Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is my moisturizer causing breakouts or purging? ro
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have been trying a new all natural moisturizer for about a week. It has lots of natural oils in it. In other reviews, it is not known to cause people to breakout and is pretty light feeling. My skin has been tight lately.

I have been trying it at night time. The last 2 days I notice some little whitehead pimples around my cheekbones, a tiny one on my forehead and a tiny one on my chin. If they clear up, I guess that means it is purging. How long do you think I should give it, and keep using to see if it clears up?

Also, I have been testing it at night. I have been wanting to start using a moisturizer at night. Perhaps I don't need it at night, since most of the time my skin makes a light layer of oil by morning. Maybe my natural oils and the moisturizer is too much, although the moisturizer is not heavy at all and absorbs right in. I am not oily during the day. what do you all think? thanks
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I think its highly unlikely that it is causing purging and it seems rather quick to be causing a breakout. Could just be a coincidence.

You say your skin has been feeling tight lately, have you changed something else in your skin products?

I only use as moisturizer as needed. My skin has changed to slightly oily recently and I don't use a moisturizer at all these days.
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
no. I have tried exfoliating more and that seems to be helping with the dryness. I thought adding a moisturizer at night might be helpful. I guess I will keep using it and see if it is just a coincidence.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:14 am      Reply with quote
One more thing...it could be from irritation which some times presents it self to look like a break out.

If you post the ingredients we could take a look at them and see if anything jumps out as clogging pores or causing irritation.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Well sweetstart if you're oily to begin with than don't use this moisturizer. Also anytime you change your skin care, skin reacts especially if there are actives in it. Skin does not purge itself.
sweetsweettart
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
well my skin isn't oily, more on the normal to dry side. That is why I am trying to incorporate a moisturizer and it seems like most people use a moisturizer at night, so I thought that might be a good thing to start, and maybe some of the dryness would go away.

Being that this is a natural moisturizer and contains oils, I thought that maybe those were pushing out of some of the whiteheads under the skin, that were probably going to come out sooner or later. My skin get slightly oily at night, mostly in the t-zone, so I was just wondering if maybe the little extra nighttime oilies that my skin is naturally producing, when combined with the moisturizer, which I am not used to wearing at night, could cause some purging. If those clogs are in my skin, I would rather have them come to the surface at once and get gone, rather than pop up a few at a time over several months time.

Here are the ingredients:
Aloe Juice, Glycerine (vegetable), Ginseng Extract, Glyceryl Stearate, Squalane (vegetable), Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Cetearaeth-5, Canola Oil, Soya Sterol, Soya Liposomes, Tocopherol, Chamomile Oil, Geranium Oil, Sorbic Acid, Allantoin, Ascorbic Acid, Hyaluronic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid, Beta Carotene, Licorice Root Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
If your skin is on dry side, how does it feel after you cleanse? Tight/dry or normal? If it feels tight at all you need to find a gentler cleanser.

I don't think this moisturizer is causing purging. I don't see any pore cleansing ingredients in there, just possibly the lactic acid but I suspect there is not enough in here to exfoliate. I do see potential pore cloggers though.

The following jump out at me as problem ingredients for some people prone to clogs, either they list high on the comedognic scale or other people have mentioned them as hit or miss:
Glycerine ,Glyceryl Stearate, Jojoba Oil, Dimethicone, Tocopherol

I also see ingredients in there that cause allergic reactions for me. So that could be a possibility for you also.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |