Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Only fine lines around right side of mouth??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there all, I've been noticing that the right side of my face is slightly different compared to the left. For example, my right eye is smaller and the fold on the lid is smaller compared to the left. That I can live with as makeup can help.

Now comes the most annoying part is the fine line on the right side of my mouth...u know those nose to mouth line Sad I found it is more obvious on the right! If I don't apply makeup, it's not as obvious but once I do, it's like accentuating it. Is it normal to have lines more obvious on one side of the face. Perhaps it's related to me always sleeping on the right for so many yrs? Confused
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy
I know that if you sleep on one side it can really effect your face. I tend to have worse lines on my left side, under my eye, because of how I sleep. I changed that by supporting my head with a different pillow arrangement and the lines got much, much better. I was told that the pressure you place on the face when sleeping in certain positions is worse than if you held the same facial expression all day. The muscles are pulled or pushed in whatever direction, but the weight of your head increases the damage. Not sure if that is what is happening with you, but it might be worth looking in to.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
I really think you are sleeping on that side of your face. That has happened to me as well. Smile
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to add that I found improvement by sleeping on a satin pillow case, also am trying a new pillow case out that has copper in it, purchased it on win-health. Very Happy
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ok so they won't go away then the lines?? Sad Wat if I'm sleeping on my back from now on?
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Then the lines might go away - mine got a lot better! The less you sleep on that side, and the more you sleep on your back, if that is the problem, the better they will get. Really, don't feel down. If it is the position you sleep in, the problem can improve, I promise! If it is something else, changing your position at night might still help.
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Probably not your case, but might be worth mentioning: That would also happen if your teeth are different on both sides (asymmetrical).

I had problems with early childhood molar extractions, and otherwise good and straight teeth. (Very) long story short, I got braces about 4 years ago.

Now 2 years after the treatment I see that my right side is evening out and I swear, the naso-labial folds are less prominent on the right side where the bone was "fixed" and filled in. Overall my face is better balanced although I still sleep on the same side.

It was like a cosmetic procedure in a way, but I'm just glad there's no more shooting pain in the ears Smile
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
alexes & lipglossdoll, I guess I'll sleep on my back from now on but sometimes it's so hard to fall asleep this way Sad

pumaka, my teeth are actually not that symmetrical or straight. My left hand side, I have one upper tooth that sticks out at the front...don't know what's the proper term to call it but u'll see it when I smile, whereas my right side doesn't. So do u think it makes a diff. in the line? If I straighten my teeth, would that help too? Confused
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Stardusty,
it's hard to tell without seeing your xray. Maybe it's not a factor for your wrinkles at all.

If you slowly move your finger across your cheeks where the roots of your teeth are, do you feel any gaps? Like bone missing?

Should probably see a doctor and get an xray (panorex, panoramic xray).

It's better for your overall health to take care of it. At the very least it'll be easier to clean teeth Smile

But don't take it lightly. I'm a convert because it made a difference for my health. It was actually very painful and stressful.
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy
I know what you mean about trying to fall asleep on your back. I figured out something that worked for me - first I sleep on a few pillows, slightly staggered. One supports my shoulders, the next is under my neck. Then I use a soft little pillow to slide in under my temple on the side I turn my head to. When I used it under my cheek it pushed the skin up and wow! Wrinkle maps. Under the temple is all bony so no skin is pushed around. I just played with the pillows until I found what was comfortable and did not crease my face. Now I fall asleep in a few minutes.
But maybe you have other reasons for being uncomfortable on your back? Some people find it hard to breath on their backs due to allergies and other problems. I know my ex figured that out and got a spray that helps him.
Hope this helps,
Al
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Another comment related to the tooth thing--do you consistently favor one side when eating? After having a crown put in on my left side, I find myself predominantly chewing on the other side now due to the odd sensation from the fake tooth. Perhaps you are eating on one side more and it is affecting the outer appearance of you skin?
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:08 am      Reply with quote
its_kristy
Oh! That is a good point! I had a tooth problem at the back on my right side, and so predominantly chewed on the left. I noticed recently that the jaw line on the left is definitely more pronounced. It does not seem to have effected my naso-labial lines (I hate that term!) but that could be because the problem is at the very back. A problem near the front could have a different effect.
Stardustdy, do you have tooth problems?
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:42 am      Reply with quote
pumaka, I do notice a slight gap on my upper teeth, it's like the 2teeth are not growing together side by side...it's only a slight gap between the 2teeth so not sure if it's affecting anything.

alexes & its_kristy, I'm really not sure if I like to chew on the right side more often...really don't know on that one. I have to pay close attention to it next time when I eat then lol ... But I do know that I grind my teeth at night...my parents told me that. I do want to get braces and have my teeth straighten out too but without benefit or insurance of some sort, it's gonna be expensive! Sad I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed already btw...one from each area.

I also lost about 10lbs over the course of a couple months -1/2yr so not sure if it's related too.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
pumaka, I do notice a slight gap on my upper teeth, it's like the 2teeth are not growing together side by side...it's only a slight gap between the 2teeth so not sure if it's affecting anything.

alexes & its_kristy, I'm really not sure if I like to chew on the right side more often...really don't know on that one. I have to pay close attention to it next time when I eat then lol ... But I do know that I grind my teeth at night...my parents told me that. I do want to get braces and have my teeth straighten out too but without benefit or insurance of some sort, it's gonna be expensive! Sad I had my 4 wisdom teeth removed already btw...one from each area.

I also lost about 10lbs over the course of a couple months -1/2yr so not sure if it's related too.

Have you thought about getting a mouth guard for the night time?

I've been looking into something called "Save My Face" Pillow. I roll around in my sleep at night, so I'm not always sleep on my back.

http://savemyface.com/cart/
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |