Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
best hand cream for dry cracked skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
butterfliesandflowers
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi every1 Cool
Hope every 1 is well, just wondering if any one could recommend a fabulous hand cream, please. The skin on my hands is very thin and dry and cracks easily.
I have tried creams 4 eczema but none of them seem 2 do the job. The best cream I've found so far is champneys overnight handcream, but still have skin probs so am still on the look out.
I know a lot of people don't like hand creams with a heavy texture but I don't mind that at all btw. Thanking every1 4 their ideas xx Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure where you are, but you could try the Gold Bond creams. They are thick, yet do not leave a sticky residue on the skin. They have several formulas to choose from and work great on dry skin.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Here is one I really like as I was always digging in the garden but find it's great all the time. Smile

Crabtree & Evelyn Gardeners Hand Recovery Cream, 3.5 oz
Recommended for the aid and relief of very dry or rough skin. Helps restore suppleness and youthful appearance. Hand Recovery Cream
$20.00

http://www.thefind.com/beauty/browse-crabtree-+-evelyn-hand-cream

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
try Dermal Therapy.

I have eczema on my hands...off and on...it has helped like no other lotion. The key ingredient to look for is urea.

They carry different %s of urea and clearly indicates which lotion is better suited for different problem areas.

For me, I used the heel balm on my hands (contrary to their explanations), and have found that the higher urea content has helped my hands and cracked area heal much faster. I use the body lotion to upkeep.

I hope this helps!
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I am not sure where you are, but you could try the Gold Bond creams. They are thick, yet do not leave a sticky residue on the skin. They have several formulas to choose from and work great on dry skin.

Second the Gold Bond. There is a lot of good feedback on them.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Kiehls Intensive Treatment for Calloused Areas slathered and massaged into hands, then topped off with cotton gloves worn overnight works wonders for my eczema-prone, incredibly dry, thin skin on my hands.
butterfliesandflowers
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:27 am      Reply with quote
Ooo thank u 4 ur replies everybody! Smile Smile Smile Smile I'm going 2 try all of these 1 by 1!. I'm in england so just going 2 look gold bond up now on the internet as don't think they sell it in shops here.
Thanks again every1! Smile xx
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:34 am      Reply with quote
butterfliesandflowers wrote:
Ooo thank u 4 ur replies everybody! Smile Smile Smile Smile I'm going 2 try all of these 1 by 1!. I'm in england so just going 2 look gold bond up now on the internet as don't think they sell it in shops here.
Thanks again every1! Smile xx

Hey there Smile

I know the Crabtree&Evelyn is sold in the UK, Where I was living the soil had a lot of clay which really dries out the hands and this cream was a life saver for me. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Thank u dark moon, Smile Ive seen the crabtree shops about, but never tried it before so am def going 2 give it a go!
Thank u! Xx Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:08 am      Reply with quote
butterfliesandflowers wrote:
Thank u dark moon, Smile Ive seen the crabtree shops about, but never tried it before so am def going 2 give it a go!
Thank u! Xx Smile

Please let us know how it works for you. Smile I can spend hours and a fortune in their stores. LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:58 am      Reply with quote
My favorite hand cream is Neutrogena Norwegian Formula. I have been using that product on my hands every night for the last 15 years. I have extremely dry skin and it's the only hand cream that soothes, heals and hydrates my hands.
yajo
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:08 am      Reply with quote
For a big and durable treatment:

Burt Bees Hand salve. During the night with gloves nothing is better for me. I use it for me feet also.

After this treatment, I use Avene cold cream.
SkinCareJunkie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I really like L'Occitane Shea Butter hand cream. It's very moisturizing and it's not greasy. My BF has very dry cracked hands. He tried this product and said " boy this is better than that lubriderm junk".

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P39674&categoryId=C11831

It's kind of on the pricey side but a little goes along way. They also have "travel sizes" so you can buy a smaller one to see if you like it.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Vanicream. I have used tons of hand creams but for me this one is the best.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
A product with lanolin in it always cures my cracked thumbs. A very good brand I have good results with is Superlan. Massage a pea size for several minutes before bed. The stuff is very emollient so its best to do this just before bed. Next day you will have a new pair of hands. http://www.superlanolin.com/
Amy Lu
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Barielle hand cream with the cotton gloves.have a try
trinket
5% products discount

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:35 am      Reply with quote
MY fave cheap supermarket buy is Palmer's cocoa butter hand cream. I don't like the smell, but it makes my hands feel amazingly soft. It is a heavy cream, but I find it absorbs really well. I slather it on at night before I go to sleep, and use a lighter hand cream during the day - such as Dr. Lewinn's Revitanail hand cream, and pair it with the cuticle oil.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:55 am      Reply with quote
L'Occitane Shea Butter hand cream, it is better than Neutrogena.
jimstark51
5% products discount

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:14 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
My favorite hand cream is Neutrogena Norwegian Formula. I have been using that product on my hands every night for the last 15 years. I have extremely dry skin and it's the only hand cream that soothes, heals and hydrates my hands.

I second this. It's really thick and moisturizes perfectly. I've used it for several years, especially in the winter. I'm sure there are more expensive products, but this is great for the price.
alexes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:54 am      Reply with quote
My friend works at a health food store and brought me a little sample packet of foot cream. I have terribly dry hands and very thin skin, so I thought I would try it on my hands too. It is the best thing I have ever tried for hands or feet! Not sure if you could get it in the UK but look it up - Desert Essence Organics Pistachio Foot cream. My feet and hands looked amazing, and I only had to use a little. The sample packets are all gone now, and I am desperate for more!
butterfliesandflowers
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:02 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Smile Thank u 4 all the great suggestions so far guys! I've started some cetaphil cream, seems quite good so far but my quest 4 the best handcream continues! Going 2 try lots of these suggestions 1 by 1. Smile
hi al, we chatted before about the dreaded thin skin, hope you're doing good. Yes I've thought before about using a foot cream, that's how bad they are ! I'm going 2 google your product right now. Thank u 4 ur reply, glad u found something that works for you xx : )
beautyrose
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Jurlique Rose Hand Cream .
A moisturizing hand cream that provides long-lasting hydration.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
jimstark51 wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

I second this. It's really thick and moisturizes perfectly. I've used it for several years, especially in the winter. I'm sure there are more expensive products, but this is great for the price.

I like this at night under gloves but during the day I prefer the C&E as it moisturizes really well but doesn't leave my hands feeling coated and a bit greasy. Smile

5% products discount

Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:54 am      Reply with quote
In my experience, any creams containing large amounts of vitamin e (as long as it doesn't contain anything that irritates my skin) does wonders. Vitamin e is well known for its ability to heal skin.
zhoushuhappy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:04 am      Reply with quote
Dermal Therapy please have a try. i think it works on me in the winter.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |