Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

ok, super embarrassing I need help with spots on my rear!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lscott
5% products discount

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:45 am      Reply with quote
So glad you cant see my face because im really embarrassed about this but last month I noticed an spot on my rear. Since then they just seem to keep coming! I dont know if this is just a new thing or if ive always had them and just not noticed (belive me I dont spend alot of time looking at my bum) Ive tried the same masks and spot gels that I use on my face but nothing seems to be making any difference! Anyone had to deal with this before? I know its quite funny but help!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I'm not laughing at all, you need to describe spots a bit more clearly. Pimples, Red hive type spots ect. ect. I think it depends on what type of spots you have, what they may be and the cause of them?

5% products discount

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Well its quite hard to get a proper look at them! Definitely raised and red, but not too large and swollen.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Well without know what they are or their source perhaps you could try a hydrocortisone cream that you can pick up at the pharmacy. It says on the box that this cream is good for skin irritations, itching and redness due to: eczema, dermatitis, insect bites, soaps, detergents. Just an idea but maybe someone else will have a better one.

I have super sensitive skin so every now and then I develop some sort of rash because of an irritation due to some unidentified substance. The pharmacist told me to use the hydrocortisone cream and it works to clear it up.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:07 am      Reply with quote
If they are boils (usually painful) it probably means u are heated up. Drink lots of water and cooling drinks like watermelon. Also avoid sitting on heated objects like chairs that have been out in the hot sun or car seats of cars that have been parked under the sun.

If they are probably pimples/clogged pores, try exfoliating.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I would start with Stridex Pads, which contain 2% salycilic acid. It will kill bacteria, reduce inflammation, and reduce the redness quickly.

I had to use them once myself for that very purpose when we had a VERY hot summer and I had to spend too much time sitting on my butt in a car. In fact, I think I read about using them here on EDS...someone mentioned they worked for a sweaty "swamp a$$" or a similarly choice phrase. Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Have you been sitting a lot more recently? (i.e. at a computer).I would guess the limited circulation could lead to clogged pores and blockages..especially if there is a lack of exercise in your daily routine as well.
in my experience a good wash and loofah every day in the shower should help immensely! that or a dry body brush in the area for 2-3 min a day

good luck! Very Happy

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
Lscott
5% products discount

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I suppose ive had time recently to take more baths and I do like them ridiculously hot. And its been mentioned to me that the room that ive been sleeping in is far too hot (not turned down the heating and removed the extra blankets from winter)Could that really be the cause??
I know hydrocortisone could help with the inflamation but im worried thats since its a cream it could just add to any clogging thats been going on
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Lscott wrote:
I know hydrocortisone could help with the inflamation but im worried thats since its a cream it could just add to any clogging thats been going on

That's why I suggested the Stridex pads...same anti-inflammatory benefit, plus no clogging AND you get the benefit of additional exfoliation to get rid of any more clogged pores.

They work on face acne, back acne, AND butt acne!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Lscott wrote:

That's why I suggested the Stridex pads...same anti-inflammatory benefit, plus no clogging AND you get the benefit of additional exfoliation to get rid of any more clogged pores.

They work on face acne, back acne, AND butt acne!

AKA Swamp a$$? I agree with your suggestion and if it turns out to be too drying a bit of antibiotic cream could be added after using the pads for a while alone first. Smile

5% products discount

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks guys, this is all really helpfull. Stridex pads seem to be pretty hard to get hold of in the uk. I can order them form usa but they'll obviously take a wee while to get here Sad and I want to get a hold on this as quickly as possible! any good alternatives, also any suggestions for good antibacterial creams?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |