos to a year, due to dermatitis (I think related to hormonal changes). That's when I realized the power of CPs - when I STOPPED using them for a year, my skin just started looking dull, and wrinkles started appearing. Still, my esthy is impressed with the lack of wrinkles for my age.

I've got my hormones balanced now, but my skin is now on the dry side, so I've switched to the Skin Bio cream formulations. We'll see how it goes!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Is that DebbieNIR you guys are talking about? She had awesome informational posts - I tried to read everything she said. Too bad she deleted her posts on SB Sad

I have heard/read that the SB products have a 5 year shelf life. I would think keeping them in the fridge would be best for longer terms. I've had a couple creams change density - which made them harder to apply (not as creamy). But, I know Dr P has said the CPs in them is still good. These creams had not been stored in the fridge.

nadine - another congrats on your wt lose! Woohoo!! Glad to hear the CPs are helping too. That's awesome about your friend's comment about lack of sag.

I think I saw less of a sag myself - a firming near my N/Ls. But, I would like more firming to happen. That's why I'm using CPs with a small needle roller for penetration. I hope to get them in deeper to see if that helps.

Since you girls still have CPs - use those up. But, when it's time to reorder - try the new Skin Signals. It has added collagen and elastin. Dr Pickart says that helps even more for the firming aging skin needs.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with foxe - I was going to chime in and recommend Skin Signals also. Foxe was one of the reasons I returned to CP usage - she and JJBeachum and Star Model. Thanks guys!
I used them a couple of years back, had good results, got nervous due to one posters very negative result and decided to change course. I recall my skin was doing so well during that time and I attributed it to other factors which have since not held true. I think it was the combination which included CP's.
Firming is one of the things I have noticed after a few months of using Skin Signals - I also use it after a dermaroller once a week.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:43 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your comments ladies.
As I said, I have CP serums, which were never very elegant (blue and funny smelling Laughing ), and they look/smell exactly the same as when I bought them. And I am pretty sure that the consistency is the same. I've kept them in the fridge since the moment I received them, so I think I'll be OK to use them.
I think I'll start slow - CP serum, every other day, diluted 8-2. And then I'll go up from there.
I never had a good/nice skin (acne + lines), but what bothers me the most is definitely the sag Confused . I think I also need to go back to facial exercise, so hopefully with CPs, I'll eventually get some results.
Again, many thanks!
Rubby Smile
P.S. Yes Foxe, I am talking about DebbieNIR. I loved reading her posts and comments. I wonder where is she now.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
NCN
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:27 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I have heard/read that the SB products have a 5 year shelf life. I would think keeping them in the fridge would be best for longer terms. I've had a couple creams change density - which made them harder to apply (not as creamy). But, I know Dr P has said the CPs in them is still good. These creams had not been stored in the fridge.

I want to share this email I got from Skin Biology:

"The Super COP 2X is admittedly a very delicate and sometimes unstable product because of the food grade ingredients and the very high percentage of copper peptides in this cream. Dr. Pickart has stopped using a chemical cellulose (he found it to be too harsh on the skin) and has recently started using an herbal cellulose to thicken this product. Unfortunately, the resent batches made can be extremely sensitive and reactive to heat or direct sun light. The herbal cellulose will become unstable if it is not kept in the refrigerator, therefore, making the product lose it's thicker viscosity. Although this may occur, please note, cellulose is not an active ingredient and will in no way affect the copper peptides, Squalane or the hydroxide acid within the ingredient list. The great results and affects Super COP 2X provides will remain the same. Also, the high percentage of copper peptides makes the product very delicate. The peptides, by their very nature, will gravitate towards the water in the ingredient and not the fatty substances in the ingredient list. This too will make the Super COP 2X watery. Dr. Pickart could easily make the cream stable in viscosity. This however, would mean that he would have to add many harsh chemical cosmetics into the cream. This would negate and counteract most of the positive remodeling results that occur in our products as the formulation stands now. Dr. Pickart refuses to put harmful chemicals in our products that will only take away the results that have made this product so successful."
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for providing that info Nanci. It was my sample size of SC2X that got watery after a while. I also noticed the TriReduction doing it a bit when I had it for a while. That one also has a large amount of CP in it.

In the summer, I will keep my SC2X & other creams in the fridge from now on.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |