Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

your experiences with using chemical peels?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
do any of you use chemical peels on a regular basis? Which do you use and why? Have you noticed any difference using either of them?

Im also interested if anyone has success with removing scars with tca peel.

Thanks!

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:48 pm      Reply with quote
I got a series of salicylic acid and glycolic acid peels several years ago when i had bad acne. They did help to smooth my skin but the scars and acne remained. I eventually took accutane, which worked wonders.

My friend has been getting a deeper peel. I don't know if it is a TCA, but it seems like her skin returns to what it looked like before several weeks after each treatment. I don't think the results are permanent for her either.
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:41 am      Reply with quote
nsachs wrote:
My friend has been getting a deeper peel. I don't know if it is a TCA, but it seems like her skin returns to what it looked like before several weeks after each treatment. I don't think the results are permanent for her either.
That depresses me a little, reading that. I've been on a mission with TCA to try and sort out my badly-textured forehead (which is the worst section of my face). My (endoscope) browlift was a disappointment. I'm even wondering if a coronal browlift is my only option now, though it sounds like a pretty tough op and recovery.

So far I've got to Jessner's and 2 layers of 25% TCA but even though I got swollen, red and flakey for a few days, the skin is still the same.

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I had a friend who went for a chemical peel and not only did her face get raw and swollen, she developed a couple of pits. Put me off trying althought I had wanted to for a long time since I heard it can get rid of milia too. Btw is it the same as if you got terribly sunburned? 'Cause I got badly burned once and the skin peeled quite a bit (you could pull the old skin off as you would a peel off mask) yet there's no improvement to the texture given the 'new' skin.
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:07 am      Reply with quote
yikes I didnt know not many people are having good results with peels. I've gotten a glycolic acid peel before but I didnt get adverse results. I would have continued if I could afford. But Im particularly interested in tca peel for removing acne scars.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I have a glycolic peel 30% from platinumskincare.com. I use it every 3-4 months and it works great to remove dead skin and buildup. Its not a deep peel with strong peeling reaction, but just enough to freshen and tighten.
I have done the TCA and those really cause a reaction that takes about 7 days to recover from with very deep peeling effects.
I think for me, glycolic can do everything I need it to.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:13 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I have a glycolic peel 30% from platinumskincare.com. I use it every 3-4 months and it works great to remove dead skin and buildup. Its not a deep peel with strong peeling reaction, but just enough to freshen and tighten.
I have done the TCA and those really cause a reaction that takes about 7 days to recover from with very deep peeling effects.
I think for me, glycolic can do everything I need it to.

Hi!
do you think tca peel will help with acne scars? Im assuming you dont have any since glycolic acid peel is sufficient.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I do have acne scars but the peels haven't really helped with them. The TCA cross peel that they talk about on the platinumskincare.com website is supposed to help with that but I haven't tried it myself.

5% products discount

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Several years ago I bought a peel off of EBay. It had menthol in it. Menthol totally ripped apart my skin and I *think* that's what caused my onslaught of melasma.

Now I only use peels from MUAC. Love them.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the TCA peels from Perfect Complexion. I haven't noticed any difference in my skin from them, honestly. I would think if peels would work for acne scars, it would take quite a few of the peels before you would notice anything.
Platinumskincare
5% products discount

Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:23 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I do have acne scars but the peels haven't really helped with them. The TCA cross peel that they talk about on the platinumskincare.com website is supposed to help with that but I haven't tried it myself.

If you are dealing with depressed scars, Icepick generally, then the TCA CROSS method is what you want to use. There is a video on this page: https://www.platinumskincare.com/tca-peel-13-20-30/ showing the process.

We highly recommend following your CROSS application with Dr. Pickart's SuperCop 2x or Super CP Serum. The acid helps to break down the shorter strands of scar tissue that are holding your skin down, then the copper aids with the regeneration of new, normal tissues.

Emu oil to penetrate copper and heal the skin. We suggest just a sample size of the TCA 30 for the CROSS method. If you have need to do your entire face, use the TCA 13% instead. 30 is for body use or scarring only. *Though you can dilute it to whatever percentage you like, so a larger bottle of 30% can do your scarring and then diluted to say a 15% you can do the rest of your face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I used to do them quite regularly, they were pretty easy to do but I can't say that they did anything for me. I was using TCA peels

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
Just throwing my two cents in.. i don't have acne scars but do know to transform skin or improve it.. takes a long time and constant use of topical products and dedication.

You can do peels and get laser treatments.. but daily use of retin A and copper peptides along with the peels will end in better skin.

Many people want to do something quick and drastic and have it last forever The skin is a living thing.. it needs daily attention if you want to change it.. and with uneven skin from acne and scaring you're going to need a comprehensive approach.
i know a friend of mine tried stuff for years.. now her skin looks so much better. .she's even a rep for the product that fixed her skin.
TelHillLady

Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I have used a 12% TCA peel from MUAC about 4 times over the last few months. It does brighten my skin and tighten it, but lasts only a few days after the peeling is gone. I bought the 18%, but not sure if will use it.

A professional TCA or Jessner peel at a derm's office is more effective I believe. My derm does these and almost every patient I see there has beautiful, glowing skin. I see her for rosacea. She has said she can do a peel for me. There is a week's downtime though.

For at home, Retin-a has helped me the most for anti-aging and skin brightening and tightening.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I gave up chemical peels and am using microneedling, vita C and retinol products now and see a much quicker change. Much less downtime time too.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
I use a gentle Lactic Acid peel (Good Genes) twice a week.

I use makeupartistschoice Mandelic Acid or Mandelic + Salicylic Acid about once every 2 weeks.

These things are life-savers, and absolutely worth it. It's insane the amount of difference my skin has seen.

My mother used the TCA peel a few months after her face-lift, and WOW the difference it made after one treatment!
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
I purchase all of my peels from MUAC and love their products. I used fruit acids peels and later TCA peels which I love, there is some downtime though. Now I just microneedle.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
I think chemical skin care can damage the cuticle of the skin and make the skin unhealthy and sensitive. It's better not to take chemical skin care.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |