Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Talika Lipocils - HOLY COW
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ellet
5% products discount

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:34 am      Reply with quote
WOW WOW WOW

i have been using it now for exactly 28 days and they are LONG, THICK and BLACK.

I use it twice a day, and have been sing an eye liner brush with it, putting some on my lash line with it.
too bad i didn't take any before pix. the lower lashes are so long and just shiny and black. how? i haven't used the product on the lower lashes. but i'm not cokmplaining. the first week of using this i lost quiet a few lashes, but NOTHING since. with Lumigan, i lost at least half of my lashes, when they were already sparse. i could actually count them before, now it's impossible.

i love it. and will continue using it.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:30 am      Reply with quote
LOL... what is it with the lower lashes growing bigger than the upper???
My product for lashes makes my lower lashes grow longer than the upper...why??? My theory is that applying to the upper the product migrates to the lower and it concentrates there making the lower grow bigger, but who knows.
Congrats!!!
Natalyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I used this a while ago, and had success, but the success stopped after a while. Result is not permanent. I know another EDS member also had a great success on talika lipocils. She even posted pictures showing her success, but she has also moved on to something else.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
This is a great product. I've used it in the past but dropped it when I had to make some budget cuts.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't post any pictures but I had great success with the Talika also I used it at night and as a base (very conditioning) under mascara. I am using a different product just because of the price difference and luckily it works for me. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Im scared of eye lash products. worry they will all fall out and I will have none.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Shoes wrote:
Im scared of eye lash products. worry they will all fall out and I will have none.

This isn't like the ones with prostaglandins, I never had any lash loss after stopping, mine just gradually returned to normal. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Itīs a very good product and easy to apply. Didnīt cause any irritation at all on my sensitive eyes and it was the only affordable (but still expensive for my budget Sad product that really worked on my lashes. Iīve also seen it on ebay at a very reasonable price but I wonder if itīs the original?
llina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
i have the lipocils regular lash serum and the new expert lash serum. i used the expert serum for one week and noticed my long lashes feel out. did anyone else notice this??? perhaps this was just bad timing and my lashes were ready to fall out regardless?

i'm kinda scared to use it again. its sitting in the fridge for now till i can muster up the courage.

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
i have the lipocils regular lash serum and the new expert lash serum. i used the expert serum for one week and noticed my long lashes feel out. did anyone else notice this??? perhaps this was just bad timing and my lashes were ready to fall out regardless?

i'm kinda scared to use it again. its sitting in the fridge for now till i can muster up the courage.

Hey Hey BabyDoll Smile

I have only used the original formula, that may be the case about the natural shedding. Were you using one of your other products in that stash of beauty products before switching? That might play into the lash loss? Sorry that happened to you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
llina wrote:

Hey Hey BabyDoll Smile

I have only used the original formula, that may be the case about the natural shedding. Were you using one of your other products in that stash of beauty products before switching? That might play into the lash loss? Sorry that happened to you!

i used the lipocils expert in the evening, while using my regular lash growth products in the morning. i used all of the concurrently. Very Happy cuz i'm a crazy gal and i like to use everything ALL at once.

?? its not recommended to use several products together? if used together it can cause lash loss? Confused i didn't know that. yes, my long beautiful lashes fell out... they seemed to shed all together in the span on 2 days. i'm a little uneven now...but i think it matches my crooked smile anyway! Very Happy

good to see you angel!
i've been busy busy working... and shopping on EDS too... waiting for a big box to arrive soon. yayaay!

ps also got the opal sonic...wanted 2 but they only had one left. i wanted to do double fisted eye massages but i guess i'll have to resort the one handed method.

whatcha using on ur lashes now? i have 2 lipocils regular and 2 expert in the fridge now. hmmm...what should i do???

to, cnd, 39, asian, dry&sensitive. products: valmont, givenchy, chanel, guerlain, dior, misc sothys&lush; mu: valmont, dior, chanel & mac; anti aging: diy facial massages, dr.ho's, assrt of EMS/TENS, wellbox, nuface, nuskin, tua viso, tua trend, babyQ, facemaster, oxylift, dermawand, life, suction, 8clarisonic, 2opal, magnassager, sonic,etc
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
BabyDoll,

It sounds like a little bit of overkill there with the lash products. Most find that they use the heavy duty prostaglandin type everyday until reaching the desired length and then cut back to a few days a week for maintenance!

The conditioning types like ecrinal and regular Talika can be used daily without problems by most people. Smile

HTH
HUGS Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
i know... i'm an extremist. i really should cut back.

but thank you for the tip. i swear you know everything. you're so wonderful.

DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
llina wrote:
i know... i'm an extremist. i really should cut back.

but thank you for the tip. i swear you know everything. you're so wonderful.

You are just extremely enthusiastic about beauty products! In this case I think cutting back once you have those long flirty lashes back is the best choice! Smile Smile Smile BIG HUG

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:35 am      Reply with quote
thanks for all the review on this product. i stumbled upon it when someone was comparing it with L'oreal's new lash serum. I was considering PSF's new lash product but it costs more!
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:54 am      Reply with quote
Iīve tried the Talika and it didnīt really work for me. The L`oreal serum made my lashes thicker but did not see any difference in the lenght. Despite this the loreal is a good mascara primer if you let it dry completely before applying the mascara. It also makes my mascaras last longer. Even when they start to get dry i can still use them with the loreal serum for another month.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
lisocas wrote:
Iīve tried the Talika and it didnīt really work for me. The L`oreal serum made my lashes thicker but did not see any difference in the lenght. Despite this the loreal is a good mascara primer if you let it dry completely before applying the mascara. It also makes my mascaras last longer. Even when they start to get dry i can still use them with the loreal serum for another month.

I have said this in the past but again it seems that nothing works for all, it's just the way with all cosmetic products great for some, nothing for others and at times a downright nightmare for some. Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:55 am      Reply with quote
oh man you guys are really dampening my mood. i was so bent on buying this... i kinda still am. i've tried Mavala and it didn't work. I didn't try Loreal cos so many said it didn't work. Someone did a comparition between Loreal and Talika (one on left and one on right) and it was a really good review. Talika came out better between the two.

Now then there is a whole load of cheap Talika on ebay from HK/China. Guys... did you get them from there? I am wondering if those are fakes. They sell them at 20% of the retail price (not OFF but OF).

But DarkMoon is right, some work some don't. Guess you just have to try. I'm just thinking this one costs less than PSF. Might be good for a start...
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Don't be disappointed but DarkMoon is right. You have to try to know if it works for you or not. I know it sucks cause sometimes it's a lot of money wasted until you find your "holy gray"but it happens Smile
jumbosstar42
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:39 pm      Reply with quote
how do you know which one to buy from? i don't think i wanna try out paying full price from EDS. it's a $50 gamble...
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, like I said it comes as expensive trying new products but sometimes u r lucky with what u get. i canīt really tell you which one to get. I havenīt found my eye lashes holy gray either Sad I like Lóreal as a primer though and most people are very happy with talika
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:32 am      Reply with quote
lisocas wrote:
Yeah, like I said it comes as expensive trying new products but sometimes u r lucky with what u get. i canīt really tell you which one to get. I havenīt found my eye lashes holy gray either Sad I like Lóreal as a primer though and most people are very happy with talika

It is just trial and error like so many things something may give someone fantastic results yet not do anything for someone else.

Wouldn't it be great if things worked for all and just did what they claim? Dare to dream huh? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Lol absolutely DarkMoon. Imagine how much money we would save, hã?
AH, what a wonderful world that would be (sigh) Smile Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
lisocas wrote:
Lol absolutely DarkMoon. Imagine how much money we would save, hã?
AH, what a wonderful world that would be (sigh) Smile Smile

Indeed it would be, then we could all spend time raving about all the fabulous products and results! Not to mention how large our CD's are from saving all that money! Laughing Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:33 am      Reply with quote
so help me out here gals... do i buy or not buy talika? if i do, here are my options:
a) cheap on ebay from Hong Kong, China - $15
b) relatively cheap on ebay from UK - $30+
c) not very cheap on EDS - $43 (after discount)

What would you do?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinÂŪ |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |