Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

more defined jawline
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nala
5% products discount

Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
would retin-a help with this? what products would help/work for a tighter jawline and neck other than surgery!

hope someone can help. trying to put together something for a dear friend who has had an extremely tough year.

thanks in advance Smile
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I think you would need a firming cream. Retin-A would help with wrinkles, but I don't believe it has any skin firming properties. I may be wrong, I have only tried the stuff for zits and had to stop after a week b/c of a bad reaction
farouk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
My mum uses Gatineau's Firming Throat Gel and thinks its amazing. Do a search online to find the cheapest place.

HTH

Farouk
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:16 am      Reply with quote
my friend mentioned Clarin carries a face/jawline(?) shaping cream that works wonder... sorry, I don't know the exact name, but maybe you can check it out on Clarin's website or counters...
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:38 am      Reply with quote
well, looking at Winnie's B4 & afters, I would say that the JB ADCE is pretty good at that over time. For an "instant" lift (or at least some results over a shorter period while the serum goes to work) try the lifting masks like Epiderm Ascension or Esther's Secret.
mds830
5% products discount

Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:43 am      Reply with quote
The jaw line is one area I am working on myself. It seems to me it is more difficult than eye area. Retin-A is really super on the "T" area for me. For me, it is better than microdermabrasion. Not every one can tolerate retin-A.

Very Happy The Ester's Secret mask & serum is the best I've found for over all lift. The Argirelene in this is a new cutting edge ingredient.

Idea You might also try facial exercises. I was told by a plastic surgeon when I went for consultation that the muscles have dropped from the upper part of the face and cause that sagging jaw line. He would not admit that exercise could help but I believe they do. I have trouble being consistent with this. Also, they must be done correctly.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
mds830 wrote:

The Ester's Secret mask & serum is the best I've found for over all lift. The Argirelene in this is a new cutting edge ingredient.

Idea You might also try facial exercises.

The Esthers Secret masque works partially by giving your face an exercise workout as it firms. As the masque firms and the blood flow is moving against a hard surface, you can actually feel the pulsating effect in the muscles. The masque also contained acacia (plant collagen), aloe barbadensis gel, grapeseed and green tea extract, cucumber extract, echinacea extract, allantoin, and Vitamins E, D-3, and A.

The Esthers Secret serum contains the Argireline at the 10% concentration, hyaluronic acid, glucosaminoglycans and all the other ingredients that are in the masque.

The masque is used two to three times a week and the serum is used twice daily, morning and night.

JUDY
Co-Founder and Rep
Esthers Secret and Naomi
Face Lifting Systems

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
tiger_tim wrote:
well, looking at Winnie's B4 & afters, I would say that the JB ADCE is pretty good at that over time. For an "instant" lift (or at least some results over a shorter period while the serum goes to work) try the lifting masks like Epiderm Ascension or Esther's Secret.

Thank you so much tiger-tim. You flatter me. Actually those pictures were taken after a few weeks to perhaps 2 months. The results are even better now. Beside the products you mentioned that I use, DMAE Firming Serum is wonderful!

Winnie
Sales Rep., Janson-Beckett, Cape Cod, MA
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
Retin A is better for wrinkles and sun damage than lifting and firming.

I would really, really recommend doing some simple neck exercises for this problem. We have very floppy jawlines in my family and I think I've staved it off with exercises. I usewww.flexeffect.com andwww.facercise.com, but we were just discussing this on another thread and someone posted up some very useful free exercise sites.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3702

Molly
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I can't say how effective Retin-A is since I have never used it, but I do know that Retin-A has side effects and the ES system has no side effects. It works rather to nourish and pamper your skin to make it look and feel younger.

I just in general prefer gentle treatments to the harsher ones on my skin, even if I have to wait a bit longer for the results.

JUDY

5% products discount

Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Judy is correct in saying Retin-A has side affects. I have used Retin-A for 10 years. Recently a micro Retin-A was introduced into the market. This is a prescription drug and should be used under the supervision of a dermatologist. If used correctly and tolerated, it creates a "new" skin layer. But first the skin dries out and becomes flaky and peels then you get a fresh new (looking) skin. Obaji skin peel combines some of their peeling agents with Retin-A. I did use this system to rid myself of sun spots on the back of my hands and arms. But the first time I exposed them to the sun, all the spots came back. Shock
Of course, Ester's Secret wasn't available back when I started Retin-A. ES is VERY gentle and I think anyone could use it regardless of skin type. The serum can be used around the eyes without being afraid of that burning sensation that so many products cause.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
mds830 wrote:
Retin-A. I did use this system to rid myself of sun spots on the back of my hands and arms. But the first time I exposed them to the sun, all the spots came back. Shock

That really is an issue that we all need to be paying attention to. Shame on you Any type of serious exfoliation, whether is Retin-A, Microdermabrasion, laser, etc., will require that you never go out without sunscreen applied to the areas where you exfoliated, or the spots will come back and worse than before. The skin is just more vulnerable. Embarassed

When I did my first series of microdermabrasion, somehow I didn't get the message clearly enough and didn't use sunscreen faithfully after the microderm. That resulted in my having more spots than I might have if I had been very careful about sunscreen. In a way, that's why I'm not a fan of microdermabrasion or Retin-A and have concerns about laser treatments. Fact is, I just don't want to have to worry and be extra careful about never going out without sunscreen. I live on the water and we do lots of boating, spend lots of time in the water and on the dock. I know that I need to wear sunscreen, but I just don't want it to be a crisis issue if I happen to venture out without sunscreen protection. Shock

JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I hated Retin-A. When it first was the hot topic my derm wrote me an Rx for it. My face never got used to it. The redness and peeling really never stopped. Now, with all the great ingredients available to us I rather go for a gentler approach.

Retin-A has it's place for many I am sure but it did not like my face. Laughing
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to mention that while I am away on the cruise (Dec. 11 through 19) if any of you have any questions, my friend Melba (Mds830) has volunteered to help you.

If you have a question, PM her or post your question on the board and some of the other Esthers Secret users can offer suggestions too. Melba has been using Esthers Secret almost as long as I have, so I know she can be very helpful. Angel

If you have problems with a late shipment or whatever, call the company at 800/221-3334 or 512/306-9911. Don't really think anyone will have a problem, but sometimes the shipments going from the U.S. to other countries encounter delays by customs, etc. Rolling Eyes

JUDY

5% products discount

Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:20 pm      Reply with quote

Winnie,
You're are so right about some skins not tolerating Retin-A. My daughter tried it when she had a break out of acne. She would turn bright red. Didn't work for her at all.

We are so fortunate that new and better things are being developed all the time. Just hope they come during my lifetime.
moshimoshi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Winnie: I hated Retin-A. When it first was the hot topic my derm wrote me an Rx for it. My face never got used to it. The redness and peeling really never stopped.

Winnie, I also have problem with Retin-A, Vit C serum, and some fruit acids.... I have an area at the corner of my forehead that some lady had accidentally applied one of those on it... eversince then, the area is red and has never stopped peeling and it has been over a year now Sad ... I've tried a lot of different creams and the only thing that "seems" to work a little is the corticosteroids... just wandering if you've found any remedies for your redness/peeling problems...
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
moshimoshi wrote:
Quote:
Winnie: I hated Retin-A. When it first was the hot topic my derm wrote me an Rx for it. My face never got used to it. The redness and peeling really never stopped.

Winnie, I also have problem with Retin-A, Vit C serum, and some fruit acids.... I have an area at the corner of my forehead that some lady had accidentally applied one of those on it... eversince then, the area is red and has never stopped peeling and it has been over a year now Sad ... I've tried a lot of different creams and the only thing that "seems" to work a little is the corticosteroids... just wandering if you've found any remedies for your redness/peeling problems...

That is concerning to me that the area has not healed in over a year. I would check with you derm about it. JB has a healing cream that we just sent out to someone who over did products on her face: Cream Hydrantant and Willard water are very healing and soothing. These products are in the Salon line. It is recommended that you use nothing on the area but these products until healing occurs and then slowly introduce your other products. Again, over a year of irritation seems to me a derm visit is recommended for you my friend. Let me know how you do.

The irritation and redness I had from Retin-A subsided when I stopped using the product. Within a couple of weeks I was back to normal.

Winnie
JB Sales Rep., Cape Cod, MA
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |