Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lash Serums??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:10 am      Reply with quote
What is your favorite lash serum and why?

Any side effects?

Thanks!
doodlebug
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi Barefootgirl! So funny I just saw your post as I submitted a review of the PSF lash serum in the reviews section. You can read the details in that post (won't repeat it all here), but I am very happy with the Prolatogen so far. Although, I must say that it's the first lash serum I have ever tried, so I don't have anything to compare it to. But I am too afraid to use Latisse or Careprost. Which ones have you tried? Did you have any good results?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:42 am      Reply with quote
I tried Skinn Lash Serum and had great results. Ingredients are:

Quote:
aqua, myristoyl pentapeptide-17, biotin, lecithin, glycerin, panthenol, malus domestica (apple) fruit cell culture extract, sodium hyaluronate, copper tripeptide-1, hydrolyzed keratin, hydrolyzed silk, phenoxyethanol

Then I decided to try the NOTH serum since it was such a great price. When I first started, my lashes shed like crazy and I pretty much lost all the long ones I had from the Skinn serum. I used the NOTH serum for probably a month and didn't have any growth. So, I'm back to using the Skinn serum again.

I'm planning to try the Nutra-Lift Lash Reneu at some point. Ingredients are:

Quote:
Aqua (Deionized Water), Vegetable Glycerin, Myristoyl Pentapeptide-8,Cyclomethicone, Bis-Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Dimethicone, Biotin (Vitamin B7), dl-Panthenol, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract, Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B-12), Allantoin, Pyridoxine HCl (Vitamin B6), Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Steareth-20, Dipeptide-2,Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Polysorbate-20, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin-A), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf (White Tea) Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:18 am      Reply with quote
I am sticking with the NOTH as it's worked great for me without any problems at all! Smile

Skippie,
If you had such fantastic results with the Skinn why switch? Just curious. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:27 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I am sticking with the NOTH as it's worked great for me without any problems at all! Smile

Skippie,
If you had such fantastic results with the Skinn why switch? Just curious. Smile

Then I decided to try the NOTH serum since it was such a great price.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Then I decided to try the NOTH serum since it was such a great price. When I first started, my lashes shed like crazy and I pretty much lost all the long ones I had from the Skinn serum. I used the NOTH serum for probably a month and didn't have any growth.

Your eyelashes shed like crazy?? That's so scary! I've never thought it could happen. So far I haven't experienced that with the serum I'm using but I don't notice any growth either.
shaoershi
5% products discount

Sat May 01, 2010 1:32 am      Reply with quote
Just recently started using L'oreal Lash Serum. Already noticed that my lashes has gotten fuller, so can't wait to see them in a month. Affordable and easy to find.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
My experience:
Careprost - it works. Twice per week. No shedding at least for me, long eyelashes. But it is a drug category so you need to apply with care and be aware of the possible side effects. There are threads that address this on here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Skippie,

Then I decided to try the NOTH serum since it was such a great price.

I was wondering more about switching to Nutra-Lift Lash Reneu since the Skinn works so well? Is the Nutra-Lift Lash Reneu also less expensive? Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 2:32 am      Reply with quote
I've heard that DHC lash serum is quite good. You can expect longer and thicker healthy eye lashes after a period of application.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 8:07 am      Reply with quote
MR001 wrote:
I've heard that DHC lash serum is quite good. You can expect longer and thicker healthy eye lashes after a period of application.

MR001,

Hi, On one of the many threads about lash enhancers a few have mentioned using and really being happy with the DHC serum. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Lattise. yes, it works with no side effects. My eyes are blue..and I've noticed no difference in my eye color. It is amazing how long lashes makes you look more youthful. I'm going to tint them today...another tip I've gotten off this wonderful site.
With that said, I'm thrilled to be new to the site and learn about careprost..which I see, is the generic form of Lattise.
I feel now that my lashes are grown in long and full...it would be great to use a lash conditioner in the morning...like the Loreal brand..and use the Lattise/Careprost at night.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 12:57 am      Reply with quote
I used to like Mavala Double Lash!
I found my eyelashes were stronger and more conditioned with it esp when I was wearing mascara more.

My lashes did not have any side effects, but it isnot a good product to wear under mascara as it is a cream consistancy.

The only reason I stopped using it is cuz I do not wear mascara much and do not really put much on my eyelashes.
But if I do use more mascara I might go backto using it.
Also that no stores near me sell Double lash anymore.

http://www.whatshebuys.com/93101.html

Ingredients: Water, Magnesium,Aluminum Silicate,Butylene Glycol,Propylene Glycol,Alcohol Denat,Xantham Gum,Lactoccocus Ferment,Glycosaminoglycans,Proline,Riboflavin,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Hexamidine Diisethionate,2-bromo-2nitropopane-1,3-Diol.
gimidalight
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 4:56 am      Reply with quote
I've just started the ardell lash growth accelerator, it's so cheap I think its worth a try. I'll let you know how I get on.
Gini
5% products discount

Mon May 03, 2010 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
I've been using Lattise. yes, it works with no side effects. My eyes are blue..and I've noticed no difference in my eye color. It is amazing how long lashes makes you look more youthful. I'm going to tint them today...another tip I've gotten off this wonderful site.
With that said, I'm thrilled to be new to the site and learn about careprost..which I see, is the generic form of Lattise.
I feel now that my lashes are grown in long and full...it would be great to use a lash conditioner in the morning...like the Loreal brand..and use the Lattise/Careprost at night.

I've been using NOTH eye serum with great results for a few months now. Had eye color darkening, mostly on my left eye with Latisse, after only 6 weeks, needless to say I stopped immediately.
Gini
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Curious as to what is in NOTH? Or the active ingredient. I have heard that if your eyes change color..to press on that they will go back to their normal color. But heck, I would not way do that...I'd stop too. Don't blame you.
Gini
5% products discount

Mon May 03, 2010 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
Curious as to what is in NOTH? Or the active ingredient. I have heard that if your eyes change color..to press on that they will go back to their normal color. But heck, I would not way do that...I'd stop too. Don't blame you.

neveroverthehill.com (gotta love it!) John is very open about the ingredients in all of his products. Look for the eye serum under "2009 new products"
The Latisse instructions say that eyelid and eye color change MAY reverse - if I am remembering correctly. I discovered that I am pretty attached to my eye color. My husband noticed it before I did!
I have had no side effects from the NOTH serum. My lashes continue to get longer with each growth cycle.
I use the tint for my brows and lashes too. I don't need to use as much mascara anymore as well.
Gini
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:

Hi, Smile

Only those lash products containing prostaglandins cause the side effects of color change to the iris and possibly skin, which may reverse. There can be other side effects for some people while others have none. Smile

cross posting to make it easier to find the NOTH for any interested. I use the product with great results and no irritation or side effects.

Here is the direct link to the product.

http://shop.neveroverthehill.com/category.sc;jsessionid=F73A69090FACBB97077ED41B5BB9353A.qscstrfrnt01?categoryId=9

And a link to the contact us page.

http://shop.neveroverthehill.com/contactus.sc

And the Help section.

http://shop.neveroverthehill.com/help.sc

And the main page.

http://shop.neveroverthehill.com/main.sc

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
https://store.abbeystclare.com/skin-care/long-lash-serum.html

I have ordered an eye shadow and a blush from this company and just ordered some foundation samples this week to determine my shade!

I have not tried the eye lash serum, but am very happy with the blush,eye shadow and foundation samples.
I also like that they have the ingredients listed online.

The company is quite small and it is actually Margaret the company's chemist that sells the products herself!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper,

Hi! Smile I just thought I would post the ingredient list for the product you linked to. Smile

Ricinus communis (Castor) Oil, Sea Kelp Bioferment, Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Niacinimide (Vitamin B), Chrysin, Keratinocyte Growth Factor, additional oils, Optiphen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I tried the NOTH for three months and saw no difference but then my lashes were not damaged or broken off initially. I think it must act as a lash conditioner.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Be careful!
Not worth it!
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/02/health/02latisse.html?src=me&ref=health
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
SoftSkin wrote:
I tried the NOTH for three months and saw no difference but then my lashes were not damaged or broken off initially. I think it must act as a lash conditioner.

You aren't alone SoftSkin, It works great for me and some others and doesn't do anything for some! Sorry it didn't work for you. I think most of those without the prostaglandens are that way, like all skin care products. Yet the ones that have it have the potential side effects? What to do? I know I just tried it because I know my sensitive eyes would probably put me in that group that has reactions to the prostaglandins. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 12:18 am      Reply with quote
I recently read some articles in american magazines that were saying short eyelashes are a medical condition!

To me that is just a bit much to beleive!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |