Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do you have to remodel after kids?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
oranges
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:14 am      Reply with quote
My 2 year old got the meat pounder last night pounding on things he shouldn't have. The cabinets have a big mark in them and he put a big hole/mark in the laminate wood floor. So I took a look around the rest of the house. What hasn't he tried to destroy? So after kids does anyone else feel like you have to remodel to repair all the oopsies of kids?
msboo
5% products discount

Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Kids will be kids. If your planning on having anymore I'd wait, as you never know. In the meantime I'm sure guests in your home will surely understand.

If you can get an extra cabinet door(s) to have on hand for later, wouldn't be a bad idea. Same with the floor unless you already have some leftovers for later repairs. I would definitely look into those things.

My husband's a retired builder/developer and has always said.... 'homes are for families AND kids' when families would come into a new show home to look, possibly buy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have children, and every time I go to one of my neighbors' house I observe LOTS of broken stuff...whether it is cabinets, walls, carpet, furniture, etc. They all say that you can't have anything until the kids move out, lol.

And most of them love telling the "cute" stories about how Little X destroyed this, and this, and this... Embarassed

But I can definitely say that the same thing applies to pets....my cats trashed my carpet, and I only replaced it 4 years ago. My next house will have cement floors with drains in the middle of each room...NO CARPET! Rolling Eyes

5% products discount

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Wo bethany.... ("LOTS of broken stuff" at your neighbor's house?!!!) Of course I wouldn't know the situation or their discipline practices.

Kids can really be destructive.... ever been in a fast food playground room/area? They need to get all that energy out properly. My brother and I grew up in the fifties----all moms we knew were home with their kids. We ran around outside with endless hours in backyards on swing sets, in sandboxes, etc. Things are so different today.

Our mom set boundaries with us, I did with my daughter (my husband has no boundaries so he stayed out of my way! Shock ) and she has with her 4 yr old.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:01 am      Reply with quote
msboo wrote:
Wo bethany.... ("LOTS of broken stuff" at your neighbor's house?!!!) Of course I wouldn't know the situation or their discipline practices.

Kids can really be destructive.... ever been in a fast food playground room/area? They need to get all that energy out properly. My brother and I grew up in the fifties----all moms we knew were home with their kids. We ran around outside with endless hours in backyards on swing sets, in sandboxes, etc. Things are so different today.

Our mom set boundaries with us, I did with my daughter (my husband has no boundaries so he stayed out of my way! Shock ) and she has with her 4 yr old.

The situation at my neighbors is basically lack of boundaries AND discipline...not a good combo!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I raised 4 and my house was babyproofed for years #1. I set boundaries and with an acre where we lived and various activities they had plenty of opportunity to burn up that normal childhood energy. If you have kids you make a commitment to devote a major amount of time to their needs. Smile

5% products discount

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Amen DarkMoon. I babyproofed as well, first 2 years. I wish my grandson could stay home. My daughter, to her credit, after full work days will take him to the park for running around, vigorous play. Also takes him to a Little Gym here in our town---especially great during winter/bad weather. She makes sure he has variety in this area along with good, quiet play time at home. She and her husband have a great circle of friends, most full-time workers with kids. As a group they regularly do 'family things' including the kids so they'll grow up together.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Yes!...... regarding BOUNDARIES. I see so much going on today that screams NO BOUNDARIES. Where did they go???????

Not everyone parents the same, I know. Every family is different and that's OK. Still, kids need to know the limits, they want boundaries.

Oranges.... not being critical of you. Your 2 yr old wasn't out to mess up your cabinets. He's 2, was just having fun with something he shouldn't have gotten hold of. Watch out for Magic Markers, etc. you might have around the house----get them up and away. My daughter has white kitchen cabs---I found a red marker in their junk drawer/kitchen one time. I took it out, put it up, told her---her hubby had just stuck it in there, not thinking. Rolling Eyes Scary thought of a Peppermint Kitchen.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |