Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

DIY Serums For Pre + Post Dermarolling
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi there Kassy

I was reading some of your vit C recipes.

I was thinking of making my own (for pre and post dermarolling)

What do you think of this one:

rosehip oil
jojoba oil

both oils mixed into my regular moisturiser.

do u think this would be good to facilitate max. healing of the skin and enhance collagen growth for dermarolling???

Thanks so much!

Storke
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
What are you using for C? Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate?
ammoniasmith
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C has not been recommended as a post derma-rolling serum. The consensus is that it is acidic and very irritating so it would be best to wait 12 hours after micro-needling/rolling.

However, I have used it directly after rolling myself and yes, it stings! I don't use a serum. What I do is mix a small sprinkle of Ascorbic Acid powder in my hand with some water and dissolve it. That way, it is as fresh as possible and I don't worry about oxidation.
havana8

Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Here is a link to Barefootgirl's post-rolling serum recipe from the DIY Recipe Index:

Barefootgirl's A-C-E Serum
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=521494#521494

I am sure Kassy and others will have more suggestions. Smile
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I 2nd havana8's recommendation for Barefootgirls really simple and effective recipe!

Stork, I hope you don't mind, but I'd also like to request that perhaps 'havana8' could change the thread title. It's a very interesting and worthwhile topic for discussion, and I believe it would get a much better response with something more specific like this perhaps;

I'll be more than happy to contribute, and look forward to the input of the "roller girls/boys" for the best *active* suggestions...

Vitamin A, C + E is a given, but what about the possibility of other collagen building actives? I'll be happy to share what I've learned if folks are interested.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks havana8, barefoot girl, and Kassy_A and ammoniasmith

I can't use any vit a on my skin, unfortunately.

and can only use a non acidic form of vitamin c cream.

I will check out the link you provided though. thank you.

I reallly thought using a vit c cream after rolling was okay? I guess it isnt.

Kassy,

could u give me your quick opinion on my mixing up the rosehip oil , jojoba oil and a moisturiser
ammoniasmith
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:44 pm      Reply with quote
Stork wrote:
I reallly thought using a vit c cream after rolling was okay? I guess it isnt.

When I say Vitamin C is not a good idea directly after rolling, I am referring to Ascorbic Acid. The non-acidic derivatives are probably okay.
misssalvina
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I 2nd havana8's recommendation for Barefootgirls really simple and effective recipe!

Stork, I hope you don't mind, but I'd also like to request that perhaps 'havana8' could change the thread title. It's a very interesting and worthwhile topic for discussion, and I believe it would get a much better response with something more specific like this perhaps;

I'll be more than happy to contribute, and look forward to the input of the "roller girls/boys" for the best *active* suggestions...

Vitamin A, C + E is a given, but what about the possibility of other collagen building actives? I'll be happy to share what I've learned if folks are interested.

Hi Kassy

Can you share with us other collagen builiding actives?Is it like a serum??
I'm about to buy a dermaroller and I'm really interested in any serum or cream I can use after.

Thaks

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:05 am      Reply with quote
I purchased my oil based Vitamin C from Lotioncrafter.com

I purchased my red palm oil from Garden of Wisdom.

I purchased the retinyl palmitate and Vitamin E capsules from one of the vitamin websites, forget which one.

I was flipping through one of my dermatology textbooks last night and noticed another reference to lycopene as a good antioxidant for skin. I believe there is a lot of lycopene in red palm oil and the Skin Actives Antioxidant booster.

The post rolling serums from the line backed by Des Fernandes(forgetting the name right now!) contain these types of ingredients, but I prefer to mix my own from the fridge right on the spot.

According to Dr. Fernandez (also mentioned in the articles at the top of this forum) - effective post rolling serums are critical for seeing results from rolling.

BF
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

According to Dr. Fernandez (also mentioned in the articles at the top of this forum) - effective post rolling serums are critical for seeing results from rolling.

Dr. Fernandes is huge on A and C (not the acid forms) for pre and post rolling, as well as using those actives for several months before you do a longer needle roll.
Stork
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
hi there

i am trying to find the non acidic forms of vitamin C cream like you mentioned, but most of the recipes posted here are the acidic variety

any ideas on this pls??

thank you

storke
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Stork,
Barefootgirl's recipe linked to below is a non acidic form of Vitamin C.
In the recipe index the anhydrous C recipes are mostly nonacidic forms of C. Smile HTH

havana8 wrote:
Here is a link to Barefootgirl's post-rolling serum recipe from the DIY Recipe Index:

Barefootgirl's A-C-E Serum
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=521494#521494

I am sure Kassy and others will have more suggestions. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 8:57 am      Reply with quote
thank you very much dark moon!!

just a quick question. I had asked this before but no one responded, not sure if u know

i was thinking of mixing up my own vit c cream

i was going to use my regular moisturiser and mix in a few drops of rosehip oil into it.

do u think this will be effective/potent enough as a vit c cream to enable hhealing for immediately after dermarolling????

Kind Regards

Storke
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |