Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sothys
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nelly.4
5% products discount

Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:10 pm      Reply with quote

Hi
Would really like some feedback from anyone that has used Sothys products. I have previously used Jurlique and also Biotherm and have not liked the reaction to my skin.

I would love any feedback as sometimes I feel in Australia we don't get enough information on certain products because they aren't readily available. I would also like to know before I buy expensive products that don'y work!
Thanks Very Happy
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:21 am      Reply with quote
I have tried both their Purifying Foaming Gel and the Purifying Beauty Milk.

Really didn't like the gel cleanser. Made my skin very dry. Still, I have weird skin that doesn't seem to tolerate gel cleansers. I've not used the milk cleanser often enough to really figure out if it's doing anything for my skin. It isn't as drying as the gel cleanser though. Does a good job of removing my make-up at the end of the day. I would only recommend this product if you do have oily skin. I wish I had gone for the Normalizing Beauty Milk instead as my skin is more combination now than oily (thanks in part to Decleor Ylang Ylang products Smile ).
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm not using any Sothys products yet, although I have ordered the Sothys Intensive Lip Care (thanks to Winnie's rave review and I was pleased to see Mabsy liked it as well! Smile ) and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival, so I can't give you an first-hand info but I here's a few links to various Sothys products that have been reviewed by other members so hopefully you'll find some helpful info buried somewhere among them Smile :

• Sothys Blanc Perfect Serum http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=388

• Sothys Normalizing Beauty Milk http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=417
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=636

• Sothys Hydroptimale Mask http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=637
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=973

• Sothys Hydra-Protective Vitamin Serum http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=832

• Sothys Soft Cleansing Water for Face and Eyes http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=842

• Sothys Hydra-Protective Vitality Mask http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=850

• Sothys Hydrogel de Liposomes http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=982

• Sothys Oxyliance Cream http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1510

• Sothys Purifying Foaming Gel http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3270

Carrie
nelly.4
5% products discount

Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks carekate, they were a great help. I'm actually having a facial next week and the therapist uses Sothys so just wanted to get an idea of the products first. I'm always on the lookout for a new line of products that will help my combo skin look fab!
naturallyhappy31
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:18 am      Reply with quote
Nelly,
Honestly...I am a dryer skin type and I didn't care for any of the Sothys products. Didn't see any results. Sorry to be a downer.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I have used their Clearness Serum (for flushing) and it was good. Took a good 4-5 weeks and then I really noticed a difference.

I was talking to a friend in Australia who suffers from bad Eczma on her face and we were chatting about skincare lines. Her comment was that Sothy's "did not work" (she hated Thalgo because of the perfume "that took away any good qualities the product had", but she really liked Decleor).
peripang
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I have tried sothys' hydrating mask which makes my skin supple and soft, for the gommage exfoliant, it also works well together with the mask, which remove all the dead skin after use.

5% products discount

Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I am using THI3 masque, Normalizing cleansing milk, Oxyliance mask and active contour eye gel. I like THI3 masque and cleansing milk. But, eye gel and oxyliance. I couldn't feel anything by using sothys active contour eye gel.

I would like to try Declor products on my next order.
yengsia
5% products discount

Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
I was talking to a friend in Australia who suffers from bad Eczma on her face and we were chatting about skincare lines. Her comment was that Sothy's "did not work" (she hated Thalgo because of the perfume "that took away any good qualities the product had", but she really liked Decleor).

I hated the perfume smell of Thalgo products also, it makes me headache when i smell it. Btw, I will try decleor.
evenet
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
The smell of sothys products are so nice. Especially the THI3 serum!
Alicia
5% products discount

Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:50 am      Reply with quote
i think the normalising lotion smells very nice too! the lovely smells and the hydrating effects are why i like sothys products

sothys facials are nice too!
MICHELLE190983

Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:11 am      Reply with quote
I have used Sothy's ---1 . THI3 MASK 2. THI3 hytrating serum 3. THI3 light cream , these are good for my skin , specailly of mask , it must the best hydrating mask than the others , it can make you soften and brighten than before.
Alicia
5% products discount

Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:32 am      Reply with quote
Very eager to try other Sothys products after an enjoyable facial treatment!
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:03 am      Reply with quote
the smell of sothy's products is very nice.
but not so much improvement for my skin.
winniewyf
5% products discount

Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
yengsia wrote:
I am using THI3 masque, Normalizing cleansing milk, Oxyliance mask and active contour eye gel. I like THI3 masque and cleansing milk. But, eye gel and oxyliance. I couldn't feel anything by using sothys active contour eye gel.

I would like to try Declor products on my next order.

Agree, the THI3 masque and normalizing cleansing milk (esp. the cleaning milk) are quite good. But their eye products including the eye cream and serum are no much surprise to me.
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I've been eyeing this line...sounds yummy!
AMIntheMorning
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Is Sothys an all natural line? It was featured in the most recent Flare magazine in an article about natural products.
jjvk
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I have used Sothys Hydroptimale THI3 Comfort Hydrating Cream. I had breakout after using it. Sad
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
i love Sothys Hydroptimale THI3 Comfort Hydrating Cream,the small of this cream is amazing........my 5 year old call me yum mom after i use it:)

5% products discount

Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I am a complete Sothys Junkie - their facial treatments are fantastic (I even went to their head office in France to see how they did them there!)

One of their best products are their shower gels - after years of using soap, I switched to their Energising Shower Gel about six years ago and have never looked back. You notice straight away the difference - my skin is not dry and does not have the residue left on your skin that using soap creates (not that I felt that while using soap!)

Other products I use are the normalising cleanser and toner - the vitamin serums, hydra-protective moisturisers, gommage exfoliant, desquacrem (also fantastic) - you name it I have tried it. I have never had a breakout using Sothys, and people compliment me all the time on my skin.

Hope that helps - now if only I could get a Sothys sponsorship .........
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
renee.marsh@bigpond.com wrote:
I am a complete Sothys Junkie - their facial treatments are fantastic (I even went to their head office in France to see how they did them there!)

One of their best products are their shower gels - after years of using soap, I switched to their Energising Shower Gel about six years ago and have never looked back. You notice straight away the difference - my skin is not dry and does not have the residue left on your skin that using soap creates (not that I felt that while using soap!)

Other products I use are the normalising cleanser and toner - the vitamin serums, hydra-protective moisturisers, gommage exfoliant, desquacrem (also fantastic) - you name it I have tried it. I have never had a breakout using Sothys, and people compliment me all the time on my skin.

Hope that helps - now if only I could get a Sothys sponsorship .........

After reading your post, I think I want to try the shower gel. I do intend to order the cleansing milk.
renee.marsh@bigpond.com
5% products discount

Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Great! Let me know what you think Smile
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:11 am      Reply with quote
I will! Very Happy
Kazbah

Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Sothys for months. I ran out of my cream about 2 weeks ago. My local salon shut down and I had to try another.

I rang and booked a hydrating facial. I have very dry and dehydrated skin and had previously been using the Hyro-optimal range.

The beautician used another product range (I found out later) that is not suitable for my skin type at all. I have red lumps and tighness across my face.

What's worse is she convinced me after the facial that I should buy the new cream so I did.

My face was dry when I got home so I put some on. It made my face worse. I went straight back to get my money back and was told it was my own fault, I should have read the label better, that my skin was only reacting because I hadn't had a facial in 3 months and then finally I had ruined my skin by putting cream on too soon after the facial.

They wouldn't refund, only return and don't have the product that I need to calm my face down. She told me to go the chemist and buy Olay and use it in the meantime.

I don't know what to do.
renee.marsh@bigpond.com
5% products discount

Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Please do not under any circumstances use Olay - it is truly awful and will make it worse!

I find the Oxyliance fluid quite good, it is not drying and I use it under my hydra-protective cream. Maybe you could also try the nourishing serum under the right moisturiser for your skin. That has good hydrating qualities too.

At the moment though I use the hydra-protective softening emulsion - love it!

So sorry you had a bad experience though - if you live in Melbourne I can recommend some good places.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |