Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can anyone recommend a good eye and face primer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gimidalight
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I have really dry skin, but a problem t zone with open pores. I wear mineral makeup, which sinks into the pores after a while and makes them really noticable. I am on the lookout for a good primer that will keep me looking flawless all day.
I am also looking for an eye primer to really make the eyeshadow colour vibrant and stop it forming in creases.
Any recommendations would be great!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
hi....i m looking for the answers of same questions....
I use MAC face primer and i like it but now i m going to start wearing mineral makeup and would like to find a different primer for face and eye Smile
Looking forward to the suggestions Smile
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:34 am      Reply with quote
Smashbox Photo finish primer is quite good.
It's the only one I've used though so can't compare it to others.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:12 am      Reply with quote
BE, Senna and Mirrenase all MMU companies make primers, I have used all with great results equally.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:25 am      Reply with quote
I really like Ice Elements Micro Sphere Surface Enhancer - but have not tried it on the eyelids.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:31 am      Reply with quote
mogulicious wrote:
I really like Ice Elements Micro Sphere Surface Enhancer - but have not tried it on the eyelids.

Most sell a separate primer for lids. The face primers aren't made to use on your lids at least the ones I have seen. Many like two faced lid primer, I have had good luck with Benefits Lemon Aid.
Another inexpensive option for a face primer since most contain silicons is Monistat anti chafing gel, a lot of women use it for this purpose.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:00 am      Reply with quote
Do any of them feel heavy on your skin? The reason I like the mineral makeup is that it is so light.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hands down the very best eyeshadow primer is Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion. This stuff is awesome. No eyeshadow creases all day long!

For under the eyes or other parts of the face I use Clarins Lisse Minute Instant Smooth perfecting touch. I only use this for under the eyes but it can be used anywhere you want to have a primer before make-up application. A very little dot goes along way - so the product lasts a very long time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I had tried a couple from mineral makeup companies and they did not help much.

I got the Mineral primer from ELF for $3.00. Works great. It comes in a tube with a wand (like a lipgloss container). It is nude or fleshy tone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I love Clarins Instant Smooth:
http://us.clarins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/beauty-products_complexion_instant-smooth-double-edition_01933_10051_10204_-1_73538_42010_10383

Highly recommended!
Jess_Doll
5% products discount

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I stopped using smashbox face primer because of all the silicone in it. Now I use the sephora anti shine primer. I haven't found a good one yet. I heard good stuff about YSL, but its expensive!

For eyes, I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance. LOVE!!!!!!!
MidnightSunBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
I use a silicone from Ingredients to die For:

Wacker-Belsil RG100. They recommend it as a mineral makeup primer. it has the two same ingredients as smashbox primer and Monistat.

Other than Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone / Vinyltrimethyl Siloxysilicate crosspolymer-- the rest of the ingredients in the primers seem to be fillers or oils.

I mix this with my mineral makeup, pearl, silk, powders and some silica microspheres along with some zinc and TD for sun protection and i use it as a mousse foundation. Fabulous and long lasting.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
I like Murad's Perfecting Serum. Feels like silicone but don't seem to see any in the ingredients list.
gimidalight
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Sorry if I sound a bit cluless, but what is the problem with silicone?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:25 am      Reply with quote
gimidalight wrote:
Sorry if I sound a bit cluless, but what is the problem with silicone?

Some don't care for them for one of two reasons 1) they aren't natural/organic 2) They may exacerbate breakouts for those that are acne prone. Smile

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Try Laura Mercier Foundation Primer- Hydrating, and you'll love it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |